Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

I've spent a lot of time learning about the basics of team building and hoping for feedback on one of my favorite teams. I wanted to build around 3 Attacks Mega Gyarados, who is definitely an uncommon threat that most teams aren't prepared for. I liked that he was just as useful non-mega as he was a mega, so I wanted to build a team that takes advantage of his two faces. Weavile is my wallbreaker and forms a pseudo Dark Spam core with Mega Gyara. Raikou is the necessary Thundurus switch in, and I went with Toxic for the Hippo switch ins. Gyara covers most Ice-types, so I went to with Sub SD Chomp, who equally puts pressure on offensive/defensive builds and can check electric types occasionally. Latias and Metagross are the support. Defog isn't essential, but it makes using Gyarados a lot easier, especially late-game (if I'm lucky enough to get off both a Defog and a Healing Wish) and makes things against the uncommon Mega Venusaur easier. Metagross is my Fairy switch in, Rocks setter, and the only member of the team who can do much to Ferrothorn. These two have to perform a lot of jobs, which they do pretty well most of the time.

Some obvious issues are the aforementioned Ferrothorn. If Metagross is KO'd, I have to hope that I can boost up enough to break it down. Bulky grounds can be annoying since my main way to handle them is Weavile, who takes Rocks damage and then has to hope he's not switching into an attack. Scizor is a minor annoyance since he likes to switch in on Latias and Weavile, but the other team members handle him well. I'm sure there are other issues but I don't have the wherewithal to think of them. What do you guys think? I encourage you to play around with it; it's a fun team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394768954
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394766755
Dont have a lot to say but you say Ferrothorn is a big annoyance and I agree. So I would recommend Dual Dance Landorus-T > Garchomp. The item is up to you, if you want to damage ferro more go with Earth Plate but if you find yourself weak to Ice types and such, use Yache Berry. I just think it's better because it's more useful defensively while also having a higher attack stat to pressure all sorts of teams with that great edgequake coverage.

Sorry for short explanation/errors, I'm on my phone.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

Instead of building around a specific mon, I decided I would try and build around a specific concept. The concept was to have multiple bulky pivots that I could use to wear down the opposing mons. When they were low enough, I could switch in a Pokemon that could withstand a hit and deliver the finishing blow to the opponent.

I decided to run Amoonguss as a pivot because it is fairly bulky and can also serve as a lead if need be. The grass / poison typing is very useful, as it can absorb toxic spikes and really only worries about grass weaknesses (with the exception of psychic types).

Rotom-Wash is just a very good pivot overall. With the access to STAB volt-switch, it is a good pivot that hits fairly hard. I run a defensive set so that it can withstand various hits while trying to wear down the opponent with volt switch and will-o-wisp.

Landorus-T is a very good switch in to physical attackers due to intimidate. It also takes care bulky steel types fairly well due to it's high attack stat. Knock Off is good to make the opposing Pokemon weaker as its aim is to knock off life orb or various choice items. The typing also provides a ground immunity, which is pretty decent for a defensive wall.

These three were the core of my team, and in testing, they put in work against all the teams I've played against. If these three mons stay alive, my game is pretty much won (based on my experiences.)

Now we have the other Pokemon I stuck on my team.

Mew serves as the specially defensive role that the pivots on my team could not fill. Switching Mew into a special attacker allows Mew to will-o-wisp the enemy or defog, removing threats from the field or putting them on a timer. Psychic as a stab move is decent against poison types, and soft boiled is good recovery if my Mew ever gets low enough.

Hydreigon serves as the wallbreaker on my team. STAB dark pulse and draco meteor hits almost every mon very hard, with the exception of fairy and steel types. We have fire blast to deal with the steel types, and I included excadrill to deal with the fairy types. I also included roost so that hydreigon can recover if need be, which couples well with life orb. It's decent speed allows it to outspeed most walls, and even some offensive pokemon.

