Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 92 HP / 168 Atk / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Well, I did what the dude in the OP did and chose some random mons, one of which was Slowbro, which I'd always wanted to work around. From there, I chose Thundy as a natural teammate, so there were two mons. At this point, I chose Weavile simply because I enjoy using it and because it fitted well with Slowbro. I was Adamant I was going to try Clefable for once, so I chose the Rocks set as that was what I needed. Drill is the choice for hazard control, keeping up hazards on my side but clearing them on the other. With hazards gone, Talonflame is my priority control.

This team still needs altering, do any feedback is appreciated!

24 Karats (Sableye-Mega) (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Dire Miralis (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Voie Lactée (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Harley Quinn (Alomomola) (F)
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Ouch! Spiky (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Reactor Butt (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt

So I badly wanted to use offensive trap Tran since pretty long but I also wanted to try out Mega Sableye, and THEN Alomomola... So yeah. I tried to make a decent balanced team, and I made this one REALLY quickly, and im really not a boss at teambuilding, so I ask fellow OU players some advices.
So I basically just threw team members to patch weaknesses there, starting from the core Heatran/MSab/Mama. Mega Sableye acts as the usuall lead that scares off Stealth rocks leads, since it is my only way of getting the nasty rocks out of the field. This the basic Mega Sableye utility set, for burning, poisoning and removing items. Heatran is then the stallbreaker of the team, that deals quite a nice amount of damage on his switch-ins with Magma Storm, traps and damage them with the high amount of passive damage from the move, and beats typical stall/defensive Pokémon he does well against, with that combination of Toxic and Taunt. Lefties were chosen to bluff a defensive set to attract, say, opposing Heatrans and decimate 'em with EP.
Alomo is the mixed wall alongside Sableye that takes care of physical attackers as well, but provides nice Wish support that I feel is really needed for the team, especially for Heatran. Scald is stupidly weak, makes no sence that this fish has abyssmal special attack, but hey scald is just for burns so. Its a nice check to non-CM Keldeo variants, too.
Then I chose Kyurem-B as my offensive breaker that enjoys the support of Sab for keeping rocks away and Wish from Alo if needed, and goes rampage against opposite Balance teams and isnt bad against stall.
I slaped Clefable in as the team looks -kinda- weak to Lati twins and VERY weak to both Thunderus and Tornadus, the later Clefable cannot really take on as much as i want it to since LO Cane is a 2HKO ; I also wanted a set up sweeper that could reliably check Ttar and Weavile, and Clef can obviously abuse T-Wave, thought Im questionning if I should add Flamethrower instead since Heatran is my only way of dealing with Steel types.
Then Ferro completes the FGW core with Tran and Mama, and well, its Thorn. It does Thorn stuff. I chose chople berry to take on Band SuperPower Ttar, SuperPower Azu and in particular Terrakion. Power Whip is imo the best choice for the team to damage Water types, like Azu and Keld'.
Hey, I actually modified the team (added Ferro and modified some errors in the sets, like Healer on Mama). Now I feel much more confident with this team and I really like it. Also, could be more a Semi-Stall than a Balance team, idk, you tell me. Thanks if you wanna comment!

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I really wanted to build a team around the hard hitting nature of Mega-Heracross because I loved the way that could smash through defensive 'Mons. I chose Bullet Seed over something like Sub or SD so that I can outspeed and OHKO Azumarill and Rotom-W (with a bit of prior damage). I haven't really tested out any other sets, but this one seems to work just fine.

Next, I wanted something quick to pressure offense a bit, and would also lure in mons that Hera would be able to come in against. Latios seemed like a very good option. People will bring in Ferro, Azu, Chansey etc. to deal with Latios, which Heracross has an easy time coming into, while Latios pressures the physical walls such like Gliscor and Mega-Venu that stop Hera. It also provided me with a defogger.

I knew that Hera could pretty much break stall/balance on it's own, and I wanted more insurance against quick 'Mons. Talonflame fit the bill, as it is one of the best 'Mons versus offense. It also acts as clean up after Hera dents the enemy team, and it greatly appreciates the softening of physical walls.

Now that I had some offensive synergy with Hera, I wanted a defensive core that could pivot Hera in and check some things that would come in after Hera got a kill. Rotom-W and Lando-T provide Volt-Turn which allows Hera to come in more safely, while also providing checks and counters to things like Talonflame, Lati@s, faster Heatrans, Zards etc. I chose to go with ScarfLando because it, like Talonflame, can clean up after the walls are dented.

Lastly, Heatran fit in so perfectly, as I needed something that would be a Dragon switch in, threaten Fairies, set up rocks, and be a Specially Bulky. I rarely use Heatran and so I'm not sure what the best set is to run, but I definitely think that I want Flash Cannon to hurt Clef, Sylveon, Mega-Altaria etc.

What started out as a team built around Mega-Heracross turned out to be very balanced and well-rounded, with each 'Mon pulling it's weight. It has probably been my most successful team (although I haven't been playing much lately).

I am open to any suggestions, as I really enjoy playing this team and want to make is as successful as possible. Thank you for the help, in advance!

I am by no means a great teambuilder/rater, but I think I can help you out with your team (not sure if just anyone can rate, didn't see that anywhere in the OP).

So first off, about those Pokemon you mentioned at the bottom of your post. I can definitely see why you'd want each of them on your team, and I'm sure you know as well. However, I don't really think they fit the type of team you have currently. Right now, you have a bulky offensive team. Adding any of those would turn it into a more balanced team, and, as far as I know, Mega Medicham does best on pivot-based bulky offense teams, which is what you have right now. About Tornadus-T, I don't really know why you want to replace it. It seems like a good fit because it gives you a fast U-turn user and can switch in on/revenge kill some threats to your team like Gengar, Mega Gardevoir, and (Mega) Alakazam. Replacing Tornadus with one of the Pokemon you mentioned at the bottom allows Gengar to severely dent your team (it's uncommon but not should not be taken lightly). However, if you want to replace it, I think AV Azumarill would also be a pretty good fit on your team. It doesn't consistently switch into special attackers like you want it to, but it can 1v1 pretty much any special attacker in the tier aside from maybe Serperior and Volcanion. But I mean both Torn and Azu are good fits for your team, but I think Azu is the better fit because right now you get really pressured by Charizard X and Weavile, both Pokemon that Tornadus isn't much use against. Rotom isn't exactly a Weavile check.

