Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo there again. Looking for someone to work with this core.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Latias is obviously the focus point of the core and eventually the team. Mega Evolve for the boost, multiple Calm Minds later and you try to hit everything that's not strong against it with Stored Power. Dragon Pulse instead of Substitute is an option to avoid the lack of variety in attacks.

Garchomp is one of many possible partners for Latias I thought about, but I'll list the other ones later. You're free to use any of them if you think they're better suited in combination with Latias.

So, Garchomp is there to help out with physical attacks and setting up Rocks. Where Latias can take special attacks without any problems it lacks way to deal with physical attacks

Below are Pokemon that I thought of instead of Garchomp. I haven't planned any sets for them except one so you're free to go wherever you want for them. (Except Spikes on Skarmory).

Garchomp replacements: Skarmory, Chestnaught, Keldeo, Hippowdon and Ferrothorn.
It has been nearly two weeks, so I thought I would try and post another core.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse

I found this online, and I actually really like it. M-Latias is the centerpiece, and really only requires ways to deal with checks. Calm Mind a few times and then go to town once threats are gone.

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

A Fighting-type covers Latias' inability to deal with Steal and Dark. So, I thought let's go with Machamp. Depending on the ability (No Guard or Guts) its main STAB would change. With No Guard Dynamic Punch would be the superior option while with Guts it would be Close Combat.

Note that running Conkeldurr is fine with me, since I'm more interested in having a Fighting-type than anything, but unless you really dislike using Machamp try to stay with him as part of the core.

I would like this to be Hyper Offense, if possible. Also, you can remove my old core from the list since I prefer this one by far.

I am back once again to request a core for Weavile and Magnezone. Weavile is an amazing Pokemon imo, and can usually check offensive threats, such as Landorus-T (scarfed), Garchomp (scarfed/banded/LO), Bisharp (not too sure about this one tbh), Tornadus-T, and many more. However, Weavile can not handle fairies effectively without Poison Jab (which this set does not have, purely because low sweep felt a bit more needed to me, as it can kill heatran and bisharp when Magnezone cannot), so I added Magnezone. Magnezone does an amazing job at forcing fairies to switch out and make the opposing Pokemon take a big hit. It also helps stop things like Scizor and Ferrothorn from easily killing Weavile with Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball respectively.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick/Poison Jab (really up to whoever decides to build this team, if it ever gets built)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

p2

Banned deucer.
I am back once again to request a core for Weavile and Magnezone. Weavile is an amazing Pokemon imo, and can usually check offensive threats, such as Landorus-T (scarfed), Garchomp (scarfed/banded/LO), Bisharp (not too sure about this one tbh), Tornadus-T, and many more. However, Weavile can not handle fairies effectively without Poison Jab (which this set does not have, purely because low sweep felt a bit more needed to me, as it can kill heatran and bisharp when Magnezone cannot), so I added Magnezone. Magnezone does an amazing job at forcing fairies to switch out and make the opposing Pokemon take a big hit. It also helps stop things like Scizor and Ferrothorn from easily killing Weavile with Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball respectively.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick/Poison Jab (really up to whoever decides to build this team, if it ever gets built)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
aite.

It has been nearly two weeks, so I thought I would try and post another core.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse

I found this online, and I actually really like it. M-Latias is the centerpiece, and really only requires ways to deal with checks. Calm Mind a few times and then go to town once threats are gone.

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

A Fighting-type covers Latias' inability to deal with Steal and Dark. So, I thought let's go with Machamp. Depending on the ability (No Guard or Guts) its main STAB would change. With No Guard Dynamic Punch would be the superior option while with Guts it would be Close Combat.

Note that running Conkeldurr is fine with me, since I'm more interested in having a Fighting-type than anything, but unless you really dislike using Machamp try to stay with him as part of the core.

I would like this to be Hyper Offense, if possible. Also, you can remove my old core from the list since I prefer this one by far.
i can do that older lati+chomp one, ive got a team with that core already and its solid enough so ill post it sometime soon

I'd like to make a request for a core to work on, this is my first ever post so I apologize if anything is off or whatnot, still learning my way around here. I mostly play balance so that's the style I'm looking for if that's at all possible.

gyarados-Mega @ gyaradosite
Ability: mold breaker
jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake/Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

Little bit of an explanation. So when looking at these two pokemon, they pay very nicely off one another, Celebi supports the gyarados sweep almost perfectly... almost. It can switch in on any statuses like burn or para and get a status of it's own off then get out, that's what I use it for at least. Celebi checks things like bulky waters that Gyarados otherwise might not be able to deal with early or mid game and by being super bulky can sponge some necessary hits. Gyarados switches in on any knock offs that wanna come celebi's way and deals with fire and ghost types well (obviously).

