Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
A while back, PS thought Goodra had access to recover, but was later disproved and it was taken off. As for Outrage, I think it unlocks, but it will end the rampage and confuse the user.
Thanks. Goodra has a chance to get Recover as an egg move from Milotic, once PokeBank opens up.

And I think you're right about Outrage. It doesn't work correctly in PS ATM.

Can you recommend a set please?
For Trevenant? The standard set is:

252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef
Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -SpA)

Substitute
Leech Seed
Will-O-Wisp
Horn Leech

It's a great tank, and can run either physical bulk or special. Will-O-Wisp helps with that. The Sitrus set here is great for forcing switches with its Substitutes. If the opponent stays in they often risk significant residual damage and a burn.

If you want something a little different, try the Lum Berry set. It uses the same EVs and nature, ect. but the moves you can choose are much more flexible. Use Rest, as it gives Trevenant full, instant healing and allows it to absorb status for your team. Then you can go for WoW, Leech Seed, Horn Leech, Shadow Claw, Toxic, Curse, ect.

I wouldn't recommend running SubSeed without a Sitrus Berry though. That set works because Sitrus provides passive healing, and you don't have to stop SubSeeding to use Rest.

Thanks. Goodra has a chance to get Recover as an egg move from Milotic, once PokeBank opens up.
I'm not sure why you'd think that Goodra would be able to get Recover from an unreleased mon if it already was tested to see if it got it as an Egg move. New mons won't magically make a new egg move if a released mon already has it and failed to pass it on.

I'm not sure why you'd think that Goodra would be able to get Recover from an unreleased mon if it already was tested to see if it got it as an Egg move. New mons won't magically make a new egg move if a released mon already has it and failed to pass it on.
Because he does have a point. Milotic is the only Pokemon in Goodra's egg group with Recover. It's impossible to test right now for Recover Goomy.

Can fairy/dark aura stack if two xerneas/yveltals are on the same side? Just wondering, I know you dont normally have two same pokemon out in battle together.

What kind of support would you want for this Dragonite? Aside from Rapid Spin support, as I already have an Excadrill.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Adamant
Multiscale
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Agility
Roost

I've been thinking Clefable with Wish and Aromatherapy would be a good answer, but I'm not sure.

Also... Agility, or Dragon Dance? So far, Agility has saved me from a few speedy mons (namely, Greninja and HP Ice Jolteon), but people swear by Dragon Dance.

What kind of support would you want for this Dragonite? Aside from Rapid Spin support, as I already have an Excadrill.

Adamant
Multiscale
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Agility
Roost

I've been thinking Clefable with Wish and Aromatherapy would be a good answer, but I'm not sure.

Also... Agility, or Dragon Dance? So far, Agility has saved me from a few speedy mons (namely, Greninja and HP Ice Jolteon), but people swear by Dragon Dance.

Dragon Dance is a lot more useful, the Attack boosts are worth it and your Speed is still getting boosted. You may also want to drop Roost for another attack if you're going to run Wish support, also, your Dragonite has no bulk investment so Roost is not really worth it, especially if you choose to run Clefable.

Adamant
Multiscale
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Agility
Roost

If you are set on using that set, then I would recommend dugtrio as a partner to trap problematic pokemon (like TTar and especially heatran) which can absorb a hit and then kill you/do stuff. Priority users will also need to be taken care of (scizor/lucario) and fast choice scarf pokemon.

Also, roost and weakness policy seems kind of counterproductive, since the goal of weakness policy is to sweep or punch holes in the opponents team, so adding another coverage move could be more beneficial. Plus you have clefable.

other moves that could be useful include extremespeed, Earthquake, hurricane (bit risky) and thunder (might catch skarm). If you choose extremespeed, dragon dance would be much better. Although you should only use the latter with rain support.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, normally we'd say Dragon Dance, but Weakness Policy might boost Attack enough for Agility. After one Dragon Dance, Dragonite outspeeds Greninja but not Jolteon.

Hi guys, I've been playing for a long time, but never quite got to competitive battling. Now's the perfect time, so I started building my first OU team. So far I've got Protean Greninja with Life Orb and Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/U-Turn and MegaKangaskhan with Sucker Punch/Return/Power-Up Punch/Earthquake, and now I'm kinda stuck with getting another 4 teammates for them. My first guess is that I need something to punish enemies for trying to counter my MKhan with ghosts and Will-O-Wisp (looking at Magic Bounce and Flash Fire mons here), but I'm not sure who will get the job done better. Other than that, I have no idea who to get. Can you help me, please? :)

Oh, and another stupid question: am I allowed to use two identical items in my team (say, 2 Life Orbs)? Because if I am, Life Orb Espeon is an obvious choice to back up my MKhan in case of Sableye. :P

Hi guys, I've been playing for a long time, but never quite got to competitive battling. Now's the perfect time, so I started building my first OU team. So far I've got Protean Greninja with Life Orb and Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/U-Turn and MegaKangaskhan with Sucker Punch/Return/Power-Up Punch/Earthquake, and now I'm kinda stuck with getting another 4 teammates for them. My first guess is that I need something to punish enemies for trying to counter my MKhan with ghosts and Will-O-Wisp (looking at Magic Bounce and Flash Fire mons here), but I'm not sure who will get the job done better. Other than that, I have no idea who to get. Can you help me, please? :)

Oh, and another stupid question: am I allowed to use two identical items in my team (say, 2 Life Orbs)? Because if I am, Life Orb Espeon is an obvious choice to back up my MKhan in case of Sableye. :P
lol LO Espeon. lol Espeon ever beating Sableye.

