Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Dva has always been good at farming stats just because she has big spray sustained damage which makes it easy to farm elims and inflate damage stats. I think the recent nerf was stupid but I don't really play much at all anymore so idk.

I'm just very frustrated with blizzard because I dont think they're doing a very good job balancing the game. Things like the tracer nerf are just silly imo because they don't address the real issue at hand. They took forever to fix genji's deflect hitbox but people have been complaining about it for ages

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
'absurdly strong' doesn't necessarily mean high damage, or at least i didnt mean it that way, i just meant dva is super good right now. the concept of 400 hp + 200 armour and high mobility alone sounds too good but dva also has pretty good damage. the point is she's just a good hero and a lot of that is cuz of mobility

Her whole character revolves around diving and begging to god the four stack on your team dives with you because if not you just gave the enemy team a free kill and free ult charge. D.va can't solo kill like Winston can, and if your Dva is getting Solo kills more often than your other dive tank than you need to actually rethink your comp. Seriously, whenever I have gold elims or damage as D.va I don't think much of it, it's way to common just because of her spread. However, when I have a lot of solo kills I start questioning the DPS.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1) D.Va doing too much damage is a real, valid, constant complaint by the pro scene.

2) D.Va can solo kill a ton of things, this includes S:76 using Biotic Field and even sprint spam doesn't save you from it. The only option is to disengage early before she deletes you. No I'm not exaggerating.

3) Spread is irrelevant at the range where D.Va beyond lethal. It's like saying Tracer has poor damage because she has high spread.

4) Eliminations is irrelevant for the most part.

5) D.Va has high damage not because of peppering with M1.

Anyone who thinks otherwise are either 1) not in synch with the pro scene, 2) not a good D.Va player, 3) haven't met a good D.Va player. Or all of the above or whatever combination floats.

Whoever dares say D.Va didn't have too much damage will need to be slapped with a fish <º))))><

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
1) D.Va doing too much damage is a real, valid, constant complaint by the pro scene.

2) D.Va can solo kill a ton of things, this includes S:76 using Biotic Field and even sprint spam doesn't save you from it. The only option is to disengage early before she deletes you. No I'm not exaggerating.

3) Spread is irrelevant at the range where D.Va beyond lethal. It's like saying Tracer has poor damage because she has high spread.

4) Eliminations is irrelevant for the most part.

5) D.Va has high damage not because of peppering with M1.

Anyone who thinks otherwise are either 1) not in synch with the pro scene, 2) not a good D.Va player, 3) haven't met a good D.Va player. Or all of the above or whatever combination floats.

Whoever dares say D.Va didn't have too much damage will need to be slapped with a fish <º))))><

She doesn't do "to much damage", that's not the problem.

The problem is her accessibility to DAMAGE. I was a top NA D.va in Season 3, back when she was legitimately broken and 40-60 elims in a match wasn't uncommon.

Also, no one here is in the Pro-Scene, I don't understand why "Pros Think x" matters outside of the Pro-Scene / Top 500 play...You're never going to have Pro Level matches in Matchmaking that's for damn sure.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, no one here is in the Pro-Scene, I don't understand why "Pros Think x" matters outside of the Pro-Scene / Top 500 play...You're never going to have Pro Level matches in Matchmaking that's for damn sure.
harsha coaches the shock, sandz commentates in the Asian scene

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Argument: no one here is in the pro-league
Statement: here are two players in the pro-league that say this thing

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.

None of you are PRO PLAYERS

Why do you keep trying to convince me any of you are Pro players? Seriously, just stop. Commentating isn't eSports, Coaching isn't eSports. I coached Diamond < GM in seasons 3-5 and played a handful of games at eSports Level.

If you want to keep rubbing your credentials in my face like it invalidates my opinion, go for it. But stop pretending like any of you are sitting up there on stage with actual Professional OW players because you're not.

Also Coaching one of the worst teams in the league doesn't automatically make you the voice of the community but okay sweetie.

Last edited:

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.

I'm just done, you're not even contributing to the discussion you're just repeating yourself.

No one in here is a Pro Player. Coaching isn't Pro Play. Get a Pro player in here to shove his elitism in everyones face and you'll have an argument.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo just to clarify a few things. Let's not bring in our favourite coaching staff since he isn't directly involved in the convo. I'm also not paid to do anything. I'm just someone who has invested time into doing things for the community / game, and is quite in touch with the pro scene, be it players / staff, but there are many who are way more invested into it. I'm one of those who don't make a living out of it and I respect those who do or otherwise can spend even more time on it. That said, I clearly express that some sentiments aren't just mine. I have my own opinions and it's fine if people disagree with those or whatever. But not things that have been clearly established in the pro scene for the longest of time lol, no one can argue against that. See what happened with Blizzard saying "There was no indication that Ana was overpowered" back in her meta. Sure even pros have different opinions on some things, but there are just also things that are simply non-negotiable. NON, zero, no.