That leaves us with scarf excadrill. STAB iron head absolutely destroys fairy types, and the inclusion of the other moves serve as a good check to various mons such as flying types (and in rare cases, fire types). The inclusion of brick break is to break screens and deal with bulky normal types such as Chansey. It's a very good revenge killer as well, and I often use it to deal the finishing blow to opposing Pokemon.

Overall, I feel this is a pretty solid team. However, I feel like maybe there is something I can do better. Any feedback or criticism on the team would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :]

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Scald

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird

Really wanted to make a team around Dragalge, due to it's combination of still impressive power and massive special bulk with an Assault Vest. Outside of Steels and Chansey, not much can switch in repeatedly, especially with the freedom to switch attacks in case any Fairies come in. Only problem was in my experience, it gets worn down fairly easily, therefore Alomomola was picked to provide Wish support. The two have excellent synergy - Dragalge has no problem switching into Grass / Electric attacks (or even a Toxic), while a number of Steel / Ground types can't touch Alomomola.

As Dragalge isn't really a win condition, Mega Diancie was picked to capitalise on the Steels that Dragalge would be weakening. Dragalge also comes in for free against bulky Waters and Mega Venusaur, while Diancie can come in against certain Dragons which may switch into Dragalge after it faints something.

This left two issues - Chansey and Steel types with recovery (IE Skarmory / Jirachi). Brought in Mixed Thundurus to benefit from Skarmory and Jirachi coming in, while the mixed set might surprise Chansey into a Knock-Off. Conkeldurr was brought in to capitalise on Chansey coming in against Dragalge - the Sheer Force set also can beat Skarmory, which would aid Diancie. Finally, Specially Defensive Skarmory was added as extra insurance against Mega Venusaur and to prevent certain Fairy types from wrecking the team.

Can't really remember why I picked Conkeldurr and not, say, CBTar. Might have been I thought I'd get further hammered by Gliscor. Would Vaporeon be a decent Alomomola swap in that case? Wouldn't mind the Heal Bell support.

Edit: Jesus Christ, that Alomomola.

Last edited:
Reactions: amg

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Splash Plate
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Roost / Defog

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
Hi, got another team. This one isnt as good as my previous one I posted here I don't think, but its been working okay at least. This is the team I've been using with nidoking. I wanted to start off with a nido + offense breaker dynamic, and i ended up going with nido + mega manectric. I made one with mlop too but that team turned out terrible. The first thing i wanted to pair these two with was keldeo. Keld gave a way to pressure stuff like hippo and ttar which bother manectric (and nido too to an extent) while giving me a check to bish. I ended up going for resttalk keld in the end because bish became very threatening (two intim users, two psychics, and a lot of my team frail) and its always nice to be more solid against weavile on offense. Next I added lando, which gives me a rocker and completes a volt turn core with mega manectric to get nido in safely and do all the other stuff voltturn usually does. Lando-t is also my check to mega lop, zardx, and excadrill. I prefer knock off lando here because it helps with stall which is frustrating to break with only the mons i have on the team (like half of it getting walled by chansey kind of sucks). Stone edge is another option that helps to ease pressure on manectric to handle talon (wisp variants are kind of aids to handle tho). Latias was added next as it gave me a way to deal with keldeo, opposing manectric, raikou, etc. I chose it over latios because stuff like manectric really appreciates the extra fuel from healing wish when trying to take on talon, and lando-t also appreciates the ability to be healed up to take on threats like zardx even if it has to handle sand at the same time. You can run latios here if you want i guess though. Metagross was added in the final slot as it gave me something to pursuit trap latis with (like my entire team gets threatened by them lol) and also a check to stuff like zam which murders me otherwise. In addition it gives me a check to clef which is handled by nido but its always nice to have a little extra insurance. General threatlist is like bisharp, alakazam + spikes, gengar, birdspam, and sand + certain breakers that can overwhelm lando.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Fire Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Trying to make a team off of Diggersby, its a pretty good wallbreaker, because its speed it likes pivots to switch it in safety, then wreck some havoc. The whole point of the team really is to support diggersby so it can break holes on the opposing team, leaving room for m-alt,ttar, etc to do their stuff. Latias deals with common special attackers like Keldeo, Volcanio, and clears hazards for the team. Tyranitar to able to pursuit stuff like Latios, check talonflame/thundy, and provides a lot of support for the team, while Jirachi is my rocker and check to the ever so common Clef and also is able to help pivot diggersby into a safe switch.
I'm not the best here, but this team has been giving me decent success,although i still feel there is a lot of stuff i need to patch on this team. I insta-click X to Medicham, unless i get the luckiest roll on my rotom to burn it, Nidoking is threatening aswell. Thundy i have no decent check for at all, except scarf ttar, and if it is para'ed or something i pretty much lose aswell.I rely alot on my ttar to beat stuff like +2 bisharp and thundy. Im also feeling my team is way too slow, with my fastest mon being scarf ttar, and i do very poorly with stuff like mlop+sand and annoying volturn stuff like mmane+Pivot or something like that. I've been testing some changes to my team(Ex.LO SR exca+scarf ttar, slowbro>rotom, double dance lando>diggersby) but i don't think I've tested them enough to say if they're good or not.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Dugtrio @ Custap Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Endure

