Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
that's for single stage pokemon, so it's different, and I'd want to start fresh. It wouldn't count as "continuing" any mod, I would think
There's already a mod that gives an evolution for single-staged Pokemon, or pre-evolution for Legends and Ultra Beasts. It was called Evos for Everyone back in Gen 7.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Petuuuhhh You can always adapt the Evolutions for Everyone Pet-Mod (probably without the pre-evos for the Legendaries if that isn't what you want), although you'd want to ask Brodaha about it, provided that he is still active.

Classic Mons
ill clean this up later
Stat changes:</p><p>Articuno: 90/85/100/125/125/85
Moltres: 90/100/90/125/125/90
Exeggutor: 95/95/95/125/125/55
Exeggutor-Alola: 95/105/95/125/125/45

Mega pokemon:
Some of that got mega evolutions got changes based of their mega
Absol: 65/130/60/100/60/95 Magic Bounce
Agron: 70/140/200/60/80/50 mono Steel type
Audino: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Normal/Fairy
Banette: 64/145/85/83/93/75 Prankster/Frisk/Perish Body
Aerodactyl: 80/120/75/60/75/130 Rock Head/Reckless/Tough Claws

Dusknoir: 75/110/135/60/135/45 Iron Fist/Unseen Fist/Frisk +Drain Punch, Spirit Shackle, Court Change
Claydol 75/80/105/80/135/75 Levitate/Magic Bounce/Regenerator
Rotom: normal fourm has the same stats as the appliance forums

Moves:
  • Moves that have changed trough out the series have the highest power and accuracy they have ever had. (Not counting let's go games)
  • Recharge moves don't have to recharge if they knock out the target
  • Almost all pokemon get hidden power but name displays what type it is and the physical/special split is applied to it like in gen 3. ( Bug, fighting, flying, ghost, ground, poison, rock and steel are physical. the rest are special)

Z-crystals:
Z-moves have become a hybrid of typed gems, z-moves and dynamax moves. They are now a one time use item that gets consumed when a move corresponding type is used and can be removed like gems could. Attacking moves are turned into max moves or gmax moves if they have one, well status moves become the z variant.

Last edited:
Evos for Everyone v2
buff eiscue.jpg

In Gen 7, I made a mod called Evos for Everyone that aimed to give an evolution to every single-stage pokemon, as well as give prevolutions to every legendary. I would like to continue this into Gen 8 with some improvements to make it a more streamlined, enjoyable and reliable mod for everyone involved. This post is to gauge community interest and also ask some questions!

Aerodactyl
Shuckle
Heracross
Sableye
Mawile
Kecleon
Pachirisu

Basculin
Furfrou
Dedenne
Oricorio
Wishiwashi
Pyukumuku
Komala
Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Bruxish
Cramorant
Falinks
Pincurchin
Stonjourner
Eiscue
Indeedee
Morpeko
Dracozolt
Arctozolt
Dracovish
Arctovish
Duraludon
The above list are the pokemon that E4E did not do in the previous generation. Bold indicates that they are not in the Sw/Sh games, although it's possible they'll return in the Crown Tundra DLC. (The leaks say that only Aerodactyl will make it back.) As you can see, there's actually not too many pokemon left to do.

Changes I'm thinking of making
- No ability limits. People won't purposefully try to make broken stuff, and if they do, someone can correct them.
- Stop doing legendary prevos for now. They always drew less subs, and we could continue them after the limited number of single stages are done. I did a rough count and I think there's about 18 left, if you ignore forms. If we stopped doing prevos, we could also do slates of three single stage pokemon at a time to speed up the process. Feedback appreciated!
- Discourage customs. I like custom elements, but E4E has a lot of them, and it makes it a lot harder for a new player to get into the mod. I think they should be allowed, but only as clones, and people should be encouraged to avoid them altogether unless it's integral to the sub. Feedback appreciated!
- Split evo changes. Split evos were allowed last gen and I think it was fine, but I also said I would make required split evos on some mons and... did it once in the first slate. Should I do more required splits?

There would also eventually be balance slates for the new stuff and the stuff from last gen, since there wasn't extensive playtesting for most new pokemon.

