Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I post this core again because I think it could be funny to play ^^
Core:

This core is based on Ampharos Mega, which is a great pokemon in OU, but he is too slow. This lack of speed is compensated by the trick room. Bronzong is one the best TR setter, and make a great core with Ampharos, in fact, it resists to ice, dragon, fairy and ground (thanks levitate), and in return Ampharos takes on fire types( and takes Knock Off thx to mega gem).
Finally, Azumarill is here to bring a real offensive pressure, mostly when the trick room is up: it can beat weavile (without poison jab) and Mold Break Excadrill, (which can destroy the core anyway).
Thanks in advance and have fun building^^

FlashNVictim (Ampharos) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

The same Base Stat SpAttk than Gardevoir Mega, this is a real wall breaker, volt switch is here to conserve the momentum, Hidden power ice is for all those landorus or gliscor that want to come on it, dragon pulse is the best dragon stab, and focus blast is here for the coverage. 0 IV in Spe is here to be better under the TR.​

Merry XMax (Bronzong) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake / Explosion

Bronzong is so cute <3...Hum, Mental Herb is here to avoid the taunter like azelf or others. Stealth rock because is the best move of the game, gyro ball is here to make a lot of damage, and finally earthquake is here to beat some pokemon like heatran and no Mold Break Excadrill. Explosion is another option to keep the momentum. 252 atk and a brave nature to deal a lot of damages.​

Hug a Thug (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Finally azumarill, no EV in speed to enjoy the trick room, full HP full atk. BD Azumarill under TR is my favorite set, it can sweep the entire teams after a boost. Nothing to add, this is a classic set.​

Hey, I'm really bad at building but I'd love a team built around these two mons.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

The idea is pretty basic... Tyranitar can Pursuit-trap the Psychic types that wall Medicham, and switches in on the Ghost and Flying types that would hit Medicham super effectively. In return, Medicham can switch in on a Fighting-type move in a pinch (but it doesn't like to) and handles Tyranitar checks like defensive Landorus-T and Breloom. The two can work together to overwhelm physically defensive pokemon on offensive teams like Garchomp and Rotom-W.

The core struggles with Water types, especially Keldeo who can outspeed and threaten a burn on Medicham, and completely counter Tyranitar. Azumarill also poses a problem, especially CB variants, which can 2HKO both members of the core with priority.
These two also really, really, really hate Sableye with a burning passion (ha get it because Sableye burns them? I know it's awful, at least give me a pity chuckle).

I'm used to Hyper Offense, but I'd like to start trying new team styles, so if possible I'd love for this team to be bulky offense.

Thanks in advance!

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
OSheaJackson

Core:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 52 Atk / 164 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

I really like this core since it kinda shits all over the fat stuff running about these days. The kyub evs give you 101 hp subs which is nice for stuff like chansey, 52 attacks lets you kill azu after stealth rocks and very little prior damage you could run iron head over earth power to fuck up clef since it will most likely twave you first turn but i like ep for hitting steels that try and stop talonflame. The hera is standard you click sd vs fat teams and break their shit wide open. Scarf rachi is so good for offense and bulky offense it gives you a soft lati check a way to cripple with trick, momentum with uturn and a way to restore one of your mons with healing wish and on top of all that it can hax you back into games with iron head. Rocky Helemt lando t is your teams physical blanket for threats like lop and driller it can also kinda switch into azu taking 60 from -1 waterfall but with kyub and lati on the team i feel they click play rough more often. Wisp BU talonflame is your late game wincon and best way to handle bisharp since it just burns it then uses it as setup fodder, 88 speed+ is enough to outspeed 105 and bellow which is nice for pinsir. Lati rounds out the team like it rounds out most of my teams it gives you defog support and a keldeo switch in you probably already knew that tho.