I'd like to point out, a lot of mons that could be threats arent after one DDance for gyarados.

Problems: problems for this duo include scizor/Mega scizor that can almosts infinitely wall gyarados and take out celebi with ease. another problem can come in the form of bisharp who's sucker punch does a solid amount of damage to gyarados along with anything else it does so I wouldn't consider that a switch in. venasuar is a huge issue for this core as well as zard-Y. manectric is another threat along with bulky conk and ferro. I guess that is a lot of threats, but I really think it can work well but I might just not be thinking hard enough. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
sooo... i like being evil.
upload_2016-3-14_10-9-12.jpeg

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off

lol this is the fourth time in a row that i've requested a bulky water. :/

anyways, double dance mega bro is pretty cool just cuz a lot of teams can't break it. after iron defense, you literally can't die, then just spam cm and scald and win. so yeah, thanks in advance

p2

Banned deucer.

core:
+

requested by: Zimzy on page 28 post 682

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick / Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Feint
- Close Combat

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

pretty nice easy core to work with, mag removing mons annoying to weavile like skarmory and ferro while also taking on its best counter in mega scizor. the best thing about pairing mag with something like weavile is that you're gonna be able to easily remove shed shells. one thing i like pairing with mag is cm latios but the way this build turned out, i had to change from cm because the team needs defog for mega pinsir to function. so yeah with using mag, i like to just throw on mons that benefit from mag removing steels so i just went with a pretty generic pinsir + land-t addition. pinsir is a pretty big threat right now and beats a bunch of teams which is nice given the surge in grass types like loom, tang, amoong, while lando does lando things in checking zard, birds, sand, and setting sr. the last pick was kinda odd, but i picked shaymin out of all things. it's one of those mons ive struggled to fit onto a team but it actually fits really nicely here, providing an additional check to waters and healing wish support. went with ep + psychic + hw as other moves because if you're using shaymin, you might as well use it for the shit that actually separates it from serperior.

changes you can make:
latias > latios, fairly obvious one, lets you handle electrics better
serperior > shaymin, yeah people probably aren't gonna like shaymin but the alternative of a faster grass is there to use. you can also use scarf celebi because that set is lit as fuck. shoutouts me for innovating it in oras
heatran is pretty annoying too so se coverage on lati (surf/eq) is nice

watch out for bisharp and opposing weavile and you should be fine, enjoy.

core:
+

requested by: Holy157 on page 26 post 630

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Surf

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

ive had this team for a while, and it's mostly based off that annoying ass fat balance team that popped up a lot during olt. it's got a similar backbone of clef/skarm/chomp/mega lati which is really effective because it covers a huge amount of threats. wanted to use av tang so i used it, does an awesome job of checking waters and electrics and it never dies to special attacks, also takes on physical attackers nicely. overall its a neat mon and it fits nicely on here because it does some stuff like act as a shaky check to manaphy, but from my experience ice beam isn't as common as it used to be. the zam set is kinda weird but jesus christ does it shit on stall. the set was made by mcm i think, and coupled with spike stack and knock off, you completely ruin stalls most common answer to zam in chansey because you 2hko with rocks up and pressure it heavily with spikes. using zam without shadow ball is kinda awkward because you don't have a way of hitting other psychics but it's still a nice option nontheless. point is, spikes and magic guard is broken and if you can support it well, you're good to go.

don't really have any particular changes for this team but if you're making any changes, you're gonna want to make the hoopa matchup less brutal, good thing a bunch are cb and you can attempt to pivot around that with the team as it is.

