Other Metas replay archive

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Approved by Eevee General
Welcome to the replay archive for Other Metagames! Here you are able to post replays of the various OMs we have available on Pokémon Showdown!
(initial idea by Lucina09)

What kinds of replays should be posted here?
(stolen from the NU replay archive)
  • Battles which display a particular playstyle really well.
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder (if ladder battling).
  • Battles which show (good) new and creative sets.
What kinds of replays should NOT be posted here?
  • Battles in which the outcome was determined entirely by hax.
  • Battles which contain laughable sets (post those in the Silly Things You've Seen On Other Metagames thread)
  • Battles of any format that is not listed in the Rules section below.
Rules
  • Only replays of the following formats will be accepted: Balanced Hackmons, Monotype, Tier Shift, Inverse Battle, Almost Any Ability, and STABmons. If you have a replay of a different OM, please do not post it here.
  • Posts should clearly label what format the battle is, preferably in bold.
  • There should be a short description of the battle briefly explaining why you are posting it here and what makes it significant. This should not be a turn-by-turn analysis, but mentioning specific turns or any particular moves or plays that you think are important is perfectly fine.

Monotype
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-189434952

In this battle I tried out a unique set for Mega Lopunny that A Hunk came up with. It's a very effective anti-lead set and it can also sweep the opponent or act as a wallbreaker once it sets up. Here's the set:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Power-Up Punch
- Last Resort/Return

Assuming the opponent has a dedicated lead that sets up status moves (Shuckle is a good example) you can send in Lopunny first and set up a Substitute as the opponent uses Stealth Rock or tries to status you with Toxic, etc. Then you use Encore to lock them into using that move. Next, Lopunny uses Power-Up Punch to increase its attack. It can continue doing this to get more and more power as long as you see fit to do so. Finally, because you have used the other 3 moves, Last Resort is now available to use and it will plough right through a ton of things. Even if it's resisted, it will do a lot of damage.
In this particular battle, I got lucky that my opponent was using a non-attacking variation of Azumarill. If it was a Belly Drum or a Choice Band set, Mega Lopunny wouldn't have been able to do much.

Our hope is that you find this thread to be a valuable resource for new sets or learning new metagames that you haven't tried before. Have fun posting!

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
EDIT: Changing to format in OP

Monotype

This is a game from one of our official tours that go towards the Monotype Monthly Championship, and exmeplifies why so many people join these tours, great battles. While this might be a relic of XY, it's a great game between me and scpinion, Ground vs Psychic in a game that swung to and fro and eventually ended up with a relly dramatic endgame. I'm describing it really badly here, but watch the battle and you'll see what I mean.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-154524667

Monotype

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-135471962

This is honestly one of my favorite replays. It was against me & a guy named lotg (aka Overseer). What made this replay so memorable to me is because I won against a seasoned Steel player with a Grass Mono (w/o Skymin.) It starts with a couple of volt turns, and ends w/ Sceptile cleaning up.

Here's the Sceptile set if you're curious:

Sceptile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

It requires a lot of support, forcing you to run something like Shiftry for Defog, but it works really well against weakened teams without priority, namely Fire, Flying, Grass, and Bug. Set up a Swords Dance while you're brought down to you sash. The rest is obvious, just sweep with Unburden. Adamant lets you outspeed stuff like Scarf Skymin which is nice.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This replay is my favorite replay of all and my favorite i battled in. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/classichackmons-158710991
Classic Hackmons
In this stall battle, you will see an almost whole team of Darmanitans as i was Dat Troller and then the opponent which was also a really good hackmons player had a team of 2 offense and 4 defense. The battle was 148 turns yet, a surprising result goes out to the Team of 5 Darmanitans. The last Pokemon is supposed to be surprising to opponents that think it's a full Darmanitan team. It is also the base offense that does not require stat boost. As the battle moves on you see that i fought 3 people as 2 wanted to forfeit(I wanted the battle to keep going as you see). during the middle of As you must know, this was actually the most successful my almost all Darmanitan team has ever been. I'll even show here one of the Darmanitans I had.
I just don't know why I did this but the names of the Darmanitans barely represent a song.
Also as a known fact, that battle had more spectators then almost any other battle I played. (If it's not more than any other battle I played).

AYYYO AYO AYO (Darmanitan-Zen) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind

i'm going to have to be honest and tell you that i lost the official team and that this is the closest to correct (if not correct) Darmanitan set in the battle. This Darmanitan has the same moves and hp Evs/Ivs as I am 100% sure of. This Darmanitan basically is a defense helper of the team as it clears off hazards and whirlwinds deadly sweep Pokemon away. It also helps clean status on my team. Then when it has nothing to do, why not Volt Switch.

