Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to request something

I've been recently making positively mixed results (currently around 1400 on the ladder) with a Mega Scizor balanced-offense team and I wanted to see how it could be improved upon. I'll drop a couple mons and their roles and would like to see what you ladies and germs could possibly improve on.

Mega-Scizor: Bulky SD sweeper

Excadrill: Spinner/Anti-Magic Bounce Rocks setter

Clefable: Anti-stall

Feel free to remove Clefable if you want, but the Exca and Mega Sciz have been bread and buttering most of my games.

Nedor

thiccc

core:

T R A P S O U L (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

right my wrongs (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

rambo (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

exchange (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Heal Block
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

been that way (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

overtime (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

hey lunasena, i felt with a core of mega alakazam + azumarill that a more offensive approach should be taken, but a simple backbone would definitely be appreciated due to the fact that the core struggles with a few things (common priority users, electrics, etc.). went with cm mega alakazam as a main wincon to clean out a game + banded azumarill to function as a breaker while taking pressure off some weather builds.

i started off with rocks tankchomp to punish those threatening priority users and general physical attackers like talonflame, bisharp, mega scizor, and mega lopunny, while preventing stuff like av tornadus-t coming in freely on mega alakazam due to rocks, and hitting a speed tier for base 80's. a spiker would be beneficial to wear down checks to the main cleaner, especially considering chople berry 'mons have been a popular way of dealing with stuff that has fighting coverage, klefki was chosen in this slot. it provides a good defensive typing for latis, fairies, and 'mons like weavile so azumarill isn't forced to lose its item. heal block is optimal for keep some defensive cores low too. breaking down bulkier teams directly was troublesome as hazards simply won't cut it; decided that lo 3 attacks roost kyurem-b would be a fine option. it offensively checks electric types that were a problem and acts as a wallbreaker in tandem with hazards and speed control. the last slot is np thundurus which acts as a secondary cleaner, has the ability to break down bulkier builds, and its typing also allows it to soft check birds and mega scizor as it does find set-up opportunities on a few members of the team. i found hp flying to be useful to lure in bulky grasses even with kyurem-b, heal block klefki + hazards, as well as doing more damage to 'mons such as serperior, m-medicham, loom, m-lopunny, etc., but feel free to change it to hp ice if you feel like its not necessary. also, focus blast was chosen as opposed to thunder wave because allowing stuff like ferrothorn to cut your momentum and set spikes freely is something you don't want. scarf tyranitar is also a popular choice people abuse on balance to check kyurem-b, offensive electrics, etc., but it will get easily overwhelmed by all the pressure. the build is pretty straightforward in the way it plays, have fun.

(given permission from jacob to take over the core)

Last edited:

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake / Hidden Power Ice

Heatran - Basically any set
M-Latias + Tangrowth blanket check a surprisingly large amount of offensive mons, even ones generally considered wallbreakers like Keldeo, Azumarill, Char-Y, etc. Decided to go with ben gay's physdef tang since I'm sick and tired of AV failing me when I need it most - 50 spdef just isn't enough sometimes. Heatran is added since it's one of the best teammates to both M-Latias and Tangrowth. As for M-Latias, I far prefer Reflect Type over TWave in terms of overall utility, but that might just be me. I haven't detailed a set for Heatran because it depends on the rest of the team - SR, Magma Storm, Scarf, it can be any one of these - and more - based on the overall team.

Main problem with this core is that it's slow as sin (even with Latias), and it doesn't take some wallbreakers all that well (like Hoopa-U, but that's a given for like 85% of teams on the ladder nowadays). If you want to use a non-standard Heatran set (read: like half of gen 4's tran sets), then be my guest. You don't even have to use Heatran, if it ever comes to that.

Hello everyone, I'd like to request a team featuring two of my favorite pokemon. I'm pretty open on most any kind of team, my only request is to not include Heatran or Sableye as I generally don't enjoy using either, and Idon't like the playstyle that they require (looking at Sableye)
Thanks in advance!