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Illuminate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

So I wanted to build around Volcarona as I have seen many teams that would basically get 6-0'd by Volcarona. I paired it with Custap Dugtrio which supports it by trapping and killing both Charizard forms, Talonflame, Tyranitar, Heatran, Terrakion etc. which help Volcarona as these mons can cause it trouble. Custap allows Dugtrio to have priority after it Endures up on something which more reliably does the job better than sash. Now I implemented Starmie as my hazard remover because Defog is counter productive when keeping in mind a Volcarona sweep. Ferrothorn was added next to help vs. Steels, Dragons, and Fairies. It also lays up spikes for a potential Volcarona sweep. I added Mega Manectric to help vs bulky waters and function as the teams flying resist. It also gave the team speed. Garchomp was added to be the teams rocker. I opted for the Offensive Life Orb with Stealth Rock and Swords Dance since Chansey could be quite troublesome. Please point out any glaring issues.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Dugtrio @ Custap Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Endure

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Illuminate
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

So I wanted to build around Volcarona as I have seen many teams that would basically get 6-0'd by Volcarona. I paired it with Custap Dugtrio which supports it by trapping and killing both Charizard forms, Talonflame, Tyranitar, Heatran, Terrakion etc. which help Volcarona as these mons can cause it trouble. Custap allows Dugtrio to have priority after it Endures up on something which more reliably does the job better than sash. Now I implemented Starmie as my hazard remover because Defog is counter productive when keeping in mind a Volcarona sweep. Ferrothorn was added next to help vs. Steels, Dragons, and Fairies. It also lays up spikes for a potential Volcarona sweep. I added Mega Manectric to help vs bulky waters and function as the teams flying resist. It also gave the team speed. Garchomp was added to be the teams rocker. I opted for the Offensive Life Orb with Stealth Rock and Swords Dance since Chansey could be quite troublesome. Please point out any glaring issues.

The team seems good and the only glaring issues i see are those mistakes you made: dugtrio has no EVs/nature, starmie has illuminate instead of analytic, garchomp with sand veil instead of rough skin and not that it matters but you don't have those extra 4 EVs

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The team is really weak to scarf lando-t and lacks a ground immunity. It needs a ground immune mon thats another large weakness that needs to be fixed.

This is a team I used in one of FV's sub specials (don't watch it, I made the worst choke of my life and lost)

keldeo.gif
azumarill.gif
garchomp.gif
metagross-mega.gif
thundurus.gif
latios.gif

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast/Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Thundurus @ Sky Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Pursuit Mmeta+Keld is solid so I built around it. HP Flying Thund lures Mega Venusaur and does really well vs stall/fata balance. Garchomp prevents mlop and tflame from 6-0'ing (some other stuff too) and it gets up rocks. Azu checks more pwerful special attackers (could probably put something else here but I have no idea what). Lati defogs and because I'm using a draco+hp fire recover set it appreciates venu and tran being taken care of by the rest of the team.