My next suggestion would be, as you said, to drop defensive Starmie. If you want to keep it, my only suggestion would be to have Thunder Wave on it otherwise it's set up bait for a lot of stuff you don't want to be giving free turns to. Instead, I would recommend trying LO Latios/Latias. These two can keep up offensive pressure while also checking notable threats that you mentioned like Charizard Y, Keldeo, and Volcanion. They also give the hazard control that you want. Not sure which one would be better for your team, it's really your preference. Latios hits harder if that's what you want, but if you want better bulk, then go with Latias. Something to note here is that you can indeed afford to have both Roost and Defog on Latias if you want because Healing Wish is not necessary for this team.

As a side note, if you do go with Azumarill, you can probably be fine with removing Bullet Punch for Ice Punch on Medicham. Having a way to hit Landorus-T is important in this meta. Finally, you can, of course, still go with any of the Pokemon you mentioned. They're not bad choices, but it changes team style a bit and leaves you with only 2 Pokemon that have good offensive presence (Medicham and Scizor). The suggestions I gave maintain the pivot-based bulky offensive that Medicham does so well on while also fitting what you want for the most part. Hope I helped!
Thanks bro, I´ll definately try them out! I also considered the option of running Tentacruel as it allows me to keep a hazard controller, it gives me a more solid answer to stuff like Azumarill, and it provides Toxic Spikes support, which are really nice for Mega Medicham to nab some extra OHKOes, as well as make it easy for the rest of the team on dealing with opposing walls, namely Slowbro, which thanks to Regenerator, it becomes very difficult to deal with, particularly if Scizor was taken down. Plus Tentacruel helps me deal with setup sweepers thanks to moves like Haze and Acid Spray, being the later only for Calm Mind sweepers as it targets their Special Defense, but it enables Tentacruel to deal with Mega Sableye, something that the team would really appreciate.

Last edited:
Teostra.

cool squadron, but the kyurem-b set seems a bit overkill. i don't think running a 4 attacks kyurem-b is smart when it is your primary breaker & it will get worn down like crazy without roost. running a standard ice beam / fusion bolt / earth power / roost set with life orb seems the best way to go. i'm not sure what you plan on achieving with outrage, but i am guessing chansey which invites sableye for free and loses to trapper heatran 1v1. roost gives you longevity which is important for this type of build. electric types, especially nasty plot thundurus (which you can't do much against, unless you want to run av kyurem), just trash this team too. non-roost kyurem is a bad idea considering outrages redundancy.

your team struggles with standard heatran, so i would recommend focus blast > thunder wave on clefable to nail it. thunder wave is pointless when your team has toxic sableye to lure in zardx, zardy, and talonflame which allows clefable to beat them by itself.

your alomomola lacks an item. use a rocky helmet or shed shell (so opposing trapper heatran don't solo your team)

MegaStarUniverse

seems like classic hazard stack in which you expect mega gyarados or breloom to pull through. before i begin, i'd just use max speed on landorus-t. no point in getting a slow u-turn against opposing landorus-t because they are just going to knock off which you don't want. losing out on +1 adamant mega sharpedo is kind of disappointing too.

lansat breloom can work to lure in amoonguss, tangrowth, and mega venusaur for mega gyarados. the two things you are sporing are easily dealt with, i.e. landorus-t and clefable. there are a lot of grass balances around. this could shit on them for mega gyarados to easily get a W.

your teams only way of dealing with rotom-w is breloom. it isn't a smart idea unless your opponent plays the rotom-w like absolute shit like in the first replay when your opp had a mega venusaur and rotom, but decides playing impatiently and sacking them for no apparent reason was the best series of plays lol. eq dos can help

best part about starmie is you get to choose your counters. i would experiment with things like psychic and hidden power [fire]. nice ho

Seth_

ye, i would use power herb + solar beam on heatran to kill rotom-w for gyarados and diancie. it seems super useful and clefable shouldn't be getting too many opportunities to set up anyways because of how your team is pretty much equipped to deal with it and iron head kyurem-b for example just says hell no if you choose to take that path.

i don't know what else to say. it seems pretty solid

Repeater1947

i've tried force plam breloom and can say that if you don't get the paralysis which is a lot of games then it is just a waste of a moveslot outside of getting a strong hit on ferrothorn. unless your luck is beyond human, i would try adamant superpower to just trash mega scizor, ferrothorn, and even 96 hp tornadus-t since superpower + mach punch has around a 50% chance to kill after rocks iirc and is almost guaranteed with possible sand damage. even the bulkiest of mega scizors is taking around 60% iirc and with rocks and diancie getting some chip damage off it, this could basically be a surprise ko on it. focus punch is an option with a jolly nature, but i wouldn't count on it all the time.

seems pretty stronk outside of that

TheGooeyGastrodon

defensive excadrill is kind of bad on teams without espeon or mega sableye for obvious reasons. the only rocker it beats 1v1 is specially defensive heatran and that's not even garunteed if you lose a mindgame and it's a lose-lose situation if you earthquake and the heatran user switches out because hazards are to stay. it invites landorus-t and garchomp in too which this team struggles with. so in other words, i would just try to make this team as offensive as possible and just completely ditch any idea of using hazard removal.

i'd try something like swords dance aqua tail garchomp over excadrill which means you lose spin support, so talonflame has to be removed. something like rotom-heat would be a good alternative pivot for touching ferrothorn and luring in grounds for burns. weavile, thundurus, and slowbro discourage rocks anyways, so a more die hard offense could work. i am thinking along these lines:
Derpy (Slowbro-Mega) (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Cloudy (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Claws (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Puff (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt / Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

yes this is a bit more die hard, but most offensive squads struggle with the first three pokemon while you have an unorthodox wallbreaking clefable with swords dance chomper to trash balance with rotom-h as a electric type check pivot that solos ferrothorn and non sd super power scizor. i would try this alternative and see how it works. if it doesn't then a more defensive route is probably better if you really want to use hazard support with mega slowbro.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-392202177
edit: example of what a more offensive approach can do for you

Valiant Scizor

i'd try surf over psyshock on latios to lure tyranitar and heatran for talonflame. not hitting clefable and mega venusaur isn't a big deal when you have like 3 other checks to them to be honest lol. i think it supports the win con in tflame better.

sorry for lazy rates, took me about 25-35 minutes to type this up and if i go higher than that to make a post then that shows too much dedication because this is a game lol, but just wanted to give some initial thoughts so people can try these out and see if they help.