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Hello everyone, I'd like to request a team featuring two of my favorite pokemon. I'm pretty open on most any kind of team, my only request is to not include Heatran or Sableye as I generally don't enjoy using either, and Idon't like the playstyle that they require (looking at Sableye)
Thanks in advance!
taking

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 136 SpA / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Thunder Wave

Requesting a bulky offense team made around offensive Mega Slowbro. Offensive MegaBro is a pretty cool and unexpected lure to some of the Calm Mind set's usual checks and counters, like Ferrothorn and the Lati's, luring them with Slowbro's rather impressive movepool. It also is still insanely bulky, and isn't really seen that much due to the CM set being much more popular, but I still think it can be decent, as it can pair well with mons that appreciate having mons like Ferro weakened or eliminated. Thanks in advance!

Would like a HO team built around specs hoopa. Ik theres that balance team with it that was posted in sample teams but I lose interest in a game after 25 turns and HO is much more fun to play. Thanks in advance.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

core:

T R A P S O U L (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

right my wrongs (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

rambo (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

exchange (Klefki) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Heal Block
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

been that way (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

overtime (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

hey lunasena, i felt with a core of mega alakazam + azumarill that a more offensive approach should be taken, but a simple backbone would definitely be appreciated due to the fact that the core struggles with a few things (common priority users, electrics, etc.). went with cm mega alakazam as a main wincon to clean out a game + banded azumarill to function as a breaker while taking pressure off some weather builds.

i started off with rocks tankchomp to punish those threatening priority users and general physical attackers like talonflame, bisharp, mega scizor, and mega lopunny, while preventing stuff like av tornadus-t coming in freely on mega alakazam due to rocks, and hitting a speed tier for base 80's. a spiker would be beneficial to wear down checks to the main cleaner, especially considering chople berry 'mons have been a popular way of dealing with stuff that has fighting coverage, klefki was chosen in this slot. it provides a good defensive typing for latis, fairies, and 'mons like weavile so azumarill isn't forced to lose its item. heal block is optimal for keep some defensive cores low too. breaking down bulkier teams directly was troublesome as hazards simply won't cut it; decided that lo 3 attacks roost kyurem-b would be a fine option. it offensively checks electric types that were a problem and acts as a wallbreaker in tandem with hazards and speed control. the last slot is np thundurus which acts as a secondary cleaner, has the ability to break down bulkier builds, and its typing also allows it to soft check birds and mega scizor as it does find set-up opportunities on a few members of the team. i found hp flying to be useful to lure in bulky grasses even with kyurem-b, heal block klefki + hazards, as well as doing more damage to 'mons such as serperior, m-medicham, loom, m-lopunny, etc., but feel free to change it to hp ice if you feel like its not necessary. also, focus blast was chosen as opposed to thunder wave because allowing stuff like ferrothorn to cut your momentum and set spikes freely is something you don't want. scarf tyranitar is also a popular choice people abuse on balance to check kyurem-b, offensive electrics, etc., but it will get easily overwhelmed by all the pressure. the build is pretty straightforward in the way it plays, have fun.

(given permission from jacob to take over the core)
Ah, my preference is the more offensive, straightforward builds the most. Thank you, I love the way it looks so much! I'll try my best with it.

3heartschall

Core:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 140 HP / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost/Hidden Power Fire

This team is a pretty standard Offense team. The Alt gives the team a wincon and cleric so you can play your mons a bit more reckless when facing status like twave or will-o-wisp. Weavile traps stuff for cm keld to break teams. Heatran gives you your clefable and lati@s check while gives you rocks, the evs give it some bulk and makes magma storm sting the stuff that like to switch in on it. Choice Scarf Lando-T gives you a revenge killer and soft check to sand teams but you cant really switch into drill with it. CM Keldeo lets you handle stall teams decently and a back up wincon if alt just isnt sweeping the opposing team. Lastly Latios gives you your hazard clearer so stealth rocks and spikes dont mess up the team to badly, if you want to weaken or even kill Ferrothorn for the alt sweep you could run HP Fire over roost.
OMG, I loved it! :DDDDD I'll try my best at using this gorgeous team! Thanksss :)

Sup homies,

I've come to this hood to get a squad together and get back into OU. I'll ask for a team built around this core I found which seems pretty dope:

Ice Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Eazy-E (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Basically, two heavy hitters that can smoke each other's checks and tear holes in the other gang. Feel free to change the sets (ex. HP Fire on Cube), they're just the standard kinda sets for these two. For this core I'd like a HO or Bulky Offense type of gang.