FlamingVictini you seemed to confused as to the hidden power on thund, so it's hp flying.

ericaroselia thanks I fixed those

AM in teambuilding I figured Ferrothorn would be able to hold off scarf lando with leech seed and protect ut I didn't run any calcs, but now I added Rotom-W for it and now that there was an electric type I figured switching Manectric for Lopunny to help vs Dark types and stall mons such as Sableye and Chansey. Scarf Drill can be dealt with by Dugtrio if need be.

thanks!

Scotti

we back.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

A pretty fun team I made around Stored Power Mega Latias. It is a surprisingly solid team that does well in most battles, but of course it has weaknesses. One mon that I hate playing against is Mega Scizor, as keldeo is my best bet against, and I also have heat wave on torn, for extra precautionary measures. Fairies can also be troublesome, but ferro + exca does well against them for the most part. Im tired as hell and I can't think of much, so just enjoy the team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

A pretty fun team I made around Stored Power Mega Latias. It is a surprisingly solid team that does well in most battles, but of course it has weaknesses. One mon that I hate playing against is Mega Scizor, as keldeo is my best bet against, and I also have heat wave on torn, for extra precautionary measures. Fairies can also be troublesome, but ferro + exca does well against them for the most part. Im tired as hell and I can't think of much, so just enjoy the team.
An ezpz change you can make is slapping on resttalk Keld over specs for Scizor since it increases its longevity. You can also make Torn-T orb since resttalk keldeo makes the team kind of passive and just helps the stall matchup seeing as u get 6-0ed by standard Mega Sableye Stall as well as how redundant AV Torn + Mega Latias is. Would just like to say I think I've seen you use this before in SPL and it looked solid and I spammed the hell out of this on the ladder with and without the changes I'm suggesting. The team is just super solid either way.

This was a offensive team I made a while ago, maybe around March?

It's a nice FWG(and FDS) core between Azumarill, Heatran and Mega Sceptile, Mega Sceptile being the Pokemon the team is centered around. Heatran can check fairies, most dragons and fire types that Azumarill can't always handle like Talonflame for Sceptile. Azumarill baits electrics and takes on most dragons for Mega Sceptile while Heatran takes on grasses. I feel I can do better with the last three Pokemon because Stealth Rock and hazards hurt this team really badly as well as replace something with a physical wall. I think I added Gengar as a taunter and a ground check, Kyurem-Black as a mixed wallbreaker and Thundurus as a set-up mon and T-Wave support.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 12 Atk / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Ttar.png lando.png starmie.png volc.png Mgarde.png talon.png
Importable: http://hastebin.com/xogaroforo.md

So I built this team mostly because I like Mgarde and I wanted to try Volcanion. It did pretty well on the ladder and peaked at 1916. It is weak to some common things (specifically Mmedi). It is also very weak to certain sweepers such as Mgyara, Mpinsir, and Malt. I think, for the most part, the team is solid. However, I have been considering some adjustments that I think could make it better.

CB Tyranitar is an excellent breaker and is key in the team's stall matchup. Pursuit does about 50 % to Chansey and stone edge hits everything except quag hard enough to 2hko. It also provides valuable pursuit support for Volcanion. The team otherwise looks weak to electrics and band Tyranitar can actually pursuit trap many of them, which is another plus.

Landorus-T is a very nice blanket check to physical attackers, and putting on rocky helmet is key to wearing many of them down. Specifically, I need to get a little bit of chip damage on Mgyara before Talon can successfully revenge kill it. Landorus also provides my team with stealth rocks and can gain momentum with U-turn. Stone edge is on here over knock because it helps with pinsir, talon, and bulky volc, which can't ohko with fiery dance.

Starmie is crucial to remove hazards for Talon. I'm considering changing it to defensive to spin more consistently, and I just recently changed thunderbolt to psychic so I can deal with Keld more easily. Ice beam because I don't want to miss lando and gliscor and I want to hit chomp, although hp fire is nice for Ferro it isn't really an option here. Starmie also is able to check Diancie more consistently than lando can, which is much appreciated.

