Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting back into battling and would like a partner of sorts to build an OU team with. I don't mind how experienced you are as long as you have basic knowledge of the OU metagame.

Also, I know Pokebank has a filter, but how good is it? If I were to trade over a Pokemon which has an ability it shouldn't, would that work, for instance? If I traded over a legit 3rd Gen shiny Mew or Celebi, would the filter block that?

I'm getting back into battling and would like a partner of sorts to build an OU team with. I don't mind how experienced you are as long as you have basic knowledge of the OU metagame.

Also, I know Pokebank has a filter, but how good is it? If I were to trade over a Pokemon which has an ability it shouldn't, would that work, for instance? If I traded over a legit 3rd Gen shiny Mew or Celebi, would the filter block that?
The pokebank only blocks non-legit pokemon. It doesn't filter pokemon that look legit but aren't

Why is talonflame called smogon burd? lul
/vp/oreons coined the term iirc. Basically, it's because Talonflame is used a lot on OU teams - it's like #2 or #3 in usage, right? Therefore, it's somewhat of a derogatory term because "scrubs" tend to scrape together OU 'mons and just smack stuff around with them without any creativity involved, thus not having actual "skill" or knowledge enough of the game to be interesting with their team choices.

They have other terms for popular 'mons as well, like Smogon Sword [Aegislash], Smogon Wash [Rotom-Wash], Smogon Furry II: Electric Boogaloo [MegaLuke], EdgyZard [Charizard X], EdgyDoge [Mega Absol], and others.

Is it actually possible to get HA pokemon in the Apricorn balls?
I don't think it is, but I've not slept for 48 hours, so I could well have overlooked something...

Is it actually possible to get HA pokemon in the Apricorn balls?
I don't think it is, but I've not slept for 48 hours, so I could well have overlooked something...
No. Apricorn balls are limited to HG/SS. HAs weren't available until Gen 5. Both ball type and HA can only be passed down by a female of the species.

(Yes, you can pass HAs from a male via Ditto now, but you can't do the same with ball type.)

If something with Infiltrator uses Trick/Switcheroo on a target behind a Substitute, will it still block the Trick/Switcheroo?

Since I'm not too technical on this forum, how do you make the sub-header below each of your comments? (i.e. Salt the Flesh's favorite Pokemon section above me)

Is a pokemon's stats (and more to the point, shininess) set when the daycare man decides he has an egg, or when you accept the egg from him?

Since I'm not too technical on this forum, how do you make the sub-header below each of your comments? (i.e. Salt the Flesh's favorite Pokemon section above me)
That's called a signature. You can edit it by clicking your username and then "signature" at the top of the page.

Does Leech Seed get the "draining boost" provided by Big Root?
It does, however, you would always be better off with Leftovers, which heals more HP.

If something with Infiltrator uses Trick/Switcheroo on a target behind a Substitute, will it still block the Trick/Switcheroo?
I don't believe so. So far as I'm aware an Infiltrator gets to basically ignore your opponent's sub completely.

(Helpful brotip: All moves tagged as sound-based also ignore subs, too, as of Gen 6. This handily means you can use moves like Perish Song, Hyper Voice, or Bug Buzz through a substitute as well, Infiltrator or not.)

Are the non-mega evolved forms of pokemon still allowed in the lower tiers they might've been in last gen even even if their megas are in a much higher tier? For instance, will Kangashkan and Charizard still be allowed in NU, Manectric still be allowed in RU, etc ....

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Are the non-mega evolved forms of pokemon still allowed in the lower tiers they might've been in last gen even even if their megas are in a much higher tier? For instance, will Kangashkan and Charizard still be allowed in NU, Manectric still be allowed in RU, etc ....
The Ubers tier is a banlist for OU, not based on usage, so Kangaskhan itself is not an Uber Pokemon and likely will end up NU/RU this gen. OU/UU, however, are primarily based on usage. So Charizard is considered an OU pokemon, and Manectric is considered a UU Pokemon, with or without their mega stones.

Is there a tool that can tell me all the Pokemon my Dragonite will/won't outspeed with 80 Speed EV's?
I don't know, I don't think there is, but with 80 Speed EVs, Dragonite hits 216 Speed with a neutral nature and 237 with a boosting nature. This means that fully invested neutral nature base 59s outspeed him if he has a neutral nature, as do positive natured fully invested base 49s. If he has a boosting nature, however, it takes a fully invested neutral natured base 69 to outspeed or a fully invested boosting natured base 59. 31 Speed IVs have been assumed for all parties.

I don't know, I don't think there is, but with 80 Speed EVs, Dragonite hits 216 Speed with a neutral nature and 237 with a boosting nature. This means that fully invested neutral nature base 59s outspeed him if he has a neutral nature, as do positive natured fully invested base 49s. If he has a boosting nature, however, it takes a fully invested neutral natured base 69 to outspeed or a fully invested boosting natured base 59. 31 Speed IVs have been assumed for all parties.
So, with 80 Speed EV's, 31 IV's, & Adamant nature, who would he outspeed? Any Pokemon with a speed of 216?

Edit: Found this that sort of does what I want it to do, but only goes to Gen 5.
http://www.pokemon-tools.com/bw/en/calc_speed/

Edit2:
Looks like I'd get outsped by these Pokemon with neutral natures that are relevant to OU competitive play:
Rotom forms
Landorus
Thundurus
Volcarona
Venusaur
Tyranitar
Gengar
Houndoom
Charizard
Scizor
Hydreigon
Excadrill
Zapdos
Celebi
Salamence
Infernape
Galvantula
Latios
Latias
Togekiss
Gyarados
Alakazam

Last edited:
What restraints are there on Chansey/Blissey with the move Wish? From what I can tell from a Google search, they were given out as eggs from an event in Gen III in limited quantity, so the details are kind of hazy. The two main things that I can't seem to find about it are:

A: How is it possible to have one with other moves that are only obtainable through breeding, specifically Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy?
B: Is it actually possible to have one with perfect IV's and any nature? I saw a few things saying that it might not be, but no evidence either way.

I ask because I'm thinking of using a cleric Chansey with Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss/Aromatherapy, which I think would be currently allowed on simulators, but even if it is I don't want to use something that is actually physically impossible.

What restraints are there on Chansey/Blissey with the move Wish? From what I can tell from a Google search, they were given out as eggs from an event in Gen III in limited quantity, so the details are kind of hazy. The two main things that I can't seem to find about it are:

A: How is it possible to have one with other moves that are only obtainable through breeding, specifically Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy?
B: Is it actually possible to have one with perfect IV's and any nature? I saw a few things saying that it might not be, but no evidence either way.

I ask because I'm thinking of using a cleric Chansey with Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss/Aromatherapy, which I think would be currently allowed on simulators, but even if it is I don't want to use something that is actually physically impossible.
A: Aromatherapy is indeed illegal with Wish, however, Wish is legal with Heal Bell, which is functionally the same thing. Seismic Toss is also available as a tutor move from Generation III. Heal Bell is available through BW2 / HGSS tutors. So basically, in order to get this moveset in game, you'd need a Wish Chansey / Blissey that's either currently in a Generation III game or already has the tutor moves required.

B. Doubtfully. Only a limited number of Wish Chansey or Blissey exist, so the odds that any of them have perfect IVs are low. However, this is still perfectly legal on simulators (not with Aromatherapy, but with Heal Bell).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)