Also lol comparing coaching an actually salaried team with whatever other teams. Just no. I myself have coached Open Division team(s) and college level. I've had to deal with T500s who surprise surprise know nothing about playing the game in a team setting, and we've also beaten teams with average of T500 SR when ours had a much lower average. I can confidently say that coaching outside people who play the game full-time at minimally Tier 2/3 level is irrelevant. Or just having never played at full-time is just irrelevant. Comparing that with Tier 1, I don't care if people call it the bottom of Tier 1, is beyond incomprehensible. Tier 1 is Tier 1. Don't ever dare to compare that with anything (except highest of Tier 2). Also no one ever claimed to be a pro. I also have no credentials nor claim to have one. But I am thankful to the pros I have spoken with and those who have shared their thoughts on anything with me. You don't need to be a pro player yourself to know what's going on. Otherwise, what are casters, what are analysts, what are non-player coaches, what are all those content creators that I look up to. Players aren't everything and the be all end all. Even players have player-bias. The combination of it all is the best.

I don't know how much of this delusion I can deal with, or if people can't read things properly / like to twist words to their own perception. Just stop with the nonsense and being part of what contributes to what makes the community bad.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I apologize for going on the Harsha said thing train; I thought I saw him comment but I was mistaken looking back. Regardless knocking on those (you, sandz) for not being "pro-level" even though you're doing hard work is something I cannot stand by. I feel bad for making you have to write that post and all that.

ANYWAY TO GET AWAY FROM THIS TANGENT OF STUFF:

(I think this is already PTR) but I'd hurt DVA's rocket's damage. I think just the dive in and delete anything squishy is such a bullshit idea. That with the Matrix to dive out is pretty stupid. Otherwise I don't know. Matrix is just so killing sometimes, and it's good to have anti-abilities but I'd rather it be a skill shot? Maybe make it so Matrix is a projectile that is shot out and eats in a certain radius would be okay. So you shoot and then in the area it is in it disables abilities. Probably is too much of a rework but just shootin' shit.

sandshrewz

POTATO
I apologize for going on the Harsha said thing train; I thought I saw him comment but I was mistaken looking back. Regardless knocking on those (you, sandz) for not being "pro-level" even though you're doing hard work is something I cannot stand by. I feel bad for making you have to write that post and all that.

ANYWAY TO GET AWAY FROM THIS TANGENT OF STUFF:

(I think this is already PTR) but I'd hurt DVA's rocket's damage. I think just the dive in and delete anything squishy is such a bullshit idea. That with the Matrix to dive out is pretty stupid. Otherwise I don't know. Matrix is just so killing sometimes, and it's good to have anti-abilities but I'd rather it be a skill shot? Maybe make it so Matrix is a projectile that is shot out and eats in a certain radius would be okay. So you shoot and then in the area it is in it disables abilities. Probably is too much of a rework but just shootin' shit.
The reduced Micro Missile damage is already on Live iirc. Oh, the TF2 Engineer recently got a weapon change to his Short Circuit, which was similar to Matrix whereby it could delete projectiles (not hitscan though) on a fixed period. Like zap zap zap uhh ya HAHAAHA. But now it shoots like Symmetra balls and deletes things that hit it, which is kinda what you're thinking of. For context, Short Circuit is usually banned in tournaments since it deletes so much damage without much input and makes things really weird for matchups. I'm all for stealing more cool ideas from TF2, and imo that could have been what Sym balls should be too haha. I haven't played with the new Short Circuit though.

Matthew

The reduced Micro Missile damage is already on Live iirc. Oh, the TF2 Engineer recently got a weapon change to his Short Circuit, which was similar to Matrix whereby it could delete projectiles (not hitscan though) on a fixed period. Like zap zap zap uhh ya HAHAAHA. But now it shoots like Symmetra balls and deletes things that hit it, which is kinda what you're thinking of. For context, Short Circuit is usually banned in tournaments since it deletes so much damage without much input and makes things really weird for matchups. I'm all for stealing more cool ideas from TF2, and imo that could have been what Sym balls should be too haha. I haven't played with the new Short Circuit though.

excuse the crude image but just imagine DVA as the box the line where she could throw it, and then the circle as like an AOE denial. So you aim, it makes like a infinite upwards circle that blocks abilities.

EDIT:
never played tf2 (rip) so I can't comment on that FeelsBadMan

sandshrewz

POTATO

excuse the crude image but just imagine DVA as the box the line where she could throw it, and then the circle as like an AOE denial. So you aim, it makes like a infinite upwards circle that blocks abilities.

EDIT:
never played tf2 (rip) so I can't comment on that FeelsBadMan
Hahaa good effort. Just as I was about to say there hasn't been a good video about Short Circuit, it just came haha

Like, that would have been an awesome ability for Symmetra too :000 Yea I understand Defense Matrix can be pretty vexing to play against, but I'd say currently it's a lot more tolerable compared to the 4s iteration. Then again I didn't really mind the 4s matrix because it brought down the overall damage of the game, which is imo, a good thing, but a band aid to go about.

I'm sad they took the Defense hero approach for the second Sym rework :| and pls no TP on CD lmao. But Blizzard has a habit of making unfun and cancerous things so /shrug. New Hanzo seems cool, I like the double jump, but feels awkward sometimes cos you might accidentally use it.

RossW

formerly TerraWard19
Currently trying to rank up my Tracer account, anyone have any good Tracer streams they can recommend? Rivht now I'm high diamond on my Mercy/Orisa main and mid gold for Tracer.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
So far my impression of Brigitte is she's not as op as some say, but she's very good. I think rally is too good (probably nerf the duration a bit, and make the armor decay after the ult ends).

I'd also consider nerfing the damage of shield bash to reduce her burst potential on squishies. I think her auto attack damage is fine but the burst is a little too good

I think with that change, Brigitte could be in a good spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)