Scizor @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Spd / 200 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Roost

I don't know what you want me to tell you. It's Scizor. I think it's nice having two set-up pokemons and avoiding a voltturn team. Scizor isn't the most creative of pokemon, but the set isn't the standard CB one.
Soooo, why should there be Scizor?

Honestly, I'm going to be unoriginal and give AAB again, with the inclusion of SpDef. Rotom-W I think they can work fairly well in a one-two semi-defensive combo.

AAB (Annoying Ass Breloom)
Breloom @Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute

Yes Subseed Breloom, if you don't like it, then I suggest you get out right now. Well then again, if you're facing one, I guess it can get frustrating, seeing as this set has a lot of support going for it: healing from Leech Seed, Status Absorbing, healing from Status, Sleep move, Substitute, and a stab that gives even more healing! It's moves are fairly self-explanatory: Leech Seed and Substitute for the whole subseed business, not to mention that together with Toxic Orb, Breloom is capable of producing Substitutes without any costs: as Leech Seed and Toxic Orb give back 25% of it's health. Spore is also a fairly normal choice: I mean, it's bloody Breloom: playing Breloom without Spore is like eating Toast without some tasty Butter & Jam combo: you're doing it wrong and should feel ashamed.
The only thing that's different from the normal site-set is Drain Punch over Focus Punch. Whilst Focus Punch is indeed incredibly powerful as a move, I always felt that the semi-negative priority and the reliance on substitute/incredible prediction works against me: so I eventually replaced it on my own team with Drain Punch: giving additional healing, a good Stab option and being somewhat more reliable than Focus Punch. Along with the incredible healing from Toxic Orb + Leech Seed and Drain Punch, Breloom just won't die all too ofton (especially on the ladder), and I found that Breloom is far bulkier with that additional healing that his stats give way.
Additional mindgames can be played if you want: the most common set that Breloom uses is the Technican SD set (with good reason..), as predictable as it is. This set can make incredible use of predictable SD set, because if you play the ladder, it's quite obvious that SDloom will use Spore at the first chance it gets. However this set doesn't need to do so, as it has the bulk and utility to take care of whatever switch in: whether it is sleep fodder or a counter like Latios. As such being able to save it's sleep move for a truely threatening pokémon: like reuniclus, or KyuB.
Of course, getting past it's own counters won't be happening anytime soon however: which is sad. But it does provide a far less used part of Loom's small arsenal of moves. Yet most physical attackers will be left in the dust against li'l ol' loom thanks to it's amazing healing potential. And is no real set-up fodder against any physical pokémon that attempts to set-up against it once Loom used it's spore against something else. It's biggest flaw, other than being cannon fodder against it's usual counters (unless it switches or is behind a substitute) is that it's slow in a meta that favors even more speed. Despite this, it's slowness can work in it's favors at times, much like gastrodon.
With the recent inclusion of Rotom-W, this set can work better as a two-wall combo, with Rotom-W taking fire, flying and ice attacks with reasonable ease. Whilst Breloom covers Rotom-W lack of utility, other than status, and it's lower defense. Will-o-Wisp also helps Brelooms semi-stalling capabilities whilst maintaining enough pressure.
Disclaimer: don't quote me on whether it's slowness hinders it not so much, I've used it on the same as my 'divide et imperia' Liepard and TR reuniclus, so speed wasn't an issue.

Good Submissions so far guys.

@Hot N Cold I suggest that you put Superpower on that Dragonite in order to hit Air Balloon Heatran hard. This way neither Landorus-T's nor Dragonite's offensive power is mitigated by Air Balloon Heatran.

As of now, I would really like a wallbreaker for the offensive direction this team is going in. A common trend I see with the wallbreakers submitted at this point is that they are weak to ice (that scizor isn't wallbreaking anything anytime soon). I think it would be important for us to keep up a large amount of offensive pressure without fearing a bulky water with Ice Beam / HP Ice to tank a hit or a Mamoswine waiting in the wing. We do not have a pokemon to set up SR yet, and I really don't want to leave it to our glue to pick up the task. Lastly, I also have noticed that we are pretty slow for an offensive team overall. We are only outspeeding at neutral base 100's with out team, which is a pretty low cap!

Ladies and gentleman it is time to pick up the pace and power. I introduce you to the one and only: SR Terrakion!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Speed, wallbreaking power, and an awesome lead all in one set. Terrakion has very similar counters and checks to Landorus-T, so he is a great partner offensively. Many teams will crumble to countering the power of both SD Landorus-T and SD Terrakion in one check. We already have Jirachi acting as a lure for Gliscor and Rotom-W to switch in to Gliscor, so Terrakion will eventually find a way through Gliscor. Terrakion is also a great lead to set up SR, since not many Pokemon can outspeed to Taunt it. Outside of wearing down Landorus-T's counters, Terrakion is meant to be the speedy offensive presence this team needs.

Scotti

we back.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

• Come on we should pick this TTar over here. You can just looks at the picks so far and it screms Sand Team straight up. Thats why i think we should use Choice Band Ttar because it provides some good Synergy with the team and it get rid of annoying psychic and ghost types like Celebi, Slowking, Slowbro, Jellicent, and you get it. Not only that, but with TTar monster attack it can also become an awesome wallbreaker. The EV spread is to allow you to outspeed speed creeping jelly. Ttar is a pokemon i think we should pick because we need a pokemon to weaken the opponent physical walls, so Landorus-T would have an easier time going through physical walls.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK time's up everyone. Here are the candidates:

Choice Scarf Latios
Bulky SD Scizor
Choice Band Dragonite
Toxic Orb Breloom
Stealth Rock Terrakion
Choice Band Tyranitar

To review the sets please click here.

Everyone gets 2 votes. You must use all of your votes. Your votes must be on seperate submissions.

Deadline is 2 days from now.

you can vote for your own set

Last edited:
toxic orb breloom
choice band dragonite

I think that for this team we need a secondary rain check (water spam mostly) + physical threat that support Landorus-T.

Choice Band Tyranitar
Choice Scarf Latios

this is going sand oriented, and latios makes a pretty good scarf on a sand team too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)