Pet Mods General Discussion Thread

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry for double posting, but I want to give a little more detail about my upcoming Pet Mod. Consider this as "Part 2". I will put it into "OM pending thread" for approval once I finish the three first parts below and the Type Chart.
  • Most of the starting buffed Pokemon are those with one of the new Types. This is so we can at least one or two viable candidates for each new (and old) Type for the SDOU (Super Doubles OU).
  • 16 new Mega Evolutions, none from Gen 1 and 3. Mega Crabominable will one of them, and the base Crabominable will also get a couple of stat boosts.
  • Alongside these new Megas, a surprise form for Guzzlord. The only clue I give is that it works similarly to Ultra Necrozma, though without Exclusive Z-Move. Reason why only Guzzlord and not the other UBs is that Guzzlord is competitively the most impractical Ultra Beast and giving it a normal Mega will not make sense series-wise (this is not Mix and Megas, y'all).
  • "New" Types confirmed are Light, Sound, Food and Blood. Once I make the Pet Mod into a thread, I will credit DatHeatmor, Pika Xreme and Tuthur1 (respectively) on the OP.
  • New Regional Forms; Kantonian, Jothonian, Hoennese, Sinnohese, Unovian and Kalosian, as well as some "newly discovered" Alolan Forms. Gen 1 will have the least amount of new Regional Forms as it already got a couple of Alolan Forms. This is also a tribute to the Alolan Forms Pet Mod that unfortunately lost it steam. Legendaries, Mythicals and UBs can't have one unlike in that Pet Mod.
  • As it is Doubles-central, there will be more viable Pokemon that can counter Intimidate and deal with unwanted Terrains without relying in having your own Tapu, and Doubles-only Abilities will be buffed a bit so that they will not be 100% ally relient.

Last edited:
Just an idea but one i have had in my mind for a while that does not quite fit into OM

Toybox Time!

I always thought there should be an item they always put in other rpgs, mainly a way of dealing damage via the item and item alone (ie: Bombs), then i thought, why not weapons as well? At this point it was obviously a stupid idea, but then i remembered there was something called pet mods.

Basically, all vanilla items are taken away, and replaced with entirely new items made by the community! Let me give you a few examples

Slingshot: If used with Fling, shoots a ‘Stealth Rock’ instead of throwing away the item. A ‘Stealth Rock’ would do the same thing as Stealth Rocks, but each one individually only does 1/3 the damage

Royal Pillow: Whenever the holder’s Truant activates, they gain a boost in defense and special defense

Button Eyes: Gives your substitute a fancy look!

Weak Voodoo Doll: When this item is removed, an adjacent pokemon also loses their item

Please give me questions and suggestions!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Since many people seems to like my Pet Mod idea, Generation SD, I put it into the OM Submission Thread and all left is for G-Luke/Ludi to approve it (if they feels it will work).

This one will be my ideal way to make Doubles OU more exciting (or at least more varied), although I will accept suggestions as long as they make sense and will help the Pokemon in question (or nerf something too overwhelming from the buffs).

EDIT: Its ready!

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since many people seems to like my Pet Mod idea, Generation SD, I put it into the OM Submission Thread and all left is for G-Luke/Ludi to approve it (if they feels it will work).

This one will be my ideal way to make Doubles OU more exciting (or at least more varied), although I will accept suggestions as long as they make sense and will help the Pokemon in question (or nerf something too overwhelming from the buffs).

EDIT: Its ready!
Me liking the post was basically approval tbh :P

My idea, Project P.

It's a mouthful, so let's be concise and explain that it's essentially a mod meant to revive some bugs/mechanics that were originally considered to add depth to the game, mainly the Hyper Beam bug, and some other changes intended to make sure it's impossible to stall the game indefinitely and reduce the RNG elements as much as possible, as well as readjusting the risk-reward ratio of many moves and abilities to make them no longer worthy of a ban, or make them less annoying in general. Converselty, also rescue some of the objectively worst moves, items and abilities in the game.

If you feel like watching all the proposed patches and the original introduction, there you go:

This is an idea I have been cooking for almost three years now. It's known Game Freak F sucks at balancing this game series. Our clauses should be enough proof of that.

And banning has always been extremely controversial. Some say it's too harsh, some say it's completely deserved and didn't even need a vote, and everything in between.
I am mostly anti banning, especially on recent times where we sometimes go a little overboard, but as a seasoned BSS player, even I admit it's the lesser of the two evils.

