origin of usernames

My username kind of has a lame history.
Back in 4th gen I was trolling shoddy on the server "Gary Oak's battle frontier." They decided to allow wynaut in the "NFE" tier there. I was shocked and lurked smogon to find why it was banned in OU in the first place. I found hilarious posts showing that the reason wynaut was banned in OU was because of the wynaut set with a scarf could outspeed skarmory and slow walls. I cited these posts as proof that wynaut should not be allowed in NFE. I was ignored for the most part, but as a joke I used it because I was known as "the guy who bitched about scarfwynaut." I started to use it on Transformice and it stuck...

I just kind of made it up. I was in middle school, and used my one name change in the first few weeks or so.

Wish I kept it, I would change it to dropkick242...

I was struggling too come up with a nickname once i got A game (goldeneye 007) I played a few matches online under the name "007" once I saw my first 100 007's in like 3 matches i decided I needed to change it and used my Real life name. After I saw another 100 of them I decided i needed a new name.

After several hours of painfully using my brain cell too think of a name I decided too go for lunch, For the past 3 years I have eaten nothing but bacon sandwhiches for lunch and that day was no exception as I was munching away and thought BACON! and had a starting point.
Then after playing I decided that I always got the most kills and deaths in a match and was basically just charging blindly into crowds of people shooting them often killling 2 of them before being shot and charging the boatroom/green hallway with a sigmus only too die about 100 times from it. My bro described my playstyle as 'Crazy' so I put the 2 together and bingo! Crazy Bacon. Nowadays I often name my character either 'Bacon' or 'CrazyBacon' sometimes I may call myself 'QualiT' (which is my gamefaqs name, but that name originates wayyy to the days when I used to visit serebii.net chat) Sorry for the long read.

I've had this nickname as long as I can remember (being named Zach [Zachary]) but I only realized that I loved this nickname within the past year or two so now I use it everywhere

+

=

mixmaster.mewtwo

And then some mod decided to change my name to mixmaster.mewthree because I said that I don't like odd numbers. :nerd:

So I decided ok I finna evolve ain't nobody seen mewthree before.

I couldn't think of anything, and "Smaug" was as close to Smogon as I was going to get

Also dragons are awesome

I have been considering a name change though...

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
macle comes from a mispronunciation of my last name. People started calling me macle in middle school and high school so it kinda stuck. True fact, I never knew how to spell macle so i could have been macel, mackle, or macul.

apparently macle is a name for a twin crystal. Pronounced the same way too.

feathers is the name of my oldest and only character, who you can see on my art thread. people who meet me IRL off the interwebs often just call me that instead of my real name, which is longer than feathers so i guess it's kind of a nickname

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fam called me Joey Boy a lot when I was younger.

Boo Hiss boring story.

I get more and more respect for Glen everyday I swear.

My name is Emir and i like to play and watch soccer a lot. So at that time in 2010 ronaldinho(if you know who he is) was a great player and at that time my favorite. So i added inho to my name. emir + inho= emirinho :D
I didn't want to write the capital E because emirinho looks better than Emirinho.

Based on one o' my Smash Bros. mains, Marth. Random L stuck in there because reasons. I chose A as the lowercase to redirect attention from the L. No knowledge of GLaDOS when I made the name, but GLaDOS is still freakin' awesome.

Fun fact: months after making my name, I realized it stood for "Mah Lazors R Firin'." 0k n0t really.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My name comes from a common kitchen utensil which is used for pulling corks from bottles. They consist of a spiral metal rod which is inserted into the cork and a handle which extracts it.
For anyone who wants more details, here is a wikipedia page on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corkscrew

It just popped into my head. Random nouns are the way to go.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My original username was Nailincoffin because I thought it was a cool phrase and the username had a 12 character limit. I picked up nails as a nickname and I like it so I've continued using it. NailsOU was because someone had taken nails and it was the first thing that came to mind to put on the end of my username. After a while I realized that the OU tacked onto the end was horrible so I got phil to delete the account that had been inactive for ~2 years right after he got adminned. Every other admin I asked wouldn't do it for me xD fu mekkah

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
13, liked wrestling, joined IGN Smackdown boards, obligatory wrestling username. Don't like wrestling now. Wish I had the 22 at the end of my name still, cause 22 is for the strong, but mods were bullies and so i took it off.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Made it maybe 6 years ago. Im a college basketball fan and at that time, Villanova with Allan Ray was one of the top teams. Villanova is usually nicknamed Nova so I took that and combined Ray to it

One of my friends is into baseball and I needed a new nickname so he would just call me dtrain (Daniel is my first name) a nickname of an actual baseball player. Of course I'm the original dtrain on this site compared to all the other fakes who have since joined Smogon :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)