Last edited:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Idk if this core actually works well in practice, but it seems pretty good on paper. The idea is that Gardevoir breaks stuff so that Bisharp can sweep late game. They have decent offensive synergy, with Gardevoir being checked by things like Jirachi, Ferrothorn, and Metagross, which Bisharp beats/sets up on. Bisharp is checked by Keldeo, Scizor, and Garchomp and Gardevoir can lure/destroy them pretty easily. Wisp is nice on Gard to catch switch-ins of its own like Scizor and Jirachi to weaken them, but Taunt is also nice to beat Chansey. Idk, depends on the team. Would like it to be hyper or bulky offense if anyone takes this, thanks!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald

Requesting a balanced team made around Calm Mind Manaphy. I've been building a lot around Manaphy lately (Especially those TG + RD sets, gotta love fucking stall), and I've recently come across this set, which is actually pretty cool. The Defense investment lets it check stuff like Excadrill and Talonflame, and sets up easily on bulky Grounds like Landorus-T and Hippowdown, making this set a great check to Sand teams. Rest + Hydration in Rain lets Manaphy heal up and wake up instantly, and it also helps against stall so Manaphy doesn't get worn down. Overall, while being a bit overshadowed by Tail Glow sets, CM Manaphy sounds like a really cool anti-meta bulky sweeper, and I hope I get a good team with it! Thanks in advance builders! n_n

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Dropping the M-Scizor + Politoed core as well. I think M-Scizor Rain and most rains in general are pretty ass these days and I honestly don't think it's worth the hassle to build on an inferior core that has no real creative process in combination with effectiveness.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Skarmx2

Core:

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Dragalge is a pretty cool pokemon tspikes really hurt a lot of bulky builds that rely on stuff like hippo to sponge hits all game, they also wear down stuff like keldeo who like to stay in and click scald for free. Drag has enough speed to outpace Clef you could run more but i dont think the lack of bulk is worth it tbh. Bulky SD Lando is the rocker for this team since it lets you break early game vs fatter teams and gives you a decent check to sand and clef thats got a couple boosts. The speed lets you outpace + speed nature base 70's while also speed creeping other things that are trying to outpace them, Rest of the evs go into HP to make it bulky and Attack to make it hit hard af after a boost. Ferrothorn completes the triple hazard core and gives you a decentish check to lati as long as no hp fire, ev spread is standard knock off over protect or power whip so you can knock of stuff like amoongus and other ferrothorns which can help weavile in the late game. Weavile gives you a way to trap starmie and lati@s, its also really hard to switch into if you have spikes up. Lop gives the team some much needed speed to go along with weavile, i chose dual prio because it fits the team decently letting you pick off weak azu's without taking an aqua jet you could choose other fourth moves like PuP to help sweep along side tspikes. Bulky Starmie isnt very good but the team needed a switch in to keldeo that doesn mind a burn and a way to remove opposing hazards without taking away all you own otherwise lati would be a better choice.

Nedor

thiccc
Would like a balance team around venu+ tar. Just gonna link NotFalse 's post as he said everything I would've said and more. Pretty simple and common core. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3549713/page-11#post-6702885
hiya dude, i've already built with this core here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v3-closed.3551722/page-7#post-6501305 | have fun with the team and feel free to change any sets or spreads that you prefer! n_n

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Requested by: Fugly2

Core:

Team:

sort (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

unfoolish (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Calm Mind

isnt. (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Taunt

thsmomnton (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore
- Spore

feit (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

thnkn (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Curse
The whole Diancie + CM Latios cores usually take two approaches with either a bunch of goons slapped on together or something like this with a partial offensive core and a defensive backbone. Attack invested Diancie I find is more appropriate when paired up with CM Latios and for this team as well. The CM Latios is pretty standard nothing too special here although you could probably find a better spread to hit defensive benchmarks? Idk, but anyways Dual Spore Amoonguss allows sleep and paralysis spreading for the slower nature of the team. Torn-T is Torn-T I think HP Ice is an necessarily evil to pressure the omnipresent Lando-T and Chomps but you also have the option of using Taunt to slow down defensive cores better. Wisp Heatran gives you a better countermeasure against the likes of Bisharp and physical attackers / switch ins. I felt Gastrodon was good here to give you a water immunity and not keel over to electrics. The Amoonguss, Heatran, Gastro backbone felt really strong and even if Hoopa is annoying to it you can have your offensive portions of the team apply pressure on it as everyone has a fetish for Specs Hoopa. Teams slightly weak to sand and Taunt on Torn-T can provide some cushion against CM Clefable a bit better. Enjoy dude.

