Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Ampharos

'cause the next most fun playstyle after Wobb offense is Fabiomons

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LO SD Chomp is really cool and fun no doubt but I don't really see it as a starting point for a team or something that you build around. It's more like when you're a couple members in and want a speedy wallbreaker or something, that's my opinion though.

Double Dance Lando-T

Last edited:
scores
  • mega aerodactyl 1
  • stallbreaker gengar 2
  • offensive SD scolipede 3
  • double dance terrakion 2
  • lucario 4
  • volcarona 0
  • mega diancie 0
  • DD mega altaria 1
  • mega sharpedo 1
  • life orb SD garchomp 12
  • mega medicham 0
  • offensive SD mega scizor 1
  • utility talonflame 0
  • mega blastoise 13
  • mega ampharos 1
  • zygarde 2
  • double dance landorus-t 1
it was a close one between LO SD chomp and mega blastoise, but mega blastoise won by 1 point!

now we move on to the main part of the project: building the team around this thing. the submission period will be open from now until friday night (11/4)! in your submissions, please provide a little bit of reasoning as to why you chose that pokemon; it doesn't have to be anything extremely detailed, of course. also, things that are just plain bad & posts that have absolutely no explanation will just be omitted from the voting process.

so have fun submitting things n_n

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is good in that it both has good offensive/defensive synergy with Blastoise, opening up the potential for an FWG core, while stacking spikes, which further improves its synergy with Blastoise due to Spikes teams preferring Rapid Spin support over Defog support. All in all, I feel that it works well with Mega Blastoise.

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

I feel like Mega-Blastoise and Breloom would make a powerful core which is also relevant to the current meta, though I haven't had a chance to test it out. Breloom covers Blastoise's grass and electric weaknesses while in return Blastoise covers Loom's fire and ice weaknesses, as well as setting the team up for a FWG core. Breloom brings powerful priority to an otherwise slow core, a great cleaner/revenge killer to complement Blastoise's wallbreaking capabilities, and spore can cripple a common threat. Breloom handles the likes of Rotom-W which Blastoise hates and in return Blastoise handles Talonflame, Torn-T with ice beam, Heatran etc.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Celebi is a good partner because it takes on SubCM Keldeo for Mega Blastoise, which it can currently be set up on by. Nasty Plot passed to a Mega Blastoise is also terrifying, so it's nice in that regard. Offers good synergy in terms of typing. Mega Blastoise takes on Steel- and Dark-types, and absorbs Knock Off for that matter. Good momentum to lure in a Ghost-type, Baton Pass into Mega Blastoise, and get off a Rapid Spin. Having a Fire-type resist is great for Grass-types also. Finally, Celebi absorbs Toxic which Mega Blastoise hates, making the two a natural core.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Facade
- Roost

Specially Defensive SD Gliscor is be a fantastic partner for Mega Blastoise, as they resist each others weakness quite nicely. Gliscor can also use most of Mega Blastoises checks, such as Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, and several specially defensive walls, such as Chansey, as set up fodder. Gliscor is also a nice check to common Electric types. In return, Mega Blastoise beats Ice types, most notably Weavile, while also checking common Water types, Slowbro being the most notable.

If there's someone who loves Blastoise more than I, its Talonflame, the Smogon bird loves hazard removal from Blastoise, the turtle can also get rid of Slowbro with Dark Pulse, Lando / Garchomp with Ice Beam, and Rock types such as Tyranitar with Water Stab (Same with Heatran), in return, Talonflame gets rid of annoying grass types such as Breloom, M-Venusaur, Serperior and Ferrothorn, both are weak to electrics tho, but is minor issue since Talonflame OHKOes most of them at +2.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

I'm going to end up building this entire team.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Life orb 3 Atk + Roost Kyurem-B really works in this next slot. I would say 4 attacks with Hidden Power Fire but I like the idea of Roost providing longevity. Adding a defensive mon here would be okay but I think it'll be better to shape the defense around what the offense can't deal with. Kyurem-B takes advantage of the lack of hazards due to Blast being an excellent spinner. So it's free to switch in and out whenever. Plus they share decent synergy (Kyurem covers grass, electric) (blast covers steel) Very few mon's can switch into Kyurem's attacks so thanks to a hazard free field it'll be to poised to rip balanced and defensive teams apart.

Last edited:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Healing Wish

Bulky Latias is an electric resist and can also take hp ice from Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus LO. It synergizes well with Mega Blastoise allowing to Aura Sphere Bisharp and etc. Psyshock allows SubCm Keldeo to back off and it pressurizes Kyu-b, Lati Twins, etc to get out. HP Fire helps deal with Sp.def Mega Scizor,Klefki which is a pain or u can run Healing Wish to restore a member to max health. Latias also deals with mons like Mega Venusaur or Amoonguss. It also severely hurts Rotom-W which can volt switch. It also is fast enuf to outspeed manaphy which can set up on mega blastoise.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

AV Tangrowth gives us a solid electric resist capable of taking on most electrics, even avoiding the 2HKO from Mega Manectric's Overheat. It also helps against Breloom and Serperior, and lures Ferrothorn with HP Fire if we decide not to use Aura Sphere. Blastoise takes on Tornadus-T for it with Ice Beam, as well as Talonflame with its water STAB. Tangrowth also beats out some waters like Rotom-W, Manaphy and Keldeo that would cause Blastoise trouble.

Bah. So close.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave

Klefki is a fantastic partner for mega blastoise so i decided to leave this here. klefki provides spikes and speed control for mega blast which allows some of its coverage moves to get kos that they otherwise fall short of. on top of this due to how blastoise spins hazards away klefki's spikes wont be removed. The t wave support also allows mega blastoise to outspeed a ton of things it normally cant due to its poor speed tier which overall is really nice. That and spike stack is even better now that you know who is temporally banned for the suspect which means klefki beats the only other hazard repellent in the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)