OVER Free copy winner announced, claim your prizes/send your receipts if you havent

Hello Smogon, I'm sure the majority of you know about EVO, being the biggest FGC event, but what many of you may not know is this year EVO decided to allow the 8th and final game to be decided by who ever donates the most to Breast Cancer.

For a little background on myself, I've been an avid member of the SSBM(Melee) community since 2005, entering my first tournament back at MLG SF. Through the years I've had many ups, downs and overall great times. But that's not what keeps me playing, no this community is like a family. I've never been a part of something so huge that it can span so many walks of life. The people of melee, will literally give the shirt off their back if its for one of their own, they open their homes for those traveling out of state, they subject their families and friends to the rowdiness that we all can get when together. And its for that very reason why I've made so many lifetime friendships and connections.

Now currently we have raised 28,000+ as a group. Smashers from every region of the world are coming together to get our shot to hang with the big boys in FGC. Now we are always looking for help and would love others to help get us to the ultimate stage in Vegas.

Now I'm asking for just one of two things, and there will be prizes for either of these!

First and foremost, if you can, if you know someone who can, hell if you know anyone who knows anyone who can donate, it would be huge to our cause and we would all be eternally grateful. Remember in the end, even if we don't win, we do because in the end we are donating for the greater good. To find a cure, to save a life, to help a family. Even something as simple as $5 will go a long way in helping us help the fight against breast cancer.

But I know times are rough, and money is not abundant or unneeded. So if you cannot donate, I ask that you please spread this link anyway you can:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/243970321

That means Facebook, Twitter, TwitchTV, hell if you have a Youtube channel you use for battling we'd be honored if you just mentioned us.

WE only have until the end of January to make this happen so please if you can help it'd be awesome!

Now I know no deed should ever go unrewarded, and that's why I'm offering the following for the following:

If you share and post the screenshot here or PM it to me you have a choice of:

2 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from 4th Gen(anything your heart desires)
1 hour session for Tutoring for online battling simulator or wifi(I currently have sat in the Top 50 multiple times). I will help you improve and overall make better decisions
2 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from 5th Gen(Black/Black 2)

For those who donate anything $1-$5 you get your choice of(screen shot posted here or in a PM to me):

3 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from 4th Gen(anything your heart desires)
2 hour tutoring for online battling simulators or wifi(I currently have sat in the Top 50 multiple times). I will help you improve and overall make better decisions
3 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from 5th Gen(Black/Black 2)

For those of you who donate anything from $5-$20 a choice of(post a screen shot your receipt or PM me a copy of it) :

5 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from 4th Gen and 2 RNG bred/captures from 5th Gen
Custom built team, fully trained(EV'd) with Items as well as critiques and suggestions(subject to event limitations but I can get most anything)
1 on 1 practice of any format you want via simulator or wifi for 3 hours(can be broken up into multiple sessions)to help you better understand battling a real live person.
Any combination of bred and capture Pokemon from both Gen 4/5 up to 7(like 3 from 4 and 4 from 5 etc).
Any 6 EV trainings for Pokemon.

For anything over $20 your choice of 2 options(post a screen shot your receipt or PM me a copy of it) :

10 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from Gen 4
10 RNG bred/capture Pokemon from Gen 5
3, 2 hour sessions 1 on 1 in any format to practice or better your playstyle
Any 10 EV trainings of your choice
1 Pack of Pokemon Trading Cards(must PM address to receive)

And lastly, the highest donor(over $20), will receive a free copy of either White 2 or Black 2(your choice) Don't forget to screenshot that receipt!

If this is in the wrong section please just let me know, or if this breaks some rule I'm sorry. I just want to reach out to another community I love for help.

Again all donations must be received by January 31st 2013, 23:59:59 PST.

Also to those of you interested, there are other incentives for being the highest donator. Everything is listed here as far as incentives and matching go. Please take some time and look through this if you are considering donating.

SSBM Melee Breast Cancer Drive Info

Also upon conversing with the community, I will also be giving these incentives for ANY donation, whether it be to SSBM or not. The only prize I'm taking off the table is the free copy of BW2. So please help us or others defeat breast cancer!

Ok let me know how much via a receipt screen shot and you can get your prizes! Thanks for donating to Breast Cancer!

Like I said any donations qualifies for the prizes, you can either post a screenshot of it here or PM them to me. Also if you post it here, lemme know what prizes you're choosing and same via PM.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey, Zoap. I am also part of the Smash community and would love to see Melee make EVO. If you don't mind, I would like to piggyback on your thread.

I can:
- help you with any aspect of competitive Pokemon (no WiFi, but Zoap has that covered) for an hour or two. I'll battle you, give you teams, teach you the ins and outs of a tier, etc.
- play McMeghan in a Bo15 or something; he is the Armada of Pokemon because he is a foreigner lives in Europe and wins everything. Plus, he also likes smash; as you can see, if you support Smash, you will become good at mons.
- copyedit your analyses
- mute people on PS! until they take away my mods for abuse/inactivity
- ban spambots
- change my avatar, CT, signature, etc. to whatever
- rig tournaments in your favor (not really)

Donate $1-5 and I will do any of the above; donate more, and I will increase the quantity by a proportional amount ($6-10 = 2-4 hours of tutoring, $11-15, etc.), possibly more, at your suggestion. Feel free to suggest other incentives. Would prefer donations to SSBM, but if the moderation has decided that we can only offer incentives for general donations, that's fine, too.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm afraid I'm going to have to Close this, as advertising is against the rules. Sorry.

Hey just wanna let everyone know, I'll play Skullgirls with anyone who donates to the Skullgirls fund! Actually I'll play Skullgirls with anyone who doesn't donate to the Skullgirls fund. I just want to play Skullgirls, actually.

I'm happy to announce that SSBM with a total of over 94,000 is the final EVO game. This coupled with the awesome total of Skullgirls of over 78,000 and all the other games puts the running total at just over 220,000! That is amazing for every gamer out there.

I'd like to thank everyone who shared or donated to Breast Cancer, we really proved to the world that video games are more than a hobby or way to pass the time. No instead we proved that we can come together and give back to the world and help those in need by helping to find an end to breast cancer.

Ultima: I've sent you a PM both here and on Nugget Bridge assuming you are the same person. Let me know your choices for the share category, since I never got a receipt. Or PM me the receipt and I'll up you into the appropriate prize section.

As far as the winner of the free copy of BW2, Tentative Winner of the free copy of BW2 is WaterBomb!

Thanks again everyone, all the help is much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)