Specs Volcanion is absurdly strong, and can 2hko a huge portion of the meta. It also helps vs non-eq Mgyara. I have HP Grass just since I'm super weak to those water absorb water/grounds and it's nice for some other less bulky waters like keld. Sludge wave is there since it provides a way to 2hko clef even with cm and a nice check to Malt.

Mgarde is another powerful breaker, and it is also very important in the offense matchup thanks to its solid speed and good spdef. I have will-o-wisp because I have bandtar for chansey and it's nice to weaken and wear down steels such as jirachi, scizor, and metagross. It can also act as an emergency check to bisharp. The rest of the moves are self-explanatory. A big consideration of mine is switching this to taunt since I don't have a taunt user and changing the talon to a bulky SD set to help with those steels and bisharp.

Talonflame is a great sweeper with swords dance. Now I know that sharp beak is a bad set and defensive is much better rn, but I think I need the power to consistently revenge kill Mgyara. I think bulky SD might be able to get the job done since I can intimidate gyara with lando and then it can't kill garde, but that feels shaky since Gyara can't be adamant and garde can only switch into rocks once if that's gonna work. I really think the switch might be worth it though, and I would like some opinions on that.

Attachments

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Bounce

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

I've spent a lot of time learning about the basics of team building and hoping for feedback on one of my favorite teams. I wanted to build around 3 Attacks Mega Gyarados, who is definitely an uncommon threat that most teams aren't prepared for. I liked that he was just as useful non-mega as he was a mega, so I wanted to build a team that takes advantage of his two faces. Weavile is my wallbreaker and forms a pseudo Dark Spam core with Mega Gyara. Raikou is the necessary Thundurus switch in, and I went with Toxic for the Hippo switch ins. Gyara covers most Ice-types, so I went to with Sub SD Chomp, who equally puts pressure on offensive/defensive builds and can check electric types occasionally. Latias and Metagross are the support. Defog isn't essential, but it makes using Gyarados a lot easier, especially late-game (if I'm lucky enough to get off both a Defog and a Healing Wish) and makes things against the uncommon Mega Venusaur easier. Metagross is my Fairy switch in, Rocks setter, and the only member of the team who can do much to Ferrothorn. These two have to perform a lot of jobs, which they do pretty well most of the time.

Some obvious issues are the aforementioned Ferrothorn. If Metagross is KO'd, I have to hope that I can boost up enough to break it down. Bulky grounds can be annoying since my main way to handle them is Weavile, who takes Rocks damage and then has to hope he's not switching into an attack. Scizor is a minor annoyance since he likes to switch in on Latias and Weavile, but the other team members handle him well. I'm sure there are other issues but I don't have the wherewithal to think of them. What do you guys think? I encourage you to play around with it; it's a fun team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394768954
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394766755
Hey man, I don't usually post in these things but I really wanted to try out this dark spam core (and mega dos cause I never use him). Some changes I immediately made before even testing the team was LO > CB Weavile. This is just a personal preference that puts a lot of pressure on your opponent rather than yourself such as thinking between pursuit and knock off.

I didn't think having 3 wincons in mega dos / cm raikou / and sub salac chomp was necessary and you have a big weakness to opposing weaviles, so I threw on scarf keldeo, a reliable weavile check and it adds some more speed on this team (also running substitute as the last move slot because knock off switch ins are inevitable but icy wind / hp flying/bug / focus blast / taunt are cool options too). With scarf keldeo, hippowdon should no longer be that much of a threat so I put CM > toxic on raikou with enough EV's to not break his sub vs lava plume tran and moon blast clefable.

