Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
You seem to miss the fact that each person only has a maximum of 2 avoids, you can't just burn this on any one-tricker (which in comp are an objectionable influence) or woman (lol)

You can still spam avoids, you can remove a player from your avoid to add another and the "avoided mark" still goes against whoever was avoided regardless of if they're still being avoided.

That's problematic.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So here's what I've gotten:
you don't want 20 minute queue times
I've suggested you don't be the type of player that gets those queue types
you suggest that it's: women, children, onetricks (this is aside from my point assuming you are neither a woman or a child but by your behavior you might be a child?) will be targeted.

I do not understand your argument.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
So here's what I've gotten:
you don't want 20 minute queue times
I've suggested you don't be the type of player that gets those queue types
you suggest that it's: women, children, onetricks (this is aside from my point assuming you are neither a woman or a child but by your behavior you might be a child?) will be targeted.

I do not understand your argument.

If you're not smart enough to see that this can be easily abused then you're part of the problem.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
If you're not smart enough to see that this can be easily abused then you're part of the problem.
Lovely ad hominem argument, but that didn’t answer any of those points and your current argument seems to boil down to “everyone is a jerk and is going to avoid me for no reason whatsoever”.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Lovely ad hominem argument, but that didn’t answer any of those points and your current argument seems to boil down to “everyone is a jerk and is going to avoid me for no reason whatsoever”.

You're putting words in my mouth and it's not appreciated

This new system is too easy to abuse. If you disagree with me that's fine but there's no need to make post assuming I'm toxic and claiming that no one likes me.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
You're putting words in my mouth and it's not appreciated

This new system is too easy to abuse. If you disagree with me that's fine but there's no need to make post assuming I'm toxic and claiming that no one likes me.
Ah yes I’m also sure that calling someone “not smart enough” is also not appreciated but you went ahead and did that anyways. Plus I never said you were toxic, I just said you were framing your argument on the basis that you would be inevitably avoided. Also when did I say that nobody likes you?? You’re the one putting words into mouths here lol

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are two bans which can be used by one user. If you are horrible enough to reach the point where you get 20 min queues then it is time to take some reflecting. I have looked at your forum posts, perhaps you should do the same. The idea is that me, a player trying to climb the ladder, isn't put with PU$$YCRU$HER69 time and time again because he jumps off the map over and over if I'm in a team comp with him.

The bans are returned after two weeks, which are removed from your account, and you will probably never play with PROGENJIMAINXD (me) during that two week period.

What I'm mad about is you're trying to victim card when people are flagging you for horrible teamwork / voicecoms / whatever and then being offended that Blizzard is making you wait because you can't queue that fast. No, that's not how life works. Yelling, acting inappropriately, being offensive at any business, whether it be McDonalds to a law firm means that you're not going to be welcomed in that situation. So either shape up or just shut the fuck up and stop mindlessly babbling about being scrutinized about your bad behavior which you don't see (which we clearly see on the forums).

NOW on the other hand I got to play our new favorite hero today and she's a fucking whallop. Her combo feels a tish too powerful, being able to hurt / kill Tracer and Genji but I really think she enables them more than she hurts them? Armor is such a powerful support tool in Overwatch and to have it so widespread means that your flankers can really dive deep. I don't think my comp from earlier was too wrong, it for sure needs a pro touch to make it work, but it feels good. I think the shield bash might need a little tone down but maybe I'm wrong? It seems incredibly useful but that might not be a horrible thing.

edit:
Harsha what do you think of our new support? Enables heavier dives or does it negate them?

Last edited:
this argument is dumb

highly doubt that it will be spammed against women/children/etc, especially at any reasonable elo where queue times are unimportant (aka below 4200 given that my queues pop in 3-4 mins at grandmaster anyways). even if it were, your queues will be unaffected.

i'm glad they've finally helped me avoid getting the same torb/symm onetricks for 3 games in a row.

no idea @ brigitte, she won't be played in overwatch league til stage 4 anyways so it's not something i've worried about too much. seems like a reasonable defense against dive but i'm not sure her healing will allow her to fill that niche effectively unless in place of an off-tank. Matthew

Matthew

Classic PR response from a PR guy Kappa

edit:
in case this comes off horrible to some people Harsha is the analyst (not in the fun way FeelsBadMan) for the SF Shock

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Re avoid as teammate. I think we have very good example of how it's going to be used. I'm in favour of having more than 2 slots tbh, heck give it unlimited slots, perhaps for non comp modes. Yes, the tradeoff is longer queue times, but I'll take that if I can delete everyone that I don't want to play with. There was even a post saying that 90% of QP matches a game in 2mins, and 99% in 4mins. I already frequently exceed both times and having to wait longer with avoiding would be totally worth instead of requeuing tbh. The choice would be on players to make if they want to take the trade off. And seriously no decent player would have to worry about being avoided anyways. I already even have a mental list of players where I'll just instantly leave if I get matched with them too so lol just let this be automatic thanks.

