Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
your Freind Safari is based on your 3ds FC,hence changing your 3ds will change your Friend Safari. However the safari of other people(ie the pokemon you see in the safari) will remain same assuming you have the same friend list in the other ds.
If the two systems have different Friends Lists? Will each one maintain a separate FSZ when I switch the game to that system? Also, would I keep any "third Pokémon" found when I switched back to the original system? Or would I have to be logged in at the same time as my Friends again to re-unlock them?

When someone posts: 31/0/30/31/31/31

does that mean that the Pokemon has 31 IVs in HP, 0 IVs in attack, 31 IVs in Def, 31 IVs in SpeA, 31 IVs in SpeD, and 31 IVs in Spe?

If the two systems have different Friends Lists? Will each one maintain a separate FSZ when I switch the game to that system?
Yes.
Also, would I keep any "third Pokémon" found when I switched back to the original system? Or would I have to be logged in at the same time as my Friends again to re-unlock them?
Well if you use a different save then you wouldn't, but if you use the same save then you would probably keep them depending upon whether the friend's icon appears in the PSS(its more likely you wouldnt since the FS will have to be refreshed). Dont quote me on this though since I havent tried it myself.

Thank you!

I have one more question I just remembered, slightly less obvious.

If I EV train a pokemon and it is level adjusted to 50 for a battle, will its stats reflect growth as though the EVs had been applied at level 1? Also, will this work any differently if I take a pokemon that is above level 50, apply a Reset Bag and then distribute EVs in a different way?

I'm basically wondering exactly how EVs are applied and how it plays out in level adjusted matches. Is it possible that when I put a fully EV trained Lv50 pokemon into a battle that fixes level at 50, his stats will actually change? Just want to make sure I'm not training pokemon in a way that's shortchanging me on stats.
When the pokemon's level is adjusted its stats(including evs) are adjusted accordingly to match the level.
Reset Bag will completely reset the evs. The redistributed evs will count.

does that mean that the Pokemon has 31 IVs in HP, 0 IVs in attack, 31 IVs in Def, 31 IVs in SpeA, 31 IVs in SpeD, and 31 IVs in Spe?
Yes.

Sorry, but no.

It means the Pokémon has 31 in HP, 0 in Attack, 30 in Defense, 31 in Special Defense, and 31 in Speed.

What can I say? I can be pedantic sometimes. :) 31/0/31/31/31/31 would be what you should have written.

If I EV train a pokemon and it is level adjusted to 50 for a battle, will its stats reflect growth as though the EVs had been applied at level 1?
EVs are calculated based on a formula, so the game can scale the stats derived up or down perfectly. It's also immaterial what level the EVs are applied at; gaining 255 ATK EVs will work the same if you add them at level 1 or level 100, just the amount of stats derived from them are dependent on level.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How important are entry hazards in 3v3? Is it reasonable to have a team with no spinners or hazard setters?
I haven't played 3v3 XY yet, but assuming you're talking about Battle Spot singles then hazards aren't really that important. Games are incredibly quick compared to standard OU and there's no time to set up hazards more often than not. You can easily get away with not using any.

When breeding, if the mother has 4 perfect ivs and the father only has 2, how do I pass the ones from the female to the baby or do I just have to breed until i get it?

Swift Swim + Drizzle
Which is the exception that proves the rule, considering that the alternatives were "ban Drizzle entirely" (when rain was not broken in absence of SS) or "ban Swift Swim entirely" (when it was the superior skill on virtually every Pokemon with access to it, and it wasn't broken in absence of perma-rain).

The Aldaron ban was contentious but in the end it was just the least crummy of a set of crummy options. Something had to give, because Swift Swim teams with Drizzle in effect were virtually unbeatable without entire teams designed to counter that threat specifically.

This question isn't really that related to Pokémon X&Y but I didn't find any other place to put it.
I have a weavile and an ambipom EV trained and ready for competitive play, but they only have 31 IVs on Atk and Speed. I didn't really pay attetion on defenses and HP because I consider them really fragile and people tend to 1HKO them with the frustratingly popular fighting type. Should I continue to breed them until the have 31 IVs in everything except Sp.Atk?

