Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Patolegend!

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 52 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Core: Terrakion + Mega Venusaur

Initially, I was going for an offensive team with Terrakion opening up for Bisharp, but that changed after several meh builds. Instead, I decided to focus all on Terrakion, supporting it with a defensive backbone and mons that could weaken its checks and lure in its food. The initial core you gave was Mega Venusaur and Terrakion, so I started off here making Mega Venu really fat to take on Mega Scizor and have the team not worry whatsoever about Mega Altaria and Mega Gyarados. Gliscor was the next addition because I wanted a Sand Offense check that didn't give Bisharp a free attack boost. I decided to give it SR seeing that the majority of Defog users and spinners matched up poorly to the 'standard' SD Scor, which I could bluff running. Oh, and I went with edgequake roost here since scor is actually a decent bird check, especially ignoring wisp tflame once it's toxicd. A common trend with some M Venu teams is them being absolute Kyurem-Black fodder so I wanted to avoid that at all costs. Enter: Mew-sama. Mew supplements the squad by giving it a solid check to nearly every special attacker in OU, namely Mega Alakazam, Torn, Latis, and don KB. Mew sometimes has the potential to 6-0 teams on its own, and with Taunt + Wisp, it keeps things like CM Bro and Crocune in check.

From here I noticed that the Mega Sableye match up was not a friendly one. Moreover, Adamant Mega Scizor could potentially bone me if Venu got weakened or even crit. I didn't put Heatran on cause VenuTran, I swear! It was to help with those match ups. You may ask, "aaand how does Tran help with sable again?" The answer is simple: Choice Specs. With a specs boosted overheat, sableye is blown into a different dimension which in turn means Mew just wins. Or even Terrak tbh. Anyways, SpexTran has good synergy with Terrak since it puts so many things (Keldeo, Rotom) into LO CC or Edge range, meaning you don't even have to SD some games. Every time a steel comes in, something dies; look at it like that. Finally, I threw on Scarf Lati so to not lose to Mega Alakazam, to not lose to Manaphy, to RK EQ Zard X's that crit Gliscor, to bait darks in for Terrak to set up on, to have extra Keld and electric check, to revive LordRakkion, and to Defog. Oh and this helps mitigate the Weavile weakness in those games where you can't m evolve Venu early. Also luring AV Torn for M Venu is glorious.

I must say, there are many, many variations of this that are more or less better vs (X) and worse vs (Y) so be sure to experiment. Options include SD Scor, Trick Lati, Chople Heatran, Phydef Mew, Air Baloon HP Ice Tran, Power Herb Tran, NP Mew, ScarfTran, and yeah. A few things worth mentioning is that Mega Metagross can be annoying so be careful around that. Or click X if it's Ice Punch and Mew misses Willo,, Play smartly around T wave Clefable and Manaphy. Gengar wins like it does vs every team so w/e IMO tbh. Props for bringing up Adamant Lordrakkion in a core man, it's so good. Below are some replays with the team, enjoy~

You legend! Team looks great, I'll give it a run over the weekend, and test the different things you suggested. Great job, and thanks for the speedy delivery :]

yay this is open again

@ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

@ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Alakazam is a great sweeper, and Terrakion checks most pursuit trappers, allowing it to get a boost on the switch.

Thanks!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Claudehylkton Queiroz

Core: Mega Mane + Keldeo

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Ice Beam

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

I should've posted this team much earlier, but school got in the way of that. I apologize. Anyways, onto the build. Mega Mane is a great mega to use right now because offense is on the rise and mega mane eats these teams for breakfast. Keldeo is a pretty good partner, as it appreciates Mega Mane's ability to take on bulky waters as well as give it a Volt Switch to switch in safely. I figured that since Mega mane is being used, Kyubes would be a great partner. It gave the team another way of dealing with bulky Ground-types, and it also breaks through troublesome balance mons fairly easily, such as Venusaur and, with the given set, Clefable. It also doesnt have to worry about Ferrothorn or Scizor because of its two teammates. AV Torn T was added to deal with Keldeo while also acting as a soft check to the latis and other offensive psychics like alakazam, while also forming a VoltTurn core with Mega Mane. A Stealth Rocker was needed, and excadrill looked very threatening. Because of this, I chose Landorus-T to fulfill the role. It checks excadrill and can punch holes into the opposition with its powerful Earthquakes. I chose U-Turn as the fourth move, but SD can be used instead to do even more Damage. Smack Down is also a cool alternative to lure in and cripple skarmory / rotom w / opposing lando ts. Finally, I chose Bisharp to round off the team. The team was looking mighty weak to Latios at this time, so a mon that is capable of Pursuit trapping it was chosen. Bisharp also gives this team priority in sucker punch, and a way of checking fairies. Assault Vest is an alternative option over Black Glasses if you do not think you need the power. I considered Scarf Tyranitar in this role as well, but I wasn't a huge fan; however, it is a decent alternative if you want more speed.