Thanks homies, keep it gangsta.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Sup homies,

I've come to this hood to get a squad together and get back into OU. I'll ask for a team built around this core I found which seems pretty dope:

Ice Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Eazy-E (Heracross-Mega) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Basically, two heavy hitters that can smoke each other's checks and tear holes in the other gang. Feel free to change the sets (ex. HP Fire on Cube), they're just the standard kinda sets for these two. For this core I'd like a HO or Bulky Offense type of gang.

Thanks homies, keep it gangsta.
SUP HOMIE I'LL TAKE THIS SHIZ AND MAKE U A GOON SQUAD

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pursuit M-Aero + Band Terrakion

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Roost

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

This is a nice "Rock-Spam" core that I was thinking about the other day; Band Terrakion is a great pokemon right now being able to put huge dents in teams which tend to use Slowbro and Lando as their Rock resist for some reason. Of course the problem lies with many of the mons who outspeed Terrakion, such as Latios, Starmie and Lopunny, who all can easily outspeed and OHKO Terrakion. The moves on Band Terrak can be switched however you like, you can pick whatever moves work best for the specific team.

Here's where M-Aero comes into play. While not the most favorable mon in the meta right now, it's ability to outspeed and deal with many of the threats that Terrakion has trouble with give it great synergy with Terrakion. Pursuit Aero is the set of choice here, as it allows Aero to take advantage of switches it causes and rid threats to allow for Terrakion to break through the enemy team with even more ease.

I have been trying to build around this core, but each build I've been making has had some serious flaws so I'm not necessarily sure how to go about it; I hope someone would be able to make a great team that would make this core work, preferably by alleviating weaknesses to like Azu and Scizor. But overall i feel this core has a lot of potential and I hope that someone can put some good work into a team for it. n_n

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Crunch

So, I've been looking at this core for quite some time. After playing a bit around with some HO teams, and really liking the style, I thought I would go with this. While I'm not sure if HO is fitting for this core, I would like it at least to be an offensive team.

Onto the sets. Garchomp is the focus of the core, having access to Mega Evolution and Swords Dance to boost its power heavily. With the Sandstream/Smooth Rock combo from its partner Earthquake will be boosted even further. Obviously Earthquake isn't usable every time so Dragon Claw is there as the secondary STAB. Finally Fire Blast gives coverage against Steel-types.

T-Tar is mainly there to support Garchomp, The Sandstream/Smooth Rock combo is all about assisting Garchomp, and combined with Stealth Rock should give it every tool to be a threat. Pursuit traps Lati@s and Stone Edge is another STAB move. The last move gives it different coverage depending on what threatens the team the most.

Looking forward to what you guys can do with it.

Last edited:
+

I think this core can really put in work. Specs Hoopa-U can weaken lopunny's counters and checks.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch/Power Up Punch

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Trick

p2

Banned deucer.
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Crunch

So, I've been looking at this core for quite some time. After playing a bit around with some HO teams, and really liking the style, I thought I would go with this. While I'm not sure if HO is fitting for this core, I would like it at least to be an offensive team.

Onto the sets. Garchomp is the focus of the core, having access to Mega Evolution and Swords Dance to boost its power heavily. With the Sandstream/Smooth Rock combo from its partner Earthquake will be boosted even further. Obviously Earthquake isn't usable every time so Dragon Claw is there as the secondary STAB. Finally Fire Blast gives coverage against Steel-types.

T-Tar is mainly there to support Garchomp, The Sandstream/Smooth Rock combo is all about assisting Garchomp, and combined with Stealth Rock should give it every tool to be a threat. Pursuit traps Lati@s and Stone Edge is another STAB move. The last move gives it different coverage depending on what threatens the team the most.