I wasn't a great leader when I first made this mod, and this would be the most important thing I change. I have a plan to keep things on a set schedule to keep me accountable and the slates predictable. I will also plan slates in advance if people want this mod to come back.

None of the changes I talked about are set in stone, and this post is really to hear from the community. Would you participate in this mod? What do you think of each of the points I brought up? I would especially like to hear from those who were active in the mod last gen. Feel free to post your feedback here or mention me in the pet mods discord to let me know what you think!

Originally, I was planning to revive All-Type-Terrain from gen 7, but after an interesting discussion with Nailah's Abs on showdown, we came up with a more interesting idea:

ALL TYPE CONDITIONS

The concept is a more tweaked and interesting concept than having just 18 terrains that can only be put 1 at a type: instead, we would have 6 Terrains, 6 weathers, and 6 "rooms" in total, each 1 following a type.
This means that we would have to create 2, brand new weathers and Terrains, and 6 completely new rooms, as well as to choose to revise and buff or nerfs whatever terrains we believe deserve such changes.

However, there is a matter that obviously needs to be discusses: What are rooms?
Rooms are a type of condition that was introduced in gen 4, releasing 3 types of those conditions:

Trick Room - the only room to see competitive viability, as it somewhat reverses the speed of pokemon on the field for a limited amount of time, allowing powerful, but slow pokemon to shine and break through threats that would usually scare them.

Wonder Room - Wonder Room basically switches all of the pokemon's defense and special defense stats.

Magic Room - Nullifies the effects of most held items for a limited amount of time.

As you see, the problem with the current rooms is that they have very technica effects, and are not type oriented like weather or terrains.
However, if the concept of ATC will be made into a mod, I believe that we should revise the mechanics of rooms and make them a parallel mechanic to other field conditions.

Name: National Meta Mons (Other name suggestions appreciated)
Concept: The idea is to create brand new, roughly 40-50 Pokemon sized metagames that would draw inspiration from a specific region of the world, such as Texas or the Philippines. These metas would contain a mix of fakemon, regional forms and evolutions of existing Pokemon, and buffed or nerfed versions of returning Pokemon.
Explanation: Each project will begin with the selection of a certain region that the Pokémon of the meta will draw inspiration from. For the sake of convenience to begin, the first Meta would be based on Texas, but after that each project’s location would be voted on in the thread. The meta would progress in slates targeting various aspects of the project. For example, each region would begin with a slate to submit fakemon starters for the meta, and a slate after might focus specifically on Ice types. The meta would aim to have a power level equivalent to mid-tier OU and High-tier UU. Each meta would contain roughly 30 new fakemon lines, 5 regional form lines, 5 regional evolution lines, and 10 adjusted Pokemon, each with their own unique aspects setting them apart. Pre-evolutions would be submitted, but would exist mostly for flavor. Each meta would aim to have a relatively equal balance of each type and a climate where many different playstyles are viable. Templates for submissions and instructions for voting would be provided. I don’t currently have plans for a council, but it’s definitely a possibility for the future. The biggest hiccup in this idea is the fact that I know absolutely nothing about coding, but hopefully I can find a way around that.
Twigert I really liked your idea, but I think you can add as many Pokémon as you want with just one new region. If the problem is that you can add only one trio of starter, we can go more free than GF on that and, especially if you want to base the region off an archipelago like Philippines, for example each island could have a different trio. You can add up to 150 new Pokémon in a new game, and I think this number gives plenty of room for any idea. Also, each game introduces new mechanics, so you can freely add any innovation to the rules of the main line games.

The idea was to mirror somewhat what clean slate did in making multiple smaller metagames. The 40-50 Pokemon referred to the amount of final evolutions in lines there would be, meaning the regions would actually consist of likely over 100 Pokemon. I didn’t want to overcomplicate things by adding new mechanics that bring it into Solomod territory. Combining all the regions to make one giant metagame does sound pretty cool though. I think I at least want to start out relatively simple and possibly innovate from there.