There's the team. Hope you enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know.

CB Tyranitar + TR Slowking
+

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Scald

This is a core I made a few days ago, unfortunately I can't make it work so I'm just gonna post it here!
I always liked CB TTar which is a really strong wallbreaker with good natural bulk and strong spammable STAB moves. However, it is very slow and outsped by offensive 'mons, and it's typing leaves it weak to many common Water, Ground and Fighting type moves such as Scald/Hydro Pump, Earthquake/Earth Power and Secret Sword/Focus Blast/HJK. So I decided to pair it up with Slowking which covers its weaknesses pretty well (it doesn't resist Ground type moves though, but it scares out Lando/Hippo/Glis with its Water type moves). Additionally, it sets up Trick Room so TTar outspeeds the majority of the metagame and doesn't have to worry about its speed.
244 Def-EVs w/ a Relaxed nature let Slowking take 2 Return coming from Jolly Lopunny + SR and Sand Damage. I'm not sure about TR + 3 attacks so feel free to change the sets/spreads (maybe a more offensive Slowking with TR + NP and Life Orb or something).

Thanks in advance for building!

+

Gengar + Offensive Ghost-type (Mismagius, Froslass, Chandelure, or MBanette)

The core is ghostspam, something I've tried before but couldn't quite get to work (mostly because LO Froslass hits like a limp noodle). While you could technically use this core on balance, I can't really see any team type this would work on besides HO due to the bad defensive synergy it has. The idea is to abuse Ghost typing, arguably the best offensive typing in the tier, to break down teams and possibly sweep with one of the two. Thanks :)
i'll take this :p

fleggumfl has built this team. welcome him to the shop n_n

Last edited:
lopunny-mega.gif

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch/Ice Punch/Healing Wish

dragalge.gif

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast/Hidden Power Fire
- Toxic Spikes

I think Fake Out + Toxic Spikes is a really underused strategy. Would be checks become a lot more squishy with an extra 24+% damage. The constant toxic damage also forces fat teams to heal, giving you momentum to switch freely.

Dragalge checks a lot of things that annoying the bunny. These include fairies, Mega Venu, and scarf Keldeo.

A check to this core is psychics, so maybe a powerful dark type like banded Hoopa or life orb Bisharp would be useful.

Thanks!

hey I've been thinking about how a Dragonite and Gengar core would sound like
DD Dragonite + LO Taunt 3 attacks (you can change the moves on dragonite and gengar if you'd like)

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

DD Dragonite is a pretty good pokemon that I wanted to use for a while now since it's pretty powerful, bulky, and Gengar is here since it "helps" typing wise with fairies and it's very powerful lo boosted attacks take advantage of Dnite's cleaning power or let Dnite sweep easier.
(playstyle can be Balance, Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense if you want)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hey I've been thinking about how a Dragonite and Gengar core would sound like
DD Dragonite + LO Taunt 3 attacks (you can change the moves on dragonite and gengar if you'd like)

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

DD Dragonite is a pretty good pokemon that I wanted to use for a while now since it's pretty powerful, bulky, and Gengar is here since it "helps" typing wise with fairies and it's very powerful lo boosted attacks take advantage of Dnite's cleaning power or let Dnite sweep easier.
(playstyle can be Balance, Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense if you want)
ok ill try this

Looks like Hoopa is still relatively new, the strategy dex isn't really helpful yet...

Even though Sticky Webs are bad and Thunder Wave spam / Tailwind are better ways to make Hoopa faster, I wanted to see if you guys could make a Sticky Web team around Hoopa unbound.