But, the thins is, WE HAVE A SIMULATOR. What about instead of banning the most ridiculous stuff and having to suffer in silence everything unfair that we can't restrict for a reason or another (Paralysis, Critical hits, certain moves or pokemon being excessively spammable and rewarding like Scald or Landorus, you know what I mean), what about if we instead we PATCH THEM ourselves?

I present you ladies and gentlemen, PROJECT M

You will say this sounds like the Other Metagame of The Month that upgrades some stats, and in part it is like that. But my intent is to go far beyond. As a little taste, those are the pre-filtered changes I intend to bring on play if the mods agree to implement this side metagame:

General mechanic changes:

Every time you switch, the pokemon that goes out looses one PP. The PP is always deducted of the move with the most total PP remaining. If the pokemon has no PP left, it suffers 10% damage instead. This way, combined with the changes below on some abilities, no matter what you do, the game will EVENTUALLY end.

Flying types: are now immune to terrains both ways. That means, in addition to being able to suffer priority attacks or status in the middle of Psychic or Misty Terrain, they will be able to use them against everybody regardless.

Critical hits now have a built-in Mold Breaker effect, but the multiplier is lowered to x1,3.

Paralysis, flinches and confusion damage can NEVER trigger twice in a row.

Paralysis, Torment and Leech Seed now wear off after 10 turns.

Sleep only lasts 1-2 turns. A woken up pokemon cannot be put to sleep the immediately next turn.

If a pokemon falls under the effects of Taunt and attacks the taunter that same turn, the move will be guaranteed to hit AND crit.

Any successfully connected attack resets the user's accuracy drops and target's evasion boosts.

The effects of trapping abilities only last two turns after you switch in the trapper or until the target takes damage from a direct attack, whatever happens first. Thus, careful use of Protect, Substitute or a charge move can allow you to escape them. All trapping abilities protect the user from being trapped in any way. Using a trapping move while trapped will also break the trapping.

Struggle now uses the highest of either Atk or Satk, and has base power of 75. The recoil damage now scales similar to toxic to prevent Funbro-style locks.

The damage boost of all Terrains is now 30% instead of 50%. All other effects maintained.

Fire and Ice both grant immunity to freezes and burns.

All water moves EXCEPT Scald and Steam Eruption, cure burns on the user.

All fire moves cure freezes on the user.

Rain prevents burns.

Scald and Steam Eruption now loose power in rain and gain power in sun (after all, they ALREADY behave like fire moves when it comes to freeze mechanics).

Z-moves have base power stantardized to be the base move's power +100, never exceeding 250.
Exclusive Z-moves instead give +120 base power and an added special effect.

Move-specific buffs:

Flying Press: Base power increased to 100. Now deals purely Fighting type normally, and purely Flying type damage if target is resistant or immune to Fighting.

Sparked Electrosurfer: Now applies Electric Terrain.

Let's Struggle Forever: Now applies Misty Terrain.

Oceanic Operetta: Now deals Fairy type damage to targets resistant to Water. Cures status on team.

Sinister Arrow Raid: Now deals Grass type damage to targets resistant or immune to Ghost. Fully ignores Protect.

Malicious Moonslaught: Now deals Fire type damage to targets resistant to Dark. Guaranteed to flinch the target.

Skull Bash: Base power increased to 140. Damage taken while charging reduced by 33%. Pierces through Protect.

Freeze Shock and Freeze Burn: Charge turn skipped in hail. Damage taken while charging reduced by 33%.

Transform: Base PP boosted to 25 and priority +1.

All moves with 95% accuraccy: Accuraccy boosted to 100 (none of them have enough power or good enough effects to justify that 1/20 "yes, you're F".

Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave: Perfect accuraccy if used by a fire/ghost and an electric type pokémon respectively.

Perfect-accuraccy moves: Now hit in any semi invulnerable state similar to the effects of No Guard

Bubblebeam and Low Sweep: Base power reduced to 60, and speed drop chance increased to 100%.

Rock Tomb and Icy Wind: Accuraccy increased to 100%

Teleport: Now works as a switch-out move and evades Pursuit, allowing DryPassing to return to the metagame.

Mind Reader: Now targets the user, thus it works even if the opponent switches out and can be baton passed.

Lock On: Lasts unit the target switches out.