Have fun with the team i really liked using it

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Core:

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Zoroark (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Night Daze
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Gardevoir-Mega (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Psyshock

Hey Psych :3 Sorry for taking forever, but it took a ton of different teams before finding one that felt more consistent than the rest. Anyways, I decided to pair up Zoroark with Keldeo because of the potential ability to disguise Zoroark as Keldeo, and then lure threats such as Mega Latias, Slowbro, Amoonguss and Tangrowth, and then have Specs Keldeo just rip the opponent from that point on. The EV spread is made so that Sucker Punch can 1HKO Latios, and then U-turn helps Zoroark provide momentum and not be dead weight. Both mons really hated Clef and I wanted a Latios switch in as well as something to help with fast stuff like Torn-T, so I went with Scarf Jirachi. Keldeo's gonna get worn down by dark types without a doubt, so Healing Wish can be useful with that purpose in mind. Then I wanted an answer to Mega Lopunny, Sand Offense, so I went with Lando-T, and went with SD to help break Clefable if necessary. After a lot of testing, decided to go with Tangrowth because Keldeo and electric types were killing me, and Lando-T getting worn down quickly was happening to often, so Tangrowth was able to help with all of that. Also gives me a better Mega Diancie answer than Jirachi, who hates Earth Power, so that's cool. HP Fire hits Ferro and Mega Scizor, and then Rock Slide is for flying types like Talonflame, cause once Lando-T dies, I have literally nothing stopping Talonflame other than maybe Jirachi, so I'd rather potentially kill it than end up as set up fodder. Finally, I wanted something that would help punch holes and avoid making the team passive like all the other versions, so I went with Mega Gardevoir, because it hits hella hard. Taunt is to literally stop Clefable from using T-wave and making it easy to 2HKO, and then HP Fire was run to lure Mega Scizor and Ferro (both of which are more than likely to switch right into Mega Gardevoir). Mega Gardevoir also hits Mega Latias and bulky waters in general really hard, so that's another reason for choosing over something like Mega Diancie. Focus Blast could be run if you really wanna hit Heatran too, so it's an option. One cool thing you can actually do is disguise Zoroark as Mega Gardevoir and then kill steel types with Flamethrower.

So some stuff you don't wanna do, is try disguising Zoroark as regular Gardevoir or Lando-T. The reason is cause Trace and Intimidate both give Gardevoir and Lando-T respectively away, so you'd be fooling no one with that. Also keep track of how much damage who has, cause if one mon is about to die and you send out a healthy Zoroark as that mon, no one's falling for it.

Hope you like it :)

Last edited:
Core:

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Zoroark (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Night Daze
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Gardevoir-Mega (M) @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Psyshock

Hey Psych :3 Sorry for taking forever, but it took a ton of different teams before finding one that felt more consistent than the rest. Anyways, I decided to pair up Zoroark with Keldeo because of the potential ability to disguise Zoroark as Keldeo, and then lure threats such as Mega Latias, Slowbro, Amoonguss and Tangrowth, and then have Specs Keldeo just rip the opponent from that point on. The EV spread is made so that Sucker Punch can 1HKO Latios, and then U-turn helps Zoroark provide momentum and not be dead weight. Both mons really hated Clef and I wanted a Latios switch in as well as something to help with fast stuff like Torn-T, so I went with Scarf Jirachi. Keldeo's gonna get worn down by dark types without a doubt, so Healing Wish can be useful with that purpose in mind. Then I wanted an answer to Mega Lopunny, Sand Offense, so I went with Lando-T, and went with SD to help break Clefable if necessary. After a lot of testing, decided to go with Tangrowth because Keldeo and electric types were killing me, and Lando-T getting worn down quickly was happening to often, so Tangrowth was able to help with all of that. Also gives me a better Mega Diancie answer than Jirachi, who hates Earth Power, so that's cool. HP Fire hits Ferro and Mega Scizor, and then Rock Slide is for flying types like Talonflame, cause once Lando-T dies, I have literally nothing stopping Talonflame other than maybe Jirachi, so I'd rather potentially kill it than end up as set up fodder. Finally, I wanted something that would help punch holes and avoid making the team passive like all the other versions, so I went with Mega Gardevoir, because it hits hella hard. Taunt is to literally stop Clefable from using T-wave and making it easy to 2HKO, and then HP Fire was run to lure Mega Scizor and Ferro (both of which are more than likely to switch right into Mega Gardevoir). Mega Gardevoir also hits Mega Latias and bulky waters in general really hard, so that's another reason for choosing over something like Mega Diancie. Focus Blast could be run if you really wanna hit Heatran too, so it's an option. One cool thing you can actually do is disguise Zoroark as Mega Gardevoir and then kill steel types with Flamethrower.