Last edited:
I figure I can showcase my favorite team I've played with in a long, long time! Not only is it fun, but it's also full of favorites of mine, so it's double fun! Here goes:

Ban (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Diana (Serperior) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

King (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Gowther (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 22 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Meliodas (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Hawk (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt

So this is the team! Yes it's named after Seven Deadly Sins, don't judge me. It's mostly centered around paving the way for a Zygarde sweep, but honestly other members like Scizor, Clef, or Serp clean up just as often if not more. It does well against a myriad of threats in my experience getting to something like 1480; I'm not an avid ladderer which may be a psychological problem, but it functions well there. Interestingly, Zygarde was originally Gliscor, but I felt the team lacked a true wincon at the end, and Dragon Dance so much better suits cleaning up than a slow Swords Dance like Gliscor did. Scizor is Scizor, blocking things all day erryday now that I'm using it's Mega finally (took me the whole generation). Rotom-w is a mixed defensive spread because at the time I was encountering a lot of Thundurus on the ladder and wanted Rotom to stand up to it a bit better; I posted this EV spread in reply to someone in the Creative Sets thread, and have been using it since as more of a mixed pivot, but may go back if Birds rise again. Clefable is the other weird EV spread with enough Speed to outrun the rare Conkeldurr, but otherwise minimized to take less damage from random Gyro Balls I might have to absorb. I chose SubSerp over offensive for a few reasons: I'm a timid battler and love the security of a Sub against things like Bisharp; I can win against thing I normally wouldn't win against like M-Pinsir, Altaria without a sound move, more offensive Heatrans, Chansey, and other things I can cheese my way past with Seeds; Leech Seed adds up a lot of passive damage that Zygarde needs to sweep, especially because I lack other hazards than Rocks; I have one in-game, so it feels special.

That's about all that really needs explaining. It's a fairly standard team overall, but has enough uniqueness that makes it fun. Certainly better than DPP Belly Drum Clefable, which I ran cause Clef is a god. Suckas. Or non-Bullet Punch Scizor. Which I also ran. That's right. Used Banded Iron Head Swarm Scizor before the mantis was good cool. Once Thousand Arrows comes out I'mma tear things up.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Nice balanced team I build pretty quickly this afternoon and went 11-0 in mid ladder matches on my secondary account.
Decided to build around Hydreigon+Toxicroack core. Hydra has insane coverage & good firepower witch allow him to maul common physdef mons like Rotom, Slowbro, Ferro, Mew ecc., who are all to some degree checks to Croak, while Croak destroys stuff like Clef, Chansey and special walls in general, with the benefit of having Sucker Punch to perform decently versus offensive teams. The two also have good defensive sinergy, being offensive checks to the respective counters, but you know that's just a bonus on an offensive core.
Added Rocks Clef to do what Clef does: check Dragons and half of the tier + spamming yellow magic; Clef is also and my only good answer to Mega-Sab who otherwise statuses and murders the team pretty freely. Needed a check to sand and birdspam who atm run over the team so Rotom-W joined the team. Added Scarf Lando-T to improve my matchup vs offence, complete the Volt-Turn core with Rotom, have a good late game wincon and a secondary check to many offensive threats. Rounded up the team with Bulky Mega-Sciz, who completes the DFS core, provides more free switches, another wincon and nice priority.

The team is not perfect but all in all works pretty well. Feel free to rate it or steal it :)

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar
- Scald

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect / Gyro Ball
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar
- Scald

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability:Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic / Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect

After glancing through this thread i did notice that this was very similar to a couple other mlati teams in this thread, but i figured i might as well post it because i had something none of the others had: suicune. Ive been laddering with this team and its actually been extremely consistent even in poorer mu like vs megacham or mhera. I didnt go hardcore but i got around 1600 with an 80 gxe which is p decent for only like 3 days of laddering imo. I started off with a core of mlati and suicune which is pretty sweet. Cune and stored power mlati are both v threatening wincons in their own right, and put together they can be very scary. Cm mega latias is pretty hard to stop but can be overwhelmed by lots of physical attackers. in addition to this it really hates status. fortunately however, suicune makes for a great partner checking stuff like megagross and weavile while also sponging status thanks to rest and forcing out stuff like boosted zardx and clefable with roar. in exchange for this mlati boosts in the face of special attackers like thundy, mmane, mvenu, and zardy which force cune out. I decided gliscor would be a great pick for the next slot, as its a solid answer to ferrothorn, mdiancie, gengar, clefable, cm msab, and a few other mons the others cant quite handle while also giving a way to kill bisharp even if its not really the worlds greatest check. In my next slot i was looking for a defogger to clear up the nasty spikes weakness a lot of mlati builds have, a better mzor check than cune, and bird check; zapdos seemed to fit the bill providing all those things in a single slot. After that i went for clef. Clef gave me a check to latis, kyube, mmedi, mhera, and mega lopunny while reinforcing my build against weavile and providing me with yet ANOTHER wincon to back me up. Finally i decided to run chople ferro in the last slot which gave me a check to iron head kyube, secondary lati check, azu check, manaphy check, and mgarde check while providing sr support. I ran protect on this build because ferro doesnt get lefties recovery and its nice to fuck w/ medi since clef isnt a super solid way of revenging it. so yeah, i hope u guys like the team. lemme know if you think theres anything i can change that would improve it. so far ive noticed that serp can be tricky to beat but other than that its pretty solid vs most of the metagame.

Edit @ below: I tried out both suggestions. torn makes the team pretty mzor weak as suicune is a terrible check to it imo, it takes an asston from +2 bug bite. I think being moderately mzor weak is much worse than being moderately serp weak, so I think zapdos is better here overall. Volcarona is tricky but beatable as long as you don't give it a chance to set up. Heatran is a better option than torn, but vs mpins it becomes basically an auto-loss matchup.