Looking forward to what you guys can do with it.
i have a team with this ill post it soon

hello , I want a team here was the present and sorry for my bad English

archetype: Hyper Offense
Core:

Before Weavile, there was Mamoswine. In the current meta, it still hits hard and is one of the few Ice (and Ground)-type 'mons that can bypass their Water-type checks with Freeze-Dry. Still, it has problems with 'mons like Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Magnezone safely checks these 'mons by trapping them (kinda heartbreaking if the have Shed Shell though). To complete a VoltTurn core, I added Torndaus-T for it since it also appreciate Mag's trapping and has a high Speed stat to patch up the other two's middling Speed. Also, it deals with Mega Venusaur and that's what made me chose it over the others. Still, this is weak to Talonflame (Mag's too damn slow ;-;), so you can run Magneton or Mega Manectric instead of Magnezone to deal with it soundly in one slot. MegaMan can also check Azumarill, which can a pain for these guys. Faster Pokemon like Mega Lopunny are problems so things like ScarfLando-T and Mega Metagross can be useful. The core hates burns so Latias, Celebi, and Natural Cure Starmie would be appreicated. 'Mons who like Thundurus gone like Keldeo and Talonflame are nice. Hazard support is needed for VoltTurn teams regardless (unless you wanna wear down your team fast enough to crumble on its own). Honestly all three have a lot of variants (like Sash Mamo, Specs Magnezone and AV Torn-T) so take as you please.

Set:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb/ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash/Endeavor
- Stealth Rock/Freeze Dry

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower / Focus Blast / Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Taunt
Thanks.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
Static Zapdos + CM/RP MDiancie

+

So, many of you may know, Static Zapdos is now a thing and it seems such a fun cool mon to use because you can get some random paralyzes on everything that touches you. Sadly, you cannot use Defog with it. I thought Diancie will make a cool core with it because of the Magic Bounce and can make profit of this paralyzes.

The core is a bit self-explanatory, the sets I select for them are the standard ones, if you want to change them, no worries :)

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock

OR

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 36 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello bromelain nothing much to say about ur initial core, 2 heavy hitters with good synergy offensively. Next continuos with the blue color and great sinergy I add BD Azu, a forgotten threat imo, Latios baiting Tyranitar's to trap it, leave Azu a free setup. Next a second backup check to Bisharp and my mega slot, Fake + Quick HKO Talon after rocks so that's why doble priority is kinda good on this Lopu. My revenge killer + fairy check and able to gain offensive momentum Rachi Scarf, Fire Punch because scizor could be a problem, although Heart Stamp is good too, is just matter of what do you feel weak to. And last my rocker and pivot of the team Lando-T, pretty standar set but i like Yache on this build because you can lure Thundy early game, but Lum is so good too against Bulky Talonflame as you see the team don't enjoy facing this mon, you can handle it without Lum Lando-T you just need to play around a little bit. This basically is threats on threats but work very nice together. TOrn is super annoying too, because they never click Hurricane, but you can lured with Specs Latios. Enjoy!
Latios @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Defog
- Trick

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch / Heart Stamp

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Requesting an Offensive Team around Specs Kyurem-B + Specs Hoopa-U
+

EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Well, I saw someone posted about Specs Kyurem-B in the OU Creative Sets thread and he / she explains that Specs Kyu-B just destroys its normal checks like Clefable, Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Hoopa-Unbound is paired with Kyu-B to add serious wallbreaking power and destroy passive teams. Granted, the poster posted replays but if possible, I would like a more offensive team (the poster used a balanced team) . If it's not possible, then it's OK to do a balanced team too.

Hi guys I saw this core which was shared in the core guide by bludz I tried building a balance core for it but I get rekt :'(
Onto the core
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

OR

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry / Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play / Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog / Hidden Power [Fire]

I don't know know how to do the show hide tags and I can't figure out how to post images too :'(

Also I'm happy with a bulky offence team but my playstyle is more balanced

p2

Banned deucer.
core:
+

requested by: Holy157 on page 29 post 720 MadMayMason you may also be interested in this team

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]

ok i was a little slower in posting this, but im finally getting around to it.

pretty basic megachomp sand. megachomp is an underrated monster and its incredible at +2 because it just shits on so many fatter teams its ridiculous. i don't particularly like dragon stab on mega chomper, but people always seem to bring that up as a major complaint whenever i used it before, but it still shits on latis and torn so i don't exactly care that much regarding that, it's still an option should you want to use it. so yeah if you're using sand, you pretty much need exca, if you're using megachomp sand without driller, you're doing something horribly wrong. went with sd because jolly air balloon hits like a noodle, but i think adamant is pure ass in terms of speed, you can still go with it tho. amoonguss checks key threats like keldeo, loomer, and washer. latios helps remove annoying waters quickly with thunder, it also provides an additional answer to stuff like loom and keldeo because burns are annoying as hell. thunder is underrated on latios because it actually kills the mons it supposed to hit as in it ohkos azu and mana, and has a crispy 30% para chance on scarftar. keldeo was kinda needed for dark types because as you can tell, +2 bisharp kinda just wins. scarf also helps weaken mega zam a little because a couple of turns of sand and sr is gonna put it into hydro range quickly. i like this squad though, made it back in like january and it still works fine.

