PETA's Reasoning Skills - II

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Whatever you think about animal rights, it must be hard to have very much respect for PETA. They probably on the whole do much more harm to I guess the cause of veganism than good.

Have a nice day.

Peta is a odd organization. They kill like 10,000 dogs a year for starters. Why, because they are against shelters that go over there capacity rates. They would rather the animals are killed than suffering. I mean, would you rather live in a cage that you couldn't stand up in, with another person, covered in fecal mater, or be dead?

I can't say I am especially fond of Peta my self. They concentrate only on the treatment of animals when they should be educating people on how meat production uses a fucking unfathomable amount of recourses. 2/3rds of the fresh water man uses a year goes toward the meat industry. Its the soul reason for burning the rain forest. It is where the majority of the food produced in the US bread basket goes. Its the reason the Ogallala Aquifer is on the verge of drying up (25-40 years). Peta should spend there time talking about this not just the treatment of animals.

Just saw "The World According to Monsanto" and i recommend you ALL check it out. pretty much a SINGLE organization is buying up the rights to all food production on their own.

Peta is a odd organization. They kill like 10,000 dogs a year for starters. Why, because they are against shelters that go over there capacity rates. They would rather the animals are killed than suffering. I mean, would you rather live in a cage that you couldn't stand up in, with another person, covered in fecal mater, or be dead?
To tell you the truth I would prefer death. A lot of those animals wont be adopted anyway so not only do they live a horrible life, they end up dying anyway.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
A lot of the things have already been said. PETA only talks about the cons about eating meat, not the pros. They don't mention about how much protein and iron you get from eating meat, unlike anything else in the food pyramid. They just show gory slaughterhouse videos and that may be a good reason itself for some people to become a vegetarian, but to them, it's all about what's bad, not good.
It is also theorized that cooked meats helped man develop a complex brain.

We must all respect our fellow vegetarian and omnivore, since we, as humans, have time and time again proven that we can move above our animal instincts becoming what makes us humans, being Human.

But if a day ever comes where all hell shall break out there is one thing that might give meat eaters a defense...

BEHOLD!

A cow composed of the compost of a thousand of the toughest steel handles protesters can buy, covered with only the most brutal of all animal rights activist slogans and the toughest of beer cans, and finally drenched in Siberian Tiger urine for enhanced hippie camouflage. ALL shaped into a fun loving cow with spherical wheels made from the skulls of great white sharks for ultimate traction, speed, and carnivorosity, conveniently hidden by plastic white hooves.

I hate PETA for claiming to be all caring and 'zomg bunnies', then using images objectifying and sexualising violence against women to prove their point. Bunch of moronic cunts.

yes, cruelty to animals is bad. saying 'cruelty to animals is bad' with a picture of a dead, naked woman covered in blood does nothing to make it any better, thanks.

Oh wow, what do you know. It did belong here >_>...

Anyway, though I don't agree with PETA overall, I have to agree with one thing, eating meat is, in the end, immoral. We can live on without meat by eating substitutes, so while meat may have some advantages over substitutes, in some ways, the main point of eating something is to get enough energy to live on.

There's no point in eating meat unless you like meat, as Glen stated in the previous topic.

But I guess I just hate animals and that I'm a horrible person who would just eat things that has better taste, I can live with that.

No, Laronde, eating meat is immoral to you. I believe that man, as a collective, has the right to treat the earth and it's non-human creatures however it wants. Whether that will ultimately end up being a good or bad end, whether too many resources are used, whether the animals are treated worse than they ought to be may all be debated, and even then I do not care - if the extinction of species caused the end of the world by some absurd stretch of imagination, it still would have been humanity's prerogative to me.

Oh wow, what do you know. It did belong here >_>...

Anyway, though I don't agree with PETA overall, I have to agree with one thing, eating meat is, in the end, immoral. We can live on without meat by eating substitutes, so while meat may have some advantages over substitutes, in some ways, the main point of eating something is to get enough energy to live on.

There's no point in eating meat unless you like meat, as Glen stated in the previous topic.

But I guess I just hate animals and that I'm a horrible person who would just eat things that has better taste, I can live with that.
As far as I know, morals are a social phenomenon. They're not the laws of the universe.

And my point for eating animal products is because I want to build muscle, so there's more to it than just liking meat itself.