Last edited:

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar
- Scald

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast

Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

After glancing through this thread i did notice that this was very similar to a couple other mlati teams in this thread, but i figured i might as well post it because i had something none of the others had: suicune. Ive been laddering with this team and its actually been extremely consistent even in poorer mu like vs megacham or mhera. I didnt go hardcore but i got around 1600 with an 80 gxe which is p decent for only like 3 days of laddering imo. I started off with a core of mlati and suicune which is pretty sweet. Cune and stored power mlati are both v threatening wincons in their own right, and put together they can be very scary. Cm mega latias is pretty hard to stop but can be overwhelmed by lots of physical attackers. in addition to this it really hates status. fortunately however, suicune makes for a great partner checking stuff like megagross and weavile while also sponging status thanks to rest and forcing out stuff like boosted zardx and clefable with roar. in exchange for this mlati boosts in the face of special attackers like thundy, mmane, mvenu, and zardy which force cune out. I decided gliscor would be a great pick for the next slot, as its a solid answer to ferrothorn, mdiancie, gengar, clefable, cm msab, and a few other mons the others cant quite handle while also giving a way to kill bisharp even if its not really the worlds greatest check. In my next slot i was looking for a defogger to clear up the nasty spikes weakness a lot of mlati builds have, a better mzor check than cune, and bird check; zapdos seemed to fit the bill providing all those things in a single slot. After that i went for clef. Clef gave me a check to latis, kyube, mmedi, mhera, and mega lopunny while reinforcing my build against weavile and providing me with yet ANOTHER wincon to back me up. Finally i decided to run chople ferro in the last slot which gave me a check to iron head kyube, secondary lati check, azu check, manaphy check, and mgarde check while providing sr support. I ran protect on this build because ferro doesnt get lefties recovery and its nice to fuck w/ medi since clef isnt a super solid way of revenging it. so yeah, i hope u guys like the team. lemme know if you think theres anything i can change that would improve it. so far ive noticed that serp can be tricky to beat but other than that its pretty solid vs most of the metagame.
Hi, so this is really solid overall and all your teammates are essential to the success of the team due to how you build the team. There are some other routes that could be taken that open up other holes in the team but i'll just lay out the options.

This build isn't really weak to Spikes imo bar Cune and Ferro which is somewhat negeligible, but it's pretty much dependent on the person's playing style. The first route I took was AV Tornadus-T > Zapdos so you have some kind of raw speed and not a liability to anything faster than Mega Latias. AV Torn gives you solid counterplay to Serperior as well as keeping Volcarona from clicking Quiver Dance all willy nilly. It should run 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe with Heat Wave / Cane / Knoff / U-turn

Another route was Air Balloon Heatran > Zapdos. It's a much better way of keeping Volcarona, Mega Scizor, and Serperior at bay as well as helping with Talonflame. The biggest weakness in this route in LO Torn-T, but you handle it pretty well with Clefable, Mega Latias, AND Gliscor. It should run 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe with Plume / ToxicTaunt / Rocks. Give Ferro Spikes btw.

There were a few other kooky routes like Amoonguss, Sand, ScarfTar, and Celebi but those 2 routes were frankly the better ones. I'd rather go with Heatran imho since it makes a sweet hazard stack and does so much for the build. AV Torn is fine too though.

editZ: btw there's no zapdos hate it just doesn't do much on this specific build

Full Metal (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Alphonse (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Tony (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gallade is one of my favourite pokemon so been trying forever to build a team for it. Decided on the standard 'Elric Brother' core featuring Bisharp. Then added spike stacking and TWave for maximum scumminess, Lando and Lati for pivoting and Healing Wish. Couldn't pick a 6th so threw on Thundurus-T, it's so underrated in this meta, unless you're Chansey you aren't shrugging moves off. Best moment was Agility on a Diancie protect then straight OHKO with TBolt.

First team that's actually taken me to decent places on ladder (1700s) although I might have just stopped playing like a scrub. Would appreciate any ratings or suggestions, if I'm against stall I basically click the X straight away.

Gonna add some hot HO I've been using lately because why not

SD Mega-Pinsir + SD Talonflame:

heatran.png
landorus-therian.png
azumarill.png
latios.png
talonflame.png
pinsir-mega.png

Heatran (F) @ Power Herb
EVs: 176 HP / 92 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame (F) @ Sky Plate
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Started building around birdspam because Pinsir on its own is terrifying, and when paired with something that can weaken its checks, it can operate that much more freely which is dandy. Immediate concerns with the core were managing fast electrics and dealing with rocks, so I opted for defog Latios to manage those (although it doesn't do either terribly well, but the pool of viable hazard removal is a shallow one). I'm running a surf variant to weaken Heatran and Tyranitar for Talonflame, though I suppose Thunderbolt is a viable change in that slot since Skarm can kinda be annoying at times. Sand and fat grounds looked troubling as well as sand (and Weavile to an extent), so BD Azu fit nicely here. BD helps beat fatter sand builds that feature Azu switchins like Amoonguss and Tangrowth while also just being an all-around threatening wincon that can seems somewhat underprepared for (considering CB is what most assume an Azu to be). The last troubling threats that remained were Clefable, Talonflame, and scarf-'rachi to some extent (Talonflame isn't a reliable check to something so threatening to offense). Wash-tom also man-handled most of my team easily and I wanted some kind of effective lure to help Pinsir + Talon, so Magma + Solar Beam Heatran fit the bill. It stacks weaknesses with Talonflame quite nastily but I feel like I have no other decent option to be honest. Last, I added scarfed Lando to actually kill Talonflames, provide crucial speed control, and scare things like Mega-Diancie and Scarf-Tar. All in all, this is a team I feel operates well but can be quite matchup based (although tons of flying resistances are rare so it generally works out ok).

Threats to the team would include Diancie builds, Bisharp (my check is a WoW Talon, which has to pray rocks are off the field if Bish is looking threatening), and some sand builds.

Mega-Lopunny + SD Terrakion:

heatran.png
thundurus-incarnate.png
azumarill.png
garchomp.png
terrakion.png
lopunny-mega.png

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 52 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Garchomp (F) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Endure
- Swords Dance

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

The focal point here was an adamant-natured quick attack Lopunny, but that idea quickly fizzled out of favor after a few test ladder matches lol. Regardless, I wanted to pair Lopunny with something that could easily break it's fatter roadblocks and generally wallbreak for late-game cleaning, so SD + LO Terrakion worked well here. They attract so many of the same things and are generally extremely hard to deal with for the playstyles they work well against (offense for Lopunny, fat balance/stalls for Terrak). I noticed that generally speaking, the magic number of 'mons used to pressure specific physical pivots or walls when it comes to physical-spam based HO is three so as to not over-rely on one wallbreaker to help the cleaner close up the match. With this in mind, I searched for a rocker that could additionally pressure things like Rotom/Landorus-T from turn one, and immediately looked to lead SD Garchomp for its amazing turn-one matchups and general solidity. Scizor, Slowbro, Skarmory, Talonflame, and Rotom-W seemed to be frustrations to the current roster of three, so I selected Thundurus-I to deal with them. To pressure Clefable (specifically variants more equipped to tank hits from Chomp and Lop), I opted for a Nasty Plot set to turn Thundy from CM bait into something that fries Clef down to zero relatively easily. CB Azumarill and standard fast utility Heatran were the final choices to mainly patch up holes vs. sand and Latis respectively, among other things. Since Heatran fit the team so well and had plenty of room for Stealth Rock, I changed Chomp from a lead variant with rocks to an Endure + SD + Salac Berry variant that can be used to pressure things like fast electrics and Latis very easily.

