origin of usernames

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This, basically, without the castle, and basically because I needed a name for my WoW character when I first started XD

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Well, DH comes from my initials and R-107 comes form the character in TimeSplitters 2 :| (Hence the Avatar)

I think his back story of being a crazy guy thinking he's come from the future (and is a robot) to rescue us is just hilarious. I even coslayed as him at a Halloween party! haha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangram

'Man' flowed smoothly afterwards.
you did the bbcode backwards?????

My best friend of twelve years has flaming red hair, that, at one point, went down to his chest. I was but twelve years old when introduced to someone who had, at the time, a penchant for distributing Disney-related nicknames. Who else to name the short, wimpy kid with flowing red hair after than the Little Mermaid herself, Ariel? Logically, then, Ariel's naive, innocent companion would be Flounder. I swore the name wouldn't stick, and yet, here I am, nearly six years later. I even know several people who couldn't tell you my actual name, and others who legitimately believe my parents named their firstborn son after a fish. Regardless, what makes a better handle than what you're already known as? Saves me the trouble of coming up with a username.

Having been introduced to dozens of people over the years as "flounder," though, my friends and I have thought up a handful of alternate explanations for where the name comes from - most popular is an alarmingly wide-believed tale about how i was born with my eyes on the side of my head.

My username is a nickname my friend gave me a short while ago, simply becuase it sounded cool. I've been using that name ever since.

hi eon spirit, is TCoD still the closed-minded liberal group masturbation session I remember?

In what way, I hardly venture beyond the RP, Gaming, and Entertainment threads, I have no need for deep discussions about crap I have no fucks to give about.

And yeah, I remember you, this is what, the third or fourth forum we've shared now?

At first, my username was only Kishimoto. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't take the name from the creator of Naruto, but from a minor character in Hikaru No Go. The 'Captain' part was added when I was trying to get my friends to join this tournament (DotA if anyone cares), and they said I had to be captain since they didn't want any of the responsibilities. So whilst finishing up on the registration, I re-read everything to make sure it was okay. At that point when I read "Captain: Kishimoto" I thought it had a nice ring to it, so I started using it from then on.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Good thread idea.
Smogon was (and still is) the only forum I had really joined when I signed up for smogon. I hadn't really lurked in the forums section (mistake), so I had no precedent or pre-existing thought on usernames. So I decided to go with Emerald, what I choose to call the protagonist of Pokemon Emerald (the names based on game title were way better imo). The only problem was that the name Emerald was already registered on shoddy, and I wanted my usernames to match, so Emerald became 3merald. After a little while, the 1337 really started bugging me, so I wanted to switch again. I figured if I was Emerald from the game I had beaten, that made me King Emerald right? King Emerald stuck for a while, but I did some stupid things here (compared to some stuff that happens here, not that stupid, but I'm a perfectionist and can't stand messing up) and when I came back after a few months of hiatus, I wanted to show the change. On irc, my nick was KingE, and there was a brief conversation about me being the 'upgrade' of Mr. E, and also an inquiry about Ace E. So I figured I should level up from King to Ace, and I'm pretty happy with it. Not that it matters, cause I'm out of name changes.

Pre obvious but some might not have realized that the moon part is (partially) Earthbound inspired also. Moonside is my favorite area in Earthboud, there's something appealing about how ass-backwards it is.

I used to go to some other forums which is now closed and people called me "light" because they didn't want to spell out lightning so I stuck with light. A person there who I respected had a 911 in their name, so I just stuck it in with light because just light is probably taken and seems dull in general. I capitalized the L to look better, and the T too, because it just in general made it look better! Thus, LighTz911 was made.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
iirc, back in like '04 or so, I played AdventureQuest. I joined the battleon forums, and using the alias "AcklowofJadestone" (such a nub, and such an idiot, not having anything better to do). When I came across Shoddy and Smogon, I shortened it to Acklow. Thus, Acklow has been my username ever since.

The name Acklow itself actually comes from my search for a nice sounding nickname that was unique and unused (which this came straight out of my imaginative brain).

Currently my name is Master Win because.... I was completely stumped on what to call myself, so I went with something generic. But I'm thinking of changing my name to Furosuto.

Why? Because Furosuto means frost. I love the cold, I live in Canada, and the name sounds cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)