If you are really impatient to see who the final Pokemon i meant here, click the "Hide" button
Banette-Mega

Last edited:
STABmons

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-156407870

Feels like a Stall battle from the very beginning, as the first kill only occurs at Turn 25+. In the end, Siczor almost kills itself, but make an amazing comeback by roosting off damage, setting up and wrecking face. Notice how important a role Stealth Rock plays in this battle.

Scizor
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Roost
- Pin Missile
- Gear Grind

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-155007434

Another old replay, this should serve as a warning to anyone who doubts the power of Mega Tyranitar. After 20+ turns of being outplayed hard, I find the window to set up a Dragon Dance and proceed to sweep house, going from an incredible deficit to a surefire win. As much as it demonstrates Tyranitar's power, don't overlook it's bulk as it takes a Discharge setting up and then stomachs a Drain Punch midsweep, truly a threat to be wary of.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DPL Champion
Monotype cause Monotype is best

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-monotype-1200023

So this was one of my.....unconventional.....Flying teams. Very, very offensive, and very fun to use. This is a game showcasing how brute force and raw power can break through Dark, possibly the type that has the best matchup vs Flying overall. Scarf Greninja can easily sweep through Flying teams that aren't bulky, and this one was no exception. It took very careful playing with Dragonite, who had Banded Extremespeed, to deal with it. (I nearly choked when I let it use Outrage, but it managed to work out in the end). This is also a great battle showcasing the sweeping potential of Double Dance Lando-T, and the wallbreaking capabilities of SD Tailwind Zard X. If Zard hadn't broke through Mandibuzz, I would've had to rely on a Stone Edge hitting to win, which was rather suboptimal. Here are the sets for anyone who is curious:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz

SD for bulkier teams, Tailwind for more offensive teams, and if you get up both....hehe bwoiiiiii. It's not meant to sweep or last long, but rather to wallbreak for another sweeper to come in and take advantage of. For example, this lures in Quagsire, a stop to nearly every sweeper. However, if you Outrage on the switch, it actually 2HKO'es Quaggy:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 229-271 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ezpz. Then another sweeper has a field day on the opposing team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Similar style as the previous set, except this one can actually sweep. With Intimidate, LandT has the bulk to set up on an astonishingly huge part of the metagame. Nearly every physical attacker is setup bait for this monster. Get up and SD and a RP, and it's pretty much over for your opponent. Unlike Char X, whose incredibly powerful STABs break through all opposing walls, LandT trades the power for solid EdgeQuake coverage, and the ability to last a lot longer than Char X, who would smash through opposing teams and then die, leaving it to another sweeper, who can be this LandT. But yeah, use this set, it's really good o.o

Balanced Hackmons (how are there no BH battles yet?)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-190138818

This is a pretty interesting, though extremely strange, battle from a week ago that I had against I_Suck_At_Pokermon. In building this team, I was trying to center on Kyurem-White, which has become really underused. I added a Soundproof Primal Groudon to wall Pixilate Mega Diancie (even Techno Blast variants) and my own Kyurem-White. Techno Blast Mega Rayquaza presented a little bit of an issue, but if all else failed, I figured, Kyurem-White could revenge kill.

Kyurem-White @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- King's Shield
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Bolt Strike

Groudon-Primal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Perish Song
- Spiky Shield
- Roost

If I recall correctly, I had also just heard some people criticizing Contrary, an ability which it has become cool to hate. In reality, Contrary is extremely useful, but has gotten a bad rap because of all the low-ladder players who run it without any way to wall Imposter Chansey. Enter Unaware Darmanitan-Zen. This core, which I stole from Piccolo Daimao a long time ago, has proven to be extremely effective.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Boost
- Defog

Darmanitan-Zen @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Roost

Really, this was a team about two cores. The other two Pokemon were mostly just filler defensive Pokemon that I figured I had to use for synergy. (It's worth taking note of the fact that I chose Gourgeist-Super because I was sick of Primal Kyogre and Thousand Arrows Primal Groudon spam on the ladder.)

The action of the battle itself was really interesting. Pokermon had an equally strange team featuring Deoxys-Attack, Flint's brainchild, which is capable of OHKOing Imposters, Quiver Dance + Eruption Primal Groudon (which proved a huge pain to take out), and a threat that on paper destroyed my team, Aerilate Mega Rayquaza.