watch out for mega zam tho, it's a dick. traces sand rush and can ohko everything on the team bar garchomp. latios lives a hit from full and keldeo can pick it off if zam is weakened. also exca is the teams steel type so stuff like fairies are gonna be really annoying too. amoong can beat mega diancie, while chomper outspeeds and ohkos garde. annoying threats, but the team has plenty of counter play to handle them. enjoy.

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
Okay this workshop is open again!

Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

-OR-

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost/Earthquake

Okay, what you're probably thinking is, "sorry, I can't build around something as stupid as Pangoro." I understand where you're coming from. Pangoro is nothing more than a cool-looking, low-ladder sack of shit that has no grounds for a good team. And you're right. Pangoro is a cool-looking, low-ladder sack of shit. But when you look beyond the cool looking, low-ladder sack of shit stuff, you'll find that Pangoro is a pretty decent wallbreaker. Pangoro has a great movepool and hits hard with STAB Knock Off backed by a Life Orb and a Base 124 Attack. It can ravage fairies on the switch-in with Gunk Shot, suddenly catching stuff like Azumarill and Mega Altaria off guard. And Parting Shot! Parting Shot paves the way for Swords Dance Mega Charizard X to pop a SD, and BAM, gg folks. The same goes for Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X, too.

I would like an Offense or Balance Team based off of these two guys. You may reject this, and I understand, but try using Pangoro for once! I believe that it is viable enough to be worthy of a team. Thanks and peace!

Nedor

thiccc
core:

factory girl (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

all apologies (Talonflame) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift

absolution (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

q&a (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

about a girl (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
EVs: 72 HP / 216 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt

acedia (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

sup Chimeling, with a core like m-lopunny + serperior, there's a few directions the build can go; bulky offense / balance that uses a mandated backbone to manage threats which is a bulkier route in general, and straight hyper offense that offensively manages the metagame by applying pressure from turn 1. this is a team that was made a while ago that i had lying in builder that i thoroughly enjoyed using and had a ton of success with and the more offensive approach was taken as you will see. m-lopunny is just the standard pup set as i felt applying pressure on slower builds is fantastic, while serperior was changed to glare + 3 attacks | sub glare due to it being more optimal for the team by providing speed control.

even though the original core was pretty fast itself, it still needed some support in a revenge killer, a rocker to ensure ohkos and 2hkos, a secondary way of breaking past grounds in general for consistency, and the role compression sand provides. the combination of lead tyranitar and balloon sd excadrill was added; with max spatk ice beam + fire blast, tyranitar is capable of removing or weakening bulky grounds such as landorus-t, garchomp, and hippowdon and bulky steels like ferrothorn, mega scizor, skarmory, and klefki which disturb most of the team's wincons, allowing any one of them to clean depending on the matchup which is fantastic. rocks apply pressure which is the entire goal of the team, while earthquake severely weakens heatran that tries to abuse utility tyranitar's underwhelming power which serperior and talonflame benefit from. sd balloon excadrill continues to put pressure on grounds for a late-game sweep from mega lopunny or talonflame, or even excadrill itself; it also offensively checks opposing sand builds if things get unmanageable while providing speed control and hazard removal support for easier setup opportunities. for the last two slots, i knew i wanted another form of priority to beat threatening 'mons without a backbone, more setup wincons that benefit from the team's tools in lures, breakers, paralysis support, etc. sd natural gift (grass) talonflame was chosen as the form of priority to force out 'mons like m-pinsir, m-lopunny, m-alakazam, etc., break down / lure waters consistently alongside serperior which annoy the large majority of the team, while the team supports it as well in a late-game sweep. jolly is definitely a viable option as opposed to adamant, but i prefer the damage output of being capable of ohkoing physdef rotom-w after rocks. for the last slot, i recognized the build did an excellent job of constantly applying pressure, breaking down popular waters and steels and giving this particular 'mon setup opportunities; bulky taunt dd gyarados was chosen due to the team supporting it well. taunt was chosen as opposed to sub to take advantage of some passive 'mons for setup, prevent hazards, recovery, and opposing sweepers from setting up alongside you, such as sd mega scizor.