The idea was to mirror somewhat what clean slate did in making multiple smaller metagames. The 40-50 Pokemon referred to the amount of final evolutions in lines there would be, meaning the regions would actually consist of likely over 100 Pokemon. I didn’t want to overcomplicate things by adding new mechanics that bring it into Solomod territory. Combining all the regions to make one giant metagame does sound pretty cool though. I think I at least want to start out relatively simple and possibly innovate from there.
So you don't want to include past gen Pokemon to compete with the Fakemon you will implement, you want to do kinda like The New First Gen, right? I thought you wanted to make a fast-CAP-like project for a new gen of Pokemon, add those to the metagame and see how they play with other existing Pokemon, mainly because micrometas are already being done by multiple people currently.
Also, I didn't mean you could implement something new like Dynamax or Megas, just something like Kahunas instead of Gym Leaders, so a mechanic that doesn't change the metagame, but only the gameplay. Having multiple starter trios could be an example.

Gale of Darkness
In this Pet Mod, Shadow type would be rebalanced to not be broken. Then, we'd create "Shadow variants" of Pokemon, and more Shadow moves.

Question to the community: What would your ideal Shadow type's effectiveness be?
If you put light types it would be balanced maybe

So you don't want to include past gen Pokemon to compete with the Fakemon you will implement, you want to do kinda like The New First Gen, right? I thought you wanted to make a fast-CAP-like project for a new gen of Pokemon, add those to the metagame and see how they play with other existing Pokemon, mainly because micrometas are already being done by multiple people currently.
Also, I didn't mean you could implement something new like Dynamax or Megas, just something like Kahunas instead of Gym Leaders, so a mechanic that doesn't change the metagame, but only the gameplay. Having multiple starter trios could be an example.
Huh, wasn’t aware it came across like that, I’ll see if there’s anything I can do to make the original post clearer. I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to get across with your kahuna example, I’m not trying to make a full-fledged game that would include stuff such as this, and nothing would stop anyone from submitting a second three stage fire line that could hypothetically function as a starter in a different region. I also felt like there are currently a lot more projects that add on to the current meta such as Regional Evolutions, Regional Variants, Optimons, Megamax and ViAbilities, but I may definitely be wrong about. I know the Clean Slate projects exist, but I wasn’t aware of other micrometagames that utilize current pokemon mechanics. I wanted this to focus more on making a balanced metagame, where all the new Mons can perform, and adding them into the current climate doesn’t really allow for that. What is meant to set this mod apart is the fact that all the Pokemon in the metagame draw inspiration from a certain region, and that it would include a mixture of fakemon, regional variants, regional evolutions, and adjusted Pokemon. Hopefully that covers everything, I’m open to suggestions, but I want to keep the core concept of what I intended intact unless it’s too close to an existing mod.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Ok this is gonna be a really bad idea
Arcademons
All of us on Smogon are familiar with Pokemon’s turn-based combat system, but, like, what if it wasn’t turn-based? Basically, this pet mod will (attempt to) turn Pokemon into a real-time fighting game.

More specific rules:
  • The screen layout will remain the same: your Pokemon will appear with a backsprite, and your opponents’ will appear with a frontsprite (The style we are immitating is similar to Pokemon GO’s battle system)​
  • Moves will be used the instant you click them; however, you cannot use another move until the animation for the move you chose is finished​
  • The speed at which the move happens depends on a Pokemon’s speed, the move’s priority bracket, and the move’s power (the faster a Pokemon is, the faster it will use a move; the higher the move’s priority, the faster it will happen, the lower power a move, the faster it will happen; status moves will not factor in power in its speed)​
  • Damage is calculated the same, meaning rolls, crits, etc. will still happen​
  • PP is also still used the same way​
  • Accuracy and other percent chances are also calculated the same, meaning moves will still miss every so often (also there will be no hitboxes)​
  • Effects over turns (burn/poison/sleep/freeze, leftovers, Speed Boost) will occur every certain time interval rather than every turn. Effects for one turn (full paralysis, flinches, Truant) will last for one of those intervals​
  • When a Pokemon switches out, it will not be temporarily invincible. This is not the case for Pokemon switching in​
Questions for the Community
  • I was thinking of giving every Pokemon Protect along with its four other moves to act as a guard (like Smash Bros and other Fighting games). How would I make this work?
  • Is it possible to activate moves using keyboard inputs? It would be much easier to do than rapidly clicking the screen.
  • Is it even possible to code this? I’ve never seen another Pet Mod do this kind of thing.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to ask questions/give criticism.