All base power drops from XY (Blizzard, Thunderbolt) reverted

All other moves with a charge turn: Power increased to 120 and 100 base accuracy. Sky Attack now grants Fly-style immunity and gets 180 base power to compensate those miserable 8 PP that mean you're boned against Protect users.

All status moves that drop enemy stats: Increased effect by one stage and base 100 accuracy (yes, even Screech, Metal Sound and company).

All Wrap clones get 100 accuraccy, except Magma Storm.

SelfDestruct gets power boosted to 250 and once again halves defenses. Explosion reworked: rock and steel types loose half their health, ghost types and Sturdy users immune. Everything else OHKOed. Both moves will fail if you have less than 25% HP

Hyper Beam clones have their base power boosted to 180 and won't recharge if you get the kill, but they get accuraccy dropped to 80 and will now recharge even if it fails to connect for any reason.

Dark Void now has 80% accuraccy on singles ONLY.

Night Daze: If the user is under the effects of Illusion, it now mimics the animation of the strongest move of the imposted pokemon (so now it can be used to try to deceive the opponent).

Move-specific nerfs:

King's Shield: No longer affects moves that would have dealt no damage. Stance Chance wont' swap into defense mode if used twice without switching out.

Hidden Power: base power adjusted to 65 to prevent Technician boost.

Recycle: Unaffected by Leppa Berry. Cannot recycle Leppa Berry. The move will fail if used repeteadly.

Glare: accuraccy dropped by 20.

Yawn: The move will fail if used repeteadly.

U-turn and Volt Switch: switching effect fails if target is x4 resistant to the move.

OHKO moves: get a base accuracy of 100 but get a charge turn AND a recharge turn instead. This means as long as you got something immune to them or someone with Protect or Substitute, you can easily counter them while still deterring super-passive playstyles. The recharge turn means even if you don't manage to avoid them, the opponent is probably not surviving either.

Entry Hazards: Base PP halved (maybe in the future, discuss Stealth Rock's PP getting quartered). This way they are a little less spammable yet still do their job.

Haze: Base PP halved (same deal).

Encore, Torment and Taunt: fail if used on a pokemon that just broke off their effects. PP and duration of Encore and Taunt boosted to 5 turns and 24 PP.

Ingrain: recovery increased to 25% of HP each turn. It no longer prevents Roar and Whirlwind from taking out the pokemon of the field.

Baton Pass: faints the user. The big problem of this move was the lack of opportunity cost, and there is really no other way to nerf it without reworking it entirely.

Scald, Lava Plume, Sludge Bomb and Discharge: status chance reduced by 10.

Ability-specific buffs:

Gale Wings: HP theresold removed. Now it instead disables the user's item including Z-crystals (debatable).

Sniper: The user's critical hits now have a x2,5 damage multiplier.

Unburden: now works as long as you have no item equipped.

Run Away, Wimp Out and Emergency Exit: now grant immunity to trapping. Run Away additionally grants the revised Quick Claw effect (see below).

Sturdy: the user won't get damaged by the OHKO moves, SelfDestruct or Explosion, but the moves will successfully execute, thus triggering the recharge turn or the self-KO.

Clones of Swarm: now increase damage by x2 if below 25% HP and by x1,5 if between 25 and 50% HP

Slow Start: Reworked entirely. Now at the start of the game gives a -50% Atk, SAtk and Spd at the start and gives a progressive +10% to those stats by every turn the pokemon is on the field, without resetting. Caps at +120%.

Truant: Now also increases damage by 150% and gives the Z-move-exclusive effect of partially negating Protect.

Normality: Now turns all moves used or taken into typeless moves. STAB bonus is still factored as normal.

Ability-specific nerfs:

Speed boost now triggers a permanent separate x2 speed modifier, similar to Swift Swim and Unburden's boosts.

Natural Cure and Regenerator: to prevent indefinite stalling, they won't trigger unless the user successfully used an attack and damaged the target DIRECTLY, that means hitting substitutes or immune targets won't count. Struggle does not count either.

Clones of Flame Body including Cursed Body: Won't trigger if the user is KOed by the attack.

Magic Bounce: no longer blocks pseudo-hazing moves and entry hazards.

Parental Bond: Second hit now deals 35% of the damage from the first, but it no longer triggers any kind of secondary effects, including recoil damage or self-user stat penalties (otherwise it would be essentially a worse version of Sheer Force). Fixed damage moves only hit once.

Moody: No longer affects Accuraccy and Evasion. It now gives a +3 boost and a -3 drop every turn to prevent stat stacking.