So some stuff you don't wanna do, is try disguising Zoroark as regular Gardevoir or Lando-T. The reason is cause Trace and Intimidate both give Gardevoir and Lando-T respectively away, so you'd be fooling no one with that. Also keep track of how much damage who has, cause if one mon is about to die and you send out a healthy Zoroark as that mon, no one's falling for it.

Hope you like it :)
All good fam, looks like a ton of fun, keen to use it :]

Reactions: TPP
Hey, so I've always had trouble making anything work with Mega Gardevoir, and I've had a hankering to have a sand team lately, so I'd like to request a M-Gardevoir + Sand team. I'm cool with any variant of the Garde + Sand core, but here's a start. I left the actual sand setter out because I've not yet worked out which is optimal for this core, Hippo or Tar. Change these sets all you like too.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 16 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Calm Mind

Excadrill @ Air Balloon/Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin/Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Thanks very much!

Last edited:
OSheaJackson

Core:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 52 Atk / 164 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

I really like this core since it kinda shits all over the fat stuff running about these days. The kyub evs give you 101 hp subs which is nice for stuff like chansey, 52 attacks lets you kill azu after stealth rocks and very little prior damage you could run iron head over earth power to fuck up clef since it will most likely twave you first turn but i like ep for hitting steels that try and stop talonflame. The hera is standard you click sd vs fat teams and break their shit wide open. Scarf rachi is so good for offense and bulky offense it gives you a soft lati check a way to cripple with trick, momentum with uturn and a way to restore one of your mons with healing wish and on top of all that it can hax you back into games with iron head. Rocky Helemt lando t is your teams physical blanket for threats like lop and driller it can also kinda switch into azu taking 60 from -1 waterfall but with kyub and lati on the team i feel they click play rough more often. Wisp BU talonflame is your late game wincon and best way to handle bisharp since it just burns it then uses it as setup fodder, 88 speed+ is enough to outspeed 105 and bellow which is nice for pinsir. Lati rounds out the team like it rounds out most of my teams it gives you defog support and a keldeo switch in you probably already knew that tho.

Have fun with the team i really liked using it
Thanks homie, team looks dope. Appreciate it :)

Hi! I'd want to request a team around this core:

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire] / [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

The idea is simple. Sylveon smacks things, and uses BP to let Zone trap the usual steel switch-ins. It'd need some support for Tran, although.

I'd prefer a bulky offense team, and feel free to change some details in the sets (scarf > specs, or Sylveon's speed or HP). Thanks in advance!

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Would love to see a team built around this ridiculously powerful offensive core. Hoopa pokes holes through teams early game, especially if you're able to get it in safely, while Weavile is able to either clean up or also poke holes and threaten common checks to Mega Lopunny like Lando-T and TankChomp. Lopunny then comes in late game in order to clean up after the aforementioned two are done damaging opposing teams.

So, I haven't seen anyone request a team built around a core consisting of Glalie (at least my search through the archive didn't show me anything) so I thought I would request one.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Naughty Nature
- Explosion
- Double-Edge/Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry/Ice Shard

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

M-Glalie is the big wallbreaker, going for taking out big chunks of the opposing hp bars. Nothing special about the set, though you're free to choose between Double Edge/Return and Freeze-Dry/Ice Shard. Freeze-Dry would obviously help to get rid of those Water-types that hurt Talonflame and Double Edge would simply give more raw power over its alternative.

Talonflame has a few things going for it. First off, it takes care of steel-types quite nicely. It also is a strong sweeper, allowing it to use Glalie's wallbreaking effectively and finally it's a really strong Pokemon.

I would prefer to have the team built as offensively as possible, but if you think it's not going to work feel free to try something else.

Last edited:
Regenerator cores are cool:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock / Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice] / Earthquake

This core doesn't really fear Physical Attackers and also does a great job of checking water and ground types. They can both pivot in and out of the game as needed and then Bro can mega and sweep once everything's weakened. Will obviously need a way to stop strong special attackers.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clone. Hey, no rush or anything, but I was curios if you finished the M-Pidgeot + Bisharp team?
Had laptop issues for the past two weeks that severely set me back. I'll try to get the team done by the weekend so long as everything runs smoothly. Sorry bout the wait

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can I request a team of DD Gyarados + Mega Sceptile please? n_n

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The core is based on Scep wallbreaking for Gyara to sweep, while also switching into electric type attacks.