I was thinking of giving every Pokemon Protect along with its four other moves to act as a guard (like Smash Bros and other Fighting games). How would I make this work?
Not sure about it specifically being Protect, but since you're trying to emulate Pokemon Go, there is a dodge move in that game.

Final Fakemon
This is an idea for a FireRed ROM hack I had, that I'm posting here for feedback. Basically, we would be adding Fakemon, items, abilities, and moves. The Fakemon would revolve around being balanced for [Gen 8] NatDex OU. The items would be for improving the metagame, and the abilities and moves would be distributed widely. It's basically Sylvemons. Would it be okay to have 2 Sylvemons? I still want to run the mod.

Generation X
The aim of this Pet Mod would be to create a whole new Region, with everything that comes with it.
We'll have slates both for flavour and competitive traits of the region, as if it was suited for a new Pokémon Game: what country it will be based off, what mithology legendaries will take inspiration from, Starter trio, and so on...
Slates will be organized to create an organic environment, and they will be ordered to feature each part of the core of a new game. We'll do as if we were GF itself, adding approximately 40-45 fully evolved Pokémon, including Fakemons, some regional forms and evolutions, legendaries and misterious Pokémon. Each sub will have to describe the Pokémon in its typing, stats, abilities and movepool.
In the order I have thought, slates will decide (letter means themes are merged in 1 slate)
1) The contry the new region takes inspiration from.
2) The legendary trio and the mithology it is inspired to (even none), with a name for the region and some backstory. (3 Pokémon)
3) Starter trio, with both competitive and flavour ideas. (3 lines)
4) Early routers, like rodents, bugs, birds and dogs. Eg: Raticate, Bibarel (rodents), Butterfree, Leavanny (bugs), Pigeot, Corviknight (birds), Arcanine, Mightyena (dogs) (4 lines: 2 rodents, 3 bugs, 2-3 birds and 2 dogs)
5) Pokémon that live in the grasslands. Eg: Ponyta, Mareep, Deerling, etc. (4-5 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
6) Cave dwellers, so Pokémon that can be found underground. Eg: Zubat, Geodude, Whismur, Noibat, etc. (3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
7) Pokémon that live in ponds, lakes and rivers. Eg: Slowpoke, Poliwhirl, Lotad, Buizel, etc. (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
8a) Pikachu clone. Eg: Pikachu, Plusle&Minun, Dedenne, Togedemaru, etc. (2 Pokémon, 1 line or 2 single-stage Pokémon or counterparts)
8b) Human-like fighters. Eg: Machamp, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, etc. (2-3 Pokémon, 1 line or 2-3 single-stage counterparts)
9) Forest, jungle and woods inhabitants, including fairies. Eg: Bellsprout, Seedot, Flabebe, Impidimp (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
10) Mystic Pokémon that stay in ruins and mysterious places, including phantoms. Eg: Claydol, Beheeyem, Bronzong, etc. (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
11) Sealife of the region. Eg: Wailord, Starmie, Jellicent (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
12) Urban Pokémon lines. Eg: Magneton, Kinklang, Furfrou, Bewear (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
13) Fossils. (4 Pokémon, 2 lines or 4 single-stage Pokémon)
14) Pokémon suited for extreme habitats, like deserts, volcanoes and icelands. Eg: Flygon, Magcargo, Beartic (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
15a) Pseudo-legendaries. (1 line of 3 Pokémon)
15b) Minor legendaries, both mysterious or secondary duo/trio/quartet. Eg: Magearna, Manaphy, Zarude, Latios/Latias, Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit, Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus (4 Pokémon)
16) A free slate (in case we lack some typings). (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
17) 4-8 new Items.
(At this point metagame will already be playable, last slates are just for fun and creativity, we could also discuss them on Discord)
18) Pokémon Professor, rival and relevant characters.
19) Evil team.
20) Gym leaders.
21) Elite 4.
22) Post-game.
Then, we'll have some discussion and slates for rebalancing.
I would even like to discuss a new mechanic to introduce, we'll do a poll to decide if we want to do so and if the 'yes' option wins, we'll do a Slate for how the new mechanic will work and and one to choose the Pokémon that will get specific forms, featuring both past-gen and new ones. The poll will also include an option for reintroducing Megaevolutions, with just some new ones added to the rooster. A maximum of 10 Pokémon and Fakemon will get these new form.
In a single slate, each line can be taken from a different submission, for example in slate #4, bugs and birds could be taken from two different user's subs. Only votes will decide, and we will do some tiebreakers to not exceed the numeric limits of the slate.
Each slate will have its own rules regarding stat limits, typings needed and allowed and number of subs. If the line has a defined role or theme, each user will be able to make just one submission (for example in slate #8a/b each user can submit just 1 Pikachu clone line or duo and/or just 1 human-like line, duo or trio), while if we need just some lines for an habitat, each submission can include from 1 to the number of Pokémon/lines required (for example during slate #11 users will be allowed to submit form 1 to 3 different lines, but just 3 will be chosen among all the subs).
Branched evolutionary lines will count as 2 lines since 2 fully evolved Pokémon will be introduced if they get voted. You can also bind two lines or Pokémon to be counterparts, meaning they can only be voted together. These facts will influence the maximum number of Pokémon that pass the slate, so, since some tiebreakers will come from this decisions, in some slates we won't be allowed to submit them.
In some slates you'll be allowed to submit Regional Variants or Evolutions instead of Fakemon, it'll be specified in the opening post. Consider that not all of the fully evolved Fakemon will be suited for OU, you can submit for any tier and we'll have many tiers (GenX OU, GenX UU, Gen X Ubers at least), it will have to be specified in the submission itself.