Re Brigitte she's so fun imo!! Surprised that people don't even instalock her. I think the combo against Tracer requires pretty decent timing to pull off? Or maybe because I play on 100+/- ping so idk. Armor overheal is pretty unfun to fight against though. Composition wise, I don't believe that she needs to be run in specific comps. Her lower raw heals are limiting but there's been ways of running triple tank with Lucio Zen, etc where typically heavier healing comps are run in a less heal reliant way, basically by rushing. I see her being viable with and against dive and hybrid comps.

Can't wait to see her in pro play though. It'll probably take some time for her to settle in.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"...(this is aside from my point assuming you are neither a woman or a child but by your behavior you might be a child?)..."

"If you're not smart enough...."

"...So either shape up or just shut the fuck up and stop mindlessly babbling..."

please do not insult one another

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hello thread.

Retribution (event) is here. I'd say it's probably the most fun and best event so far?? Very replayable imo. Heck, even the all heroes mode is good because they will change the encounters from the standard one. Was quite surprised that the vanilla mode lacked tanks but purely LOSing works on that map, unlike King's Row. Imo way more fun than uprising because you really have the freedom to move and dictate the pace. Also get to execute things like pulling/kiting that was never really done before. Pulling the heavy bots is pretty crazy experience haha.

Somehow managed to clear Expert soloq, and last picked Genji (?? no one picked him idk why haha). Tbh I fed a ton to the Heavy cos I always fail to escape after deflecting him HAHA >_> Thank goodness my teammates are good at kiting and ressing. Aside from that, went really well though we all took turns dying LOL (rip 5th star). Is really fun !_! Greatly enjoyed it and will keep playing it. I think Orisa will always be a main stay for all heroes PVE though. Mei buff is also fun for PVE.

HNGGGGGG go play it ! Just don't be a dum dum like me and walked into Enforcers accidentally xD

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
hello thread.

Retribution (event) is here. I'd say it's probably the most fun and best event so far?? Very replayable imo. Heck, even the all heroes mode is good because they will change the encounters from the standard one. Was quite surprised that the vanilla mode lacked tanks but purely LOSing works on that map, unlike King's Row. Imo way more fun than uprising because you really have the freedom to move and dictate the pace. Also get to execute things like pulling/kiting that was never really done before. Pulling the heavy bots is pretty crazy experience haha.

Somehow managed to clear Expert soloq, and last picked Genji (?? no one picked him idk why haha). Tbh I fed a ton to the Heavy cos I always fail to escape after deflecting him HAHA >_> Thank goodness my teammates are good at kiting and ressing. Aside from that, went really well though we all took turns dying LOL (rip 5th star). Is really fun !_! Greatly enjoyed it and will keep playing it. I think Orisa will always be a main stay for all heroes PVE though. Mei buff is also fun for PVE.

HNGGGGGG go play it ! Just don't be a dum dum like me and walked into Enforcers accidentally xD

I just wish it was a BIT longer...Uprising feels a bit longer but more scripted.

I feel like they hyped up a huge story update and gave us a visual / in game playthrough of an event we already assumed lead to one thing or another.

New Map looks beautiful though.

Also, RIP OWL. eSports is TMZ now.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shoutouts r/overwatchTMZ

But yeah i agree about the new mode. Theres enemy variety that actually are fun unlike bastion and big volcano balls in uprising?

Really tryna grind for that sexy moira skin tho, and possibly hanzo but im broke af in game and cant buy anything :(

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Why does blizzard consistently change dva for absolutely no reason. First they gave her an extra 100 hp she did not need, then completely gutted her damage and survivability and Identity because blizzard balance lol. All she had left was defense matrix, which was gutted as an ability because of retards who think a tank being able to protect their support is wrong (what?? She can deny tracer free kills? Broken af!!! She's picked all the time at pro level and it can't be because Tracer is a problem hero or anything, blame dva!!), and then they gave her more damage (which she didn't need, she needed survivability), then gutted her new damage AND her boosters burst (which was never a problem) because why the fuck not.