Ty to anyone who does this in advance :D

Last edited:
Hi! Requesting a team built around offensive Scolipide and Magnezone

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Magnezone traps things that wall Scolopide such as Skarm or Scizor allowing it to clean late game. Thank you in advance ^^

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys I saw this core which was shared in the core guide by bludz I tried building a balance core for it but I get rekt :'(
Onto the core
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

OR

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry / Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play / Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog / Hidden Power [Fire]

I don't know know how to do the show hide tags and I can't figure out how to post images too :'(

Also I'm happy with a bulky offence team but my playstyle is more balanced
I know p2 posted a team that fulfills these requirements, but I built a squad yesterday that features this core. I'm playtesting it a bit but I can drop it here soon

I know p2 posted a team that fulfills these requirements, but I built a squad yesterday that features this core. I'm playtesting it a bit but I can drop it here soon
Cool, I'm not a huge fan of sand teams altho that 1 that was posted seemed ok, i am not sure of the garchomps move set tho

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok MadMayMason I've done some testing and I think this team is fine to post now

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

So yeah this team didn't actually originate with Tyranitar + Amoonguss core but it does feature it. I wanted to start off with Tyranitar + Clefable so that Tyranitar could get rid of stuff like Gengar and Talonflame for Clef. Since Tyranitar's removing some of the faster annoyances to the team I decided to lure steels like Ferro and Scizor with Clefable using Flamethrower rather than opting for Thunder Wave. Next I wanted Keldeo so that I could blow back ground types that threaten Tyranitar as well as take full advantage of Pursuit trapping. Gives another answer to Weavile too since Clefable really isn't that reliable of one, and a true answer to Scizor which was threatening at this point. Now I added Landorus-T because I knew Excadrill, Medicham and Metagross would be problematic and I wanted a ground immunity and a pivot. It has 240 Spe so I can creep Adamant base 70s (why run Jolly on these anyway?) and U-turn out into Amoong for Breloom or lure random Bisharps when I click EQ. This is also so I don't get crept by most Rotom, and speaking of Rotom it is really annoying so I am using Smack Down to lure it and Skarmory which is also annoying. Amoonguss was added so I didn't get totally floored by Keldeo, Breloom, and Serperior while giving me yet another Mega Lopunny check because why not. Double powder so that you can Stun Spore initial switch-ins and save Spore for later, or vice versa. Last mon I wanted a wallbreaker and a sweeper so Mega Zam fits the bill, this mon is deadly as hell. Running Knock Off so that I can get rid of Leftovers, Assault Vests, Eviolite and whatnot. Basically stall was a bit annoying so I opted for Dazzling Gleam since it lures Sableye and removes Mandibuzz which is also an annoyance. Pretty sure McMeghan innovated this set although with LO Zam but it's whatever.

Team's weak to Gliscor (seriously fuck this thing) and Spikes. Gardevoir can be an issue as well but just about everything can take one hit and it can be checked by Tyranitar or Keldeo once it's taken one. You can probably run Knock Off on Landorus-T over U-turn and give Alakazam HP Ice or Encore or something to help deal with other balances better, but I had decent success with this when guys weren't freezing my Clefable. I've found myself wanting Shadow Ball at times as well but I'm leaving Gleam here just in case you go up against stall so you don't blame me for that

Yeah regarding the Spikes weakness the team sorta relies on lures and some offensive pressure to stop them from getting up too much. Clef can Flamethrower common Spikers and Lando can Smack Down on Skarm to force it out as well. Keep Zam non-Mega'd early game if possible against some of these teams to avoid residual damage

Last edited:
Ok MadMayMason I've done some testing and I think this team is fine to post now