Questions are
- Do you like the idea? Would it just be too complex or chaotic?
- What would be a good duration for the slates? Is Discussion Phase needed or can we do it during submissions?
- Is it a problem to introduce new regional forms or evolutions for the two PM that revolve around this theme?
- Who wants to join me in the council? (I absolutely cannot do this alone)
EDIT: DuoM2 and Hematite already joined the council, we'll stop there and ask for new candidates in the future if needed
- Is it a problem if I will still be running Twisted Pokémon?
I think the main reason behind TP's lack of affluence is that it doesn't give much free space for creativity (same for Fossil Mashup), so I'd like to make a Pet Mod that is 100% based around creativity and gives as much freedom as possible.

Last edited:
Generation X
The aim of this Pet Mod would be to create a whole new Region, with everything that comes with it.
We'll have slates both for flavour and competitive traits of the region, as if it was suited for a new Pokémon Game: what country it will be based off, what mithology legendaries will take inspiration from, Starter trio, and so on...
Slates will be organized to create an organic environment, and they will be ordered to feature each part of the core of a new game. We'll do as if we were GF itself, adding approximately 40-45 fully evolved Pokémon, including Fakemons, some regional forms and evolutions, legendaries and misterious Pokémon. Each sub will have to describe the Pokémon in its typing, stats, abilities and movepool.
In the order I have thought, slates will decide (letter means themes are merged in 1 slate)
2) The legendary trio and the mithology it is inspired to (even none), with a name for the region and some backstory. (3 Pokémon)
4) Early routers, like rodents, bugs, birds and dogs. Eg: Raticate, Bibarel (rodents), Butterfree, Leavanny (bugs), Pigeot, Corviknight (birds), Arcanine, Mightyena (dogs) (4 lines: 2 rodents, 3 bugs, 2-3 birds and 2 dogs)
5) Pokémon that live in the grasslands. Eg: Ponyta, Mareep, Deerling, etc. (4-5 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
6) Cave dwellers, so Pokémon that can be found underground. Eg: Zubat, Geodude, Whismur, Noibat, etc. (3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
7) Pokémon that live in ponds, lakes and rivers. Eg: Slowpoke, Poliwhirl, Lotad, Buizel, etc. (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
8a) Pikachu clone. Eg: Pikachu, Plusle&Minun, Dedenne, Togedemaru, etc. (2 Pokémon, 1 line or 2 single-stage Pokémon or counterparts)
8b) Human-like fighters. Eg: Machamp, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, etc. (2-3 Pokémon, 1 line or 2-3 single-stage counterparts)
9) Forest, jungle and woods inhabitants, including fairies. Eg: Bellsprout, Seedot, Flabebe, Impidimp (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
10) Mystic Pokémon that stay in ruins and mysterious places, including phantoms. Eg: Claydol, Beheeyem, Bronzong, etc. (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
11) Sealife of the region. Eg: Wailord, Starmie, Jellicent (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
12) Urban Pokémon lines. Eg: Magneton, Kinklang, Furfrou, Bewear (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
14) Pokémon suited for extreme habitats, like deserts, volcanoes and icelands. Eg: Flygon, Magcargo, Beartic (3-4 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