a few things i want to stress about the build:
-----
• this team requires you to play smart in an offensive manner; instead of defensively checking relevant threats, you offensively deal with them

• think of ways one of your many wincons can clean late-game and play according to that end game in mind (for example, keeping the opponent's mega scizor alive to find a setup opportunity with taunt dd gyarados)

• keep in mind that the team abuses many lures and ways of pressuring checks to something and try to keep rocks on the field to limit switches and wear down the opponent quickly
-----

have fun with the team, change any spreads or sets that you'd prefer. (also shoutouts FookMi? for building this with me and the entire ladder getting completely demolished) n_n

Hello guys!
If it isn't much trouble, I'd like to ask you to make a team around the core of M-Scizor + Shaymin. I have already tried this core and made a team with decent success but I would like to see another approach to this:

Shaymin (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Scizor (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn/Knock Off

The concept is simple. Scizor is just one of the best megas to use in the ladder right now because it is very easy to sweep with once its counters are gone late game. This (standard) bulky set has the added bonus over other late game threats in that it helps checking really dangerous mons through the whole duration of the game while not losing its effectiveness thanks to typing, bulk and reliable healing. For the last slot i usually go with knock off because removing leftovers from heatran/rotom-w etc really helps the whole team in the long run, although u-turn can be used to regain momentum against those common switches.

Shaymin is here because it helps wearing down all of Scizors counters. The reason I find shaymin a bit better than serperior as a teammate in balanced builds (which is a better poke in genral and a better partner in more offensive teams) is its bulk and ability to use both fire and ground attacks, making it capable of hitting both heatran and magnezone. It is also a lot less prone to status thanks to natural cure. A bulkier set could be run in order to take hits from keldeo a bit better but i havent tested it yet and to be honest i dont think it could be as efficient as this. Seed Flare is also an excellent move (when it doesn't miss xD) and the biggest reason to use it over celebi.

If you decide to build around this (i get you are tired of seeing M-Scizor :p), I'd prefer a balanced approach. Thanks for all the work you've done so far!

core:
+

requested by: Holy157 on page 29 post 720 MadMayMason you may also be interested in this team

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge / Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]

ok i was a little slower in posting this, but im finally getting around to it.

pretty basic megachomp sand. megachomp is an underrated monster and its incredible at +2 because it just shits on so many fatter teams its ridiculous. i don't particularly like dragon stab on mega chomper, but people always seem to bring that up as a major complaint whenever i used it before, but it still shits on latis and torn so i don't exactly care that much regarding that, it's still an option should you want to use it. so yeah if you're using sand, you pretty much need exca, if you're using megachomp sand without driller, you're doing something horribly wrong. went with sd because jolly air balloon hits like a noodle, but i think adamant is pure ass in terms of speed, you can still go with it tho. amoonguss checks key threats like keldeo, loomer, and washer. latios helps remove annoying waters quickly with thunder, it also provides an additional answer to stuff like loom and keldeo because burns are annoying as hell. thunder is underrated on latios because it actually kills the mons it supposed to hit as in it ohkos azu and mana, and has a crispy 30% para chance on scarftar. keldeo was kinda needed for dark types because as you can tell, +2 bisharp kinda just wins. scarf also helps weaken mega zam a little because a couple of turns of sand and sr is gonna put it into hydro range quickly. i like this squad though, made it back in like january and it still works fine.

watch out for mega zam tho, it's a dick. traces sand rush and can ohko everything on the team bar garchomp. latios lives a hit from full and keldeo can pick it off if zam is weakened. also exca is the teams steel type so stuff like fairies are gonna be really annoying too. amoong can beat mega diancie, while chomper outspeeds and ohkos garde. annoying threats, but the team has plenty of counter play to handle them. enjoy.
Any reason to favor HP Electric over HP Grass and what makes Stone Edge your choice over Dragon Claw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)