Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know if gardevoir (mega) can take out scizor in one hit? This is assuming that it survived bullet punch
It can never survive bullet punch in the first place.

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-372 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 338-402 (121.5 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: even with a 252 hp/252 def bold Gardevoir, Hidden Power won't OHKO, and Bullet Punch in return 2HKOs. You can only kill Scizor if you have 252/252+ def and hit him on the switch.

It can never survive bullet punch in the first place.

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-372 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 338-402 (121.5 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: even with a 252 hp/252 def bold Gardevoir, Hidden Power won't OHKO, and Bullet Punch in return 2HKOs. You can only kill Scizor if you have 252/252+ def and hit him on the switch.
what if it had 4 ev's invested to def. and reflect was up?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I feel like I should know this, but when does the suspect voting happen and when do any new bans go into effect?
Quoted from the suspect thread's OP:
This suspect test will end at 11:59:00 EST on Sunday, February 9, 2014, and we'll gather all the qualifiers for a vote sometime during the next week.
Additionally, you can ask any of the council's members through PM.

The bans will go into effect the moment they're announced banned.

Quoted from the suspect thread's OP:

Additionally, you can ask any of the council's members through PM.

The bans will go into effect the moment they're announced banned.
I know the test is over, I just wanted to know when the results will be announced. EDIT: nevermind it was in the post I just missed it.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
I know the test is over, I just wanted to know when the results will be announced.
I'm not sure if you read the text that's not bolded :p

and we'll gather all the qualifiers for a vote sometime during the next week.
I would assume the results would be announced after they've collected everyone's votes, which should be this week, and if not, then the next week after that. Luke (and hopefully the other 2) should be banned in 2 weeks tops.

I'm not sure if you read the text that's not bolded :p

I would assume the results would be announced after they've collected everyone's votes, which should be this week, and if not, then next week. Luke (and hopefully the other 2) should be banned in 2 weeks tops.
Ah okay sorry, I feel stupid for not seeing that the first time.

so pretty dumb question, but having a problem googling an answer.

When I mega evolve to I keep +/- stat increases? for example if I was intimidated.

Nice tool for all your damage calculation needs :)

Also
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gardevoir through Reflect: 153-180 (55.2 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You. Thank you for providing that Calculator, because there's no better way of shutting someone up about whether a Pokemon is bad or not then using Math against them, because you can't argue against the facts, and good lord does it feel good to shut them up about something with Math, so again I thank you for providing that calculator.

Edit: I plan on building a Mega Manectric with HP Ice, but what kinda IV Spread would be needed of HP Ice, and more importantly, is it possible to get HP Ice with a perfect Speed and Sp. Atk IV, and if it's not possible, will it make a notable difference? Sorry about this huge question, when it come to Hidden Powers I always get confused, so thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer my question.

Last edited:
Best MEVo Venasaur set? Preferably without any Hidden Power?

Also any good Chansey sets without Wish? For breeding purposes :]

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Best MEVo Venasaur set? Preferably without any Hidden Power?

Also any good Chansey sets without Wish? For breeding purposes :]
From the Analysis:

move 1: Synthesis
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Leech Seed / Earthquake
move 4: Giga Drain
ability: Chlorophyll (Thick Fat)
item: Venusaurite
evs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
nature: Bold / Relaxed

Sleep Powder is also a possiblity but the nerf to powder moves makes it a shacky choice.

Chansey@Eviolite
252 Def/252 SDef/4HP
Nature:Bold
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy/Heal Bell/Stealth Rock
-Toxic/Thunderwave
-Seismic Toss

That are pretty much all moves Chansey can run without Wish. if you need SR you should ditch cleric support although Chansey isn't the best SR setter so only use it whn you don't have another SR user or really need the move slot on other Pokemon. The choice between Toxic and T-Wave is always tricky and ultimatly boils down if you want to cripple offensive or defensive switch-ins, Toxic usually has the higher pay off since chansey got the bulk to outstall basically everthing without a set-up move if it just spams Softboiled but there are a lot Pokemon who don't care about it meanwhile T-Wave can cripple offensive Pokemon by cutting their speed so much that Chanseys defensve teammates can outspeed them. Seismic Toss is kinda mandatory since not being able to deal any real damage will turn chansey into even more of a sitting duck and its the only move that will deal any damage give Chanseys poor offenses.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
You. Thank you for providing that Calculator, because there's no better way of shutting someone up about whether a Pokemon is bad or not then using Math against them, because you can't argue against the facts, and good lord does it feel good to shut them up about something with Math, so again I thank you for providing that calculator.

Edit: I plan on building a Mega Manectric with HP Ice, but what kinda IV Spread would be needed of HP Ice, and more importantly, is it possible to get HP Ice with a perfect Speed and Sp. Atk IV, and if it's not possible, will it make a notable difference? Sorry about this huge question, when it come to Hidden Powers I always get confused, so thanks in advanced to anyone who can answer my question.
The best ivs spread to get Hidden power Ice on Mmanectric, if you want max speed and spatk, is maintaining 31 ivs in PS, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. 31 ivs on defense are less important because of intimidate, so you can go down to 30. Attack is obviously useless.

You can go on showdown right now and make a team to test it, they're not banned.
Huh.

That's odd. The XY hub's Tiers page lists Sand Veil and Frost Cloak under Evasion Clause. Might be either an outdated/incorrect page or a PS bug.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

What is the boost that Tough Claws gives? Serebii says 30% and Bulbapedia says 33% so I just want to clarify (even though the difference between the two is pretty negligible).

What would it take for Protean Greninja to take down a Dark Greninja with U-Turn (other than a crit)?
If you run a neutral Attack nature (Naive instead of Timid for example)...

0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 265-312 (92.6 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Any sort of residual damage whatsoever, including LO recoil, guarantees the 1HKO.

If you run a neutral Attack nature (Naive instead of Timid for example)...

0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 265-312 (92.6 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Any sort of residual damage whatsoever, including LO recoil, guarantees the 1HKO.
Thanks, I wasn't sure how to approach figuring that out. Mine usually gets them down to 30%ish with expert belt so I was curious how to close the gap if I decided to.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to approach figuring that out. Mine usually gets them down to 30%ish with expert belt so I was curious how to close the gap if I decided to.
Hmm.

From what I'm seeing:

You can still get a pretty solid chance of 1HKO after one layer of spikes or rocks or one tick of LO recoil if you're using Expert Belt and Naive.

Here, try playing with this. http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ Big fun.

To get into 1HKO range with Expert Belt without hazard/LO damage you're probably going to have to get some attack EVs going on, I'm afraid.

Also, I should probably point out that scoring KOs with U-Turn is actually something you DON'T want to do in general. If you KO on U-Turn, you switch first, and your opponent is allowed to react to whatever you switch in, a really nasty chance to lose some momentum or give something a turn to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)