15b) Minor legendaries, both mysterious or secondary duo/trio/quartet. Eg: Magearna, Manaphy, Zarude, Latios/Latias, Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit, Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus (4 Pokémon)
16) A free slate (in case we lack some typings). (2-3 lines or single-stage Pokémon)
17) 4-8 new Items.
(At this point metagame will already be playable, last slates are just for fun and creativity, we could also discuss them on Discord)
19) Evil team.
20) Gym leaders.
21) Elite 4.
22) Post-game.
I would even like to discuss a new mechanic to introduce, we'll do a poll to decide if we want to do so and if the 'yes' option wins, we'll do a Slate for how the new mechanic will work and and one to choose the Pokémon that will get specific forms, featuring both past-gen and new ones. The poll will also include an option for reintroducing Megaevolutions, with just some new ones added to the rooster. A maximum of 10 Pokémon and Fakemon will get these new form.
In a single slate, each line can be taken from a different submission, for example in slate #4, bugs and birds could be taken from two different user's subs. Only votes will decide, and we will do some tiebreakers to not exceed the numeric limits of the slate.
Each slate will have its own rules regarding stat limits, typings needed and allowed and number of subs. If the line has a defined role or theme, each user will be able to make just one submission (for example in slate #8a/b each user can submit just 1 Pikachu clone line or duo and/or just 1 human-like line, duo or trio), while if we need just some lines for an habitat, each submission can include from 1 to the number of Pokémon/lines required (for example during slate #11 users will be allowed to submit form 1 to 3 different lines, but just 3 will be chosen among all the subs).
Branched evolutionary lines will count as 2 lines since 2 fully evolved Pokémon will be introduced if they get voted. You can also bind two lines or Pokémon to be counterparts, meaning they can only be voted together. These facts will influence the maximum number of Pokémon that pass the slate, so, since some tiebreakers will come from this decisions, in some slates we won't be allowed to submit them.
In some slates you'll be allowed to submit Regional Variants or Evolutions instead of Fakemon, it'll be specified in the opening post. Consider that not all of the fully evolved Fakemon will be suited for OU, you can submit for any tier and we'll have many tiers (GenX OU, GenX UU, Gen X Ubers at least), it will have to be specified in the submission itself.

Questions are
- Do you like the idea? Would it just be to complex or chaotic?
- What would be a good duration for the slates? Is Discussion Phase needed or can we do it during submissions?
- Is it a problem to introduce new regional forms or evolutions for the two PM that revolve around this theme?
I think the main reason behind TP's lack of affluence is that it doesn't give much free space for creativity (same for Fossil Mashup), so I'd like to make a Pet Mod that is 100% based around creativity and gives as much freedom as possible.
This idea seems fantastic! But I have only a question: the pokemon of generation x are new (similar to cap) or they have the same sprite of a different pokemon?

Generation X
17) 4-8 new Items.
19) Evil team.
20) Gym leaders.
21) Elite 4.
22) Post-game.

Questions are
- Do you like the idea? Would it just be to complex or chaotic?
This idea seems fantastic! But I have only a question: the pokemon of generation x are new (similar to cap) or they have the same sprite of a different pokemon?

