Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange as it sounds, I am looking for a set for raikou, that he can use in ou, that's not horribly outclased by another special sweeper?

Last edited:
There isn't really one, if there were then Raikou wouldn't be UU. But nothing has really changed for it from last gen, so you can just use one of the BW2 OU sets:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/raikou/ou

hmm
There isn't really one, if there were then Raikou wouldn't be UU. But nothing has really changed for it from last gen, so you can just use one of the BW2 OU sets:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/raikou/ou
I guess it was too much to hope :/, i'll see if i can figure a way to take advantage of raikou''s better defences and lack of sr weakness, probably a sub calm mind set.

"Wouldn't be UU"
lol yeah just like Deo-D and Keldeo are UU by usage, as well as Terrakion, I believe?
Nah. Usage arguments are horse shit, no pun intended.

Anyway, it is actually getting an OU analysis. It's not done yet, but it could merit a look.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/raikou.3499850/
sweet, i did look for an alayis, but that was before this thread was created, thanks for that, i doubt i should have searched again for it anytime soon lol XD. Your right about usage, alot of this gens useage so far removed from actual viability it's sickening.

sweet, i did look for an alayis, but that was before this thread was created, thanks for that, i doubt i should have searched again for it anytime soon lol XD. Your right about usage, alot of this gens useage so far removed from actual viability it's sickening.
If you still want a faster answer, I've used Raikou extensively.

Anyone who tells you that you need one of his event moves is wrong. That actually ruins his niche, being faster than both Thundurus formes while being poweful enough to get stuff done. Also only weak to Ground. The two sets I find most useful are probably A: CM and B: Expert Belt.
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball / Extrasensory

Last spot is basically preferred coverage if you need to check something that otherwise threatens your team.

I'm looking to use an Umbreon this Gen

Umbreon @Lefts (I give up, it kept linking to users)
Careful/Calm nature
Synchronize
252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 4 Def
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-???

I am stuck as to finding a fourth move. I'm thinking an attacking move so it isn't complete Taunt bait. Foul Play is not an option because I will be breeding in Gen VI.

I'm looking to use an Umbreon this Gen

Umbreon @Lefts (I give up, it kept linking to users)
Careful/Calm nature
Synchronize
252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 4 Def
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-???

I am stuck as to finding a fourth move. I'm thinking an attacking move so it isn't complete Taunt bait. Foul Play is not an option because I will be breeding in Gen VI.
Heal Bell for synchrobell. It can absorb a toxic, sync it to the sender who probably won't like it, and then you can get rid of it with heal bell. Or you could go foul play, or heal bell and replace one of the others with foul play. Umbreon tends to take a defensive pivot type role, so it might not need toxic itself especially when it's synchronizing an opposing wall's toxic back to them.

I got a Hidden ability Eevee from wonder trade lvl one, is modest and planned to evolve into Glaceon.

Which set is best for Glaceon?
Well you could try a choice set and spam blizzards wih support from mega abomansow, glacon is pretty under whelming otherwise, not that the ice head eeveelution was great to begin with

Choice Specs
modest
252 SAtt/4 SDef/252 speed
-Ice beam
-Hidden Power ground/fire
-Signal Beam
-Blizzard

@abomsite
Quiet
200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpA
-Blizzard
-Wood Hammer/ Giga Drain
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake

Last edited:
Well you could try a choice set and spam blizzards wih support from mega abomansow, glacon is pretty under whelming otherwise, not that the ice head eeveelution was great to begin with

Choice Specs
modest
252 SAtt/4 SDef/252 speed
-Ice beam
-Hidden Power ground/fire
-Signal Beam
-Blizzard

@abomsite
Quiet
200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpA
-Blizzard
-Wood Hammer/ Giga Drain
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
Thats a good choice. but I dont have Black 2 anymore so I might replace signal beam with Shadow ball, HP ground is better choice than HP fire to cover against steels and fire type pokemon. I will get myself abomasnow you mentioned and do that. Will get heatran from a friend or a viable fire type for UU for coverage

Ok, so, this is my first time posting on smogon in a while and I have some quick questions. After reading about the Leppa + Recycle ban made me ask, what other kinds of "silly" bans have they made (also counting combo bans such as Alderon's from last gen under this). What are some general "cookie cutter" teams at this time? (Like, not even specific pokemon, but just general pokemon like; trapper, hazzard setter, fairy, ghost, defog user, revenger, sweeper, etc). Is stall viable or is it mostly (Hyper) Offense? Since fairies are a thing is 4drag2mag no longer a team or are the magnazone and eveo ton being steel types good enough? How hard is it for stall (or even hyper offense) to keep up hazards up with the defog buff? Anyway, those were just a few questions I had after taking a break from gen 5 and not keeping up with gen 6

I've just caught a shiny Sunkern, which is awesome as Sunflora is one of my favourite pokemon, even if he's awful in OU. Unfortunately, it's an Impish Nature, has Early Bird, and some strange IVs: 0/x/31/31/31/x. Any ideas what I could run on him to make him sort of useful? I know he's not going to be used competitively any time soon, but I'd like to use him against friends and have him do something other than die.

Elegy96 Sunflora is one of the worst overall pokemon in the game so its neither be viable, it has good abilities but its stats are not good enough. Try using Pokes like Mega Venusaur or no mega. Or if you want to go offensive, use breloom

Elegy96 Sunflora is one of the worst overall pokemon in the game so its neither be viable, it has good abilities but its stats are not good enough. Try using Pokes like Mega Venusaur or no mega. Or if you want to go offensive, use breloom
I know he's atrocious - I'm just interested in using him for fun, and want to make the most of the Shiny one I already have. I already run Mega Vena on my serious team :p

What would be a good Genesect check / counter?
Obviously this depends on physical / special variant but people often lead with it so there is no way to tell.
(Or if it gets banned then I don't need to worry about it anymore lol)

Obviously this depends on physical / special variant but people often lead with it so there is no way to tell.
I'm 99% sure it's going to get banned. But Heatran can handle almost all Genesect variants, so there's that.

Rotom-H resists all of Genesect's common moves except ExtremeSpeed, and it immediately threatens with Overheat. Or it can utilize its slower Volt Switch to give you the switch advantage.

But yeah, it'll probs be banned soon.

Is it interesting to have 2 mega Pokemons in your team ? I know you can only mega evolve one, but depending on the match up you can decide which one is better to mega evolve ... Of course, you lose an item and a pseudo answer to all Trick / Switcheroo / Knock off

Could someone give me some general advice regarding Trevenant?

I'm currently torn between using him as a reliable status absorber with Natural Cure and Rest, or going with a more versatile Harvest variant and berries.
Harvest seems more popular in general, but to my amateur eye Natural Cure seems like it might be more consistent and straightforward without having to worry quite as much about Knock Offs, Taunts or Harvest failing you.
Does anyone have any strong opinions or suggestions on how to play Trevenant to greatest overall success?

Thanks very much for your time!

Why is Overheat ran over Flamethrower on Manectric?

I get that it's a hit and run Pokemon in many instances, but the special attack drop feels too inviting for tanking the now weak and predictable Volt Switch.

Why is Overheat ran over Flamethrower on Manectric?

I get that it's a hit and run Pokemon in many instances, but the special attack drop feels too inviting for tanking the now weak and predictable Volt Switch.
Overheat OHKOs all Ferrothorn and all variants of Excadrill except Assault Vest. Flamethrower doesn't. One of Manectric's main advantages over other electrics is that he can handle these mons without being forced to faff about with Focus miss, so Overheat should generally be your move of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)