Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedor

thiccc
i decided to let the voting round go for an extra day to get the maximum amount of votes in! thank you for everyone who submitted cores and voted, it is much appreciated. here are the results:
-----
mega pidgeot + azumarill + garchomp | 4 votes
volcarona + mega gyarados | 3 votes
chestnaught + landorus-t + rotom-w | 0 votes
mega pidgeot + bisharp + latias | 0 votes
azumarill + mega lopunny | 0 votes
reuniclus + clefable | 3 votes
politoed + mega swampert | 5 votes
mega medicham + magnezone | 1 vote
toxicroak + mega manectric | 1 vote
lucario + latios | 6 votes
mega scizor + garchomp | 1 vote
-----

based on what you guys have voted for, latios + lucario won by just one vote, which means that is what we will be building around!

this means i am opening the suggestion phase for the third pokemon on the team alongside the core. you guys have from now until april 9th (exactly one week from now) to recommend partners.

as this is a more offensively based core that applies pressure, it is recommended that you guys think more offensively when suggesting something; due to the cores inability to take hits from faster threats, a small defensive core will most likely be implemented to help with that. basically if you're unfamiliar with the core, latios can function as a wallbreaker that pressure sd lucario's checks, while being vulnerable to pursuit trappers, thus allowing lucario to freely setup. other than that, lets have fun with this :3

Why do I never get updates for this thread ;-; well whatever lol

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Jirachi gives us a Fairy resistance, a revenge killer, speed, and two amazing ways to bring in Lucario in Healing Wish and U-turn. It's a simple Pokemon so not really sure what else to say haha, just fits really well on this team rn o.o

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

I think Azumarill keeps offensive pressure while completing a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core. Helps breaks fat grounds to help Lucario sweep. Azumarill apreciates how the other members rid of poison and steel types.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Sucker Punch

Currently, the team lacks a fast ghost type counter: Gengar and friends wreck it. I present Bisharp as the solution. In addition to synergyzing well with Latios, Bisharp allows you to kill a large number of threats, like fairies (note the lack of a steel type move on Lucario) and ghosts. Pursuit allows you to revenge kill ghosts and Latios, while Sucker Punch let's you get off another hit. Low Sweep is for surprise coverage on Heatran and the like.

not an actual mon submission, just some traction on where the build should go exactly since i'm not very keen on the waiting game in terms of workshops. ok getting it off my chest, we should just finish the mandatory backbone asap or it'll get annoying later on in the build and a workshop would be forced for damage control. finishing off the offensive core is really easy anyways after you've got a backbone to support well picked choices; it won't take much slots to incorporate all of that while still leaving room for possible breakers n' sweepers as a follow-up. i think what should be covered first would be the rock setter to ensure ko's for when luke has an sd up and just pressuring the oppo in general, later the secondary steel for a blanket check for the usual weaks, lastly if the roles weren't compressed already i'd prefer if there's at least 2 decent ways of applying pressure against rain & sand offense. if the team's lacking in speed control at the end of the teambuilding phase, either the team can fit in at least 2-3 strong priority mons or maybe latios could be changed to a scarf set for a revenge killer, more or less having more counterplay against annoying set up sweepers while still being able to cripple fatmons /w trick and offense mons /w memento, who knows if we could fit in a better revenge killer. quick tl;dr for that part, first priorities right now are in this order: backbone consisting of #1 rock setter (most likely a ground), #2 bulky steel, #3 speed control. since finishing the offensive core will be really easy after this, it's doesnt take much time to take a glance at the team and see what'd be nice to form an offensive battery core.

but yeah, in terms of rock setters it goes a few ways such as either going for a ground like chomper & land-t; defensive helm or offensive sd yache both are nice, both have their pros and cons but if i'm going the priority spam route, i'd use helm chomp as it abuses the recoil damage to put stuff in priority range, if i'm going set up spam offense to overload checks and whatnot, i'd use yache sd sets on either one of them to remove electrics t1 so they're not a bother later, if i want a more defined backbone i'd obviously go helm land-t for its defensive capabilities and compression. aside from the grounds, there's still a few decent options for good rockers; could slap on the good ol' sand off core of sash / smooth rock leadttar + sd balloon driller but i think while the offensive pressure is hella nice, the defensive stature would be annoying to cover later on, spdef utility rachi would be solid for compressing the role of a bulky steel, body slam slows down stuff, u-turns out for a momentum generator and other cool stuff but i'm not a fan of having more than one pursuit bait unless there's at least 2 set up sweepers that abuse the bait of a scarftar or weavile, maybe like a bd azu. there's a few other options for a rock setter that i won't go into since it'll be pretty subjective depending on how the team goes. with an offensive core like this there's a lot of possible ways to go that i haven't mentioned, but these are probably the most consistent options overall, don't let this thread die '~'.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect

Mega Beedrill is an excellent Pokemon to supply this core, as STAB U-Turn hits Dark-types extremely well and if a Dark type move is predicted, then U-Turn allows Lucario to go into a Justified boost. On top of that, the weakness of Fairies are covered with a STAB Poison Jab. Knock Off helps get rid of pesky items like Eviolite on Chansey or a Rocky Helmet on a Rough Skin Garchomp, which would put a massive dent on our Lucario.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet / Lum Berry / Focus Sash / Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature / Naive Nature
- Swords Dance / Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

i think standard offensive rocks garchomp would work nicely on this team. like paper dreams said, a standard backbone is better off out of the way now than forced in later. odds are, we're gonna eventually need this thing or lando-t on the team as a rocker when you look at the 2 current mons (latios & lucario). lucario does a great job of capitalizing off of latios getting pursuit trapped by tyranitar / weavile / w.e because it can come in and either set up for free or deal some damage, but it's a pretty frail pokemon, and we don't want it to be our only answer to these things latios is weak to. chomp is just plain a nice glue pokemon for this team this early on and later on in the build.

i chose offensive rocks because i'd like to see the team take a more offensive approach, but i think tankchomp can fit on this team just as well. certain offensive steels are somewhat annoying atm (mega scizor, excadrill, etc.), and tankchomp does a good job of handling them with more longevity than offensive rocks.

honestly though, if a more defensive rocker is chosen for this team, i'd just go with a more bulky lando-t:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn / Swords Dance

there are clearly different spreads here, but that can be ironed out later on. anyways, this has essentially the same reasoning as chomp... just that if a bulkier rocker is preferred, i think this is a better option than tankchomp because it handles excadrill, for example, more effectively, and we have means of handling bisharp in lucario. this still takes pressure off lucario, just in a more defensively inclined way. if swords dance is chosen, i'd go with a slightly more offensive spread (Nedor definitely has one) so it can actually be used effectively while still preserving lando-t's bulk.

Nedor

thiccc
hello! i've not being neglecting this thread, i decided to give you guys an extra day for the maximum amount of recommendations. thank you to everyone who suggested a partner, here are your options to vote for:
----
choice scarf jirachii
bisharp
mega beedrill
garchomp / landorus-t
----
when voting, keep in mind the starting core we are building around is sd lucario + latios.

to vote, simply write down the 'mons name (preferably in bold). the voting phase will go from now & end on the night of thursday, april 14th (EST | 4/14).

if you are unsure on what to vote on, you can read this post by paper dreams (thanks buddy). as we are building around a two 'mon core this time around, i don't feel like a workshop will be necessary until later on in the build, potentially.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
landot cause then we don't have to worry about hazard later in the build past this and zardx is a menace

land-t / chomper pls, i'd rather have the latter though. ethanlol nah, there's nothing wrong with being brief although bd azu is most likely better here than band cause it exerts more pressure on the oppositions backbone as there's a lack of checks to it as a whole and can abuse sitrus berry to blanket check stuff more easily; band sounds o_k for the stronger priority but i don't think i'd use azu as a breaker here.

land-t / chomper pls, i'd rather have the latter though. ethanlol nah, there's nothing wrong with being brief although bd azu is most likely better here than band cause it exerts more pressure on the oppositions backbone as there's a lack of checks to it as a whole and can abuse sitrus berry to blanket check stuff more easily; band sounds o_k for the stronger priority but i don't think i'd use azu as a breaker here.
Ah I got u ty

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Uh Garchomp.

You pretty much chose the direction of the team in being a hyper offense of sorts so I don't really see the point of using Defensive Lando-T to theorize checking and countering stuff when a teams endgame is going to be a Lucario sweep / sweep by secondary win-con like most Lucario teams do anyways.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
chomper

defensive landoge slows the pace of a hyper offense team (which lucario works best in) down way too much to be worthwhile. basically am's justification above. also, hi everyone.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chomp for reasons stated above.

Lum SD for the time being imo otherwise getting up Rocks against Sableye will be impossible. This is extremely important for an offensive core that's already at a disadvantage against Sab stall so we should take preventative measures in that respect early in the build.

Just to touch on some of the other backbone stuff, Lucario sweeps almost mandate some Spikes and given the direction we are going here I would assume we will see a Klefki as it provides this as well as the aforementioned (by paper dreams) defensive Steel. Granted Ferro could technically fit in this slot but it's more of a momentum killer.

Probably leaves the last two slots wanting some other type of water resist / way to reliably beat waters so that Slowbro and whatnot don't just steamroll and then make sure the remaining slots cover at least one alternate win condition type of Mon along with some type of wallbreaker/stallbreaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)