Things that that team isn't very well equipped to deal with would be fast electrics like Manectric and Thundurus, as well as Diancie (if only protect wasn't standard!) and Rotom-W.

Again, I appreciate any and all critiques! Also, feel free to steal these if they look fun to you.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

So one day I decided to build around Serperior and Manaphy, don't ask me why. They do have some decent synergy, because Serp runs through bulky waters for Mana, and Mana can take on mons like Heatran for Serp. I have Psychic on Mana to lure in Venusaur, which otherwise gives both of them trouble, and Wacan Berry to defeat most Kyurem-B sets 1v1 (a +3 Ice Beam or Psychic has a strong chance to KO it after LO and rocks while taking ~52% max from Fusion Bolt). I wanted a physical attacker next, and ended up settling on AV Bisharp, which can take on fairies, Chansey, and others while being a fair pivot and Pursuit trapper as well. TankChomp is there for rocks and because I really hate facing VoltTurn, and it's a fair check to birds as a bonus. Latios can punch holes in stuff with Draco Meteor and has Defog, which is mainly for dealing with Spikes stacking, as my team really isn't bothered by rocks that much. HP Fire is there to lure Scizor and Ferrothorn. Lastly, I needed something to deal with Dark and Ice mons, especially Weavile, and had no mega, so I went with Mega Diancie, which can also deal with dragons that pose an offensive threat like Kyurem-B, Mega Altaria, and opposing Lati@s. It can also scout with Protect and deflect status if it needs to.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Volcanion @ Power Herb
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog
- Psyshock

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Not my greatest work lol but been having some fun with this team. I wanted to try out some Volcanion variations and decided to use a Power Herb set since outside of Chansey and Latis, it draws in bulky waters like Suicune and Slowking. Paired it with Lando-T as I find Volcanion teams have problems with Grounds (Volc + Ttar an example) and wanted something to take advantage of bulky water luring. Latios is the requisite glue piece to remove hazards and provide speed control, standard set. Chople Ferro with TWave to help with stuff like Fairy types, lures Medicham on t1 as well. Thunder Wave provides nice speed control in general too which is helpful for Volcanion and Lando-T. Mega Aero was the mega added for speed, a good check to Zards and Torn-T with Fire Fang to hit Steels since Volcanion is the only true check to stuff like Scizor. Pursuit traps these mons as well as Latios for Volcanion. Added Lum Bisharp to help with general revenge killing and whatnot. Teams weak to a bunch of things probably, this one isn't getting a full run down lol

i haven't really been playing / building much for a little over a month now, so i've been trying to build with a bunch of stuff to get back in the swing of things. i usually don't build balance teams, but this core (suicune + skarmory) seemed very fun. here are two variants of this build... any suggestions / critiques / w.e welcome ^^:

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
after trying a couple different routes with this, i came to the conclusion that clef really helps streamline things; pretty much every decent looking build with this core ended with a clef on it. Infernal and i wrote about the core here, and spikes + whirlwind skarmory synergizes with clef in pretty much the same way it does with cune. not only are clef and cune both fat CMers, but they're handled by some of the same things due to their monotype coverage (poisions, super fat special walls like chansey, etc.). because of this, i opted for knock off on clef to get rid of chansey's eviolite and leftovers on annoying fat pokemon like opposing clefs, heatran, amoong (black sludge), etc.. knock also helps the team as a whole because it's totally specially offensive :x. finally, i went full phys def to check mega medicham and to help against diancies that run max attack, among other things. hippowdon provides rocks while being a super nice glue mon for the build, countering a bunch of annoying things. i usually prefer lando-t as a bulky ground because it isn't insanely passive, meaning it can typically do a better job of checking the stuff that both it and hippo check. also, i feel like hippowdon gets overwhelmed quite a bit personally due to wanting to check so much in 1 slot (offensive birds, electrics, rocks, grounds, fires, steels...), but on this team i have a bunch of stuff to alleviate pressure from hippo, making it one of two checks to certain annoyances usually. toxic allows hippo to hit switch-ins like tangrowth, lando-t, and rotom-w. mega manectric was chosen because i really wanted something to break down fat waters for suicune, and i figured volt switch / u-turn would be useful in whittling stuff down for the bulky CMers. additionally, manec helps to alleviate pressure from hippo by checking birds (torn-t, talonflame) and mega scizor offensively. finally, latios was chosen because i needed a keld answer & i didn't want hippowdon as my only electric check when the main core is super weak to electrics. i went with CM because this team is way too specially offensive, and i need some way to just muscle past annoying walls :(.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Soft-Boiled

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost
similar framework as the first build, but i definitely patched up some weaknesses here. the original build had pretty much no counterplay to serperior and volcarona, so i decided to try mega altaria > latios to help there. alt still checks keldeo and speedy electrics, but in addition to checking serp and volc, it also helps a lot with charizard-y and charizard-x. i went with the DDD set to effectively check this stuff while still being capable offensively; this helps with the team being wayyy too specially offensive, and it provides heal bell support. since my mega slot is now taken up by alt, i had to go with raikou > mega manectric. this makes torn-t and mega scizor a bit more annoying than before, but they're still manageable. i had to go with extrasensory because otherwise this team was totally destroyed by mega venu / amoong. speaking of psychic coverage, i went with psyshock > knock off on clef for this same reason. i didn't really need knock since the team isn't as specially inclined as before, and psyshock still sorta beats chansey in a vacuum lol. also, my clef check is whirlwinding it away with skarmory, so having psyshock clef gives me a way of actually handling clef offensively. iron head > brave bird on skarmory because i have serp covered now... yes my serp check was brave bird skarm on the other build ;~;.

this version still doesn't do much about heatran, but i do have hippowdon as a switch-in and suicune as a check so w.e. this version also doesn't do too much about annoying bulky grasses, but having extrasensory on raikou & psyshock on clef makes amoong and mega venu manageable, but against tang, i just sorta have to overwhelm it which is very annoying :/. also, this build makes me totally walled by ferrothorn which is a huge problem... i'm seriously debating going with specially offensive mega alt w/ heal bell for this reason alone, but i really don't want the team to be totally specially offensive.

i think these variants are both solid (the second one more than the first), but they definitely struggle against fat grasses. i can't really come up with a solution there, so any help would be appreciated!!! n_n

edit: @ below: "i'm seriously debating going with specially offensive mega alt w/ heal bell for this reason alone, but i really don't want the team to be totally specially offensive."