Moxie: Now also boosts SAtk

Item-specific buffs:

Shed Shell and Safety Googles : now prevent secondary effects from enemy attacks from proccing.

Metal and Quick Powder: now work on any pokemon under the Transformed status.

Choice Items: Allows the user to select a different move if the locked move is disabled or runs out of PP. Also applies to Encore and Imprison.

Pinch berries: now grant +3 stat bonus. Starf Berry boost the stat to maximum.

Quick Claw now has 100% chance of activation but only works as long as you have full HP.

Custap Berry boost stays until user leaves the field.

Leftovers, Shell Bell and Black Sludge: fail to work if the user has no PP left.

Focus Sash is no longer consumed after activation.

Focus Band now triggers based on a 5-stage-meter, that charges by every move used or received by the holder, and resets by switching. For specific mechanics, think of the Fire Emblem Heroes rendition of Miracle. (now both Focus are worthy of play, Sash benefits frail pokemon with some way to recover HP passively, and Band is useful to allow tanks survive that one single move capable of damaging them)

Pokemon-specific buffs:

Ditto: HP, Defense and Special defense boosted to 72. (maybe I am too biased towards this little blob, but even with the reworked items and those stats he should be still balanced by his limited PP and the new switching mechanic limiting the number of times he will be able to transform)

Unown: Speed stat boosted to 72, ability swapped to Wonder Guard (still completely useless but for the lolz...).

Gallade: Post-mega ability swapped to Sniper.

Shedinja: Ability swapped to Sturdy (with the crits now having Mold Breaker built-in, and hazards still being a thing plus Shedinja loosing the usefulness of Baton Pass, it's too bad).

Pokemon-specific nerfs:

Salamence: Post-mega ability swapped to Bulletproof (that thing on his stomach looks like a Kevlar Vest, so...)

Gengar: Pre-mega ability restored to Levitate. Post-Mega ability swapped to Cursed Body

Lucario: Post-mega ability swapped to Aura Force (fighting type clone of Overgrow and Torrent)

Landorus-I: Ability swapped to Technician. +20 Satk -20 Atk.

Landorus-T: (I accept ideas)

Type changes (On discussion):

Poison is now effective against Water and Bug.

Ice is now resistant to Water and Ground.

Psychic is now immune to Fairy and effective against it.

(no brainers, poison is really bad offensively even after the fairy types, and ice is the worst defensive type. Psychic has improved with the terrain but it still suffers from being bad at both offense AND defense by himself. With those changes now Poison has a reason to be used other than "kill the Tapus", wich is also benefited by Tapu Fini now getting a x4 weakness, while Psychic gets the role of Anti-Fairy type it deserved)

New items (discussion):

Flygonium-Z: Turns Earthquake into a Z-move.

Hawluchium-Z: Turns Flying Press into a Z-move.

Dragonium-Z: Turns Outrage and Fly into Z-moves.

New moves (discussion):

Fickle Strike: Physical equivalent of Hidden Power, including readjusted 65 base power. Available to everybody capable of using TMs. Learned by Unown. (let's be honest, i feel REALLY uneasy about adding this one)

Desert Mirage (Z-Flygon): Creates a sandstorm.

Diving Hurracana (Z-Hawlucha): Keeps the effects of Flying Press. Gives a permanent x2 speed boost (for the match).

Flight of the First Dragon (Z-Dragonite): (Dragon move) If target is immune or resistant to Dragon, deals Flying-type damage. +50% damage if user is the last pokemon remaining.

The name comes from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It sounding similar to Project M is just a bonus.

Last edited:
My idea, Project P.

It's a mouthful, so let's be concise and explain that it's essentially a mod meant to revive some bugs/mechanics that were originally considered to add depth to the game, mainly the Hyper Beam bug, and some other changes intended to make sure it's impossible to stall the game indefinitely and reduce the RNG elements as much as possible, as well as readjusting the risk-reward ratio of many moves and abilities to make them no longer worthy of a ban, or make them less annoying in general. Converselty, also rescue some of the objectively worst moves, items and abilities in the game.

If you feel like watching all the proposed patches and the original introduction, there you go:

This is an idea I have been cooking for almost three years now. It's known Game Freak F sucks at balancing this game series. Our clauses should be enough proof of that.

