OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Drizzle+Swift Swim

Why are these two banned when used together, but not Drought and Chlorophyll? They both have the same effect when combined with Drizzle/Drought.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Because almost every SwSwim pokemon gets STAB on water moves. Grass pokemon can only really abuse HP Fire as a boosted move in the sun

free beartoed;;;

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^b/c chlorophyll users under the sun were not deemed as overpowering as Swift Swimmers under the Rain. Remember that majority of Swift Swimmers not only received a speed boost, but a power boost in their STAB move, as well. Not to mention Water-type is a much more solid offensive typing than Grass.

How do you add those title thing to the hide tags? When I do it, I get this:

If you opened this, you are stupid. Just kidding.

Instead of the "...", how do you put something else like "Teambuilding" or "Ladder" or "Calculations" or you know what I mean. If someone could please tell me, that would help. Thanks!

Add an equal sign after "hide" and then the text you want (no space on either side of the equal sign) and you're done.

I'm looking for a Pokemon that can use both Dual Screens and Spikes. So far the only two I've found are Forretress and Froslass, but Froslass doesn't get Reflect, only Light Screen. And to be honest, Forretress is sorely needing those slots for Rapid Spin and other moves. Any suggestions?

How do you add those title thing to the hide tags? When I do it, I get this:

If you opened this, you are stupid. Just kidding.

Instead of the "...", how do you put something else like "Teambuilding" or "Ladder" or "Calculations" or you know what I mean. If someone could please tell me, that would help. Thanks!
Do [noparse]
Blah blah
[/noparse]
You see?

Edit: ninja'd.

Add an equal sign after "hide" and then the text you want (no space on either side of the equal sign) and you're done.

I'm looking for a Pokemon that can use both Dual Screens and Spikes. So far the only two I've found are Forretress and Froslass, but Froslass doesn't get Reflect, only Light Screen. And to be honest, Forretress is sorely needing those slots for Rapid Spin and other moves. Any suggestions?
Not a 100% sure but I don't think there are any. Cloyster can learn Reflect and Spikes but I think that Froslass are as close as you can get if you don't want to use Forretress.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Actually, Froslass cannot learn Reflect. Your only OU-legal options are Pineco, Forretress, and Smeargle. You could use dual screens + SR on something like Uxie and put spikes elsewhere though.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nope! You can use any of the swift swimmers on your rain team as long as they don't have swift swim. Alternatively, you can use them with the ability swift swim and don't use a politioed to try and steal your opponent's rain advantages.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
tyranitar, scizor, stoutland, and weavile all do a pretty good job pursuit-trapping in ou, though they all do it slightly differently. i've also seen pursuit skarmory...but that's definitely not recommended.

Not sure where to ask this but...which Pokemon does Black/White Kyurem inherit IVs from? I assume it's from Kyurem, but I'd like confirmation on how the combination works.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure where to ask this but...which Pokemon does Black/White Kyurem inherit IVs from? I assume it's from Kyurem, but I'd like confirmation on how the combination works.
Everything comes from Kyurem including EVs, IVs, and Nature.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Porygon Z is not very viable in OU, but if you do choose to run it, it would be helpful to mention the set you are running.

Porygon Z is not very viable in OU, but if you do choose to run it, it would be helpful to mention the set you are running.
I don't know what item to give it, but it has Nasty Plot, Hyper Beam, Tri-Attack, and Lock-On, but that fourth moveslot I'm still debating over.

Drop Lock-On and Hyper Beam.. They waste turns. It would be better to use Tri Attack twice than to use Hyper Beam and have to recharge.

Porygon Z ideas:
1. Give it a choice scarf and use it as a revenge killer.
OR
2. Use Agility instead of Nasty Plot to clean up at the end of the game.
OR
3. Use Tailwind on another Pokemon.
OR
4. Pass speed to it with Baton Pass Ninjask
OR
5. Pass Quiver Dance to it from Venemoth
OR
6. Use light screen and reflect to protect it
OR
7. Play TeirShift where it gets a stat boost and is thus more viable.

Good moves for Porygon Z: Tri Attack, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power Fighting, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Nasty Plot, Agility.
Dark Pulse and Hidden Power fighting allow you to get past ghost and steel types which would stop Tri-Attack.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Generally recharge moves are unadvised in competitive pokemon, and Lock-On isn't a very good move in any case. Porygon Z is generally too slow to sweep with Nasty Plot set, due to the ubiquity of Fighting types in the tier that all outspeed it. Thus, I recommend running the Agility set, which is a relatively fearsome late game sweeper if played correctly. The set is as follows:

Porygon Z @Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Agility
-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power Fighting

This set gets extraordinary coverage and with LO and a Download boost, along with Agility, can tear weakened teams to shreds. I would advise running it with a Voltturn core, which serves to weaken the opposition into sweeping range for Porygon Z. You could run the old standard of CB Scizor and Rotom W, which combine U-turn and Volt Switch to keep momentum and constantly damage and pressure the opponent, in order to finish off with a Porygon Z sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)