AM

LCPL Champion
Requested by: Vxy

Core:

Team:
Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 204 Def / 16 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Drain Punch
- Trick

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
I don't feel like Bisharp + M-Gardevoir works on anything else but offense. I packed a Rotom-W in there because it provides a bunch of utility both of those mons like, pivoting, TFlame check throwing wisps around, etc. Nidoking gives you a secondary check to Clefable and a wall-breaker where you can opt to use Thunderbolt if you find bulky waters annoying. Scarf Hoopa felt right here considering I needed a revenge killer against offense that in worst case scenario if pursuiter could use Bisharp to set up an SD. Edgequake Chomp with Life Orb helps put a dent in some wall-breakers like M-Gard who is mildly annoying while maintaining pressure on both Zard Forms. Fire Blast is to roast any Skarmorys or Ferrothorns who think they're safe.

Teams slightly weak to M-Diancie. If you want to be boring and have more defensive utility against the likes of Keldeo and Char-Y you're free to change Nidoking to something like Calm Mind Latios. Gard, Bish, Rotom, Latios, LO Torn, Chomp is the more bland variant you'd probably run. Enjoy.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pretty nice specs spam core here that breaks a lot of stuff. Specs latios hits really hard and thrives with keldeo, weakening steel checks to latios and things like clef that can normally be annoying to keldeo. Specs lati can also trick and take out a keld check pretty easily. Defensively they cover obviously with lati serving as a secondary electric sponge and keldeo taking on the darks that trouble latios. Mostly looking to exploit their offensive synergy though. Feel free to change up the last slot on keld or the lati set w/hp fire/roost/defog or whatever's needed. Thanks!
ok i think im back, ill grab this hopefully nobody has taken it.

jacob

Hello, good evening all. I request a team around the following core.

Altaria @ Altarianite
248 HP / 136 Def / 96 Sp.Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

I have never played OU metagame after the release of ORAS, actually I stopped playing OU at Gen 5, so I don't have too much experience. I chose this core because I do have little experience with Weavile and Altaria. I tried to build around this and a bulky offense did fit well in some cases (except for weavile cause his defences are paper-like :P). But every time I did it there were some weakness. After some battles I noticed that the major problem were Steel pokes, M-venusaur. Then I tried Talon + Magnezone, but the team struggled against HO, and faster pokes. I got some teams already built, but I wanted one from pro-hands, which I could compare.

Thanks! :)
Taking

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Azumarill (F) @ Lum Berry / Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Zammega is very fast and very potent. Always liked the idea of both blast and hp fire since they can smack all steels in the tier. Notably Sciz-Mega so Azu can do more work. Psychic can be chosen over Shock but this is moreso for the idea of both blast and hp fire. Azu appreciates the loss of bulky steels like Ferro and Scizor and can work over things like hippo and sableye. Eh, I guess you can make Alakazam into LO/Sash variant, but I really, really like Zam-Mega and the speed is fantastic.
taking

AM

LCPL Champion
Requested by Tio Chico

Core:

Team:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
This was kind of annoying for me to build trying to fit a variety of stuff such as rockers, defensive / offensive checks, along with a solid win con. Some builds sort of just fell apart at a looming threat like one version that was floored by an SD M-Scizor. Granted it took a couple of tries but I ended up getting something relatively well in my eyes down. I changed the Hoopa set to Specs since it was way more useful to break stuff for M-Aerodactyl. Roost Aero to maintain longevity with Pursuit to supplement the team in removing the likes of Latis, Torn-T, Alakazam, and Pursuit just being a powerful tool there's no reason you shouldn't be running Pursuit on M-Aero. Rotom-W along with Torn-T provide the traditional pivoting core to get everything in more safely. Heatran as the rocker, steel, Lati switch in, with Taunt because fat cores were problematic without Taunt, big one being Clefable. Sub SD Salac Chomp gives the team a win condition to utilize for late game cleaning while pressuring choice users and scarftar from pursuiting Hoopa with no opportunity cost. Team should be played offensively, you don't want to give spikers a chance to set up spikes granted it isn't too difficult to pressure them with a combination of Heatran, Garchomp, and Hoopa-U. Enjoy.