Overall, I think this battle is interesting for the unconventional sets used on both sides and some of the King's Shield and Parting Shot mindgames we played during the battle, which are typical of the current meta.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Balanced Hackmons

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-193825830

Proof that Chansey does not need Imposter to be good; Fur Coat Chansey alone (which is my -ate counter; it actually works exceptionally well, as fridge espeed with a life orb from kyub is a 3hko at best) turned a 4-0 loss into a 1-0 win. There were some misplays on my end, such as letting MMY use Future Sight instead of Boomburst on the Groudon-P and letting my Regenvest Yveltal die, but that actually made this battle more epic/hyped/insert synonym here. This was a tournament final, by the way.

Dreams never die.

Last edited:
Monotype

To be honest, when dealing with monotype, I like trying some interesting or insane moveset which surprisingly work. In this battle, I used a stat boosting Klefki in this monotype tourney and assisted me in heading to the finals. This set, which acts as a gimmick but makes excellent use of Calm Mind, Substitute, and Iron Defense due to Prankster allowing it to gain priority and survive any damage dealt to it enabling this little set of keys to set up. Draining Kiss provides an extra amount of recovery replenishing 75% of the damage it given towards its foe. Also because the key chain has a very nice fairy/steel typing, that gives it a nice plus in setting up.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Substitute
- Draining Kiss

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-197915127

Last edited:
BH

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-198521255

This was an unrated battle against Piccolo in which I tested some random things, including Wood Hammer Mega Rayquaza (I think I was really sick of both Primal Kyogre and Regirock around this time) and a variation of the MMY set I referenced in my signature that had Doom Desire. Surprisingly, both of these seemingly useless gimmicks functioned really well against Piccolo's fairly standard team.

The main reason why I'm posting this battle is to show, even when Doom Desire is unboosted and without Tinted Lens, the incredible level of offensive pressure it creates. In multiple cases, good switch-ins to attacks (mostly Judgment in this battle) found themselves able to survive what they had intended to take on, only to be finished off by Doom Desire. I also think that because of Doom Desire's two-turn counter, it has a tendency to make opponents nervous and force them into strange plays. A good example of this was turn 24 (which is really entertaining to watch for other reasons).

More to come.

edit: also, we should add in 1v1, some of its battles can actually be quite interesting

Last edited:
Monotype

Me trying one of my many crazy sets that somehow seem to work. During the tourney I was using monotype electric and soon came across someone using the same type in the second round. In the first round, I was up against monotype grass and swept with Magnezone. The reason behind that was because of Zapdos Baton Pass ( yes it can be utilized ). Since most of the mons that are an electric type are special attackers, I found it would be a great way to try it combined with Charge Beam + Agility. Even though both act as a gimmick, it assists in getting the job done in passing on stat boosts to your sweepers like Manectric, Raikou, Rotom, etc. Agility would allow you to outspeed most foes as Charge Beam gives you a 70% increase in special attack giving the power needed to sweep.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Roost

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-201232901

Monotype

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-158858647

This is a great replay as well. I used my generic main Flying team against Kaiser's generic and OP Steel. Even before the match started I knew 2 things. 1. This was a horrible matchup for me for various reasons. 2. This guy is amazing at Monotype (fine, I admit it.) Another problem was that almost each of my Pokemon checked / countered something on his team, so if I lost anything too soon, I'd be powerless to stop certain threats on his team. Lando-T countered Kaiser's Scarf Exca, Mega Maw and checked his Heatran. Thundy-T could 1-2HKO everything on his team but is a pain to get in, and he has an Electric immunity. Zapdos was extremely important, although it only took care of Skarmory, he was my Defogger. Charizard can destroy a majority of his Pokes with Fire Punch, but I carried Roost instead of Eq and he abuses this throughout the match, so until Heatran's dead I can't use it to its full potential. Togekiss is pretty much useless on paper since it only carries T-wave + Air Slash, but she turned out to be extremely important. On Kaiser's end, his main goal was to set up rocks, and force switches with Mega Mawile, Genesect, and Scarf Excadrill, forcing me to play extremely risky and doing a lot of 50/50s. Overall, this was an amazing game with a little hax (Discharge crit on Heatran, but it didn't matter too much) and I hope you enjoy it!