Also item clause does not exist in Smogon. That said, don't try to make a team with 6 Scarfers.

Your teammates for Mega Kangaskhan should be able to set up a sweep for Mega Kangaskhan by weakening its checks and counters. Wobbufett, if played well, is nice. You can always double switch Greninja into Sableye and smack the switch, and so on.

The best way to combat Sableye is with a Thundurus-I or Tornadus-I with Taunt. That said, it's not really that reliable, and may not be right for your team. Mental Herb Encore Wobbufett if you're really desperate.

Just build a quick team and try to ladder, so you can see what stops your team and patch up those holes.

lol LO Espeon. lol Espeon ever beating Sableye.

Also item clause does not exist in Smogon. That said, don't try to make a team with 6 Scarfers.

Your teammates for Mega Kangaskhan should be able to set up a sweep for Mega Kangaskhan by weakening its checks and counters. Wobbufett, if played well, is nice. You can always double switch Greninja into Sableye and smack the switch, and so on.

The best way to combat Sableye is with a Thundurus-I or Tornadus-I with Taunt. That said, it's not really that reliable, and may not be right for your team. Mental Herb Encore Wobbufett if you're really desperate.

Just build a quick team and try to ladder, so you can see what stops your team and patch up those holes.
252 SpA Life Orb Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sableye: 322-382 (105.9 - 125.6%)
^
That's what I had in mind.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into Wobbufett.

I need a set for a Prankster Liepard for my Mixed team. I'd like it to focus on Attack/Special Attack and be one of my attackers. Since I'd like to focus on perfect IV's, I'd rather not use Hidden Power. Thanks!

252 SpA Life Orb Espeon Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sableye: 322-382 (105.9 - 125.6%)
^
That's what I had in mind.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into Wobbufett.
iirc standard sableye is 252/252+ which fails to get ohko'd by dazzling gleam. also foul play and knock off are guaranteed 2hkoes on espeon, the latter also weakens espeon (though it won't be able to avoid the 2hko, it's more than enough)

espeon isn't smashing sableye anytime soon without getting screwed over in return.

let's just not even mention priority recover

Should almost every heatran speed creep tyranitar? I'm using tran as my SR user, has leftovers and 244 HP EVs.

Same egg group? unless serebii is lying to me, they both belong to different egg groups. Dragon=/=Field. I haven't done a whole lot of breeding but I'm pretty sure egg groups aren't a thing you can really change.
Serebii is lying.

It would be awesome if Goodra actually got Recover. Maybe I might have a reason to use it now. Not having to rely on WishPass is nice.

Should almost every heatran speed creep tyranitar? I'm using tran as my SR user, has leftovers and 244 HP EVs.
Heatran is not in the position to speed creep Tyranitar anyway because it is not fast enough like, say, Jirachi. Luckily, Superpower isn't all that common on DD-Tyranitar. Also, it doesn't look like there are interesting mons for Heatran to creep over besides other Heatrans. Since all Heatrans have the same speed we will leave it to you.

Because he does have a point. Milotic is the only Pokemon in Goodra's egg group with Recover. It's impossible to test right now for Recover Goomy.
Oooh whoops, I saw the "Goodra has access to Recover was disproven" and assumed someone had Egg tested it, but I guess it meant as Level Up.

Same egg group? unless serebii is lying to me, they both belong to different egg groups. Dragon=/=Field. I haven't done a whole lot of breeding but I'm pretty sure egg groups aren't a thing you can really change.
I have no idea why you think Goodra or Milotic is in the Field Egg group. Check Serebii again.

Unless my eyes have suddenly betrayed me (or then I'm looking at something VERY weird) it very clearly reads "Dragon" under Egg groups on goodras serebii pokedex page. And I checked bulbapedia, it also reads "Dragon" under "Egg group". So idk what I'm supposed to be looking at if not at that, then perhaps you would like to redirect me at looking at the correct page.
Serebii link
Bulpapedia link

Theres the links.
Check Milotic.

It's Dragon as well.

anyone has a ditto friend safari? :D
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dEdHNFJ1bVExb2NIdVdhR3hMc1psWnc&rm=full#gid=0
According to that list, there are two Smogonners who have registered their data in the form who have Ditto safaris. So you might hit them up.

My own question: Does anyone know what happens if you enter the recharge turn of a recharging attack, like Hyper Beam, while asleep? For example, if you RestTalk and land on Hyper Beam while sleeping?

Does the recharge turn also count against your sleep turns?

Quick damage calc question:

After having Stone Miss work its magic time and time again, I'm going to rework my Tyranitar.

I'm going off this set:

Adamant Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
- Crunch
- Stone Edge / Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Ice Fang
- Fire Blast / Fire Fang

My questions:

Is it better to use the respective Fire/Ice Fang moves over Fire Blast / Ice Beam? I know the SpA moves have a higher BP, but Adamant is a hindering SpA nature and T-Tar is a more physical hitter anyways. Is it worth the higher base BP to go for SpA moves?

Would Stone Miss or Pursuit be most useful in a 3V3 setting? I'm leaning towards Stone Miss, but I've only ever had it hit reliably on Minimize Chanseys, ironically. I'd run a fighting type move but I don't play PS! as much as I do Battle Spot. If I'm not running Superpower, should I just get rid of Fire Blast / Fire Fang and keep both Pursuit and Stone Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)