After testing a few matches on the ladder, metagross was pulling 0 weight so I opted for yache defensive lando-I (I put enough attack EV's to have an average roll to OHKO mega manec at -1 but also enough to make sure he faints to rocks damage upon switching in). Another mon that steamrolls this team is mega gardevoir so I also put poison jab > ice shard on weavile as this also hits azumarill, another nuisances to the team. I think people blindly put ice shard on weaviles without realizing that the team needs it. The only perks ice shard is hitting is thundurus-t imo which is not a threat to this team with raikou and latias.

The final change might be kind of strange but I opted to change mega dos's move set to crunch / bounce / earthquake. You don't really have any solid answers to rotom-w as latias just gets volt turned on. The team actually won more games with sub cm raikou so bounce is there to whittle grass types and to pressure opposing keldeos.

Good luck and let me know how the team fits you, most of these mods are to my own play style so yeah.

updated team:
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 52 Atk / 240 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Flygoner818

Last edited:
Hey man, I don't usually post in these things but I really wanted to try out this dark spam core (and mega dos cause I never use him). Some changes I immediately made before even testing the team was LO > CB Weavile. This is just a personal preference that puts a lot of pressure on your opponent rather than yourself such as thinking between pursuit and knock off.

I didn't think having 3 wincons in mega dos / cm raikou / and sub salac chomp was necessary and you have a big weakness to opposing weaviles, so I threw on scarf keldeo, a reliable weavile check and it adds some more speed on this team (also running substitute as the last move slot because knock off switch ins are inevitable but icy wind / hp flying/bug / focus blast / taunt are cool options too). With scarf keldeo, hippowdon should no longer be that much of a threat so I put CM > toxic on raikou with enough EV's to not break his sub vs lava plume tran and moon blast clefable.

After testing a few matches on the ladder, metagross was pulling 0 weight so I opted for yache defensive lando-I (I put enough attack EV's to have an average roll to OHKO mega manec at -1 but also enough to make sure he faints to rocks damage upon switching in). Another mon that steamrolls this team is mega gardevoir so I also put poison jab > ice shard on weavile as this also hits azumarill, another nuisances to the team. I think people blindly put ice shard on weaviles without realizing that the team needs it. The only perks ice shard is hitting is thundurus-t imo which is not a threat to this team with raikou and latias.

The final change might be kind of strange but I opted to change mega dos's move set to crunch / bounce / earthquake. You don't really have any solid answers to rotom-w as latias just gets volt turned on. The team actually won more games with sub cm raikou so bounce is there to whittle grass types and to pressure opposing keldeos.

Good luck and let me know how the team fits you, most of these mods are to my own play style so yeah.

updated team:
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 52 Atk / 240 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Flygoner818
The team was good by itself, without Metagross u die to Latios or Latias and maybe a well played Clefable cuz poison jab dont kill, etc.

The team was good by itself, without Metagross u die to Latios or Latias and maybe a well played Clefable cuz poison jab dont kill, etc.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Metagross: 148-175 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

can you please continue to tell me how metagross is a reliable check to latios?

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 101-121 (25.6 - 30.7%) -- 2.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A team losing to a well played _______ is the most useless information ever. With that logic every team is weak to clefable

Reactions: zbr
LOL. yes you did typo. last i remembered, lando-i was banned.
oops I thought you meant I typo'd into saying yache defensive as to offensive. Yeah lando doge form my b

e: fixed it

sub keldeo:
Turn 23
Keldeo used Scald!
The opposing Bisharp lost 64% of its health!

The opposing Bisharp used Knock Off!
It's not very effective... Keldeo lost 34.7% of its health!
[Keldeo's Justified!]
Keldeo's Attack rose!
The opposing Bisharp knocked off Keldeo's Choice Scarf!
The opposing Bisharp lost some of its HP!

Turn 24
The opposing Bisharp used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!

Keldeo used Substitute!
Keldeo put in a substitute!
Keldeo lost 24.8% of its health!

Turn 25
The opposing Bisharp used Sucker Punch!
It's not very effective... Keldeo's substitute faded!
The opposing Bisharp lost some of its HP!

Keldeo used Secret Sword!
It's super effective! The opposing Bisharp lost 16% of its health!

