Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people in my "passerby" list on PSS having odd trainer classes. For example, Ace Trainers, Psychics, and Gym Leaders. Is this due to AR, or is there something on Trainer Customization that I haven't stumbled across yet?

I keep seeing people in my "passerby" list on PSS having odd trainer classes. For example, Ace Trainers, Psychics, and Gym Leaders. Is this due to AR, or is there something on Trainer Customization that I haven't stumbled across yet?
Your profile in the PSS has an option to change your public icon to things like Ace Trainers, Gym Leaders, etc.

does eviolite work for pokemon with mega evolutions? i highly doubt it since that would be pretty overpowered but they are technically not fully evolved

Why were Blaziken and Deo-N banned? Was there just a general consensus or a council vote or what?

EDIT: Answered my own question

22:15 superstar: yo, what was the process for banning Deo-N and Blaziken, I can't find a thread about them
22:15 chaos: superstar, you'll hear soon
22:15 yilx: they got quickbanned
22:15 chaos: alderon is writing up the reasoning now

Last edited:
Once pokebank is released, will we be able to send pokemon back to B&W2? or can they only go forward?
Forward only, like the Pal Park.

@ bans: Blaze is a touch questionable with Azu and Talonflame running around everywhere, but thank god for the Deoxys-N imo. That thing is too good; sky-high mixed attacking stats with a really excellent movepool to boot, along with not taking up a mega slot? Sign me up!

Does Skitty's Normalize ability give a 30% boost to moves that get changed to the Normal type, similar to Refrigerate, Aerilate, and Pixilate? I'm guessing not, since Normalize affects all moves, but I figured it was worth asking.

Does anyone know what happens to the BP of Gyro Ball if the battle order is messed with in some way?

For example, my ingame Golurk has a Quick Claw, pretty much entirely for lack of anything else worth having to give him. If he uses Gyro Ball against someone significantly faster than him (IE a hard-hitting GB), but Quick Claw activates and gives the attack priority, does its BP go down? For that matter, does Trick Room interact with it?

I doubt we have a Gen VI answer to this, so if anyone can answer for Gen V that's fine by me.

I was attack ev training with bellsprout herd on Route14 when I encountered a herd of ekans. Surprisingly one of the ekans evoke unnerve ability message. Wasn't aware of what this mean until I check it and realize that it is DW ability. Does this mean we can get DW ability in game now?

I was attack ev training with bellsprout herd on Route14 when I encountered a herd of ekans. Surprisingly one of the ekans evoke unnerve ability message. Wasn't aware of what this mean until I check it and realize that it is DW ability. Does this mean we can get DW ability in game now?
Horde battles have a chance of having one member of the horde spawn with DW abilities. The trick, of course, is figuring out which one when the DW ability is one that doesn't announce itself. In addition, the Friend Safari can give DW abilities, as well; I believe that it's based on whether the friend in question is online at the time.

Don't believe it's currently possible to get DW abilities on anything that doesn't spawn in the Friend Safari or a horde, though.

Horde battles have a chance of having one member of the horde spawn with DW abilities. The trick, of course, is figuring out which one when the DW ability is one that doesn't announce itself. In addition, the Friend Safari can give DW abilities, as well; I believe that it's based on whether the friend in question is online at the time.

Don't believe it's currently possible to get DW abilities on anything that doesn't spawn in the Friend Safari or a horde, though.
Ow, thx. Is there anyway to pick them out among their peer in the horde? With trace maybe? I manage to detect infiltrator zubat by setting up subs and see which one hit through it

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ow, thx. Is there anyway to pick them out among their peer in the horde? With trace maybe? I manage to detect infiltrator zubat by setting up subs and see which one hit through it
Depends. Naturally you would have a 1/5 chance of catching the Pokemon with the DW ability in a horde. With Trace you have 1/4 chance. Some abilities are more obvious than others though, like Immune Gligar or things like that.

You could always Skill Swap or, maybe, Simple Beam/Worry Seed the horde one at a time. I'm not 100% positive, but doesn't the animation show the old ability's name before it changes to the new one?

Role Play would probably work too. Even if the moves fail, I can't think that there's any horde-capable pokemon that gets more than one "tamper-resistant" move. (Or even one; are there even any besides, like, Truant Durant?)

Last edited:
You could always Skill Swap or, maybe, Simple Beam/Worry Seed the horde one at a time. I'm not 100% positive, but doesn't the animation show the old ability's name before it changes to the new one?

Role Play would probably work too.
Yeah, simple beam work like that, I remember from fighting a lot of Audino in Battle Chateau. Sound like a feasible method, thx!

Why is it that we want Aegislash to be slower than an opponent's?
King's Shield is priority. You want to attack after your opponent, because then you take their attack on the shield forme's massive defenses then retaliate with blade forme's massive offenses, then can switch out or King's Shield to swap back. That way you never have to take a hit on Blade Forme's crappy defenses.

King's Shield is priority. You want to attack after your opponent, because then you take their attack on the shield forme's massive defenses then retaliate with blade forme's massive offenses, then can switch out or King's Shield to swap back. That way you never have to take a hit on Blade Forme's crappy defenses.
I have a 5IV (no spA) that I was thinking of using. So if I were to use Sword Dance or Automize; that would still switch me out of Shield forme?
Luckily... I have a handful of 4IV (no spA/spe) that I could end up using.

I have a 5IV (no spA) that I was thinking of using. So if I were to use Sword Dance or Automize; that would still switch me out of Shield forme?
Luckily... I have a handful of 4IV (no spA/spe) that I could end up using.
Only offensive moves drop you out of shield forme. SD shouldn't.

What is the best place to level up Pokémon to level 50 quickly? Because Victory Road is slow, the Elite four is slower.... So where is the best place to level up?

What is the best place to level up Pokémon to level 50 quickly? Because Victory Road is slow, the Elite four is slower.... So where is the best place to level up?
Battle Maison as stated by dragonhide, also restaurant le wow is good too. Being able to just toss something in your party with exp share on while you ev train helps greatly as well.

It's not banned, but unobtainible, poketransfer not available yet. That or it wasn't updated yet.
One of the details is for poketransfer is that soul dew, the gems, etc. will not be transferrable. So we can only get soul dew when we get that item through a nintendo event, until then, it wont be in any of the gen VI metagames.

Last edited:
Battle Maison as stated by dragonhide, also restaurant le wow is good too. Being able to just toss something in your party with exp share on while you ev train helps greatly as well.
Just bears a mild correction: You guys are referring to the Route 7 Battle Chateau, not the Battle Maison (which is the Battle Tower/Battle Park/etc of this generation). I don't think the Maison gives XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)