Meanwhile the meta has been dive for a long long time now and nothing has changed because blizzard refuses to nerf their favorites genji, tracer, and winston despite all 3 of them being broken beyond words. Blizzard consistently panders to terrible players who can't deal with defense matrix or manage their ultimates, can't dive smartly and need broken dive characters as a crutch, and cant buckle down and l2p against mercy.

The community has suffered a lot because of this, and an arrogant attitude of "there is only one valid opinion" has taken over. This game needs a drastic overhaul and and like half the developers (especially Geoff Goodman) need to be fired so more competent people can try to fix the game.

We might just have to wait for overwatch 2 for the game to be any good. It needs big changes. I can only hope blizzard fixes their game before it inevitably dies due to incompetent developers

sandshrewz

POTATO
Obviously not all changes have been good since Blizzard typically heavy hands everything, but if you don't think some of the changes / nerfs were necessary, you don't know anything about the game at all.

If anything, the community / game has also suffered equally from irrelevant and unconstructive attitudes from players. Ya know like the constant megathreads they had to put up to contain the numerous people whining about how D.Va and Mercy nerfs were unnecessary, an how many people thought the original Valkyrie Mercy was a nerf from Resurrect Mercy when it was actually the most broken thing in the game lol.

I don't defend Blizzard, there's definitely valid things to be upset about. But the other half the time, people are just being overly entitled and spread unnecessary frustration.

This is @ people in general since it's annoying as heck to see all these kind of things pop up.

tracer is definitely a problem that blizzard doesnt want to fix

but re: Winston and D.VA I think theyre both a bit overtuned. Defense Matrix is literally just a negate skill button. I think a bigger problem though is that theyre both completely uncontested in their respective roles. Neither Rein or Orisa can contest high ground / aggressively engage / retreat with ease. Unless blizzard decides to gut winston or push the game back to deathball style, winston will continue to be on top because hes the only main tank with mobility options.

similar thoughts about D.VA, she is completely uncontested in the off-tank role because she compresses survivability, peel, mobility, and damage into one hero. When you look at her potential competition in Roadhog and Zarya they each can not do nearly as much. Hog has great pick potential and rly good survivability with the heal buff, but relies completely on an 8 second cooldown to do anything. Zarya is in an even worse state than roadhog because she does not have the same pure tankiness and still has no mobility options, and relies on the other team getting close.

tl;dr only 2 tanks can move around the map and that is really strong. Make small maps or make more tanks that can move

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No more tanks that can move pls, just work on dva and monkey to not make them retard friendly and absurdly strong

My request is simple i just want ana back :(

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-april-18-2018/72390

Tracer Nerf is pretty huge

I've been playing the PTR update for a about an hour now and all I have to say is they officially killed Hanzo. Storm Arrow is pretty underpowered and leap does absolutely nothing in terms of mobility, they overhyped leap so much.

The Junkrat changes aren't that major, it just raises his skill cieling, anyone with a few hundred hours on him isn't really going to notice a chance.

The Lucio Changes absolutely change the game.

No more tanks that can move pls, just work on dva and monkey to not make them retard friendly and absurdly strong

My request is simple i just want ana back :(
D.va literally does no damage...anyone who thinks she's "absurdly strong" is straight up M A D C U Z B A D

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Aren’t D. Va players consistently topping team damage charts in the OWL? I feel like complaining about her lack of damage is the literal definition of mad cuz bad.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Aren’t D. Va players consistently topping team damage charts in the OWL? I feel like complaining about her lack of damage is the literal definition of mad cuz bad.

She's a hitscan hero with zero damage drop off, insane bullet spread, AoE Spash Damage, and AoE ult, and a boop.

At around 200 hours I thought I was a Pro-Bully on D.va, now at around 700 hours I'm realizing a good D.va player will get gold damage / elims for literally holding W+LMB the whole match.

aVocado

@ Everstone
D.va literally does no damage...anyone who thinks she's "absurdly strong" is straight up M A D C U Z B A D
'absurdly strong' doesn't necessarily mean high damage, or at least i didnt mean it that way, i just meant dva is super good right now. the concept of 400 hp + 200 armour and high mobility alone sounds too good but dva also has pretty good damage. the point is she's just a good hero and a lot of that is cuz of mobility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)