The opposing Bisharp fainted!
[player] won the battle!

e2: going to test specially defensive rachi > latias to have better draco switch ins but lately I haven't had a single problem vs drags; comfortably hanging around the high 1700s low 1800s on my alt

Last edited:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Metagross: 148-175 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

can you please continue to tell me how metagross is a reliable check to latios?

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 101-121 (25.6 - 30.7%) -- 2.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 226-268 (57.3 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A team losing to a well played _______ is the most useless information ever. With that logic every team is weak to clefable

sorry was my mistake, readed bad the moveset of metagross and its item, sorry u.u

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
got another team o.o

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Fire Blast / Iron Head

Started out with megacham + torn-t as my foundation. M-cham is an absolute beast right now tearing through defensive cores lacking msableye like paper. This thing is a threat to most teams EVERY time it comes in. You can just mindlessly spam hjk and get kills, its absolutely insane. Av torn-t does a great job of supporting megacham by switching into a few of its revenge killers like gengar and keldeo while also breaking through venu since medi isnt running zenbutt. In addition to this it provides a nice pivot to bring megacham in safely and also lures in things like heatran, gliscor, rotom-w, and ttar for megacham to come in on and destroy. I added heatran next to give me a clefable and mzor check while also providing a rocker. I went for stallbreaker here just to provide that additional bit of power to blast past stall since medi cant pressure them because of sableye. Rotom-w was put in the next slot to give the team a way to come in on stuff like excadrill and lando-t while also maintaining momentum and spreading burns. Next was clefable which gave me a check to kyube, mdiancie, and electrics. In addition to this it was a great way of pressuring msableye builds as it could wall just about everything up until this point with a bit of luck. Furthermore clef serves as a twave spreader to slow things down for medi to take on later. Finally, scarf chomp provided a great revenge killer for most of the threats this team struggled with or wasnt very solid against beforehand including eq zardx, manaphy, zardy, mpinsir, pup mlopunny, megagross, and electrics in general. I slashed fire blast with iron head because you can run iron head to be more solid vs clef. Team's still fairly weak to clef and manaphy regardless though so watch out for those two.

I have a team I'd like to share c:

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

EVs: 248 HP / 174 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

So the main goal of the team was abuse mega pinsir plus hazards until I realized it doesn't abuse them to well because a lot of it's checks levitate,that's when I had the idea to try out smack down lando as it can lure in a lot of pinsirs checks such as rotom opposing lando etc and then threaten them with eq,when using this team you just want to set up hazards and punch holes with band tar keldeo and smack down lando until a sweeping opportunity presents pinsir or any other of it's team mates.

Feel free to Critique it's very appreciated.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
To preface I couldn't careless for critiques, not in a jackass kind of way, mostly cause I'm not looking for improvements and I rather make my own improvements when necessary as I normally do through my own play tests.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
I posted this team in the research thread for the week of Lucario but I changed Zard-X to Outrage from bludz suggestion through a casual talk which has helped a lot to plow through checks like M-Bro who normally don't care about DClaw. To make the longer story short, the goal of the team is to rack up hazards to have Zard-X or Lucario win end-game, whichever comes first and or is more effective based on the matchup. So people get an idea of how it functions here is a replays.

Showing one practical use of Outrage for this team - Also Torn-I is a dick lol

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 224 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
This team isn't that simple to use but I like using for general test games or casual games with pals or players. Most sets are pretty standard in terms of moves, others serve a lure purpose like Toxic Excadrill for the dependency of Rotom-W and Lando-T used as Excadrill switch ins. Has better matchups against most stuff except super heavy stall, the sand match-up is a bit debatable though. M-Sableyes last move depends on preference personally. Kind of not a big fan of Fake Out even if everyone and their mother uses it, while the utility of Foul Play can stop SD Lum Chomp and Char-X from sweeping the team out. Colbur Slowking improves your matchup against stuff like TTar and SD Gliscor.

Test game with Breloommyhomie working on a rate for a team - Good to show what happens if you don't play carefully around balance breakers, hence the first point.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)