And banning has always been extremely controversial. Some say it's too harsh, some say it's completely deserved and didn't even need a vote, and everything in between.
I am mostly anti banning, especially on recent times where we sometimes go a little overboard, but as a seasoned BSS player, even I admit it's the lesser of the two evils.

But, the thins is, WE HAVE A SIMULATOR. What about instead of banning the most ridiculous stuff and having to suffer in silence everything unfair that we can't restrict for a reason or another (Paralysis, Critical hits, certain moves or pokemon being excessively spammable and rewarding like Scald or Landorus, you know what I mean), what about if we instead we PATCH THEM ourselves?

You will say this sounds like the Other Metagame of The Month that upgrades some stats, and in part it is like that. But my intent is to go far beyond. As a little taste, those are the pre-filtered changes I intend to bring on play if the mods agree to implement this side metagame:

Every time you switch, the pokemon that goes out looses one PP. The PP is always deducted of the move with the most total PP remaining. If the pokemon has no PP left, it suffers 10% damage instead. This way, combined with the changes below on some abilities, no matter what you do, the game will EVENTUALLY end.

Flying types: are now immune to terrains both ways. That means, in addition to being able to suffer priority attacks or status in the middle of Psychic or Misty Terrain, they will be able to use them against everybody regardless.

Critical hits now have a built-in Mold Breaker effect, but the multiplier is lowered to x1,3.

Sleep only lasts 1-2 turns. A woken up pokemon cannot be put to sleep the immediately next turn.

If a pokemon falls under the effects of Taunt and attacks the taunter that same turn, the move will be guaranteed to hit AND crit.

Any successfully connected attack resets the user's accuracy drops and target's evasion boosts.

The effects of trapping abilities only last two turns after you switch in the trapper or until the target takes damage from a direct attack, whatever happens first. Thus, careful use of Protect, Substitute or a charge move can allow you to escape them. All trapping abilities protect the user from being trapped in any way. Using a trapping move while trapped will also break the trapping.

Struggle now uses the highest of either Atk or Satk, and has base power of 75. The recoil damage now scales similar to toxic to prevent Funbro-style locks.

The damage boost of all Terrains is now 30% instead of 50%. All other effects maintained.

Rain prevents burns.

Scald and Steam Eruption now loose power in rain and gain power in sun (after all, they ALREADY behave like fire moves when it comes to freeze mechanics).

Z-moves have base power stantardized to be the base move's power +100, never exceeding 250.

Move-specific buffs:

Flying Press: Base power increased to 100. Now deals purely Fighting type normally, and purely Flying type damage if target is resistant or immune to Fighting.

Oceanic Operetta: Now deals Fairy type damage to targets resistant to Water. Cures status on team.

Sinister Arrow Raid: Now deals Grass type damage to targets resistant or immune to Ghost. Fully ignores Protect.

Malicious Moonslaught: Now deals Fire type damage to targets resistant to Dark. Guaranteed to flinch the target.

Skull Bash: Base power increased to 140. Damage taken while charging reduced by 33%. Pierces through Protect.

Freeze Shock and Freeze Burn: Charge turn skipped in hail. Damage taken while charging reduced by 33%.

All moves with 95% accuraccy: Accuraccy boosted to 100 (none of them have enough power or good enough effects to justify that 1/20 "yes, you're F".

Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave: Perfect accuraccy if used by a fire/ghost and an electric type pokémon respectively.

Perfect-accuraccy moves: Now hit in any semi invulnerable state similar to the effects of No Guard

Bubblebeam and Low Sweep: Base power reduced to 60, and speed drop chance increased to 100%.

Teleport: Now works as a switch-out move and evades Pursuit, allowing DryPassing to return to the metagame.

Mind Reader: Now targets the user, thus it works even if the opponent switches out and can be baton passed.

All other moves with a charge turn: Power increased to 120 and 100 base accuracy. Sky Attack now grants Fly-style immunity and gets 180 base power to compensate those miserable 8 PP that mean you're boned against Protect users.

All status moves that drop enemy stats: Increased effect by one stage and base 100 accuracy (yes, even Screech, Metal Sound and company).

SelfDestruct gets power boosted to 250 and once again halves defenses. Explosion reworked: rock and steel types loose half their health, ghost types and Sturdy users immune. Everything else OHKOed. Both moves will fail if you have less than 25% HP

Hyper Beam clones have their base power boosted to 180 and won't recharge if you get the kill, but they get accuraccy dropped to 80 and will now recharge even if it fails to connect for any reason.