Shuckle is standard while Hoopa is ev'd to OHKO Clefable with 172 Def Evs. Feel free to change the sets.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Hoopa-Alt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Claudehylkton Queiroz

Core: Mega Mane + Keldeo

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
- Ice Beam

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

I should've posted this team much earlier, but school got in the way of that. I apologize. Anyways, onto the build. Mega Mane is a great mega to use right now because offense is on the rise and mega mane eats these teams for breakfast. Keldeo is a pretty good partner, as it appreciates Mega Mane's ability to take on bulky waters as well as give it a Volt Switch to switch in safely. I figured that since Mega mane is being used, Kyubes would be a great partner. It gave the team another way of dealing with bulky Ground-types, and it also breaks through troublesome balance mons fairly easily, such as Venusaur and, with the given set, Clefable. It also doesnt have to worry about Ferrothorn or Scizor because of its two teammates. AV Torn T was added to deal with Keldeo while also acting as a soft check to the latis and other offensive psychics like alakazam, while also forming a VoltTurn core with Mega Mane. A Stealth Rocker was needed, and excadrill looked very threatening. Because of this, I chose Landorus-T to fulfill the role. It checks excadrill and can punch holes into the opposition with its powerful Earthquakes. I chose U-Turn as the fourth move, but SD can be used instead to do even more Damage. Smack Down is also a cool alternative to lure in and cripple skarmory / rotom w / opposing lando ts. Finally, I chose Bisharp to round off the team. The team was looking mighty weak to Latios at this time, so a mon that is capable of Pursuit trapping it was chosen. Bisharp also gives this team priority in sucker punch, and a way of checking fairies. Assault Vest is an alternative option over Black Glasses if you do not think you need the power. I considered Scarf Tyranitar in this role as well, but I wasn't a huge fan; however, it is a decent alternative if you want more speed.

There's the team. Hope you enjoy. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know.
Hey, Clone, awesome team!! As aways... :33 Nice job and thanks!! Gonna use it

Very nice team Clone.I will now steal it and take it as my own,then peak with the team,Call it my own.
oh man, dont pls ;'(

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

This is a core I'm struggling to find good partners for, they should work together with Crawdaunt (Crab)hammering the stuff that annoys Altaria, breaking them down so it can go for a sweep. The sets are changeable, just went with the standard ones for them for now, don't really care what they end up looking like as long as they're used together.

p2

Banned deucer.
Original Core: Gengar + Offensive Ghost
Requested by: Dread Arceus
Original Post on Page 4

animated klefki keeps dying :(
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Alright, I've been dying to post this and now I finally can. So my offensive ghost of choice here was Mega Banette, strange choice because it gets a ton of hate because its generally considered quite garbage, but I think it fits really nicely on this team and I don't think its as awful as people make it out to be. But as you said, this is something that fits best on HO because the prevalence of Dark types just ruin any idea of using this on balance / bulky offense so its a perfect starting point because HO is good, and what helps breakers break more easily? Spikes. Klefki brings a ton to the team as the best offensive spiker in the game and its role compression is too good for any real HO team to give up on as it encompasses so many roles its ridiculous. So at this point I realised I have a cool hazard blocking core and Bisharp fits like a glove here because of Defiant and yeah I'm actually not running Adamant Life Orb for once, Lum is needed because otherwise Sableye becomes a huge problem. Obviously, opposing Bisharp and Weavile kind of tear this team apart so I through on the best offensive check to them. Keldeo brings a Mega Scizor + Dark type check to the team too and helps annoy the likes of Torn-T and fast Electrics, the latter getting worn down really quickly because Spikes are awesome. At this point, I realised that sand just wins against this team, so I chose one of the best rockers for offense right now in Lando-T for its ability to mess up Sand, ZardX, and annoy Mega Lopunny. One look at the team when its finished and it just screams Keldeo weakness, but the main way to handle it is to scout the set, usually done by switching Klefki into it and scouting the damage dealt. The only set that is really problematic is SubCM, which you cannot give free setup turns to. I had my doubts when I first made this team, but from testing and stuff, it's actually really solid and I really like how this team turned out.

Original Core: M-Scizor, Garchomp, Clefable
AggroTheWaffle

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Here's a basic balance build + Life Orb Alakazam. The strategy most games should be to weaken strong attackers by forcing them out with the formidable steel-fairy-dragon defensive front. There aren't many things that can outright beat the core without boosting which would put them at risk of being forced out with Dragon Tail, or crippled by Thunder-Wave, or beheaded by a +2 priority Bullet Punch. All three are great individually but together they're really annoying to beat without perfect prediction + obscene coverage. Rotom-Wash just adds to their ability to cause fits due to its petence for annoyance as well. Rotom-W covers pretty much anything that the steel-fairy-dragon core can't handle, such as, Heat Wave Tornadus-Therian. Another focus should be to lure and eliminate dark types to give Alakazam more flexibility, and in turn it'll be able to place a ton of pressure on your opponent because of its speed + power. Keldeo is the designated revenge killing option because of its high base speed. While holding a Choice Scarf, Keldeo can check some problematic pokemon like, M-Charizard X and M-Gyarados. Hazard stacking teams seem problematic on paper but there are ways to play around the weakness since half of the team is immune to Spikes + T-Spikes + Sticky Web. Encore was chosen to screw over Defensive/Stall teams but Calm Mind could be an option if you feel the team is inept offensively, or if you just have huge balls.

