Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is a simple question or not, but since an admin told me to take a look at this topic i'll post it here.
Anyways, i'm kinda new to OU competitive play, and recently i've tried to build a team based on weather (Sunny Day), where i have 3 fire type pokemons, Ninetales with Drought+Heat rock so i can always have a boost for the other 2 fire types, which are 1 physical sweeper (Charizard X) and 1 special sweeper (Mega Houndoom), not sure if having 2 megas in a team is a good decision but i didn't exactly know that you could only have 1 mega on your team.
Next one on my team is a Gliscor, with a moveset stall like, Stealth Rock, Roost, Toxic and Toxic Orb + Poison Heal, i find this one pretty good, because he won me a hell lot of games just by stalling.
Also got Avalugg as a tank, and a ludicolo as a drainer/special attack.
This might be a silly team, i don't know, that's why i'm here to ask advices from you guys, what should i do to improve this team?

Also pointing out that i have a lot of problems with fairy types, mainly Clefable with that Softboiled, Calm mind, Toxic stall, i can't really do much because i don't have any poison/steel types to kill it.
Also another problem that i have is battling against a Wash-Rotom, can't really do much cause it will probably outspeed my Houndoom and just sweep him.

Here's my pokemon team with the stats/moves:

Ninetales (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Avalugg (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Houndoom (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
Welcome to OU! The best place to get feedback on your team would probably be here. That links to the OU sub forums of the Rate My Team section. I recommend reposting what you've written there, however you will need to add a little bit more detail about each Pokemon. There's a little guide to help your make a good RMT here. Once you've read that and added some more information, you should get a few raters to come along and give you some advice. By the way, nice team. :D

What is the best set for a Adamant Dragonite? I have a Jolly Dratini but I changed my mind and will go for an Adamant one. I do have the 3 eggmoves; Dragon dance, Iron tail and extreme speed.

Is yawn banned in OU. Or can you only put one pokemon to sleep before you are not allowed to use it anymore?
Yawn is not banned from any tier. Sleep Clause states that you may put only one of your opponent's Pokemon asleep at a time. This means that you can use Yawn as often as you like but Sleep Clause will come into effect (on the simulator) if you already put a Pokemon to sleep. Once the asleep Pokemon is killed, you can put another to sleep. Sleep Clause does not include Rest, so there can hypothetically be multiple Pokemon of your opponent's that are asleep. In other words, for Sleep Clause to activate, their status must be induced by you.

Yawn is not banned from any tier. Sleep Clause states that you may put only one of your opponent's Pokemon asleep at a time. This means that you can use Yawn as often as you like but Sleep Clause will come into effect (on the simulator) if you already put a Pokemon to sleep. Once the asleep Pokemon is killed, you can put another to sleep. Sleep Clause does not include Rest, so there can hypothetically be multiple Pokemon of your opponent's that are asleep. In other words, for Sleep Clause to activate, their status must be induced by you.
So because it is up to them to keep there pokemon in after I use yawn. Im allowed to use it as much as I want, Without breaking the sleep rule?

So because it is up to them to keep there pokemon in after I use yawn. Im allowed to use it as much as I want, Without breaking the sleep rule?
You can spam Yawn as much as you want until they don't switch out and allow a Pokemon to fall asleep. After that happens, all their Pokemon are immune to sleep induced by you, but they can still Rest.

How does Slowbro counter Char X? I tried and it failed miserably, here is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141433441.
I missed the toxic but even if I didn't miss I would still be KOed
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 193-228 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO (I use Rocky Helmet on my Slowbro, maybe is that what I'm doing wrong?)

Last edited:
If you had leftovers, the 2HKO would be near-impossible.

Still not a great check though, as one crit can spell disaster.

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 175-207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Not the best idea to check ZardX this way. Adamant ZardX gets the guaranteed 2HKO after Rocks

I gave up on Slowbro, now I'm using Hippo. It checks Char X much better, after SR/ Flare Bllitz recoil is garanted OHKO
Thx for the replies!

How does Slowbro counter Char X? I tried and it failed miserably, here is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-141433441.
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 193-228 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO (I use Rocky Helmet on my Slowbro, maybe is that what I'm doing wrong?)
Well basically Slowbro could Thunder Wave it effectively stopping it's sweep, however you didn't have Thunder Wave I think so that could be it. Leftovers would also help over Rocky Helmet.

Does anyone know of a good pre-made team in the current meta that people are allowed to use? I haven't played the meta in monthes, and don't have the knowledge to create a decent team right now. I want to use one of the higher ladder teams in the RMT thread, but I don't want to piss people off by copying their team without permission.

First give Slowbro lefties because walls need to be as healthy as possible. Also switch toxic with twave. Its better in most cases on Slowbro since ground types are handled by Scald. In your situation if you had twaved you could've switched out to Gliscor and Eqed to kill. If Slowbro doesn't work out there's always Quagsire which counters all non outrage charizard X and outrage is not a common move on Zard.

I have bred 2 Cleffa, both Bold, both with Wish/Aroma. 1 has Magic Guard 1 has Unaware.

I have read the Clefable thread over and over.. but I cannot, for the life of me, decide on which to use. Both have incredible pros.

Which do I go for? Which handles more?

Just to get some idea of which might be better.. my team atm is ; Donphan/Alakazam/Heracross/Greninja/Clefable/Venusaur

Guys is good this set of my Bishar:nature: Adamant,items:Black glasses.Set:Iron head,Sucker Punch,Knock off and sword dance.Please help me!
You've got a pretty decent set, but the one below is simply more efficient.

Bisharp @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Iron Head
- Protect

Black Glasses are basically useless on Bisharp simply because that means you can only run Dark type moves on him, and Iron Head is pretty necassary. You really need him to be a Jolly nature ( Spe+, SpA- ) with max investment in speed. The Life Orb gives him more sweeping capability, with a 1.3x boost instead of 1.2. If you prefer, you can also run Bisharp with a Lum Berry. This surprisingly allows Bisharp to get in easier against bulkier Pokemon who love to spread burns around such as Jellicent and Trevenant. Lum Berry is also unexpected, basically giving you a free turn every match. Protect is extremely helpful, and allows you to scan your opponent's every move. This lets you pull off a Sucker Punch easier.

What is the best set for a Adamant Dragonite? I have a Jolly Dratini but I changed my mind and will go for an Adamant one. I do have the 3 eggmoves; Dragon dance, Iron tail and extreme speed.
Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast / Iron Head
- Extreme Speed

This seems to be the most efficient set on Dragonite this generation. The goal is to get hit by a super effective attack, which is reduced by half because of Multiscale. During any free turns you get ( which is quite a lot) you can easily set up a Dragon Dance. Usually, you can get that up the same turn as the weakness policy is activated. Dragon Claw can be switched for Outrage if you find that Dragonite doesn't need to be as versatile between moves. Filling the third spot, you can either use Fire Blast to break physical walls such as Ferrothorn or Skarmory, or have Iron Head in there for coverage against threats such as Azumarill and Clefable.

I highly recommend having a Defog / Rapid Spinner on your team with this guy. Rocks will break his Multiscale ability, basically rendering the Weakness Policy useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)