Night Daze: If the user is under the effects of Illusion, it now mimics the animation of the strongest move of the imposted pokemon (so now it can be used to try to deceive the opponent).

Move-specific nerfs:

King's Shield: No longer affects moves that would have dealt no damage. Stance Chance wont' swap into defense mode if used twice without switching out.

Recycle: Unaffected by Leppa Berry. Cannot recycle Leppa Berry. The move will fail if used repeteadly.

U-turn and Volt Switch: switching effect fails if target is x4 resistant to the move.

OHKO moves: get a base accuracy of 100 but get a charge turn AND a recharge turn instead. This means as long as you got something immune to them or someone with Protect or Substitute, you can easily counter them while still deterring super-passive playstyles. The recharge turn means even if you don't manage to avoid them, the opponent is probably not surviving either.

Entry Hazards: Base PP halved (maybe in the future, discuss Stealth Rock's PP getting quartered). This way they are a little less spammable yet still do their job.

Encore, Torment and Taunt: fail if used on a pokemon that just broke off their effects. PP and duration of Encore and Taunt boosted to 5 turns and 24 PP.

Ingrain: recovery increased to 25% of HP each turn. It no longer prevents Roar and Whirlwind from taking out the pokemon of the field.

Baton Pass: faints the user. The big problem of this move was the lack of opportunity cost, and there is really no other way to nerf it without reworking it entirely.

Ability-specific buffs:

Gale Wings: HP theresold removed. Now it instead disables the user's item including Z-crystals (debatable).

Run Away, Wimp Out and Emergency Exit: now grant immunity to trapping. Run Away additionally grants the revised Quick Claw effect (see below).

Sturdy: the user won't get damaged by the OHKO moves, SelfDestruct or Explosion, but the moves will successfully execute, thus triggering the recharge turn or the self-KO.

Clones of Swarm: now increase damage by x2 if below 25% HP and by x1,5 if between 25 and 50% HP

Slow Start: Reworked entirely. Now at the start of the game gives a -50% Atk, SAtk and Spd at the start and gives a progressive +10% to those stats by every turn the pokemon is on the field, without resetting. Caps at +120%.

Truant: Now also increases damage by 150% and gives the Z-move-exclusive effect of partially negating Protect.

Normality: Now turns all moves used or taken into typeless moves. STAB bonus is still factored as normal.

Ability-specific nerfs:

Speed boost now triggers a permanent separate x2 speed modifier, similar to Swift Swim and Unburden's boosts.

Natural Cure and Regenerator: to prevent indefinite stalling, they won't trigger unless the user successfully used an attack and damaged the target DIRECTLY, that means hitting substitutes or immune targets won't count. Struggle does not count either.

Clones of Flame Body including Cursed Body: Won't trigger if the user is KOed by the attack.

Parental Bond: Second hit now deals 35% of the damage from the first, but it no longer triggers any kind of secondary effects, including recoil damage or self-user stat penalties (otherwise it would be essentially a worse version of Sheer Force). Fixed damage moves only hit once.

Moody: No longer affects Accuraccy and Evasion. It now gives a +3 boost and a -3 drop every turn to prevent stat stacking.

Item-specific buffs:

Shed Shell and Safety Googles : now prevent secondary effects from enemy attacks from proccing.

Choice Items: Allows the user to select a different move if the locked move is disabled or runs out of PP. Also applies to Encore and Imprison.

Quick Claw now has 100% chance of activation but only works as long as you have full HP.

Leftovers, Shell Bell and Black Sludge: fail to work if the user has no PP left.

Focus Band now triggers based on a 5-stage-meter, that charges by every move used or received by the holder, and resets by switching. For specific mechanics, think of the Fire Emblem Heroes rendition of Miracle. (now both Focus are worthy of play, Sash benefits frail pokemon with some way to recover HP passively, and Band is useful to allow tanks survive that one single move capable of damaging them)

Pokemon-specific buffs:

Ditto: HP, Defense and Special defense boosted to 72. (maybe I am too biased towards this little blob, but even with the reworked items and those stats he should be still balanced by his limited PP and the new switching mechanic limiting the number of times he will be able to transform)

Unown: Speed stat boosted to 72, ability swapped to Wonder Guard (still completely useless but for the lolz...).

Shedinja: Ability swapped to Sturdy (with the crits now having Mold Breaker built-in, and hazards still being a thing plus Shedinja loosing the usefulness of Baton Pass, it's too bad).

