Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The real strength of the Bio-nade, offensively at least, is that the after effect of no healing is the equivalent of marking someone marked for death in this game (as healing is very powerful due to Ana's existence).
Healing was strong before ana, its not just due to her existence

Healing matters in a team context, in most cases it doesn't matter much in a 1v1/small skirmish context.

Look at the game I listed. None of them are the price of a full-fledged, AAA, single-player (or dual single/multi) experience. Similar games before Overwatch's release also received huge backlash for charging a premium price for a multiplayer-only game, granted I couldn't list them by name because honestly FPS games aren't really my jam anyway so it hasn't stayed in my mind. In a vacuum, I don't necessarily disagree with you, games like OW or League or whatever are ridiculously good value if you get into them and enjoy mashing games out, but it is overpriced compared to the rest of the market. Most MP-only games charge a relatively low price ($20 max) for the complete package and/or make their money off microtransactions that don't affect the core gameplay (cosmetics and grind shorteners for in-game loot/currency). OW charged $60 on console on release, and you had to pay attention to pay down to $40 for PC, and it's still going for $30 a year later. Full-price games like that ala CoD and Halo tend to have extensive 1P/coop campaigns in addition to multiplayer (and Halo campaign coop is fucking awesome so dun hate).

... Except for the part where consumers are apparently perfectly happy with paying the premium for Overwatch in particular, in large part because Blizzard is a popular developer known for consistently putting out excellent games and to publicly bash them would probably be career suicide for gaming journalists, which completely justifies Blizzard's decision as a business to charge a premium price. It doesn't hurt that Overwatch is also a pretty good game.
Hmm, okay. I think if the games which are getting bashed are fully fleshed out and good then they probably don't deserve the hate either :P and yeah haha I love Halo multiplayer don't get me wrong, but I feel like games like CoD with a fleshed out but pretty bad multiplayer and payed DLC, especially when they start at $60. I guess I do understand how someone who would only be playing more casually might not like the price tag, as someone who's like level 850 I didn't really consider it from their perspective. But again payed DLC SUCKS so I like being able to receive all add-ons for free <3.

i don't really consider pharah/pharmercy a problem. It can be frustrating to handle but I wouldn't say its overwhelming. What people forget is that its a team effort to deal with them. They are two people. Its not realistic to expect any hero to 1v2 opponents of the same or similar skill level. A lot of the issues people face with pharah also come from bad tank play. Its the tanks' jobs to ensure dps have space to work with and shoot the pharmercy down with. Widow is also a decent pick if you're struggling against pharah, but not foolproof since if pharah is aware of your presence and not trash at ow she will try to use the map to safely close the gap then pounce on you as soon as she gets the chance. You are still keeping her out of the air for a while though, which is worth at least something i guess.
The thing is it's more likely you'll find a good Pharah and Mercy than finding a great 76 with a supportive team or one of those rare shiny Widowmakers who actually kill stuff. Everything works on paper until you actually play solo...then again it's prolly my fault cause this game many times reminds you to not play solo. Oh well.

I've been having fun as Zenyatta, not only does he make her stand out so sorely in the sky, with his straight fire path I can actually harrass her myself while shoving on orb on one of my teammates and let him wander around.

Edit: Best RIP for the Jazz Lucio Heal song:

Last edited:
Hit diamond last night after placing 2550. Been maining Torb this season and the amount of salt from enemies and teammates is just incredible. I have a 70% win rate over 30 games with him but if use him on KOTH or attack and we lose I just get bombarded with messages from my teammates saying I'm throwing or I'm trash. If we win I usually get a message from someone on the other team telling me I suck for using a no skill hero.

e: also does anyone know how much longer till the moon map hits live?

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Hit diamond last night after placing 2550. Been maining Torb this season and the amount of salt from enemies and teammates is just incredible. I have a 70% win rate over 30 games with him but if use him on KOTH or attack and we lose I just get bombarded with messages from my teammates saying I'm throwing or I'm trash. If we win I usually get a message from someone on the other team telling me I suck for using a no skill hero.

e: also does anyone know how much longer till the moon map hits live?
Probably a week from now on Tuesday while they gather data from the PTR

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nice!
Anyone else feeling this season has been really bad so far? Like it seems people carried over the trolly playing from s4's last week...

Man I still need to finish my placements tbh. I plan to do that this weekend with the double xp thing going on a la Battleborn (lul). The last placement game I felt I played pretty awful despite basically winning the game for the team (managed to stall with Lucio by wallriding around the center pole in the Lijiang Tower market - they never hit me lol but I'm a low Gold pleb right now soooo...) and I haven't jumped back in since.

Still loving this game btw.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Welp, one of the best DPS players I've seen (Dafran) has been banned from this competitive season due to toxic behaviour. He's also been banned from his account for 1 week and can no longer participate in Overwatch Contenders.

Dafran has also been removed from his old Overwatch team (SelflessGG).

Long story short Dafran was intentionally throwing games and encouraging others to do so as well. He was also streaming all of this toxic behaviour. Here's a VOD of the stream that got him banned.

Personal opinion: It's such a shame to see one of the most talented players act so toxic. He's been given such a golden opportunity, and it seems he's trying his hardest to just throw it all away. I hope this isn't the end for Dafran, as he is super talented and a pleasure to watch (when he isn't toxic).

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There are also many other talented players who need a chance and additionally aren't dickheads, I'm all for exploring new possibilities over giving second (or more chances) to yet another jackass who can click heads.

But yeah it's pretty sad to see someone get a golden opportunity and waste it willingly, when he was flipping burgers recently.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IIRC Dafran wasn't removed from the team. Just suspended from playing. When he first started with those antics, I was already wondering if something made him flip the switch.

Apparently something happened IRL, though no information has been divulged (obviously). But yea probably something terrible. Don't think he'd be that crazy to purposefully mess things up for himself. Whatever it was, oh well. His teammates could have probably tried harder to stop him, imo, but who knows what the situation over there really was.

Is this the first time Blizzard is stepping in for a player related incident? Some people say the punishments are disproportionate. I personally can't judge but at the very least, it's a good thing that they stepped in. They want to set their precedent and this is what we got.

Joim

Pixels matter
Dafran is no longer on SelflessGG, he was removed from the team, suspended, and I think banned from Twitch.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
balance-wise i've been wondering something since i played: what exactly are zarya's main weak points? she can do an awful lot.
there aren't, really. she's never had glaring flaws ever since release. the closest thing she has to a flaw is lack of reliable ranged consistent dps and an ult thats long to charge. a good/fully charged zarya can bypass the latter "flaw" and the former isn't her job anyway

that doesn't mean shes broken though, i think she's one of the more balanced tanks/heroes in general. more balanced than rein and live hog anyway, and potentially monkey.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there aren't, really. she's never had glaring flaws ever since release. the closest thing she has to a flaw is lack of reliable ranged consistent dps and an ult thats long to charge. a good/fully charged zarya can bypass the latter "flaw" and the former isn't her job anyway

that doesn't mean shes broken though, i think she's one of the more balanced tanks/heroes in general. more balanced than rein and live hog anyway, and potentially monkey.
The key to beating a good zarya is focused fire. Solo without mics is hard, but zarya should be the main focus in a fight after a mercy with rez and a zen with trance

Joim

Pixels matter
Zarya's weakness is a dive comp where enemies are spread and often bubble targets are either ignored or killed too fast. She struggles to get energy against such comps. She's also very weak to Tracer, who can reliably solo any Zarya that's not over 50 energy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)