I'd tell you my sets, but they're so generic you can figure them out yourself. Seriously, the weirdest thing on it is probs Roost on Charizard-X

EV

Banned deucer.
STABmons

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-217172426 - A shorty but a goody

insanelegend is a really good STABmons player and on the council. He's better known for stall but he can run offensive teams too as evident by the replay. I tend to run more balanced teams, so not having a wall or two definitely left me feeling vulnerable.

This replay is indicative of a few things:
  • Offensive pressure is great for keeping setup under control. (Duh.) In STABmons we tend to think "Okay what walls X with setup?" whereas keeping pressure and momentum on your side can accomplish that too. It's something I'm not used to but I want to try it out more.
  • If you didn't see my core masterpost in the main thread, I'm basically stealing OU cores and trying them out in STABmons. This team adapted an offensive FWG (with secondary Steel/Fairy/Dragon) core, a VoltTurn core, and then added Thundurus as an all-around versatile glue.
Some specific things I can learn from:
  • I tricked Choice Scarf too early. I knew Tangrowth was coming in, but why bother giving it the Scarf? I could have Volt Switched out and threatened it with Heatran. The Scarf was also important to outspeed his Charizard and Landorus, two major threats that are hard to switch into but would have been easier to revenge kill with the item.
  • I setup Azumarill waaay too early and only didn't pay for it because I got a lucky 5x hit with Water Shuriken on Skarmory. I needed Tangrowth gone but Skarm could have easily WW or Metal Burst or something. Dumb play on my part.
  • I don't know why I Knocked Off his Braviary when I had Thundurus against it. I wasn't expecting Shell Smash on a FakeSpeed set, but some careful plays later saved my ass (again.) I was probably expecting a lure for him to switch into Lando as I Fusion Bolted, but his Lando couldn't do much to Thundurus anyway. When in doubt: maintain pressure!

Almost Any Ability

Okay um, this is my third time with Almost Any Ability as I'm starting to get the hang of the metagame now. I'm really finding it to be exciting that I'm able to use the abilities that are more preferred for a Pokemon in a battle besides their default abilities. I'd like to thank all of the Other Metas people along with those who put together the metagame along with the Viability Rankings cause that helped me a lot in narrowing down what abilities to choose. ^^

Anyway, I have a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-217278216

In this battle, I was testing a newly updated AAA team putting Victini, Skarmory and Latios on my team. Pretty much Latios was a huge help because of Adaptability boosting its Psychic attack by +2. Skymin and Skarmory was able to weaken Pokemon for Latios to finish off with a clean sweep. I intended on maintaining Speed control so I invested Skymin, Latios, and Victini all with Choice Scarf and maxed Speed investment. Especially, this is very useful for Skymin when it runs a bunch of haxing moves with Serene Grace on it. Choice Scarf is a prime example if you need to outspeed others. I ended up forgetting that I had Gale Wings Skarmory can it can be proven to be a deadly sweeper at +4. Gale Wings will assist Skarmory in gaining field advantage over its enemies with the ability to Roost and Brave Bird first. Vaporeon was nice but I didn't expect Mega Sceptile to be mixed which thrown me off a little. I would have probably been OHKO if it had Leaf Storm. I wanted to get Stealth Rock out incase there was any Focus Sash users on the field. Also I needed the passive damage for Latios to continue to spam Psychic. Overall, I'm getting used to it and I'm going to play this metagame more. n.n

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Balanced Hackmons

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-213058993 - A battle that made me proud of my Kyogres ;~;. These were tears of joy.

This replay was based on the finals of a Monomon Balanced Hackmons tournament. This battle was 6 Arceus vs 6 Kyogres as my opponent also faced a team of Kyogres (by Gimlaf) in the semifinals. My plan for this battle basically worked out well but I knew it couldn't last long. It was just to set up and sweep (as I made the team in 3 minutes before the tour started). One thing about this battle is that I oddly predicted obvious predictions as though I didn't get them correct. Like, on turn 9, I expected another Destiny Bond instead of a random Metal Burst, and on turn 2, I expected that Arceus to be sashed. It was a quick set up at first but I was forced to switch to my Volt Absorb Kyogre due to predicting another Destiny Bond on turn 9. After my opponent revealed that he had a Contrary Arceus, I decide to Volt Switch into my Imposter Kyogre. I won a great speed tie with a CRIT that probably mattered. I knew I had to risk that Kyogre to move on without the Contrary Arceus setting up again. Finally, at the end, I did a finale sweep with Scarf Water Spout Kyogre (which was my lead as well). Enjoy the replay.

