Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with Espeon. Modest nature. Leftovers. 252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 special defense. Substitute/Baton Pass, Calm Mind/Baton Pass, Psyshock/Stored Power, Shadow Ball.

question: mega aerodactyl has the ability tough claws that grants a 33% boost to contact moves. does that include moves like Rock Slide that are physically attacking moves, but don't make contact?

question: mega aerodactyl has the ability tough claws that grants a 33% boost to contact moves. does that include moves like Rock Slide that are physically attacking moves, but don't make contact?
No, it does not. As a rule of thumb, anything that pings Rough Skin is also boosted by Tough Claws.

Say for example I gave one 31/31/31/x/31/31 mon the destiny knot, and a 31/x/31/31/31/31 mon the power lens. Would this leave only 4 IVs to be passed with the destiny knot, but still pass the SpAtk?

When using experience share, would it be better to give lucky egg to the pokemon not being used in battle (a lv 1) or the pokemon actually in the battle (lv 100) or both?

new to the forums and this thread but i was wondering if rain teams would be viable this gen?
I just wrote this massive thing and it just got erased. Therefore, I am going to keep it short and simple this time. Rain has been nerfed due to it no longer being permanent but, it is still viable and I see it always being viable for generations to come.

Does anyone have an idea of how much Masuda method (say, if it still works of course) increase the odds of getting a shiny Pokémon in X and Y ?
Since we're almost (or 100% ?) sure that the odds in general have been increased to 1/4096, it could be, imo, same as Gen V so 1/1366 OR, if it incrases the odds the same way as Gen V, 4096/6 so 1/683.
What do you think ?

When using experience share, would it be better to give lucky egg to the pokemon not being used in battle (a lv 1) or the pokemon actually in the battle (lv 100) or both?
Don't think this is the right forum for this (game-related/cartridge related questions, I think, go to the Orange Islands SQSA thread), but you'd put it on the one that you're leveling; the Lucky Egg boost applies only to whatever's holding it.

What is the best moveset and EV spread for Calm Articuno? I thought of something like freeze dry/reflect/roost/tailwind for support, but i'm not sure about the EV spread. Thank you in advance.

I just wrote this massive thing and it just got erased. Therefore, I am going to keep it short and simple this time. Rain has been nerfed due to it no longer being permanent but, it is still viable and I see it always being viable for generations to come.
thx ive been inspired

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Any chance of Shaymin-Sky becoming OU? I'm not fond of the Ubers metagame but I do like Skymin alot ;/.
Close to zero, skymins is fast hits hard with Seed Flare and can flinch hax through almost everything with Air Slash its one of the few Pokemon that were banned unanimously last gen.

Serebii says this of Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll: When sunny, the Pokémon’s Speed doubles. However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Clear Skies.

My question is what is Clear Skies? Is that when there is NO weather, or is a term to mean when the sun shines?

Serebii says this of Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll: When sunny, the Pokémon’s Speed doubles. However, Speed will not double on the turn weather becomes Clear Skies.

My question is what is Clear Skies? Is that when there is NO weather, or is a term to mean when the sun shines?
Clear Skies is an ability that negates weather effects. The mechanics behave like there was no weather. Note, Clear Skies does not negate the actual weather, only the effects.

Found on Golducks, Lickilickies and Altarias.

This is bullshit; for less bull, scoll down.

Last edited:
Say you got a Sableye with trick and an Iron Ball, can you pass it to megas and take the mega stone if they're already mega evolveD?

Thanks for the reply, Onicon. But given the wording, it either has to do with when the Sun comes out or when it goes away.

Clear Skies=Sunny weather
What it means is that the pokemon will have the same turn order(and effectively same speed) on the turn that the weather changes. Example, if you have a Zard and opposing a (chlorophyll)Venusaur, and you mega evolve to zard Y, Venusaur will still move second on the turn you mega evolved even though it would be faster on the following turn.

Cloud Nine is the ability that cancels weather effects.

ClearSkies is the JP name translation for Sunny Day and means that sun is shining and not that there is no weather.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Onicon. But given the wording, it either has to do with when the Sun comes out or when it goes away.
I have no idea why Serebii has this strange obsession with wording things in unneccessarily stupid and unclear ways, but I'm pretty sure "clear skies" either means that there is no prevailing weather condition, or that sun is out. Anyway, when sun is out Chlorophyll is active. "Clear Skies" is not an ability, it's the Japanese name for the move Sunny Day. There are two weather cancelling abilities, which are Air Lock and Cloud Nine, which cancel out all effects of weather, including Chlorophyll's speed boost.

That will teach me a lesson for not using the Japanese wiki; Clear Skies has been called 'sunny' because of a mistranslation. That also explains why Moonlight is buffed by that condition. Why Serebii decided to use the technically correct translation without a redirection to the source is beyond us, though.

Back to topic: The attacking order is always calculated at the start of the turn. Even when the speed change inbetween a turn, like Tailwind or because of Mega Evolving, the game will inist on the order determined at the start until the next round.

Wow, so many greninjas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)