Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't get it. All enemy teams have gotten, at least, one tank and two healers, diverse roles (or stacking soldiers and such cheap but useful pub tactics). Yet, I keep ending in teams where no one will use a heal, no one will change hero even if it's clear the change is critical, and people will use torbjörn in koth and will start insulting if you ask him politely to change to a more suitable hero.

Why do I keep getting those gits? :(

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I remember my first competitive game. Numbani on attack I had a Mei and a Symmetra who didn't even give us shields. Asked them politely to switch to a more appropriate role. Tried to communicate with the team, but no responses from anyone. We lost obviously, and I raged pretty hard. I've kinda hated competitive since.

The only way I see myself playing comp is if I queue with 3+ people I know, otherwise its just a pool of trolls, people raging, and no one actually cooperating.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The games I find in competitive where people communicate and try to win and fill roles are what keep me playing competitive tbh, despite the shitty games.

Also, 1 hero limit and QP being so cancer help a lot.

I'm so glad they implemented the 1 hero limit. The cheese 2 lucios 2 tracers and 2 Winston was so cancer.

I stopped playing for a while just because of that lol

China = 5 igFire, 1 igIce (sister teams)

Sweden, Finland, Germany, USA, and China are all stacked. Surefour fucked Canada over completely and they're probably going to be bad.

Season 2 hype! looks like they've retained all of the changes from the PTR, which is pretty good. Mei's ult feels way more reliable now and so do icicles, and any mercy buff is welcome.

e: Eichenwalde is really awesome but god damn is it huge, really good map for McCree and the other snipers besides McCree, that tower before the 2nd point is incredible

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
6-3-1 in placements and got 2579... hmm, idk, I feel like I'm better than that lol

In PTR I got placed around the 2800s-2900s and got plat easy, hoping I could do the same now.

Also after a few days/week of ONLY playing mccree I can comfortably say I can use him well now. Have my good/bad days but when I'm bad with mccree I'd usually be good with someone else, like genji or reaper. I'm very comfortable now when it comes to filling roles for the most part, still need to get better tanks, like I can't use Zarya at all, but I think I have a decent rein, dva, and winston. I wouldn't use roadhog though.

I think next hero I should try getting better at is Zen. I can use him, but I'm not as comfortable with him as I want to be.

In PTR I got placed around the 2800s-2900s and got plat easy, hoping I could do the same now.
Unfortunately PTR was bugged and rankings across the boards were apparently 200-400 too high for some people when placing at least. Doesn't mean you don't belong in a higher skill level, but placements were simply giving too many points apparently, so they changed the algorithm.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eichenwalde from what i've gathered while playing on it is pretty fucking bad as a map, really unbalanced and favours the defence heavily. Placements for me went 7-3 (solo) and on my last game got Eichenwalde and each team almost full held on the first point. We lost the point in overtime and lost the game. Got placed in high Platinum though, sitting at 2862 currently. Used entirely Zarya and carried every game.
-

Mei is super annoying now, played a game where a Mei got 48 freezes against us, though we still won it was super annoying more than anything.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
6-3-1, placed 2480~, got to 2523, and lost 9 times more or less in a row, mainly due to cancer people:
hanzo+widow+bastion in defense
Having 4 golds with Zenyatta, including damage and healing and objective time... several times

So I have a terrible rank, terrible record with stats on the top 2-3% (at the moment of writing this post):
top 2% damage done
top 6% obj kills
top 4% obj time
top 19% trans heal
top 9% healing

:|

Joim

Pixels matter
Well, yes, it's actually the teams I keep getting, people who just want the 10 games so they can get their coins, people who think this is quick play... Torbjörns, attack bastion/symmetra, mccrees who can't flank nor check flanks to stop Reaper, attacking widow+hanzo+bastion, people who think tanks are not needed, people who say "bastion is very good someone pick him", people who can't focus fire on a discorded target and would rather scatter fire without killing anyone, people who having a mercy and anything else in front will target that anything else so mercy can team rez just right afterwards...

That's just a sample of everything that has happened in two days to me. I really hope those people wanting their 10 games are gone so I can queue and climb up without quickplayers.

^ you see this is why I find it hard to try to get into playing multiplayer FPS games like this. I'm currently bad but I try to understand gamesense and intuition while utterly failing to perform the role I need to in landing headshots as DPS or positioning properly as a healer/tank. I can't really get better in quickplay when the opposing team isn't trying and I would try competitive but I don't want to be "that guy" dragging the team down.

Joim

Pixels matter
It's ok if you are at least trying, decent position is already better than more than half the people playing this game are doing. For instance, if I say "hey can you check that flank route" and you do it, you are already being better than those who just don't care or keep going to torbjorn in attack.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Unfortunately PTR was bugged and rankings across the boards were apparently 200-400 too high for some people when placing at least. Doesn't mean you don't belong in a higher skill level, but placements were simply giving too many points apparently, so they changed the algorithm.
Yeah, I read. Everyone kept getting 0-2 points for a win and lost 50+ for a loss lmao. In PTR I think I dropped from ~3100 to ~2700 when that happened and then didn't bother playing much, but thats a couple days before the patch went live anyway.
Well, yes, it's actually the teams I keep getting, people who just want the 10 games so they can get their coins, people who think this is quick play... Torbjörns, attack bastion/symmetra, mccrees who can't flank nor check flanks to stop Reaper, attacking widow+hanzo+bastion, people who think tanks are not needed, people who say "bastion is very good someone pick him", people who can't focus fire on a discorded target and would rather scatter fire without killing anyone, people who having a mercy and anything else in front will target that anything else so mercy can team rez just right afterwards...

That's just a sample of everything that has happened in two days to me. I really hope those people wanting their 10 games are gone so I can queue and climb up without quickplayers.
I think the worst thing for me is when people pick DPS and force me to fill tank/support and you fucking know the DPS players are bad and you could do a better job as a DPS.. but they never switch anyway... at one point I had to fill 2nd healer on nepal. we lost the first 2 rounds then I decided "fuck it" and went genji, carried for 2 rounds but lost the last one :[ felt good and bad at the same time lmao.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I know these feels all too well. If I start to play competitively this season, I'd love to group up with a few players, so we can actually communicate, we know that we're working as a team, and maybe we can start to actually win some games. Quick play is pretty fun for me right now, mainly because I'm just trying out new heros. Generally I main as Support, my top 3 most used heros are Mercy, Zenyatta, and Lucio, so its actually fun and helpful that I'm now trying out DPS and tank roles too.

Also, the more players I queue up with, the less likely we run into Symertra's and Torb's on attack, win win

i would love some kind of pick order system or something for ranked honestly where you at least get first pick if you're mismatched with lower players

tho hero switching is pretty important too i guess so idk. voluntary hero switching is so rare and i feel like overwatch isn't good at teaching players sometimes, compared to like league or something

Joim

Pixels matter
Turns out the main problem is that I queued with two unranked friends, wanting to help them. Now that we are all ranked we are getting much better people, the winrate is going back to normal.
Anyway, sharing some potgs and a highlight:

Symmetra microwaving

Winston going ape

Mercy defending Eichenwalde

Zenyatta cleaning up Hanamura B

Reinhardt hammering in Hanamura A

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
i think the new map will be considered balanced when everyone gets used to it, i played the brawl exclusively for 2 days to learn the map
the choke point reminds me of hanamura's choke point, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)