Along with that, I'll give you both semifinal Replays and the Kyogre team I used :D

Team Arceus Ftw's Semifinal Vs Gimlaf http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-213055211

Dem Kyogres's Semifinal Vs Dem Gengars (Which was Deathly The King) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-213054208

KHOF (Kyogre Hall Of Fame).

Kyogre-Primal @ Electric Gem
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Electrify
- Origin Pulse
- Recover
- Volt Switch

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Psycho Shift
- Volt Switch

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Calm Nature
- Metal Burst
- Recover
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock

Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Whirlwind

Kyogre-Primal @ Focus Sash
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Enjoy ;)

Tier Shift

I was recently in the Semi-Finals of the Tier Shift tourney and currently, I was testing to see how nice Whimsiscott can be in the metagame and I myself believe that Whim is a huge stall in Tier Shift as it brings an example to how stall is like compared to a few others that created the definition themselves as they're classified as part of a higher viability rank. Take Cresselia for example. Without further ado, I present a replay of my own.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-218725358

Getting rid of Mega Metagross, and Chansey was my top priority in this battle. Steelix was obviously my only hope in getting rid of Chansey. Usually, everyone assumes Mega Steelix or Steelix just setting up Stealth Rock. But this Steelix in particular acts more of a luring Pokemon. I didn't have Azelf set up Stealth Rock because I was counting on either Chansey, Talonflame or Scolipede to come in first. If I did, that means I can use Steelix to Roar its enemies getting passive damage from Stealth Rock and then use Explosion when it's time. I ran a suicide curse set that helps clear the field of anything that I see would be an issue and by far, Chansey would be my main target in having Steelix set up Curse to surely cause an OHKO on Chansey. That gives me a major advantage in using my special attackers I had on my team such as Cresselia, Kyurem, Azelf and Suicune.

After the field was clear of Chansey, I figured they would send out Arcanine, so I sent out Azelf to get out Stealth Rock and then use Explosion since I had Focus Sash. But Mega Metagross came out instead so decided to Fire Blast it before Azelf fainted. Used Scarf Kyurem to rid of Mega Meta. Then had Cresselia to paralyze Talonflame which was perfect for Whim cause now it outspeeds the burnt chicken. To speed things up, throughout the entire game, I Stun Spore the enemies to rely on parahax to get more HP from Leech Seed while stalling out with Encore and Sub.

Overall I loved the battle. I'd say that Talonflame could have been saved for a mu h layer game. Also I assumed that their Arcanine was Flash Flare cause of no Intimidate. I was relived that they didn't have Poison Jab Scolipede either. I'd say the battle could have went differently.

Balanced Hackmons
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-353128407
This is possibly one of the longest battles I've ever had without using FunBro sets, and is definitely intense as I'll get out. After losing my Magic Bounce Mega Audino to my opponents innovative (although I wouldn't call it laughably bad in any way) Sniper Mega Mewtwo Y, I started a stallwar where I couldn't sweep him with Kyogre with Diancie and Registeel around, while he couldn't defeat me as long as I had my Tyranitar, Aegislash and my Fur Coat Chansey. Eventually, when I ran low on Wish PP, I ended up reverting to PP stall with my Imposter Chansey, which resulted in a deadly deathlock on both sides of the field with massive amounts of prediction on both ends. With both sides beginning to run low on spare time, the match only got more heated leading to a surprise victory almost no one would see coming until turn 225, which revealed the inevitable winner (which is a twist that I will not reveal).

By the way, if you were wondering why my Tyranitar took those Critical hits from MM2Y, I was actually using a unique TTar set designed back when SpecsQuaza was beginning its reign of terror on stall. Here's the set if you want to use it:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy / Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Infestation / Knock Off

248 HP EVs, along with 96 Special Defense EVS, Sassy/Careful Nature and Assault Vest ensures that a Boomburst from SpecsQuaza never OHKOes after Stealth Rock, while 84 Attack EVs ensures an OHKO on all Rayquaza sets (except if they invested in bulk, which is kinda silly) with Diamond Storm. The rest of the EVs were slapped into Defense because in other places, they are basically useless. Regenerator allows Tyranitar to heal off said Boomburst's like they never happened. The moveset is also fairly simple: U-turn Pivots, Sacred Fire can burn, Diamond storm is required to OHKO Rayquaza, but the final move is optional. Infestation is usually the best option, as it can kill Shedinja and makes it drastically easier to Imposter proof, but Knock Off *can* be used to remove items (although Knock Off makes it challenging to Imposter proof in my experience).

Also going to tag Eventei for letting me have this awesome battle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)