This question isn't really that related to Pokémon X&Y but I didn't find any other place to put it.
I have a weavile and an ambipom EV trained and ready for competitive play, but they only have 31 IVs on Atk and Speed. I didn't really pay attetion on defenses and HP because I consider them really fragile and people tend to 1HKO them with the frustratingly popular fighting type. Should I continue to breed them until the have 31 IVs in everything except Sp.Atk?
If you want to you can. Ambipom doesn't really need defenses for its job (Fake Out/U-Turn lead scout), and Weavile is so frail it can barely take NVE hits (LO Mamoswine does 45-54% with Icicle Crash, for example), so it doesn't need bulk either.

I would rebreed because it doesn't take that long in X/Y and if you do it before you can RNG (and getting a Shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Sneasel is fun!) for it. And EV training doesn't take that long in X/Y either.

Last gen I would have said not to bother, because the underlying systems all around were more obtuse than I was prepared to deal with. However, Gen VI has made it frighteningly easy to select for good IVs thanks to the mechanics of the Friend Safari, especially for Ambipom. You should be able to find a decent breeding partner for Weavile too in someone's Safari; it's Field Group and you'll be lucky if you check more than one or two Safaris before finding something that'll hook up with a Weavile.

Hop on the #safari channel and dig around for someone with an Aipom safari, or check the google list. Catch a few, and with Destiny Knot breeding you should be able to produce a penta flawless Aipom with a desired nature within a couple hours.

I am a lazy sumbitch and if I can do it anyone can do it. Also... to be bluntly honest, there's a big thrill from running a freshly-hatched Pokemon through the IV Judge and finding a penta flawless. Got it with a Hawlucha just the other night and I'm just a tiny bit hooked now.

Last gen I would have said not to bother, because the underlying systems all around were more obtuse than I was prepared to deal with. However, Gen VI has made it frighteningly easy to select for good IVs thanks to the mechanics of the Friend Safari, especially for Ambipom. You should be able to find a decent breeding partner for Weavile too in someone's Safari; it's Field Group and you'll be lucky if you check more than one or two Safaris before finding something that'll hook up with a Weavile.

Hop on the #safari channel and dig around for someone with an Aipom safari, or check the google list. Catch a few, and with Destiny Knot breeding you should be able to produce a penta flawless Aipom with a desired nature within a couple hours.

I am a lazy sumbitch and if I can do it anyone can do it. Also... to be bluntly honest, there's a big thrill from running a freshly-hatched Pokemon through the IV Judge and finding a penta flawless. Got it with a Hawlucha just the other night and I'm just a tiny bit hooked now.
I liked breeding last gen better, RNG just made life so easy.

Gen VI is cool and all but generally it takes like 30+ eggs to get a penta-perfect mon, and a lot more to get 31/31/31/31/31/31. In Gen V you needed like 20 minutes of setup and only a couple eggs.

Well, thanks for your opinions. I think I'm going to let them have only Atk and Spe with 31 IVs. I'm really lazy for breeding and super training, and I already had to remake Weavile once because the first time I forgot Ice Shards.

Well, thanks for your opinions. I think I'm going to let them have only Atk and Spe with 31 IVs. I'm really lazy for breeding and super training, and I already had to remake Weavile once because the first time I forgot Ice Shards.
I believe you can now heartscale any move the Pokemon actually learned previously; this includes egg moves and moves from pre-evolutions.
Edit: Guess not.

Last edited:
So google has failed me on this - does anyone know how much a single Friend Safari takes up on a 3DS SD card? (I'm very curious, so if you're "pretty sure that it's very small" but just making a wild guess, please refrain from from answering. Educated guesses are welcome, so long as you explain yourself!)

Archas

Getting over the barrier
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Is there a particular reason why Smogon refrains from issuing complex bans? My guess is that having complex bans would make the competitive scene less accessible, but I could be totally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)