OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
uh Mixrachi, I would of preferred NP-Celebi, my team is weak to that
Celebi is a really solid choice.
With acess to leech seed and stealth rock its a pretty big threat.

I was thinking about Vaporeon with blizzard and scald. Is that a bad idea? !
Nope double damage on a lot of meta game
Salamance, garchomp, Gligar, Dragonite, and landorus

Slowbro is a usually solid counter for Landorus, which does heavy damage with Scald or can KO with Ice Beam, you may have issues with more offensive versions though. As a check, pretty much anything that can hit it with super effective damage, perhaps Mamoswine might be something to consider offensively and you can check with Ice Shard or even Icicle Crash, while using Earthquake in gravity.
Mamoswine is pretty solid... Has a nice shard STAB

Last edited by a moderator:

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
The extra damage is only relevant if it turns a 3HKO into a 2HKO or a 2HKO into an OHKO, whereas a miss can cost you the game (this is not an exaggeration). The only times Blizzard should EVER be considered over Ice Beam are in hail or in Gravity.

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Well honestly if it was for tournament play I'd use ice beam. I mostly always use ice beam but I don't discourage a tech difference

Well, my team is a Gravity one. That's why I put Blizzard

And I'll use Mamoswine as well, because I play through android and Landorus is banned from WiFi ou. I've just found that out

I haven't played Singles in about a year, but I figure some people might want to play at a XY prerelease event I'm going to. So far, I have a generic offensive rain team of Specs Politoed / Scarf Keldeo / CM Jirachi / offensive SD Scizor / SR Garchomp / LO Latios. I'm thinking of adding a Thundurus-T as a wallbreaker, second Electric immunity, and Pokemon to better take advantage of the rain, but I'm not sure what to replace.
  • I don't want to replace Latios due to its array of resistances and 110 base Speed.
  • I could make Jirachi a SR supporter and replace Garchomp with Thundurus-T, but that would hurt the momentum of the team and I'd miss out on one of my Elec immunities.
  • I'm thinking of replacing Scizor since I already have a Steel, but that means I would be more reliant on Keldeo to revenge kill fast threats and half my team would be vulnerable to being picked off by Mamoswine's Ice Shard or Scarf Kyurem-B (which seems to be the most popular set according to the September stats).
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm also fine with keeping the Pokemon I have.

I'm an avid OU and UU player, but I've never noticed why Tentacruel is OU. Every time I come across one, I either oneshot it or it does no damage to me.

What's the deal here? Tentacruel is mediocre at best, and from experience, he just gets melted all day.

I'm an avid OU and UU player, but I've never noticed why Tentacruel is OU. Every time I come across one, I either oneshot it or it does no damage to me.

What's the deal here? Tentacruel is mediocre at best, and from experience, he just gets melted all day.
I am going to guess you are playing offensively, or at the least Pokemon that beat it one on one. If you were playing more balanced, Tentacruel is a dastardly spinner that is a pain to kill because of rain dish.

I am going to guess you are playing offensively, or at the least Pokemon that beat it one on one. If you were playing more balanced, Tentacruel is a dastardly spinner that is a pain to kill because of rain dish.
You're right. I AM a very offensive player. Now I think I get it though. Thanks!

Chadtherest00 To add on to what MCBarrett said, inside that forum is a team archive which showcases various teams if you're looking for sample teams, but most of them are banned in some way and were archived because they showcased the broken element the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)