Official OU Round 3 Non-Pokemon Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm calling this thread "Non-Pokemon Suspect Voting" because I didn't want to make multiple threads for abilities and the Evasion Clause extension.

Anyways, thank you all for participating this round. It was a long and tiresome one, but I think we all learned a lot from it, and I for one enjoyed watching the metagame evolve in a mere month. The official top 15 cutoff, after factoring alts, was PDC at 1442. That means that the top 15 + 15 cutoff rating was 1427. Here is the final list of qualified voters this round:
Aeroblacktyl
B-Lulz
Bloo
Ciele
DarkLucario
dbolt
Delta 2777
DPF
Eo Ut Mortus
EspyJoel
extra.
franky
Giga Punch
Golden Sun
hobo bob
Iconic
idiotfrommars
JabbaTheGriffin
Jibaku
JLei2k
Lady Bug
Lamppost
little loven
LizardMan
Luphrous
M Dragon
Meru
Oristeros
PDC
Pidge
PttP
RazorX
Requiem[9]
snorlax
Snunch
Stallion
Super Mario Bro
symphonyx64
TEzeon
TobesMcGobes
undisputed
wilson46
zapzap29

Congratulations to those of you who qualified. Now that that's out of the way, here are the non-Pokemon suspect nominations which passed that you can vote on:

Bright Powder + Lax Incense
Drizzle
Drought

You may vote to Ban, Do Not Ban, or Abstain on these three suspects. Please note that if Bright Powder + Lax Incense were to be banned, it would be an extension of Evasion Clause. In other words, they would be banned across all metagames which use Evasion Clause. You might note that Sand Veil + Snow Cloak did not pass the nomination phase. This was a difficult decision for us to make. The bottom line is, none of the nominations for these evasion abilities even mentioned the fact that it would result in a soft-ban for multiple Pokemon. Nominations are not to be taken lightly; if you want something to be put on the ballot, cover all your angles when nominating things. We simply could not accept such an incomplete nomination.

Here is an example of a proper ballot, so please format your posts like this:
Sample Ballot said:
Bright Powder + Lax Incense: Ban
Drizzle: Do Not Ban
Drought: Abstain
Remember: if you are unsure about a suspect, do not vote Abstain. Abstain is only for users who simply do not want to vote on a suspect. If you are unsure, you must vote Do Not Ban.

Finally, a reminder to all PR mods, super mods, and admins: please soft delete your votes once cast in order to keep this a "blind vote".

Once again, thank you all for participating in this suspect test. If you do not have permission to post in this thread, please let me know and I'll fix that.

The deadline for this vote is Saturday, March 26 at 11:59pm.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Drought: Do Not Ban

EDIT: Though this is well too late I decided that I am taking back my ban on BP/LA. I realize now that it was pretty silly of me to ban them...

Drizzle is healthy for the metagame, evasion is not, Drought is terrible.

Thank you to Phil and everyone for organizing this once again.

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bright Powder + Lax Incense: Do Not Ban

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Drizzle: Ban

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Drizzle: Do Not Ban - Aldaron's proposal did what it was intended to.
Drought: Abstain - On the one hand, Ninetales is the worst inducer of them all but on the other hand I think that Blaziken and Venusaur (and Chlorophyll in general) make it the most suspect level weather by far. However, seeing as I haven't played with sun much for the test (and the teams I ran against it were biased towards beating weather in general) I have to abstain from voting in the best interests of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)