Last edited:
i haven't really been playing / building much for a little over a month now, so i've been trying to build with a bunch of stuff to get back in the swing of things. i usually don't build balance teams, but this core (suicune + skarmory) seemed very fun. here are two variants of this build... any suggestions / critiques / w.e welcome ^^:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
after trying a couple different routes with this, i came to the conclusion that clef really helps streamline things; pretty much every decent looking build with this core ended with a clef on it. Infernal and i wrote about the core here, and spikes + whirlwind skarmory synergizes with clef in pretty much the same way it does with cune. not only are clef and cune both fat CMers, but they're handled by some of the same things due to their monotype coverage (poisions, super fat special walls like chansey, etc.). because of this, i opted for knock off on clef to get rid of chansey's eviolite and leftovers on annoying fat pokemon like opposing clefs, heatran, amoong (black sludge), etc.. knock also helps the team as a whole because it's totally specially offensive :x. finally, i went full phys def to check mega medicham and to help against diancies that run max attack, among other things. hippowdon provides rocks while being a super nice glue mon for the build, countering a bunch of annoying things. i usually prefer lando-t as a bulky ground because it isn't insanely passive, meaning it can typically do a better job of checking the stuff that both it and hippo check. also, i feel like hippowdon gets overwhelmed quite a bit personally due to wanting to check so much in 1 slot (offensive birds, electrics, rocks, grounds, fires, steels...), but on this team i have a bunch of stuff to alleviate pressure from hippo, making it one of two checks to certain annoyances usually. toxic allows hippo to hit switch-ins like tangrowth, lando-t, and rotom-w. mega manectric was chosen because i really wanted something to break down fat waters for suicune, and i figured volt switch / u-turn would be useful in whittling stuff down for the bulky CMers. additionally, manec helps to alleviate pressure from hippo by checking birds (torn-t, talonflame) and mega scizor offensively. finally, latios was chosen because i needed a keld answer & i didn't want hippowdon as my only electric check when the main core is super weak to electrics. i went with CM because this team is way too specially offensive, and i need some way to just muscle past annoying walls :(.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Soft-Boiled

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Heal Bell
- Roost
similar framework as the first build, but i definitely patched up some weaknesses here. the original build had pretty much no counterplay to serperior and volcarona, so i decided to try mega altaria > latios to help there. alt still checks keldeo and speedy electrics, but in addition to checking serp and volc, it also helps a lot with charizard-y and charizard-x. i went with the DDD set to effectively check this stuff while still being capable offensively; this helps with the team being wayyy too specially offensive, and it provides heal bell support. since my mega slot is now taken up by alt, i had to go with raikou > mega manectric. this makes torn-t and mega scizor a bit more annoying than before, but they're still manageable. i had to go with extrasensory because otherwise this team was totally destroyed by mega venu / amoong. speaking of psychic coverage, i went with psyshock > knock off on clef for this same reason. i didn't really need knock since the team isn't as specially inclined as before, and psyshock still sorta beats chansey in a vacuum lol. also, my clef check is whirlwinding it away with skarmory, so having psyshock clef gives me a way of actually handling clef offensively. iron head > brave bird on skarmory because i have serp covered now... yes my serp check was brave bird skarm on the other build ;~;.

this version still doesn't do much about heatran, but i do have hippowdon as a switch-in and suicune as a check so w.e. this version also doesn't do too much about annoying bulky grasses, but having extrasensory on raikou & psyshock on clef makes amoong and mega venu manageable, but against tang, i just sorta have to overwhelm it which is very annoying :/. also, this build makes me totally walled by ferrothorn which is a huge problem... i'm seriously debating going with specially offensive mega alt w/ heal bell for this reason alone, but i really don't want the team to be totally specially offensive.

i think these variants are both solid (the second one more than the first), but they definitely struggle against fat grasses. i can't really come up with a solution there, so any help would be appreciated!!! n_n
You could consider switching Mega Altaria into a special attacker:

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Modest/Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
-Heal Bell/Agility

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
starry blanket i personally think subcm raikou ev'd to not be broken by clefable and heatran behind a sub and boost would be better overall, at least marginally for the latter while the former your only sound counterplay is suicine right now, and some other issues you have. As for malt a special attacker variant is really questionable. If you were to go mixed I think it would be just better to focus on a more physically ev'd altaria in terms of 3 attacks roost at least. Heal bell has a pretty obvious purpose but I think your lack of coverage is making a handful of steels a bit unbearable to fight (mscizor!!!). Going facade, body slam, or frustration (depending on which characteristics you value more or less) eq and fire blast as your moves could be a start. If you still want to maintain that speed control through dragon dance I think using a legitimate coverage move such as earthquake would be more useful here.

starry blanket i personally think subcm raikou ev'd to not be broken by clefable and heatran behind a sub and boost would be better overall, at least marginally for the latter while the former your only sound counterplay is suicine right now, and some other issues you have. As for malt a special attacker variant is really questionable. If you were to go mixed I think it would be just better to focus on a more physically ev'd altaria in terms of 3 attacks roost at least. Heal bell has a pretty obvious purpose but I think your lack of coverage is making a handful of steels a bit unbearable to fight (mscizor!!!). Going facade, body slam, or frustration (depending on which characteristics you value more or less) eq and fire blast as your moves could be a start. If you still want to maintain that speed control through dragon dance I think using a legitimate coverage move such as earthquake would be more useful here.
i thought of subcm raikou, but i never tried it out because i figured i really needed the psychic coverage so i don't autolose to amoong / venu (as mentioned in my post). i'll test it out, but idk. going facade > return & coverage move > heal bell on mega altaria could really help, but i think keeping ddance for speed control would be better than going 3 atk + roost. as for which coverage options, earthquake would help with heatran, but i think ferrothorn is a bigger problem atm... what do you think about going ddance / facade / fire blast / roost? i don't like the idea of running fire blast here on paper, but idk i think the fire coverage is sorta necessary for this team as a whole.

thanks AM & SpiritDoctor ^^

Hey, starry blanket, I built a somewhat similar balance team (outline is Fat Chomp/Sp. Def Skarm/Sp. Def Clef/Slowbro/LO Torn/Manectric) and feel like mixing around some sets from mine and yours could help deal with a few of your teams issues (on both sides of the coin actually---like I should probably opt for Hippo over fat Chomp since my only electric check is calm Clef, lol).