I dont think I've seen a team based around these two yet, but I'd love to see a balanced team based around hoopa-unbound and zard y. Both are some of the strongest wall breakers in the tier and can put massive dents into the opposing team's mons for one another or the rest of the team.

Hoopa-Unbound Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Hasty / Jolly Nature
-Hyperspace Fury / Knock Off
-Psychic / Zen Headbutt
-Gunk Shot
-Drain Punch

Charizard Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam
-Roost

I think this core could have a lot of potential working together. If you do this, make changes if needed, I prefer balance, but any team archetype is fine

Last edited:
Hi, i would like a team based around Hawlucha and Klefki please.
Hawlucha (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

So this pairing is based off of hawlucha sweeping at any time possible, most likely late game. when i needed support for it, i decided i would put klefki to make a core because it provides speed control (even though hawlucha doesnt really need it) and more importantly, spikes. The chip damage on mons is great, especially the pesky bulky grounds. also, together, they have pretty good type synergy. (fire is the only non covered type) However, im not a great serious team builder, so i was hoping i could have a balanced team to help me out. Thanks in advanced.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Judging that my last post was rejected because it was innovative (lol) this is the new core that I want you to build the team around. I kindly request the builder to not change the movesets, although do it if you have to. On to the core, its as simple as this: Zygarde weakens physical threats, Keldeo weakens special threats, which allows either one or an anonymous third win-condition to clean up. I want a lot of lures, because, like, how is it not fun to see your opponent switch their poke in only to see it get annihilated? A small tip, Healing Wish works well with this core. (try saying that with marshmallows in your mouth)

Original Core: M-Scizor, Garchomp, Clefable
AggroTheWaffle

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Here's a basic balance build + Life Orb Alakazam. The strategy most games should be to weaken strong attackers by forcing them out with the formidable steel-fairy-dragon defensive front. There aren't many things that can outright beat the core without boosting which would put them at risk of being forced out with Dragon Tail, or crippled by Thunder-Wave, or beheaded by a +2 priority Bullet Punch. All three are great individually but together they're really annoying to beat without perfect prediction + obscene coverage. Rotom-Wash just adds to their ability to cause fits due to its petence for annoyance as well. Rotom-W covers pretty much anything that the steel-fairy-dragon core can't handle, such as, Heat Wave Tornadus-Therian. Another focus should be to lure and eliminate dark types to give Alakazam more flexibility, and in turn it'll be able to place a ton of pressure on your opponent because of its speed + power. Keldeo is the designated revenge killing option because of its high base speed. While holding a Choice Scarf, Keldeo can check some problematic pokemon like, M-Charizard X and M-Gyarados. Hazard stacking teams seem problematic on paper but there are ways to play around the weakness since half of the team is immune to Spikes + T-Spikes + Sticky Web. Encore was chosen to screw over Defensive/Stall teams but Calm Mind could be an option if you feel the team is inept offensively, or if you just have huge balls.
Great team, thanks a lot.

Core: SubCM Raikou + Bulky SD Talonflame

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
Hey ShadowGuy1, proud to say this is one of my better builds, if not my best one in the past few weeks of ORAS just because of how consistent it plays and matches up against most archetypes. Also, even though the build is leaning towards a fatter Balance, I chose this core cause I really like variants of CM Raikou alongside a fast Offense breaker. When I was lookin' at the core and options I could run with it, I either could’ve taken a more Offensive approach or Defensive build. I went with a playstyle leaning towards Semi-Stall cause it would turn out extremely similar to my last build, and I felt like it would support the original core better in general as well.

I concluded that SubCM Raikou / SD Taunt Talonflame / Steel / Ground / Hazard Removal / Glue would be the most optimal. A decision to keep Raikou's set the same was made, but I decided to make it Taunt SD Talonflame to act as a Hazard removal deterrent and way of setting up freely on passive stuff. I knew that I wanted a Hazard stacking build to pressure similar checks between Talonflame and Raikou such as Hippowdon, Heatran, and Tyranitar, so a Defensive backbone of Ferrothorn and Hippowdon was chosen. A bulky Steel is an imperative staple on slower playstyles just cause of all the things like Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Jirachi, and Heatran provide, but Chople Berry Ferrothorn fit the team best and provided a solid Fairy / Dragon resist, Spikes support, while checking relevant threats like Mega Gardevoir, DD Mega Gyarados, Alakazam, Azumarill, Gengar, and Manaphy lacking HP Fire.

Hippowdon was an obvious option in the next slot, it provided the most role compression possible in a consistent Stealth Rocker, and a blanket check to giant issues to the team at that point being DD Zard X, as it uses Ferrothorn and Raikou as set-up fodder, had no solid switch-in to Bisharp or way of dealing with it after a single SD, LO Excadrill as Ferrothorn isn’t the most ensuring check, and having Stone Edge means Offensive SD Talonflame is not as problematic. Also, I felt as if Physically Defensive Hippowdon was the best option as I already deal with Offensive Electrics well enough with the other members.

One of the problems with the original core is that it was very susceptible to Stealth Rock, a form of Hazard removal was required. After contemplating between multiple options, I decided to run Defog Mega Latias; This gave me an excellent Utility Poke that doesn’t lose momentum while also functioning as a more reliable check to Charizard Y, Mega Lopunny, Tornadus-T, and Electric spam cores despite having Raikou and Hippowdon to deal with them efficiently. I decided to go with BoltBeam coverage to be capable of beating LO SD Garchomp / Mega Garchomp, SD Gliscor, Keldeo, Manaphy, Gyarados, and Azumarill respectively. While I was looking back at the build, I recognized HP Fire Lati@s and Mega Sableye to be nuisances, therefore, Clefable was chosen as a superb glue and bulky win condition on Hazard stacking balance which pressures its main checks and counters such as Heatran, Mew, Victini, Tentacruel, Mega Metagross, Excadrill, etc. It also provides Speed control in Thunder Wave meaning CM Raikou, SD Talon, and itself get many set-up opportunities thanks to its secondary effect.

After thoroughly testing the build, the main problem was my Defensive core getting overwhelmed and pressured, specifically by Heavy Offense builds. However, you can counteract this by applying pressure with Hazards + SD Talonflame which typically deals with Offense proficiently. CM Reuniclus is a huge problem to this build as it finds set-up opportunities on most of my members and it can't really be killed, so you should set up with your main win conditions before it does, or simply crippling it with Taunt on Talonflame. Although Mega Scizor is pressured through Hazards + Talonflame and Raikou.

An optional change would be adapting Talonflame's set to Leftovers SpD Bulk Up + WoW would provide you a better check to Gengar, Mega Scizor, and CM Reuniclus at the cost of losing a ton of offensive pressure alongside Hazards and Raikou along with picking off weakened Pokémon which would otherwise be in range. Even though it patches up some weaknesses, this change in particular is not recommened as it opens up some more exploitable weaknesses.

Lastly, I'm sorry that it took me a while with this build, I was extremely busy with many other projects I had on my mind both Smogon related, and school related. Anyways, hope you like the build and have fun!
The team is really nice, but how does it handle ferrothorn ?

I havent looked though all the teams, so I don't know if theres a trick room hail team.

aurorus.gif

Aurorus @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- ??? (Calm Mind / Ancient Power / Stealth Rock / Encore / etc.)

magnezone.gif

Magnezone @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

(insert trick room mons)

Aurorus is one of the very few mons which gets hail, and it can use it to help a team pick up KOs which it normally wouldnt get (in trick room OHKOing things is very important to make the most out of trick room turns). Life Orb is more suited to trick room because of Aurorus' coverage options but Choice Specs picks up more OHKOs (see calcs). The spread allows it to live an EQ from tank chomp after 1 life orb hit, allowing it to be healing wished later, and survive an EQ from defensive Landorus-T.

Magnezone traps Scizor and Ferrothron so Aurorus doesn't have to run HP Fire (feel free to use the air balloon set if Excadrill is also a problem) and also hits a lot of teams surprisingly hard. Both members of this team have good synergy with normal trick room setters (Cresselia walls Lopunny and is immune to EQ).

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 296-351 (91.6 - 108.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 192-227 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Choice Specs always 2HKOs)

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 338-400 (87.7 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 192-227 (53.4 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 257-304 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 182-218 (50 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont think I've seen a team based around these two yet, but I'd love to see a balanced team based around hoopa-unbound and zard y. Both are some of the strongest wall breakers in the tier and can put massive dents into the opposing team's mons for one another or the rest of the team.

Hoopa-Unbound Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Hasty / Jolly Nature
-Hyperspace Fury / Knock Off
-Psychic / Zen Headbutt
-Gunk Shot
-Drain Punch

Charizard Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam
-Roost

I think this core could have a lot of potential working together. If you do this, make changes if needed, I prefer balance, but any team archetype is fine
mio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)