Pokemon-specific nerfs:

Salamence: Post-mega ability swapped to Bulletproof (that thing on his stomach looks like a Kevlar Vest, so...)

Gengar: Pre-mega ability restored to Levitate. Post-Mega ability swapped to Cursed Body

Lucario: Post-mega ability swapped to Aura Force (fighting type clone of Overgrow and Torrent)

(no brainers, poison is really bad offensively even after the fairy types, and ice is the worst defensive type. Psychic has improved with the terrain but it still suffers from being bad at both offense AND defense by himself. With those changes now Poison has a reason to be used other than "kill the Tapus", wich is also benefited by Tapu Fini now getting a x4 weakness, while Psychic gets the role of Anti-Fairy type it deserved)

New items (discussion):

New moves (discussion):

Fickle Strike: Physical equivalent of Hidden Power, including readjusted 65 base power. Available to everybody capable of using TMs. Learned by Unown. (let's be honest, i feel REALLY uneasy about adding this one)

Diving Hurracana (Z-Hawlucha): Keeps the effects of Flying Press. Gives a permanent x2 speed boost (for the match).

Flight of the First Dragon (Z-Dragonite): (Dragon move) If target is immune or resistant to Dragon, deals Flying-type damage. +50% damage if user is the last pokemon remaining.

The name comes from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It sounding similar to Project M is just a bonus.
I love it, amazing! I actually have a few suggestions but for now il just keep it to two.

1. Could Dunsparce now fit it’s description? Ie, using dig switches him out instead of doing damage

2. Could mah boi Gliscor gets a Z-move? If Gliscor has no status moves, he gets a permanent speed boost and infiltrator effect

The Indigo Meta (Potentially looking for a different name)​

You know all those personal pet mods out there? They're all taking place in the current gen. However, this mod does something different. It goes back in time to a point where items and abilities didn't exist, where speed was your critical rate, where the huge power creep of later gens didn't exist yet. Yep, it's Gen 1, and a mod made to balance it out! Most changes will be done by me, but if you make a cool enough change, your's might get implemented!

Ghost does special damage. Dragon does physical damage

Psychic is weak to, and is resisted by Ghost

Rock and Ice resist Dragon

Fire resists Ice

Poison resists Bug

Fighting is immune to Ghost

Mega Drain and Leech Life have their power increased to 70

Night Shade is now a 75 BP move with no additional effects

Sludge has its base power increased to 75

Razor Wind is a Flying-Type move with 100% accuracy and has no additional effects

Strength is a Fighting-Type move

Petal Dance acts like a Grass-Type Psychic

Dragon Rage is a 80 BP move with no additional effects

Fire Spin only burns the target

Focus Energy is no longer bugged and multiplies the user's critical rate by 3

100 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 110
+ Petal Dance, + Sludge, + Earthquake

70 / 80 / 70 / 110 / 100
+ Rock Slide, + Razor Wind

80 / 70 / 110 / 70 / 100
+ Haze

+ 10 Special
+ Leech Life, + Night Shade

+10 Attack
+ Leech Life, + Sludge

+ 10 Attack, + 15 Special
+ Sludge, + Leech Life, + Night Shade

+ 10 Attack
+ Sludge

+5 Speed
+ Psychic, + Night Shade, + Solar Beam (might be useful for gimmick sets)

70 / 90 / 60 / 90 / 75
+ Sludge, + Night Shade

+ 10 Special
+ Psychic, + Night Shade

+ 10 Special
+ Fire Spin, + Earthquake

+10 Speed
+ Jump Kick

+ 10 Special
+ Rock Slide, + Night Shade, + Recover

+ 40 Attack
+ Rock Slide

+ 20 Speed, + 10 Special
+ Rock Slide

+ Leech Life

+ Leech Life, + Earthquake, + Rock Slide

Hope I didn't kill anybody's device with all these sprites...

Last edited:

OriginalMons (Potentially looking for a different name)

You know all those personal pet mods out there? They're all taking place in the current gen. However, this mod does something different. It goes back in time to a point where items and abilities didn't exist, where speed was your critical rate, where the huge power creep of later gens didn't exist yet. Yep, it's Gen 1, and a mod made to balance it out! Most changes will be done by me, but if you make a cool enough change, your's might get implemented!