I'll preface by saying I'm just going to go off of your first build since I think it'd be easier for me to critique lol.

Anyway, I think opting for AV Torn > Latios would be another solid option given that they both do their job of switching into Keld pretty well, but Torn gives you another counterplay option to Serp (which steamrolls your team barring Manectric) while also synergising well with Manectric (gives you a handy-dandy Volt-turn core and whatnot). Torn also demolishes fat grasses for you as well, so there's that.

Because AV Torn > Latios pressures your Hippo to check electrics a ton, I think you should opt for Calm Clef > Bold Clef. Yeah, you lose a way to pivot into Medi decently (though Zen Headbutt does roughly 50% to bold Clef iirc), but you also gain a way to revenge kill it through Torn. Bold Clef can be pretty shaky vs. Medi in my opinion anyway so I feel like this may be the better option here. Hurricane misses suck and all but alas, that's just the game we play :x.

After the changes, you lose a lot of wallbreaking power, but Cune/Clef + hazard stacking is pretty capable IMO.

Volcanion @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Solar Beam

EVs: 8 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog
- Psyshock

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Fire Fang

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Not my greatest work lol but been having some fun with this team. I wanted to try out some Volcanion variations and decided to use a Power Herb set since outside of Chansey and Latis, it draws in bulky waters like Suicune and Slowking. Paired it with Lando-T as I find Volcanion teams have problems with Grounds (Volc + Ttar an example) and wanted something to take advantage of bulky water luring. Latios is the requisite glue piece to remove hazards and provide speed control, standard set. Chople Ferro with TWave to help with stuff like Fairy types, lures Medicham on t1 as well. Thunder Wave provides nice speed control in general too which is helpful for Volcanion and Lando-T. Mega Aero was the mega added for speed, a good check to Zards and Torn-T with Fire Fang to hit Steels since Volcanion is the only true check to stuff like Scizor. Pursuit traps these mons as well as Latios for Volcanion. Added Lum Bisharp to help with general revenge killing and whatnot. Teams weak to a bunch of things probably, this one isn't getting a full run down lol
Not a critique, but I'm wondering—what does 8 HP / 92 Def do for DD Lando? I'm sifting through potential spreads for Dual Dance myself and am curious what this accomplishes.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not a critique, but I'm wondering—what does 8 HP / 92 Def do for DD Lando? I'm sifting through potential spreads for Dual Dance myself and am curious what this accomplishes.
It takes 2 Iron Heads after Rocks from Jolly Excadrill.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 8 HP / 92 Def Landorus-T: 117-138 (36.4 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Adamant Exca has a chance to 2HKO after Rocks, but it's also something you can outspeed at +2 unlike Jolly. Sort of a weirdly specific spread but given that Landorus-T is usually used to check physical attackers, it makes sense to invest in Defense rather than just HP. Also, it avoids the 2HKO from Adamant Exca after rocks if you use Leftovers:

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 8 HP / 92 Def Landorus-T: 126-149 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Defog

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Here is M-Metagross + Specs Volcanion & DD Lando. i been liking this team lately and its been putting in some work. here is one replay where it shows it can handle a Volt-turn match up http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-170914. Only have one replay for now[/hide]

Gonna add another one of my recent creations cuz I've been on that teambuilding grind lately

M-Lop + Gengar Bulky Offense:

heatran.png
rotom-wash.png
landorus-therian.png
latios.png
gengar.png
lopunny-mega.png

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Started building around basic Ice Punch Lop here, and pretty much immediately added Rotom-Wash to cover the obnoxious weakness to flying Lop has. This addition was a departure from how anti-pivot my recent builds have been for some reason, and Lop + Rotom has been featured in several successful builds in the past, like TDK's Hoopa + Lopunny team and ABR's Lopunny sand team. Next, I wanted to add a solid balance breaker capable of taking advantage of Rotom-W's VS that could also cover Rotom/Lop's weakness to Clef, Tangrowth, and a few other things, so Gengar fit well in this slot. I needed something to cover Scizor (faster variants blow through Lop/Gengar/Rotom), Zard-X (non-EQ variants), and the Lati twins, so I opted for Heatran as member number four. Latios was added as the mandatory Keldeo switchin; I'm running a CM set so as to not run wincon-less offense as well as to help Gengar muscle past fat builds. Finally, I settled on scarf Lando with Explosion to serve as a means of speed control that can soft-check things like Lopunny (obv. can't switchin in well b/c of Ice Punch), Diancie-Mega (pretty much only scares it out), EQ Zard-X (which would otherwise cleanly sweep through the team), and Mega-Zam.

Some things the build struggles with are Weavile, opposing Lopunny, and fat builds that feature pursuit trappers. I feel like having two pursuit weak balance breakers isn't terribly great by design, but I feel like the build can't sway away from it given the first three members. If anyone has any ideas as to how to patch up these flaws, I'd appreciate input!

Bonus replay of the goofiest match I've played in a while

Mercy (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Bastion (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Rein (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Zenyatta (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

76 (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Tracer (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

yum (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rest

requiem (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Baton Pass

despair (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Trick

dead end (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

back at you (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

hell (Talonflame) (M)
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Pretty sure most of you will recognize this team. It is Branflakes325's Shedinja stall team. I have always loved this team due to the combination of Shedinja + Dugtrio + Mega Sableye. Unfortunately, the old team is not as effective as it was in the past, due to metagame changes.

What I did is revamped the team to cover the old team's weaknesses and fit better into the current metagame.

I peaked the high 1700s with it and got bored so I stopped playing and decayed a bit so atm I am in the high 1600s but I am very sure that if you have patience (which I don't) and know how to play the team you could even peak higher.

Here's the original thread of the team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wonder-trio.3542184/. Branflakes325 explains pretty well how to use the team in that thread.

Sassy 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD -> Bold 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe Felt like a more physically defensive set would be better because the team has the potential to struggle against Weavile, Scizor (if Talonflame is dead), Keldeo (if Shedinja is dead or you are facing the neverused HP Flying Keldeo) and more but I forgot. 12 Spe helps it outspeed an uninvested Mega Scizor if I am not mistaken.