As far as I know, morals are a social phenomenon. They're not the laws of the universe.

And my point for eating animal products is because I want to build muscle, so there's more to it than just liking meat itself.
Morals are always debatable and I don't mind if anyone thinks otherwise. I'm not trying to be omnipotent if I did sound like one, I apologize if anyone thought that. I don't like the fact that you eat meat for stronger bones as I eat it for taste.

But again, opinions are assholes.

Not just for stronger bones (which does have health benefits...), but to look like this ( or maybe to a lesser extent):

Comon, people would do that if it was easy :P

But I agree, opinions do suck.

Man is an omnivore. He is meant to eat a omnivorous diet, which consequently includes meat and other animal by-products. Why, then, do some make the choice of becoming a vegan? Some reason that they do so in an avoidance of , which is impossible. It is a fact that life does not exist for heterotrophs without . Does the fact that a plant cannot experience pain make it more "just" than something that can? Some reason that they do so for health reasons. Similar to what I mentioned above, the healthiest diet for man is a balanced omnivorous one. Some reason that they do so in an attempt to cut themselves off from "animal cruelty". This reasoning is null in the fact that meats and animal by-products that were "treated humanely" can now be easily purchased. I attempted to remove all opinions and remain neutral in all of my statements.

Why, then, do some make the choice of becoming a vegan? Some reason that they do so in an avoidance of , which is impossible. It is a fact that life does not exist for heterotrophs without . Does the fact that a plant cannot experience pain make it more "just" than something that can?
You know, that's a good point, though I think most vegetarians and the cooperation that's PETA would disagree. Although I don't see how they can contradict this since eating anything that is living is murder, doesn't matter if it's doesn't feel anything, it's still the same thing.

Hooray, we're all terrible! :3

Not just for stronger bones (which does have health benefits...), but to look like this ( or maybe to a lesser extent):
You can get protein from non-meat sources. So it is possible to get muscle on a strict vegetarian diet.

What about the issue of things like shrimp? They spam offspring like crazy just so that the few that do survive can reproduce. Is it wrong to eat an animal that has evolutionarily come about to create as much food for others as possible? It's really a strategy of "well they can't get all of us!" They are meant to be consumed wholesale and willy-nilly. It might as well be us doing it...

No matter how you slice it, we are outcompeting most everything on the planet. I've met many a vegan/vegetarian that honestly thought no animals were being fucked over in the process to get something like bread. Yeah right, lets think a little about habitat loss and direct animal casualty as a result of that and the harvest. Yes, I did seriously just call ignorant vegans that only do it for moral reasons hypocrites. Note the emphasis on the word ignorant, which doesn't include all vegans/veggies.

You can get protein from non-meat sources. So it is possible to get muscle on a strict vegetarian diet.
Yeah, but it's still an inferior protein source and doesn't fit my needs. I've never seen or heard of an IFBB-certified vegan.

Leonard said:
Milk and meat flushes more calcium out of your system than it puts in the case of an average American. Don't believe me? Look it up. Will back this up if I need to. I'll just throw the name Dr. Dean Ornish out for starters.

Also. The worlds strongest man is Vegan and so are a bunch of the guys who do the Olympic press in the Olympics. In an old thread I posted about 50 strength related athletes that where all champions of something and vegan. I'll do so again, if this ignorant and pathetic vegans are weak stereo type persist.

I agree full milk is bad with it's high saturated fat content, but that's stupid when skim milk has no fat.

No way in hell anyone that competes in The World's Strongest Man competition doesn't use animal prducts. WSM champion 5 times: Mariusz Pudzianowski. He's not vegan. Neither are any pro IFBB bodybuilders.
let's take a look at his diet:

there is no actual plant made substitute for animal protein. There is, however, things that have the same protein content I think...but it's not the same.

Milk and meat flushes more calcium out of your system than it puts in the case of an average American. Don't believe me? Look it up. Will back this up if I need to. I'll just throw the name Dr. Dean Ornish out for starters.

Also. The worlds strongest man is Vegan and so are a bunch of the guys who do the Olympic press in the Olympics. In an old thread I posted about 50 strength related athletes that where all champions of something and vegan. I'll do so again, if this ignorant and pathetic vegans are weak stereo type persist.
A quick Google search of "Dr. Dean Ornish" gave me a diet plan that approved of nonfat milk (drinken in moderation).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)