Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean regular heracross, its perfectly viable. You can run a few different sets, but a Toxic Orb Swords Dance set is probably the best as it demolishes defensive builds.
Why Toxic Orb in particular? Guts negates the Burn drop, and you last longer with burn damage than toxic damage.

It's all up to preference, but Toxic takes less damage in 2 turns than burn, so if you're playing hit-and-run, it's a better way to go
Ah, I see. Swords Dance threw me off since that would imply wanting to stay in and abuse the boost against more than one defensive threat

If I was to use HP fire on a max speed mega sceptile, what pokemon besides 31 iv max speed mega sceptile wouldn't mine be able to out speed?

If I was to use HP fire on a max speed mega sceptile, what pokemon besides 31 iv max speed mega sceptile wouldn't mine be able to out speed?
You will lose the posibility of a speed tie with max speed mega bedrill also mega alakazam and mega aerodactyl are faster than mega sceptile but they will be faster even with 31 ivs

Base 150 Speed mons, such as Timid Mega Alakazam, Jolly Mega Beedrill and Jolly Mega Aerodactyl would outspeed a Mega Sceptile running Timid + HP Fire.

I'm having a tough time deciding on a moveset for mega sceptile. Is a physical attacking one viable at all? or is it better to stick with special?

Thank you for that. One more question. Is energy ball an optimal choice instead of leaf storm? Or is leaf storm an absolute must in your opinion?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Giga Drain>energy ball tbh, the recovery is great and 15 bp difference isn't huge. I would use leafstorm/gigadrain/d-pulse/eq.

e: derp

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Giga Drain>energy ball tbh, the recovery is great and 5 bp difference isn't huge. I would use leafstorm/gigadrain/d-pulse/eq.
I disagree. Dual grass stab is a very poor choice considering how many common resists there are in the tier. Giga Drain should be used on the sub 3 attacks set (giga dpulse focus blast) while the all out Attacker set is best with leaf storm / dpulse / hp fire / EQ and focus blast or even protect can work in either of those slots.

Energy Ball can be useful over Leaf Storm on an all-out attacker set if you find balanced teams playing the ever so fun "playing around it" game. It's pretty frustrating the use Leaf Storm on Slowbro only for them to switch to Ferro, and then you become much easier to check at -2.

I was going to use protect on my set to get the free speed increase when mega scep isn't my lead.

The reason I am hesitant on leaf storm is because of the slim chance of missing, and the huge special attack drop. I ran calcs and saw that energy ball is a guaranteed OHKO against slowbro and megabro :/

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I was going to use protect on my set to get the free speed increase when mega scep isn't my lead.

The reason I am hesitant on leaf storm is because of the slim chance of missing, and the huge special attack drop. I ran calcs and saw that energy ball is a guaranteed OHKO against slowbro and megabro :/
Energy Ball is fine, Leaf Storm is primarily used for Revenge Killing and breaking down fatter mons a bit more easily that Giga and Energy Ball wouldn't be able to finish off. Your call really.

I was wondering, is specially defensive ferrothorn any viable in OU or is it completely outclassed by specially defensive celebi?
Specially Defensive Ferrothorn is certainly viable, but it's not outclassed by Celebi, because it gets SR and Spikes.
It's best to go with more of a mixed wall approach with an EV spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef with either a +Def nature or +SDef nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)