Bold 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
-> Timid 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
I can't explain how well this set performs. Yes, I did let go of Togekiss' recovery but the benefits of the set worths it. It is an extremely good act late game cleaner and it catches people off-guard with its Trick. SpD Rocks Jirachi has the potential to beat M-Sableye with flinches and tbh rocks up just wrecks this team. The opponent switches the Jirachi into Togekiss and gets tricked. Then you pivot into Sableye and if the opponent uses Iron Head you just go into your Steel resists. It also helps a lot against Chansey as it lets Dugtrio beat it 1v1. Can't count how much time this set helped me winning games. However, after tricking the Choice Scarf, use Knock Off with caution! (for obvious reasons). EDIT: Use this to wear down or KO (depending on your luck) an opposing Stallbreaker Togekiss. If it kills you before you kill it, revenge kill with either Talonflame or Dugtrio.

Careful 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
-> Impish 240 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe This set helps me beat Weavile, Scizor and Jirachi better, two things annoying to the team. It also helps me against physical attackers in general.

Impish 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe -> Standard Support set with Fake Out.

- Stallbreaker togekiss is a pain to almost every stall team. Scarfed Togekiss can wear it down with Air Slash flinches and even if the opposing Togekiss KOs your Togekiss, Talonflame or Dugtrio should be able to revenge kill it.

- Two obvious threats to stall. Checked by Talonflame and Togekiss. Togekiss can surprise kill both because of its Choice Scarf.

- Specifically the rare set of Tail Glow/Scald/Energy Ball/HP Fire. Togekiss can flinch it to death and Dugtrio can trap it.

- Immense bulk. Trick or Knock Off its Eviolite and beat it 1v1 by Dugtrio.

- Swords Dance Weavile with rocks up. Don't ask. Just click X.

Thank you for reading! Feel free to give any suggestions!

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

yum (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rest

requiem (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Baton Pass

despair (Togekiss) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Trick

dead end (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

back at you (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

hell (Talonflame) (M)
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Pretty sure most of you will recognize this team. It is Branflakes325's Shedinja stall team. I have always loved this team due to the combination of Shedinja + Dugtrio + Mega Sableye. Unfortunately, the old team is not as effective as it was in the past, due to metagame changes.

What I did is revamped the team to cover the old team's weaknesses and fit better into the current metagame.

I peaked the high 1700s with it and got bored so I stopped playing and decayed a bit so atm I am in the high 1600s but I am very sure that if you have patience (which I don't) and know how to play the team you could even peak higher.

Here's the original thread of the team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wonder-trio.3542184/. Branflakes325 explains pretty well how to use the team in that thread.

Sassy 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD -> Bold 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe Felt like a more physically defensive set would be better because the team has the potential to struggle against Weavile, Scizor (if Talonflame is dead), Keldeo (if Shedinja is dead or you are facing the neverused HP Flying Keldeo) and more but I forgot. 12 Spe helps it outspeed an uninvested Mega Scizor if I am not mistaken.

Bold 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
-> Timid 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
I can't explain how well this set performs. Yes, I did let go of Togekiss' recovery but the benefits of the set worths it. It is an extremely good act late game cleaner and it catches people off-guard with its Trick. SpD Rocks Jirachi has the potential to beat M-Sableye with flinches and tbh rocks up just wrecks this team. The opponent switches the Jirachi into Togekiss and gets tricked. Then you pivot into Sableye and if the opponent uses Iron Head you just go into your Steel resists. It also helps a lot against Chansey as it lets Dugtrio beat it 1v1. Can't count how much time this set helped me winning games. However, after tricking the Choice Scarf, use Knock Off with caution! (for obvious reasons).

Careful 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
-> Impish 240 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD / 8 Spe This set helps me beat Weavile, Scizor and Jirachi better, two things annoying to the team. It also helps me against physical attackers in general.

Impish 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe -> Standard Support set with Fake Out.

- Two obvious threats to stall. Checked by Talonflame and Togekiss. Togekiss can surprise kill both because of its Choice Scarf.

- Specifically the rare set of Tail Glow/Scald/Energy Ball/HP Fire. Togekiss can flinch it to death and Dugtrio can trap it.

- Immense bulk. Trick or Knock Off its Eviolite and beat it 1v1 by Dugtrio.

- Swords Dance Weavile with rocks up. Don't ask. Just click X.

Thank you for reading! Feel free to give any suggestions!
Add Togekiss to the threatlist because it still 6:0s this team with the changes considering that it NPs on 2/3 of the team

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Bounce

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

I've spent a lot of time learning about the basics of team building and hoping for feedback on one of my favorite teams. I wanted to build around 3 Attacks Mega Gyarados, who is definitely an uncommon threat that most teams aren't prepared for. I liked that he was just as useful non-mega as he was a mega, so I wanted to build a team that takes advantage of his two faces. Weavile is my wallbreaker and forms a pseudo Dark Spam core with Mega Gyara. Raikou is the necessary Thundurus switch in, and I went with Toxic for the Hippo switch ins. Gyara covers most Ice-types, so I went to with Sub SD Chomp, who equally puts pressure on offensive/defensive builds and can check electric types occasionally. Latias and Metagross are the support. Defog isn't essential, but it makes using Gyarados a lot easier, especially late-game (if I'm lucky enough to get off both a Defog and a Healing Wish) and makes things against the uncommon Mega Venusaur easier. Metagross is my Fairy switch in, Rocks setter, and the only member of the team who can do much to Ferrothorn. These two have to perform a lot of jobs, which they do pretty well most of the time.

Some obvious issues are the aforementioned Ferrothorn. If Metagross is KO'd, I have to hope that I can boost up enough to break it down. Bulky grounds can be annoying since my main way to handle them is Weavile, who takes Rocks damage and then has to hope he's not switching into an attack. Scizor is a minor annoyance since he likes to switch in on Latias and Weavile, but the other team members handle him well. I'm sure there are other issues but I don't have the wherewithal to think of them. What do you guys think? I encourage you to play around with it; it's a fun team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394768954
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394766755

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Add Togekiss to the threatlist because it still 6:0s this team with the changes considering that it NPs on 2/3 of the team
Forgot that, thanks! I also forgot to mention that Scarfed Togekiss is there to somehow handle Stallbreaker Togekiss. It can wear down an opposing Stallbreaker Togekiss with flinches and allows to either Talonflame or Dugtrio revenge kill it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)