Knapmon
Knapmon, monsters that fit in a knapsack. These monsters, besides being Fakemon, use the typical Pokemon formulas and stats, but they have different types, abilities, and moves. These Knapmon are found in a game called Knapmon, which is like a Pokemon game, in a new region. There are roughly 175 of these Knapmon. So you might be thinking to yourself, "What goes on in Knapmon?". In Knapmon, the goal is to become a master Knapmon trainer. You do this by defeating other Knapmon trainers and capturing Knapmon in the wild. In this region, you do not walk through grass to capture Knapmon. The Knapmon come to you in areas that are outside of towns and cities. This is via overworld encounters, or by simple spawns in different locations on a map, depending on tile. You go through 8 trials to become a Knapmon master. Then, you go through a gauntlet of 5 battles, with the 5th battle being against the reigning Knapmon champion. Secretly, being a Knapmon trainer is what society uses to train its members up for the evil that is known as the "Luuka", the evil species of Knapmon that reside in the "outer world", which is the world that the region you are in is closed off from. During the course of your training, you come in contact with the Luuka, and must defeat them to progress. Before you become a master Knapmon trainer, you will defeat the Luuka, though not permanently. Enough to hold them off for a while.

TL;DR: This would be a metagame of 175 Fakemon meant to be a part of a particular region/world. We would come up with this region and world as we go, delving into the story and the lore behind the Knapmon, both good and evil kinds. Also, we would come up with new types, abilities, moves, and items. You might be wondering how such a lofty goal can be achieved. Well, we don't have to have 18 types, 255 abilities, and 900 moves. We should probably stick to about 6 types, 50 abilities, and 150 moves. That would be plenty for the sake of a Pet Mod, and would provide the least amount of content to make an interesting metagame.

Edit: I realize that 175 Fakemon is a lot. I'm thinking we come up with them all, albeit vaguely, and then "flesh out" 75 of them for competitive use. Also, the number of competitive items isn't going to be an issue, so whatever we come up with is going to be fine.

Knapmon
Knapmon, monsters that fit in a knapsack. These monsters, besides being Fakemon, use the typical Pokemon formulas and stats, but they have different types, abilities, and moves. These Knapmon are found in a game called Knapmon, which is like a Pokemon game, in a new region. There are roughly 175 of these Knapmon. So you might be thinking to yourself, "What goes on in Knapmon?". In Knapmon, the goal is to become a master Knapmon trainer. You do this by defeating other Knapmon trainers and capturing Knapmon in the wild. In this region, you do not walk through grass to capture Knapmon. The Knapmon come to you in areas that are outside of towns and cities. This is via overworld encounters, or by simple spawns in different locations on a map, depending on tile. You go through 8 trials to become a Knapmon master. Then, you go through a gauntlet of 5 battles, with the 5th battle being against the reigning Knapmon champion. Secretly, being a Knapmon trainer is what society uses to train its members up for the evil that is known as the "Luuka", the evil species of Knapmon that reside in the "outer world", which is the world that the region you are in is closed off from. During the course of your training, you come in contact with the Luuka, and must defeat them to progress. Before you become a master Knapmon trainer, you will defeat the Luuka, though not permanently. Enough to hold them off for a while.

TL;DR: This would be a metagame of 175 Fakemon meant to be a part of a particular region/world. We would come up with this region and world as we go, delving into the story and the lore behind the Knapmon, both good and evil kinds. Also, we would come up with new types, abilities, moves, and items. You might be wondering how such a lofty goal can be achieved. Well, we don't have to have 18 types, 255 abilities, and 900 moves. We should probably stick to about 6 types, 50 abilities, and 150 moves. That would be plenty for the sake of a Pet Mod, and would provide the least amount of content to make an interesting metagame.

Edit: I realize that 175 Fakemon is a lot. I'm thinking we come up with them all, albeit vaguely, and then "flesh out" 75 of them for competitive use. Also, the number of competitive items isn't going to be an issue, so whatever we come up with is going to be fine.
looks like you just want people to give you mons for an rom hack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)