Project Player of the Fortnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
gz on winning tl i'm gonna ask you questions

1. what/who inspired you to run for tl and tlt?
  2. ok so u like ability stage so much. drop your favorite pokemon ability itt
  3. why didn't you give me my order from sheetz..... i mean the quesadilla was clean but i was really bankin on some advice....
  4. you're an ou personality what's your favorite ou pokemon (any ou)
  5. most anticipated returning mon from the DLC?
  6. are you a water drinking hydrationist or a carbonation carbuncle?
  7. thoughts on hoggirl arc as someone who got dragged into the whole ordeal?
  8. how would you pronounce "shnowshner" (there is a wrong answer and i won't say what it is because all my friends will start using it)
1: while i always intended to actually sign up just to kinda get more hands on with the process, Da Pizza Man actually gave me confidence so s/o to him
2: there are definitely a few! idt it's a shock to anybody that i'm a massive fan of poison touch, but i also really like emergency exit/wimp out as well as the paradox abilities
3: i ate it
4: gen 8 aegislash and gen 7 mega lopunny
5: i'm really interested to see how clefable's return will impact the metagame due to the prevalence of hazards, the lack of consistent removal, and moves like salt cure, but i also am interested since it's going to be losing several vital tools that will for sure impact what moves it opts to run (knock and softboiled being the big ones)
6: even worse. i'm an aquatic assimilator
7: i have no idea why or how it became a thing but it's the kind of goofy aura i'm all for
8: shhno-shhnur

you wear a lot of different hats on this site, whether it’s smod, ou council, etc, and now TL for cap (omg) - what’s your favorite thing/the best part about being in these leadership positions? worst part? can be in general or something specific about a certain position

also whats your favorite minecraft mob
1: i think my favorite thing is by far how much i really actually get to be really intimately involved in a lot of the going-ons with the site. it makes me not only feel way more connected with the community as a competitive pokemon fan but also it just lets me really get to understand how communities can work on a large scale. least favorite part though probably has to be dealing with people who are assholes for no reason and also the idea of getting reports for people you know on a personal level. i think overall being in these positions, though, is one of those things where you really have to want to be in them to get something out of them, otherwise it all becomes an obligation and you'll wind up really burnt out and overwhelmed constantly.

2: enderman or ghast. both r pretty silly but also very interesting from a lore/gameplay perspective

:saharaja: Interview #10 - SHSP :excadrill:
Tell us a bit about yourself outside of Smogon.
Well, I’m 23, a UConn grad, and even more of a nerd than most of yall think probably. NY sports fan, big esports fan, league player (derogatory), politics aficionado, the list goes on.

What is the origin of your username?

LOL this is a good question, wish I knew the answer. I know it stood for something when I made it, but have no clue now. I like it when yall find new things for it to stand for- Strategic Highway Safety Plan, that one yugioh set, SomeHow Still Playing, that sorta stuff.

What got you into CAP?

Some ancient series of Youtube videos that I can’t remember or find anymore just before Malaconda dropped. Those kinda drove me into wanting to find out more about the game and the mons, from there I lurked and eventually got to a point where I could contribute, and I’ve been in deep ever since.

What is your favorite CAP Pokemon?

Tie between Raja and Libra. Those are my children and I can’t play favorites between my children.

What is your favorite regular Pokemon?

This one’s easier! Excadrill beats out a handful of others by a smidge.

What is your favorite CAP art submission that didn’t win?

Golurkyourself’s CAP30 sub, the chained up/unchained moth looking guy, was stellar. Hard to pick just one here.

1692381304855.png

1692381320662.png

What is your favorite generation of CAP?

SM by a mile but I’m sure that’s no surprise.

What is your favorite CAP OM?

Does mono count as an OM? Genuinely unsure there. If not that, then it’s Inheritance I think it's called?

What would you say are your biggest contributions?

I think it has to be TLing Libra and Raja, right? Outside of that I think it’s been helping with meta stuff since the SM era.

What is your favorite part of the CAP process?

Concept by a mile. It’s the coolest part by far, the one that’s the most wide open, and seeing what people come up with is always really cool. I love it to death.

What is a lesson you learned from a recent CAP process/buff process?

I think Goblin’s process kinda highlighted that direction can change, and we should be receptive to that. The debate around role has been done to death by now, but even with regards to how we do movepools and the like, it’s okay if we take some risks with what we end up giving mons (even if it means they get tweaked later). Push the limits!

What is your favorite moment from a CAP Tournament?

Hard to pick just one! I think my all time favorite is the win against Pannu in the tiebreak of CAPPL, to get the Rajas into playoffs. That was a great game to play, a great team, against a great player, in a pressure environment. Love that game to death.

Thoughts on the current Gen 9 CAP metagame?

I love the new mons, both Goblin and the actual SV additions. I think I’m still kinda bad at it, but I was terrible at pre-IoA/CT SS too, so we’ll see if I can figure it out.

If you could change one thing about the mechanics of Pokemon, what would it be?

Does it count if I say updating the hazard game? I’d love to see more removal types and more unique hazards.

Hopes for The Teal Mask/The Indigo Disk?

In-game, I’d like to figure out more about Area Zero and that whole plotline, I really liked SV as main series games honestly. Comp wise, I’d like for them to figure out what we’re doing with Tera and for some more cool additions- the duraludon evo seems like a really cool start already tell you the truth. The new tera type stuff scares me tho.

Can you share a team that you are proud of?

https://pokepast.es/f7ab275ec1f98f02 don’t think I’ve ever actually shared this publicly unlike most teams, but this is a fun ass celebi squad in SM that I ran vs Jay once and still break out from time to time. Genuine celebeliever here lol

Anything else you want to say to the viewers at home?

Much love to yall in CAP, been a huge part of my life for the past 6 or 7 years now and it’s been a blast. Certainly don’t plan on going anywhere anytime soon, either, so here’s to another half dozen more. Also I’ll try to answer anything you guys ask in the thread and not be spoo so

Thank you SHSP, you can now ask your own questions!

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
if you had to host a big brother esque reality show filled with CAP personalities, who are some of the people you'd want in?

top 5 CAP techs/sets?

Whatchu know about rolling down in the deep?

What should spoo and I name our capcl team?

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
if you had to host a big brother esque reality show filled with CAP personalities, who are some of the people you'd want in?
you spoo rabia jho offler binpin tadasuke zeta shnow (lasen would cause an international incident)

top 5 CAP techs/sets?
Rototiller Jumbao, Gknot Roak, this gen's dice Smokomodo, anti-pursuit Paj, splash plate Kril

Whatchu know about rolling down in the deep?
astrolotl in the ocean

What should spoo and I name our capcl team?
pinnacle binacles

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
You said Mono CAP was your favorite CAP OM - would you be a Monotype mainer if you didn't play CAP?

What Type do you think features the coolest Pokémon, both in CAP and the main games?

What's your favorite Pokémon starter?

What are the best nicknames to give to a Saharaja and Equilibra, respectively?

SHSP

You said Mono CAP was your favorite CAP OM - would you be a Monotype mainer if you didn't play CAP?
Never really thought about it honestly, but I could definitely see myself in that sort of world if I didn't play CAP. I've got so little experience actually playing it, though. I should change that.
What Type do you think features the coolest Pokémon, both in CAP and the main games?
I'm horribly biased towards Ground type CAPs, but in general I've always loved the majority of Steel types.
What's your favorite Pokémon starter?
Turtwig! (HMs to the other Sinnoh starters, Litten and Sprig)
What are the best nicknames to give to a Saharaja and Equilibra, respectively?
Raja- I forget why sciz called it Fergie but Fergie
Libra- one of my favs I've ran was Divine Judgement (after the Kayle ult in league to match the theme of the team)

How do you feel about becoming a revolutionary?

