Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

RossW

formerly TerraWard19
Currently trying to rank up my Tracer account, anyone have any good Tracer streams they can recommend? Rivht now I'm high diamond on my Mercy/Orisa main and mid gold for Tracer.

So far my impression of Brigitte is she's not as op as some say, but she's very good. I think rally is too good (probably nerf the duration a bit, and make the armor decay after the ult ends).

I'd also consider nerfing the damage of shield bash to reduce her burst potential on squishies. I think her auto attack damage is fine but the burst is a little too good

I think with that change, Brigitte could be in a good spot.

So League is introducing a seperate MMR and queue for each role in competitive which I think would be a pretty good idea for Overwatch. What if you had to pick a role (DPS, Tank, Healer) before queueing and were found a match based on that?

I think right away DPS mains will notice longer queue times, but it will also ensure they get matched with tank mains and healer mains of similar SR which I think would be well worth it. Instaqueues for tanks and healers would also be a fair incentive for them imo.

This might discourage off-meta non 2-2-2 comps, but I think it should be fine so long as you're allowed to switch comp up once your match is found -- something to discuss with the team, probably. I think mechanically the game modes and heroes are balanced super hard around 222 though and the Serious Game Mode should encourage good matches.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that route is a silly way to queue given that you're allowed to switch heroes mid-game in OW. Yes, sometimes you're stuck with no-healers or a Mercy main, but that's just how the grind honestly is. It's the same reason why there isn't a draft or ban system in OW, the cast is too small, the roles are flexible, and even if queue as a support that doesn't mean you're actually doing anything.

Haven't tested new Sym because I left the game, also console peasant, but I might return with this new group thing, it sounds amazing and is exactly the kind of thing that the game needs- competitive was too much cancer with people not doing anything team-oriented but every other mode felt kinda meaningless. Hopefully this represents a turn for the better in that regard

Mr.E

im the best
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Overwatch headlining the October Humble Monthly.

Finally a price actually worth buying OW for. :mehowth:

Estronic

seeing S.T.A.R.S.
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
I haven’t done my placements yet because my PC keeps crashing after one or two games, and I’ve tried everything but no dice. It’s weird though, I can run any other game for hours.

Not like I’m missing anything, though; rather not play and play against GOATs every game.

Oglemi

bringing out the muscle
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really do not like Torb without armor packs. The self-buff is cool and all, and the ult is usable, but half the point of Torb was the support aspect. Now he's just a bad dps with a turret. Being able to toss in a turret and dive with the rest of the team is ok, but ya I would just rather have the armor.

Oglemi

bringing out the muscle
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm liking the current meta. Baptiste is interesting. A really good Baptiste feels a bit overwhelming sometimes in the same way that early Brigitte did, but I think it's still just mostly getting used to it and actually making sure your team focus fires his immortality drone when they should. I don't foresee him becoming a problem in the same way as Brigitte.

Anyway, the more I play with Ana the more I like her, especially on teams with McCree that have my back to keep Sombra/Tracer/etc from harassing me too much. Been maining her for about 6 months now and am constantly feeling myself get better with her. I just really enjoy her ability to seamlessly scrap and heal without having to switch up what I'm doing control wise. Have mad respect for really good Baptiste/Zen/Moira mains that can keep track of everything.

As for dps, I've been having a blast with Ashe. Basically a nice meld of McCree and Widowmaker with a fucking boop to top it off. The only thing that really sucks is she has a real tough time vs the enemy Widow and just by virtue of not having the one-shot will lose most peek battles vs her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)