Project Player of the Fortnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have our first ever tie between Jho and Potatochan. That means it's time for a quick lightning round! First person that hasn't already voted to vote for either Jho or Potatochan will decide the winner!

:astrolotl:Interview #8 - Jho:roserade:
Tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon.
I am 25 from the UK and I work on rollercoasters

What is the origin of your username?
it is my name

What got you into CAP?
I kept trading #1 on the 1v1 ladder with a guy called Animus Majulous in like 2015 and he was a mod in the cap room

What is your favorite CAP Pokemon?
Feel like I am compelled to say Astrolotl

What is your favorite regular Pokemon?
Roserade

What is your favorite CAP art submission that didn’t win?
The runner up for the Bug Dragon was cool as fuck, Quany always knocks it out the park.
1689864614188.png

I liked the runner up for Libra a lot as well
1689864639420.png

What is your favorite generation of CAP?
SM cap is a perfect tier

What is your favorite CAP OM?
the 3 people that play NatDex cap are cool

What would you say are your biggest contributions?
Astrolotl and helping kickstart the cap metagame into an actual metagame

What is your favorite part of the CAP process?
stats

What is a lesson you learned from a recent CAP process/buff process?
errrrrrr I haven't looked in the cap sub since chromera

What is your favorite moment from a CAP Tournament?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-715643852
Final game of winter 2018 seasonal this game is horrific

Thoughts on the current Gen 9 CAP metagame?
haven't touched it but haemogoblin seems cool

If you could change one thing about the mechanics of Pokemon, what would it be?
remove boots

Hopes for The Teal Mask/The Indigo Disk?
what are those

Can you share a team that you are proud of?
wtf 2 Tomo is a classic

Anything else you want to say to the viewers at home?
stop voting for me godbless

Thank you Jho!

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
1: Is your refrigerator running?
2: Do you have prince albert in a can?
3: If you have one bucket that holds 2 gallons, and another bucket that holds 5 gallons, how many buckets do you have?
4: Train A is traveling at 60 mph and train B is traveling 80 mph. Train A passes a station at 9:10 pm. If train B passes the same station at 9:25 pm, at that time will train B catch up to train A?
5: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

:equilibra: Interview #9 - ausma :fennekin:
Tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon.
Honestly I’m really different outside of Smogon which really makes this kinda interesting, but mainly, I’m a biology major that’s hoping to specialize in genetics, and I’m a very passionate artist!

What is the origin of your username?
“ausma” is actually the name of my mascot character that I’ve used for about 5-6 years or so? It’s a pretty straight forward, catchy name and the character in question is one that I have a really close connection to.

What got you into CAP?
It was a combination of the really welcoming art community as well as the fact that I’m a massive sucker for dissecting Pokemon mechanically. I decided to weigh in on Saharaja’s concept assessment off-handedly after lurking for a while, and from there I just kinda realized getting involved is fun as hell.

What is your favorite CAP Pokemon?
It’s a tossup between Venomicon, Equilibra, and Pajantom. All of which are really solid concepts competitively with unique roles, and the flavor attached to them all are not only incredibly clever, but really well executed in and of themselves. If I had to choose one overall, though, I’d probably have to say Equilibra just because I’m a sucker for Future Sight-esque strategies.

What is your favorite regular Pokemon?
This is a tough question because my favorite Pokemon honestly changes quite a bit depending on my mood, but generally speaking the most consistent one is Fennekin.

What is your favorite CAP art submission that didn’t win?
BaffleTome’s CAP 32 submission, for sure.

1691242453158.png

What is your favorite generation of CAP?
Instinctively I have to say probably Gen 7. It’s not a generation I’m super experienced with, but it seems to combine the best of CAP’s additions to the metagame with the generally wide range of options Gen 7 allotted players. It’s a super teambuilder friendly metagame that has felt like it rewards creativity well, so it’s naturally something I feel partial to.

What is your favorite CAP OM?
Honestly I’m not super familiar with these so I’m not sure.

What would you say are your biggest contributions?
Hemogoblin and Saharaja’s processes were definitely the ones I contributed the most to. In particular I feel I had a pretty heavy influence on a lot of Hemogoblin’s typing and movepool!

What is your favorite part of the CAP process?
If not the design phase, I have to go with Ability. I think this is where things really start to get interesting in the process as there’s a lot to think about when it comes to the relationship of abilities to your typing, as well as how well the combination can enable your role. It’s a very dynamic stage imo.

What is a lesson you learned from a recent CAP process/buff process?
I recently learned that it’s important to never pigeonhole on one idea and concept. I think it can be really easy to get consumed in the excitement of your own ideas and observations without really considering the merits of others your ideas may fundamentally disagree with. I learned this with Hemogoblin and Pixilate. I personally was very unsure of how much I was subscribed to the combination since it felt like we really had to rely on Extreme Speed to a fault and it would really limit the general direction and potential set combinations. But I’m glad we stuck through as, while its niche was fairly linear on paper, we wound up having a really uniquely powerful revenge killer anyway that had some unique ways of playing to its strength of Pixispeed.

What is your favorite moment from a CAP Tournament?
I don’t recall what the tour was for, but the Bossaru C-teaming trend that happened last gen was so funny and this replay is a personal favorite due to the goofy Dwebble lead. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1538010266

Thoughts on the current Gen 9 CAP metagame?
It’s weird, but honestly refreshing. Generation 9 introduced a lot of interesting dynamics with the Paradox Pokemon (for better or worse) that weirdly pair well with the existing CAPs. Sun as an archetype is really fun since we have a setter that’s actually somewhat competent. In general I appreciate that the metagame is leagues less volatile than SV OU since we have a lot more role compression and more consistent defensive staples like Venomicon and Arghonaut.

If you could change one thing about the mechanics of Pokemon, what would it be?
Make Bug resist Ghost. It would be such a simple but effective change as Ghost feels very overtuned offensively and Bug packing a Ghost-type resist would really cement it as something distinctly useful from Flying, whose typeholders can often be overwhelmed by Ghost-types’ relentless assault in tandem with hazard pressure.

Hopes for The Teal Mask/The Indigo Disk?
I personally would love to see some more cross-gen evolutions and Paradox Pokemon!

Can you share a team that you are proud of?
I don’t have it on hand unfortunately, but I had a Chromera Dark-spam comp that I ran after the buff process, which was a lot of fun. If I end up finding it I’ll post it in the thread.

Anything else you want to say to the viewers at home?
don’t ask who joe is, biggest mistake of my life

who is joe

Anyway, thank you ausma! Everyone else is now free ask their own questions!

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
gz on winning tl i'm gonna ask you questions

1. what/who inspired you to run for tl and tlt?
  2. ok so u like ability stage so much. drop your favorite pokemon ability itt
  3. why didn't you give me my order from sheetz..... i mean the quesadilla was clean but i was really bankin on some advice....
  4. you're an ou personality what's your favorite ou pokemon (any ou)
  5. most anticipated returning mon from the DLC?
  6. are you a water drinking hydrationist or a carbonation carbuncle?
  7. thoughts on hoggirl arc as someone who got dragged into the whole ordeal?
  8. how would you pronounce "shnowshner" (there is a wrong answer and i won't say what it is because all my friends will start using it)

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
you wear a lot of different hats on this site, whether it’s smod, ou council, etc, and now TL for cap (omg) - what’s your favorite thing/the best part about being in these leadership positions? worst part? can be in general or something specific about a certain position

also whats your favorite minecraft mob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)