SHSP

What do you think is an underrated mon in SV CAP currently?
Smoko!
Any advice to people new to CAP?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, participate, and above all else play plenty of games. Read up on past processes, get a good grasp of the meta, and if you're ever confused about something don't hesitate to reach out to folks for help.
What is your favorite Pokemon move?
Searing Shot.
What's your favorite non-Pokemon video game?
Close race between Dragon Quest 9, League, Street Fighter III Third Strike, and Kid Icarus Uprising.
How many tusk-bearing Pokemon should we expect to see in your series vs BinPin?
icant

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
can you stop being one year younger than me i always think you're like 28?
would you let me into one of your teamcords ever again?
any advice for tour hosting? i wanna do that for cap and i know you've done it before
least favorite pokemon set
do you still like playing league or has it permanently fried your dopamine receptors like team fortress 2 has done to mine?
which cap friend of yours frequently gives you the worst migraines?
thoughts on old bay?
what's your opinion on tera as a comp mechanic?

SHSP

can you stop being one year younger than me i always think you're like 28?
everyone always thinks im so old, I don't know if I should be flattered or not
would you let me into one of your teamcords ever again?
With zero hesitation, yes.
any advice for tour hosting? i wanna do that for cap and i know you've done it before
A lot of it is just timing and common sense, honestly. Getting stuff up on time, being around to hear when things go wrong, etc, making act calls and flips are just a lot of your own decisions. If anything really out of the norm happens, TD's are always happy to help and there's often some old decision in some SPL admin thread or something that helps.
least favorite pokemon set
destiny bond valiant's innovator needs to be hunted for sport.
do you still like playing league or has it permanently fried your dopamine receptors like team fortress 2 has done to mine?
I do! I think its a really amazing game and it's something that I can always focus on getting better at, the grind can be fun in that way. Plus I've been muting all for most games for like 10 years so that part of it doesn't effect me much lmao
which cap friend of yours frequently gives you the worst migraines?
I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear me say it's D2.
thoughts on old bay?
Not many, it's not something I've had a lot actually.
what's your opinion on tera as a comp mechanic?
I hate the fact I kind of like it? It has really high highs, where when you're using it and it works it feels amazing, and I think it can create a good amount of depth (and knowledge checks, which I appreciate). Its lows are really low, though, and I think as deep as it can be a lot of it comes down to "tera in XYZ position and try to do it second." As time passes I'm more irritated with Tera Blast itself honestly

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
1: Which project was your favorite to be TL/TLT for?
2: Are there any trends in CAP that bother you?
3: If you had to remove a CAP from the metagame, which would it be and why?
4: What is the jankiest set that you have ever come up with?
5: What is your opinion on loltyler1?
6: How long have you been bald?
7: What's it like being bald?

SHSP

1: Which project was your favorite to be TL/TLT for?
making me pick between my babies is tough. I think Raja was a lot more fun cause it was my second time around and I wasn't as worried, almost?
2: Are there any trends in CAP that bother you?
Oh, plenty, but I'd like this to not be an essay lol. Off the top of my head, I think the focus on concepts that "put us in a box" (say, Chromera's or Hemogoblin's concepts) don't produce my favorite processes. I also get progressively tired with folks that become more and more resistant to actually learning about or playing the meta (or game) we're building for.
3: If you had to remove a CAP from the metagame, which would it be and why?
I hate p much everything Chromera adds so get it gone
4: What is the jankiest set that you have ever come up with?
this one was made w/ snake way back in the day- sub 3atk z-final gambit Mollux to lure Colo
5: What is your opinion on loltyler1?
hit or miss humor for me, I think his climb challenges are great but his variety content is peak. would let him clean my pool
6: How long have you been bald?
7: What's it like being bald?
shiny

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
shsp how does it feel knowing you might never have to worry about a hi jump kick miss ever again?????
what your spicy take about something about the 2024 US President election cycle?
do you have a favorite team tour memory?
what's your prefered way to build teams? for example, do you build solo, with others, do you try to have a core you want to build around or are you focused on an opponent to opponent basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)