SHSP
Tadasuke
snake_rattler

Lasen already got an ubers player of the week smh

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tadasuke

Everyone knows me as a player. I play games. I play pokemon. Seriously. Look at my storied history of playing games as a player, and you too will describe me as such.

Our voting period comes to a close! Without further ado, our next CAP player of the week will be Tadasuke. Congrats to them! As such, questions directed at 2spoopy4u should cease.

We're going to give Tadasuke some time to answer the questionaire I have prepared for them. Until then, think of your best questions and such for Tadasuke.

:aurumoth:
Interview #3: Tadasuke

Tell us a little bit about yourself, outside of pokemon showdown:
I’m a 23 year old education student, looking to teach high school level music once I get all the requisite certifications. I also teach private music lessons when there isn’t a global pandemic.

Where’d you get your username from?
So my username was picked from a list of optional names for a Japanese class I took my freshman year of high school. I just saw this one and thought it looked cool, plus my real name also starts with a T.

Favourite CAP:
My favorite CAP to use was probably Astrolotl prior to having Knock Off removed, it just felt like it always had a purpose and could always gain momentum, but playing against it was also a pain. As of right now I’d have to say Aurumoth is a favorite just in terms of being cheese as fuck on HO, but for more standard builds I like the fact that Bao is seeing more usage again.

Favourite CAP OM/Old Gen and why?:
ORAS because I’ve been working on reviving it for the past few months, and it seems like it’s finally working to a certain extent. Getting picked for the RoA spotlight ladder was huge, as well as having the swiss tour hosted by velvet which you all should sign up for. Outside of that, I haven’t really touched CAP OMs or older gens. They’ve always struck me as lacking a large enough serious and consistent playerbase to garner any meaningful information about the tier, but that might change in the future.

How you got started in CAP/What drew you in?
So I first learned about CAP towards the end of BW, back when they still had CAP mons loaded into the pool of mons available for random battles. I think I loaded a Revenankh or a Pyroak and wanted to learn more about them. Once the Cawmodore playtest started, that’s when I actually came to the room and did the correct thing by suggesting my own completed fakemon.

What’s your favourite playstyle to use in CAP and why?
Historically I’ve preferred bulky offense and balance, but recently I’ve been enjoying HO a lot. There’s just a ton of room to try out really strange and unconventional mons with that playstyle, and I appreciate not seeing the same 10-12 mons on every team.

Whats your favourite part of the process?
Art, hands down. