Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo there again. Looking for someone to work with this core.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latias is obviously the focus point of the core and eventually the team. Mega Evolve for the boost, multiple Calm Minds later and you try to hit everything that's not strong against it with Stored Power. Dragon Pulse instead of Substitute is an option to avoid the lack of variety in attacks.

Garchomp is one of many possible partners for Latias I thought about, but I'll list the other ones later. You're free to use any of them if you think they're better suited in combination with Latias.

So, Garchomp is there to help out with physical attacks and setting up Rocks. Where Latias can take special attacks without any problems it lacks way to deal with physical attacks

Below are Pokemon that I thought of instead of Garchomp. I haven't planned any sets for them except one so you're free to go wherever you want for them. (Except Spikes on Skarmory).

Garchomp replacements: Skarmory, Chestnaught, Keldeo, Hippowdon and Ferrothorn.

Hello, I would like a team built around SS Azumarill.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Scald
- Encore/ Sleep Talk/ Knock Off

Not really a core, but a fun mon to use. Sap Sipper Azu walls a lot of threats, including both Charizard forms, Serperior, Ferrothorn, Mega Sceptile, breloom, Keldeo, and other threats. It's support movepool isn't huge, but it works. I prefer a semistall/ bulky offense, so no full on stall plz

thanks!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I would like a team built around SS Azumarill.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Scald
- Encore/ Sleep Talk/ Knock Off

Not really a core, but a fun mon to use. Sap Sipper Azu walls a lot of threats, including both Charizard forms, Serperior, Ferrothorn, Mega Sceptile, breloom, Keldeo, and other threats. It's support movepool isn't huge, but it works. I prefer a semistall/ bulky offense, so no full on stall plz

thanks!
I have a team with this. I'll post it tomorrow when I have access to a computor

Lakitu! (Tornadus)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

Hollowed (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Soo, hear me out on this one. Tornadus-I obviously isn't exactly a common Pokemon In OU, aka its nonexistent after passing 1200 ladder ranking. After losing to this Thing a few Times when facing a Heat team by Jordanlad for enjoyment, i was like, wow, this Set is actually ridiculously hard to kill and quite dangerous. Pretty basic defensive Setup Wincon, Prankster Bulk Up and Resttalk is really nice, 20 Speed to outspeed Loom and Bisharp. The obvious flaws of this Set include Electric Types, Rock Types and Steel Types, since Mono Attacking Acro doesnt have a good time breaking through those, especially phazers like skarm pretty much hardwall. Thats why i decided on Bulky Zard X as Teammate, burning bulky grounds and waters for Tornadus to make it easier to break through the likes of slowbro and hippowdon and checking Steel and Electric Types. These 2 obviously require Hazard Removal Support. My Request would be to build a fat balance/semistall team around this Torn-I set, since i myself could not come up with shit other than Basic Zard x/Ferro/starmie Cookiecutter stuff and failed utterly with the rest of my attempts (Wish Rachi + Stunfisk and other gimmicky shenanigans).

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill (F) @ Lum Berry / Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Zammega is very fast and very potent. Always liked the idea of both blast and hp fire since they can smack all steels in the tier. Notably Sciz-Mega so Azu can do more work. Psychic can be chosen over Shock but this is moreso for the idea of both blast and hp fire. Azu appreciates the loss of bulky steels like Ferro and Scizor and can work over things like hippo and sableye. Eh, I guess you can make Alakazam into LO/Sash variant, but I really, really like Zam-Mega and the speed is fantastic.

Lakitu! (Tornadus)
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up

Hollowed (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Soo, hear me out on this one. Tornadus-I obviously isn't exactly a common Pokemon In OU, aka its nonexistent after passing 1200 ladder ranking. After losing to this Thing a few Times when facing a Heat team by Jordanlad for enjoyment, i was like, wow, this Set is actually ridiculously hard to kill and quite dangerous. Pretty basic defensive Setup Wincon, Prankster Bulk Up and Resttalk is really nice, 20 Speed to outspeed Loom and Bisharp. The obvious flaws of this Set include Electric Types, Rock Types and Steel Types, since Mono Attacking Acro doesnt have a good time breaking through those, especially phazers like skarm pretty much hardwall. Thats why i decided on Bulky Zard X as Teammate, burning bulky grounds and waters for Tornadus to make it easier to break through the likes of slowbro and hippowdon and checking Steel and Electric Types. These 2 obviously require Hazard Removal Support. My Request would be to build a fat balance/semistall team around this Torn-I set, since i myself could not come up with shit other than Basic Zard x/Ferro/starmie Cookiecutter stuff and failed utterly with the rest of my attempts (Wish Rachi + Stunfisk and other gimmicky shenanigans).
taking this heat.

swampert-mega.gif
talonflame.gif

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I tried a bunch of mons with these two but I'm not satisfied with any of them so far. Talonflame whittles stuff and checks grass types for Swampert. I would prefer a bulky balance/semi-stall team and I would like it to be a bit more creative than usual (even though this is subjective).

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
matthewc20090

Mon requested: Sap Sipper Azu

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psychic
- Recover

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Here's the team I referred to yesterday. I started with Zard X + Azu because they cover each other's checks and counters quite well, both offensively and defensively. Ferro was added to help deal with Mega Diancie and other fairies, while also giving the team rocks. Torn-T is a utility pivot that abuses Knock Off and HP Ice to annoy stuff by removing lefties and killing Lando and Chomp for Bisharp to have an easier time late game. Latias Defogs for Zard and handles Venu, Loomer, Amoonguss, and other stuff while also havings staying power thanks to Recover. Lastly, SD Bisharp was added to clean up the mess while also making sure that Clefable doesn't clean sweep this team. Lum Berry is necessary in order to kill Mew while also avoiding Scald burns from stuff like Starmie or Slowbro trying to be cheeky and staying in on a Knock Off or SD.

I have an alternate variant of this team with DD Zard X > Wisp and Pursuit Bisharp > SD. Pursuit Bisharp works well with Encore Azu because a lot of mons may try and just spam the Encored move once they realize Azu isn't offensive, and I've found Bisharp is capable of taking advantage of it really well. For example Latios likes to click Psyshock, but once it's locked in Bisharp is guaranteed to trap it. DD Zard also appreciates the removal of Latis and Lando-Ts thanks to Bisharp/Torn-T respectively.

Mega Bro kinda 6-0es this team depending on what Azu Encores it into so be aware of that. Sand is also pretty annoying since Azu isn't the normal variant, but if you can bluff it I've found it to help tremendously when facing that sort of matchup.

There are some changes that can be made, such as Latios > Latias or minor set tweaks or whatever, so if something isn't working for you let me know and I'll rework the team to make it better. Hope you enjoy the team.

---

Still working on the other core I picked up.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Teclis
Core:

I left the core mostly unchanged expect for making Haxorus jolly so that scarf lando-t and scarf kyub dont outspeed at plus one which is pretty important imo. Rotom-w is on the team to spread burns which make hax's job of setting up much easier on burned physical attackers, 56 speed ev's outpace 0 speed lando-t. Bronzong has been a ferrothorn and jirachi previously but neither fit the team or its needs. Colbur helps you lure in shit like weavile who might wanna stay in and just click knock off but get donked by heavy slam, 32 attack evs guarantee the 2hko on bisharp with eq. Lati is the final mon and completes the dragmag core, it provides a much need keldeo check and defoger. The team is a bit weak to scarf tar but hax lives any hit and can dd on it and rotom burns it so its not to bad.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Would like to request a core around these two:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Mega Heracross and Gengar are both great wallbreakers and have decent synergy together since Megacross threatens Dark types that scare Gengar and Gengar can handle the fairy types that give Heracross trouble. I prefer Substitute over Swords Dance on Heracross as it allows it to dodge status and it often finds chances to set up on forced switches giving it a better chance to handle its counters itself and making prediction easier. Would prefer an Offensive team with this core, but I don't mind if it turns into balance.
taking this

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core:

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Breloom (M) @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Hey Stripes! This core was a major pain, but I finally got something that works. Volt Turn works well with Entei imo, so that's how the team ended up going with in terms of playstyle. The original core needed a lot of help with stuff including being walled by Mega Altaria, being threatened by offensive electrics, stealth rocks (for Entei), Keldeo, and then the fact neither one of them can switch into anything in general. Mega Scizor helps out a ton with fairies like Mega Alt, has great bulk to switch into various threats like Mega Metagross, and it gives a good U-turn that can potentially damage Slowbro for a good chunk. Weavile was also a problem, so Mega Scizor helps out with that, so that's cool. Raikou helps kill other bulky waters, provides a switch in for electric types like Thundurus and Mega Manectric, and then finishes the volt turn core to help get Entei and Breloom in safely. Latias helps with Keldeo, provide Defog, can act as a soft check to electric types if Raikou gets worn down, and Healing Wish is really helpful for Entei, since it gives it a chance to use Sacred Fire early on, and then a chance to clean late game with ExtremeSpeed. Finally, I needed something for sand offense, zard x and mega lopunny, so I went with Lando-T. SD really helps out with breaking stuff like Clefable and SD + Lum Berry really helps out with Mega Sableye, since you can get off major damage while they try burning you for a 2nd time.

Rotom-Wash is annoying, and T-tar with Keldeo can be annoying too, since it can pursuit trap Latias and then force you to play without a Keldeo check the rest of the game. Revenge killing it shouldn't be too bad since you got Raikou, Extremespeed (does like 50%), Scizor wearing it down with U-turn or BP, and then Breloom's Mach Punch (does around 40%). Mega Sableye can also be annoying, so beware for that as well.

Hope you like it :)

I don't want to be annoying, but I posted a core back on page 23. Not sure if it got noticed as it isn't in the cores not taken section of the OP. If no one's interested in building with that exact core for whatever reason, just using Mamoswine as the building base would be cool too. It's cool if no one's interested. I just noticed that Mamo hadn't been used in any teams in the thread recently and I think it's pretty fun.

Teclis
Core:

I left the core mostly unchanged expect for making Haxorus jolly so that scarf lando-t and scarf kyub dont outspeed at plus one which is pretty important imo. Rotom-w is on the team to spread burns which make hax's job of setting up much easier on burned physical attackers, 56 speed ev's outpace 0 speed lando-t. Bronzong has been a ferrothorn and jirachi previously but neither fit the team or its needs. Colbur helps you lure in shit like weavile who might wanna stay in and just click knock off but get donked by heavy slam, 32 attack evs guarantee the 2hko on bisharp with eq. Lati is the final mon and completes the dragmag core, it provides a much need keldeo check and defoger. The team is a bit weak to scarf tar but hax lives any hit and can dd on it and rotom burns it so its not to bad.

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Bronzong @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

taking this
Just wanted to say that 0 Spe lando-t is practically non-existent outside of silly players thinking that underspeeding each other has any benefit, and given the slight weakness to mega gyarados you might consider 216 timid on rotom-w.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't want to be annoying, but I posted a core back on page 23. Not sure if it got noticed as it isn't in the cores not taken section of the OP. If no one's interested in building with that exact core for whatever reason, just using Mamoswine as the building base would be cool too. It's cool if no one's interested. I just noticed that Mamo hadn't been used in any teams in the thread recently and I think it's pretty fun.
I'll build a zardy mamo team for ya.

Kind of new here, but I would like to request a HO team with Mega Sharpedo + Thundurus. Mega Sharpedo is often forgotten about as an amazing late game cleaner due to dark being op and strong jaw crunch being devastating to weakened teams. However, sharpedo definitely has flaws, most notably priority such as breloom and talonflame, along with the ever so common Keldeo. Thundurus does a good job of checking all bulky water types and talonflame, as well as having an extensive movepool that can be tailored to beat/lure certain mons such as Vensuar which it lures in, so feel free to mess with the Thundurus set and use Psychic/Hp Flying if needed. Anyways, really cool thread and I hope somebody will enjoy the core :)

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Jab

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Psychic
- Wish
- Iron Head

Jirachi is usually seen as a specially-defensive Flinch-hax win condition who provides an answer to steels, but Jirachi's signature move, Doom Desire, has been passed up far too long.

I would like to request a bulky-offense team around Doom Desire Jirachi.

Doom Desire applies pressures, lets certain pokemon net kills they normally would not be able to, surprising counters, clearing the pathway for sweeps, and ensuring that Fairies are almost permanently barred from switching in at risk of their death. Not only that, Doom Desire works to create mind games, because the opponent must CHOOSE which pokemon they would want to take the hit on the second turn, which would be interesting because it would control the tide of the battle. It would make for a pretty novel team and idea, and it would surprise a lot of opponents. The set can be changed if necessary, but Doom Desire should remain as part of the set since it's the main gimmick.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Kind of new here, but I would like to request a HO team with Mega Sharpedo + Thundurus. Mega Sharpedo is often forgotten about as an amazing late game cleaner due to dark being op and strong jaw crunch being devastating to weakened teams. However, sharpedo definitely has flaws, most notably priority such as breloom and talonflame, along with the ever so common Keldeo. Thundurus does a good job of checking all bulky water types and talonflame, as well as having an extensive movepool that can be tailored to beat/lure certain mons such as Vensuar which it lures in, so feel free to mess with the Thundurus set and use Psychic/Hp Flying if needed. Anyways, really cool thread and I hope somebody will enjoy the core :)

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Jab

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
ill give this one a shot but might change sets. Also welcome to smogon. Ill try to get this and the camerupt team done this weekend.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I'd like a team built around Celebi and Lando-T please!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpDef
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

So, with this core, Celebi switches into Pokemon such as Azumarill and Slowbro and other Pokemon that Landorus doesn't really like to deal 1 on 1. Landorus can deal with Fire-types such as Heatran that threaten Celebi, so I think that these two Pokemon work together well. Baton Pass on Celebi allows it to get a free switch-in to Landorus, which is useful if it's in an unpleasant situation. The 108 Speed EVs means Celebi can avoid Pursuit from Bisharp, and Nasty Plot can also be passed to Lando, which can deal a lot of damage thanks to Life Orb, Sheer Force, and the boost from Nasty Plot.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Core / Concept:

Team:
Camel (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Golden Diva (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 48 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

GNG BNG (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Melt (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Roberta Flack (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Riot (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
SketchUp That volcano spewing out of Camerupt is really all the crap that this mon embodies but considering Vertex was schooling self proclaimed top ladderers with SubToxic Ninjask last week, I think this won't be considered the worst thing I've seen. I originally had a team centered around some balance breakers but I didn't really like the lack of priority and Camerupts susceptibility to certain offensive staples. After some talk with the builders I came to the conclusion a bit of volt-turn action would help facilitate M-Camerupt and some others lack of real switch in opportunities. Rotom-W is simply just a solid mon, is actually very customizable as seen through the speed to outpace base 70s with dual status to punish things like Lati switch ins when they go to absorb a Will-O-Wisp only to receive Thunder Wave. AV Metagross I think can be a hit or miss on certain builds but this team is kind of annoyed by Latis and Alakazam formes so I'd like to think it serves its purpose well on a build such as this. TBolt Latios when used as with the 3 attacks / Defog set is a favorite of mine lately, making things like Skarmory and Togekiss bad switch ins. SD Breloom provides the team with an end game in mind, with your balance breakers in Latios and Camerupt and everything else being utility for a sweep. Rocky Helmet Lando-T for the usual benefits it provides. I'm just using Nedors spread and I keep forgetting what it's for but oh well.

The last slot on M-Camerupt is really customizable. I started off using Explosion with a Rash nature to punish switch ins like Latis to put them in damage range for a revenge kill by Metagross or Breloom. I also considered Substitute to get free shots in once in awhile along with Toxic just to catch switch ins like fat waters but ultimately I stuck with HP Grass for the sake of simplicity. When you realize Camerupt is terrible feel free to use DDance or Wisp Zard-X to facilitate the Fire slot while still checking stuff like Raikou. Enjoy.

Edit: I also hate your Smogon avatar. Honesty is the key to salvation, and I am its shepherd.

AM

LCPL Champion

Core / Concept:

Team:
It's Dope (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall
- Protect

Circus (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave

Trashy (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Dreamy (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Get Down (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

The Skip (Klefki) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Block
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
Yellowhornetx most M-Sharpedo Hyper Offensive teams are going to have a really similar layout. They'll have spikes, normally a flying type to cover grasses, a ground rocker and or offensive ground, various forms of priority, and ways to emphasize that go big or go home attitude. When you run a more fat balance M-Sharpedo team such as a Sharpedo, Ferro, TFlame, Clef, Garchomp, Starmie type build they rely on their defensive backbones to wear stuff down for the shark. The HO variants on paper are normally weak to a good amount of anti-offense stuff such as M-Manectric and SD Talonflame. The idea is you would never put yourself in a position to get floored by these things and always maintain offensive pressure, so yes sometimes you're gonna have to make some big dick plays to assert your dominance from time to time.

M-Sharpedo and Thundurus is just your core. Originally I was using HP Flying Thundurus to break down things like Amoonguss easier but in the end I think having a Talonflame in the mix would help with that and Lando-T / Chomp was annoying without HP Ice. Lum SD Chomp is a M-Sharpedo offense staple along with it's Life Orb variant but the teams slight Rotom-W weakness made Lum Berry a more appealing option. I tend to get the Yache Berry suggestion a lot but Lum Berry helps with M-Sableye builds a bit better. Offensive Starmie with Psychic is the basic of basic sets which puts more pressure on Rotom-W and defensive Amoonguss and M-Venusaur. SD dual STAB Talonflame acts as the main priority user along with a secondary end-game alongside an M-Sharpedo clean. Heal Block Klefki nurtures mons that come in and use recovery to offset the hazard pressure by Spikes. Shed Shell I threw on there since Magnezone taking out Klefki is somewhat problematic and gives you some breathing room to set up Spikes later in the game. Hope you enjoy.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 58017 View attachment 58020

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I tried a bunch of mons with these two but I'm not satisfied with any of them so far. Talonflame whittles stuff and checks grass types for Swampert. I would prefer a bulky balance/semi-stall team and I would like it to be a bit more creative than usual (even though this is subjective).
mio

AM

LCPL Champion
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest
Ability: Light Metal (Before Mega)
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

still not sure if anybody got my team,so just a heads up (balanced rain team,btw)
I honestly can't stand these sets, so if you want me to take it I'm gonna change sets. Yay or nay?

Edit: Ok I'm taking this.

Last edited:
Hello users of the teambuilding workshop, today i would like to request a squadron of absolute power fting the entry hazards; Toxic Spike, Spikes and Stealth Rocks. No webs b/c fuck webs.

As for the spikers and rockers, im fine with w/e but id like the tspiker to be Dragalge. I quite like it and find it to be an interesting mon, being able to do a ton to Clef, MSab and steels like Heatran and Ferro.

yung kindgra (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Enough speed to outspeed hippo and do a ton with draco, max hp and the rest in spA p self explanatory. Like i mentioned above, the spikers and rockers are all up to the builder, but i would like something to phaze mons and rack up spikes + rocks damage and also something like scarftar to keep hazards up. Thanks for reading and i hope esteemed user: AM aka "king OU" likes this post.

concept:
(doom desire)
requested by: seare825

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Wish
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost
well i'm gonna just start this off on a bitter note and say doom desire rachi is bad... and i mean BAD. even with max SpA investment, STAB, and doom desire's sheer power, it isn't really doing all that much damage considering you need leftovers in order to actually make use of jirachi. also, to keep jirachi the slightest bit alive, you need to be running wish, meaning you are missing out coverage-wise. constantly switching jirachi out with pretty much no benefit means that it's virtually dead weight in every battle. i tried my best to build around this concept, and while i think the build itself looks solid, it doesn't perform that well simply due to jirachi nearly being the equivalent to an empty slot.

anyways, to start, i wanted to have something to break down steels, and something to break down bulky waters. initially i had keldeo > zard-x, but each variation lacked solid a solid win condition, so i decided to go with the route of a fatter team featuring offensive zard-x. as previously mentioned, zard-x provides a clear win condition while directly helping jirachi (doom desire) with bulky steels; also, it helps against speedy electrics. like i said, something to break down bulky waters was necessary to help both jirachi and zard-x, so i went with a thundurus-i carrying grass knot. water + grounds are a pain in the butt, so this is almost necessary. now i know you asked for a more bulky offensive team, but i preferred going a more balanced route with this one due to how much you're switching rachi out. slowbro was a nice pivot for this team thanks to regenerator, and it also provides thunder wave support which jirachi can appreciate. it's also nice that it checks things like zard-x and other offensive fire types, keldeo, etc.. next i went with tank chomp because it checks all that general stuff like birds, offensive steels (bisharp), offensive grounds, etc. while providing rocks and chip damage with rocky helmet + rough skin. finally, skarmory was chosen to fill the defensive role jirachi would normally fill (sorta) while providing defog support for zard-x.

the team doesn't really like heatran due to it being able to easily get up rocks on skarmory & how it checks zard-x, thund, and rachi. you can run earthquake on zard-x to handle it if you'd like, but tank chomp + slowbro is usually enough to handle it (given it doesn't have toxic or hp ice or somethin). tornadus-t is also a bit annoying, but it can be handled offensively... the team just lacks a switch-in to it. you can run raikou > thundurus-i if you'd like, but this leaves you much weaker to water + ground types. hydreigon and hoopa-u are also sorta annoying, and you basically have to out-muscle them.

other than that stuff, if you'd like, you can run nasty plot > thunder wave on thundurus to have another solid win condition. you can run psychic or another coverage move > protect on jirachi, but protect is nice for actually healing. you can run calm mind > thunder wave on slowbro in order to boost up against specially offensive threats, but the speed control is pretty helpful. if you find grasses annoying and you think doom desire rachi is enough to handle fairies like mega gardevoir and mega diancie, you can run brave bird > iron head on skarmory, but i wouldn't recommend this, honestly.

hope you enjoy this team! again, while the concept of doom desire jirachi always seems neat on paper, it's just so. bad. in practice. if you want something to utilize one of those 2 turn moves, i'd suggest specs regenerator reuniclus with future sight. regenerator means that as you repeatedly switch out, you aren't constantly losing chunks of HP, and once you get rid of opposing dark types, it can be pretty fun to play around with. if you'd like to request that core, feel free to do so; i can't promise that i'll pick it up, but if i'm not busy i might go for it because it seems fun o.o

thanks AM for testing and thanks DennisEG for helping me review the team ^^

Zimzy

Core: Kyurem-B+M-Manectric

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Metagross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

So yeah, really cool core that I found fun to build with. So the core was weak to Ice-types and Dark-types so my first addition was Keldeo. Keldeo+Kyurem-B really made for a fantastic wallbreaking duo that complemented M-Manectric really well due to their ability to take on Bulky ground-types. The team was severely weak to the likes of Fairy-types and Dragon-types, owing to the fact that I didn't have any mons that could outspeed and kill, so I added AV Metagross which is a really important addition to the team due to the fact that it Pursuit-traps the Lati twins for Keldeo, M-Manectric, and Kyurem-B and makes for an important addition to the team's defensive backbone. Landorus-T and Latios were added as my electric, fire, and water resists, respectively. Landorus-T forms a nice VoltTurn Core with M-Manectric go bring in Kyurem-B or Keldeo to just bombard the opponent. Very fun team, enjoy :)

punkysaur

Core: M-Gardevoir+SR Gliscor

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock off

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Very standard M-Gardevoir Balance. Keldeo was added because the core struggled against Hoopa and Weavile+Keldeo takes on Scizor really well so that M-Gardevoir is covered. Ferrothorn was added to provide the team with an, albeit, shaky Fairy resist and to provide Spikes support for the team. It also checked some crucial pokemon like M-Diancie, Kyurem-B, and Manaphy as they seemed pretty overwhelmed by them. BandTar+AV Tornadus-T were added to complete the defensive backbone of the team. AV Tornadus-T acts a very nice pivot on the team and lures in Heatran for M-Gardevoir with Superpower. BandTar is there to check the likes of Kyurem-B and Zard-X, and complements the team very well. It's a very underrated set which applies pressure on a lot of fat balance builds. The team is weak to ZardY, ZardX, Clefable (Hence T-Wave+Iron Head Ferrothorn for the latter two to not set up freely), M-Diancie, Thundurus, but they have to potential to be played around. You could go ScarfTar or ScarfKeldeo to remedy some of the problems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)