Psychic is weak to, and is resisted by Ghost and Bug

Fire resists Ice

Poison resists Bug

Mega Drain and Leech Life have their power increased to 65

Razor Wind is a Flying-Type move and has no additional effects

Roar increases Attack and Speed by one stage

Psywave increases Special and Speed by one stage

Haze now only resets stats like it does in later gens. The other stuff (bar toxic poisoning and confusion) is instead removed by Whirlwind

100 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 110

70 / 80 / 70 / 110 / 100

80 / 70 / 110 / 70 / 100
+ Haze

+ Leech Life

Gen 1 battles
They already exist

Gen 1 battles
They already exist
you're aware that this is supposed to be a gen 1 balance mod right

OriginalMons (Potentially looking for a different name)

Psychic is weak to, and is resisted by Ghost and Bug

Fire resists Ice

Poison resists Bug

Mega Drain and Leech Life have their power increased to 65

Razor Wind is a Flying-Type move and has no additional effects

Roar increases Attack and Speed by one stage

Psywave increases Special and Speed by one stage

Haze now only resets stats like it does in later gens. The other stuff (bar toxic poisoning and confusion) is instead removed by Whirlwind

100 / 70 / 80 / 70 / 110

70 / 80 / 70 / 110 / 100

80 / 70 / 110 / 70 / 100
+ Haze

+ Leech Life

you could name this a lot better. Not sure what exactly, but there are a lot better names for this.

You can totally count me in on this, though.

My idea, Project P.

Rain prevents burns.

Move-specific buffs:

Move-specific nerfs:

Ability-specific buffs:

Ability-specific nerfs:

Item-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific nerfs:

New items (discussion):

New moves (discussion):

Flying Press's BP is already 100 and mentioning Rock Tomb and Icy Wind getting their accuracy buffs is redundant because that already falls under the 95% -> 100% move accuracy buff.
Still a cool idea :p

My idea, Project P.

Rain prevents burns.

Move-specific buffs:

Move-specific nerfs:

Ability-specific buffs:

Ability-specific nerfs:

Item-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific nerfs:

New items (discussion):

New moves (discussion):

Something interesting i found is that the poison buff is a blessing and a curse

Toxicroak on one hand, not only resists bugs now, but has a supereffective stab to use now, and with dry skin he can further pressure water types

However, now Parasect has 3 4x weaknesses and that is a real problem, i recommend buffing it considerably

My idea, Project P.

Rain prevents burns.

Move-specific buffs:

Move-specific nerfs:

Ability-specific buffs:

Ability-specific nerfs:

Item-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific buffs:

Pokemon-specific nerfs:

New items (discussion):

New moves (discussion):

Just saying, making Poison super-effective against Bug is a bad idea, because Bug already suffers as a type, and a Poison weakness makes it even more similar to Grass.

Just saying, making Poison super-effective against Bug is a bad idea, because Bug already suffers as a type, and a Poison weakness makes it even more similar to Grass.
Well it is pretty great offensively, i think that the poison weakness can be kept if they give bug a new thing to be super effective against, but that is just me

Well it is pretty great offensively, i think that the poison weakness can be kept if they give bug a new thing to be super effective against, but that is just me
Unless I'm missing some changes, Bug is not a good type offensively. It is resisted by 7 types and only strong against 3.

im bored so im gonna throw out one of my random ideas

Is this smash?

wait, hold up, no, wait, STOP

YES i know there is already smash metagames/mods. but i just thought of a way to go about it.

rules: OU clause, Sleep clause, etc. all the clauses in OU. only z-crystals or pokemon specific items may be used in the item slot (megas up for discussion).

the programmers probably do not want to do every pokemon so for now the only ones up for discussion will be the pokemon below

charizard
pikachu
lucario
empoleon
fearow
muk

in this metagame moves will already be set for pokemon

example: charizard will always have the moveset of

flamethrower
fly
flareblitz
rocksmash

the same one he has in smash. well other pokemon that are not in smash will have a moveset chosen for them by me and/or somebody smarter then me.

example: this is an idea for a fearow set

drillpeck
bravebird
focusenergy
mirrormove

if this does not die, please comment on anything you feel like you need to

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that could be intriguing, especially if there could be a place to play it. we'd probably have to edit stats to put the pokemon on a more equal playing field, though, and bring some megas/exclusive zs into existence for pokemon that don't have them.

we could also give them more holistic/individual-style signature abilities (if you like mons think Battle Bond Greninja, if you like smash think Bowser's Tough Guy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)