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

So yeah this team didn't actually originate with Tyranitar + Amoonguss core but it does feature it. I wanted to start off with Tyranitar + Clefable so that Tyranitar could get rid of stuff like Gengar and Talonflame for Clef. Since Tyranitar's removing some of the faster annoyances to the team I decided to lure steels like Ferro and Scizor with Clefable using Flamethrower rather than opting for Thunder Wave. Next I wanted Keldeo so that I could blow back ground types that threaten Tyranitar as well as take full advantage of Pursuit trapping. Gives another answer to Weavile too since Clefable really isn't that reliable of one, and a true answer to Scizor which was threatening at this point. Now I added Landorus-T because I knew Excadrill, Medicham and Metagross would be problematic and I wanted a ground immunity and a pivot. It has 240 Spe so I can creep Adamant base 70s (why run Jolly on these anyway?) and U-turn out into Amoong for Breloom or lure random Bisharps when I click EQ. This is also so I don't get crept by most Rotom, and speaking of Rotom it is really annoying so I am using Smack Down to lure it and Skarmory which is also annoying. Amoonguss was added so I didn't get totally floored by Keldeo, Breloom, and Serperior while giving me yet another Mega Lopunny check because why not. Double powder so that you can Stun Spore initial switch-ins and save Spore for later, or vice versa. Last mon I wanted a wallbreaker and a sweeper so Mega Zam fits the bill, this mon is deadly as hell. Running Knock Off so that I can get rid of Leftovers, Assault Vests, Eviolite and whatnot. Basically stall was a bit annoying so I opted for Dazzling Gleam since it lures Sableye and removes Mandibuzz which is also an annoyance. Pretty sure McMeghan innovated this set although with LO Zam but it's whatever.

Team's weak to Gliscor (seriously fuck this thing) and Spikes. Gardevoir can be an issue as well but just about everything can take one hit and it can be checked by Tyranitar or Keldeo once it's taken one. You can probably run Knock Off on Landorus-T over U-turn and give Alakazam HP Ice or Encore or something to help deal with other balances better, but I had decent success with this when guys weren't freezing my Clefable. I've found myself wanting Shadow Ball at times as well but I'm leaving Gleam here just in case you go up against stall so you don't blame me for that

Yeah regarding the Spikes weakness the team sorta relies on lures and some offensive pressure to stop them from getting up too much. Clef can Flamethrower common Spikers and Lando can Smack Down on Skarm to force it out as well. Keep Zam non-Mega'd early game if possible against some of these teams to avoid residual damage
Love the team and thanks. Really appreciate it, I look forward to using it :)

I'd like to request a team be built around Thundurus-Therian. Thundurus-Therian, although outclassed by its incarnate form, is still not something you want to be facing with no special wall, as base 145 special attack can take lives. It is able to out speed things at base 100 speed, such as Mega Medicham, Manaphy, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Charizard Y and either kill or severely damage them with Thunderbolt. However, it is relatively slow, so Agility is a must to have on Thundurus-T. I also added HP Ice to Thundurus-T, as it is able to hit things such as Lando, Garchomp, Gliscor, the Latis,Flying types, etc. Finally, its really up to you to decide from Focus Blast or Grass Knot. Focus Blast lets you get rid of Steels and Ttar fairly easily, while Grass Knot allows you to hit Hippo, fat waters, and Ground/Rock types.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
taking this 2:
BrandonBeast's CM Manaphy
SiR Paladin's M-Sceptile + Tyranitar
and this
Can I request a team of DD Gyarados + Mega Sceptile please? n_n

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The core is based on Scep wallbreaking for Gyara to sweep, while also switching into electric type attacks.

Ty to anyone who does this in advance :D

Sakis

Banned deucer.
hello Workshop :) I m requesting a team around Altaria - Stallbreaker Keldeo and Magnezone. I would appreciate some help with it. (I dont mind about the playstyle, I need something that will work but I think this is more of a Bulky Offense team)

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Keldeo-Resolute @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria is a decent sweeper but really struggles dealing with steel types so Magnezone is neccessary for trapping them. With those 2 Heatran is an issuw so i decided to use Stallbreaker Keldeo because it actually checks Heatran decently and applies more pressure than the passive checks to it. I cant quite decide on the Defensive backbone of the team. I would really appreciate if you help me with it :)

Last edited:
this thing right here was yeezus back in the day of early oras so i will use this shit. might even try like amnesia + belly drum slowbro so expect more than one team my nigga

also, dropping staraptor + lopunny core. i can't build around that. it is too hard to build around for my creative juices
no pressure, but u still working on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)