Edit: Taunt over Roost is something I ended up changing after tests

jacob

3heartschall

Core:

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost/Hidden Power Fire

This team is a pretty standard Offense team. The Alt gives the team a wincon and cleric so you can play your mons a bit more reckless when facing status like twave or will-o-wisp. Weavile traps stuff for cm keld to break teams. Heatran gives you your clefable and lati@s check while gives you rocks, the evs give it some bulk and makes magma storm sting the stuff that like to switch in on it. Choice Scarf Lando-T gives you a revenge killer and soft check to sand teams but you cant really switch into drill with it. CM Keldeo lets you handle stall teams decently and a back up wincon if alt just isnt sweeping the opposing team. Lastly Latios gives you your hazard clearer so stealth rocks and spikes dont mess up the team to badly, if you want to weaken or even kill Ferrothorn for the alt sweep you could run HP Fire over roost.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
I would like to request a team around Mega Sceptile i figured that Id throw ttar with it to check Birds

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Protect / Body Slam
- U-turn

Yo, I'm requesting a fat balance with these two mons. These days MLatis did become very popular in the OU metagame because of the great bulk and the amazing Boltbeam coverage. Thunder Wave cripples stuff like Clef so that Jirachie can counter it with more ez. Jirachie checks stuff like Clef, Kyurem-B and opposing MLatis that pressures MLati.

I'd like to request a team built around Serperior and Mega Lopunny. The Serperior set I would like to use is a Sub/Seed set with the coverage move of Hidden Power [Fire]. With this coverage move you can deal with Steel types such as Ferrothorn/Scizor/ and Skarmory. Being able to handle those few steels, and the ability to get rid of grounds/waters is why I believe that Mega-Lopunny is a great partner for Serperior. Mega Lopunny appreciates the ability of Serperior to check bulky waters as Slowbro / Quagsire / Rotom-W / Manaphy, and grounds such as Hippowdon / Gliscor / Landorus-T, so that Mega Lopunny can go about HJK'ing the metagame. This Core has a large weakness to flying types such as Talonflame/Charizard-Y/Tornadus-T, and some of the bulkier grass types such as Celebi/Tangrowth/Mega Venusaur.

*The Serperior set can be changed if need be, I thought this would be a cool set to run but sometimes Team building requires changes! Also, the last slot on Lopunny is up to the team's needs be it Quick Attack, Healing Wish, Ice Punch, etc.*

Thanks!
+

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- OPEN COVERAGE SLOT

Nedor

thiccc
I'd like to request a team built around Serperior and Mega Lopunny. The Serperior set I would like to use is a Sub/Seed set with the coverage move of Hidden Power [Fire]. With this coverage move you can deal with Steel types such as Ferrothorn/Scizor/ and Skarmory. Being able to handle those few steels, and the ability to get rid of grounds/waters is why I believe that Mega-Lopunny is a great partner for Serperior. Mega Lopunny appreciates the ability of Serperior to check bulky waters as Slowbro / Quagsire / Rotom-W / Manaphy, and grounds such as Hippowdon / Gliscor / Landorus-T, so that Mega Lopunny can go about HJK'ing the metagame. This Core has a large weakness to flying types such as Talonflame/Charizard-Y/Tornadus-T, and some of the bulkier grass types such as Celebi/Tangrowth/Mega Venusaur.

*The Serperior set can be changed if need be, I thought this would be a cool set to run but sometimes Team building requires changes! Also, the last slot on Lopunny is up to the team's needs be it Quick Attack, Healing Wish, Ice Punch, etc.*

Thanks!
+

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- OPEN COVERAGE SLOT
sure n_n

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Protect / Body Slam
- U-turn

Yo, I'm requesting a fat balance with these two mons. These days MLatis did become very popular in the OU metagame because of the great bulk and the amazing Boltbeam coverage. Thunder Wave cripples stuff like Clef so that Jirachie can counter it with more ez. Jirachie checks stuff like Clef, Kyurem-B and opposing MLatis that pressures MLati.

Nice signature

Now onto my request. I would like to request a core around M-Latias and Infernape. M-Latias is troubled by dark types and Infernape tackles those dark types. I would like the team to be made so Latias is the win con and gets provided support for the win. To be honest, I just M-Latias and a fighting type. Infernape is good because of reliable recovery and the ability to burn things. I would like a Balance team since I don't do much balance

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)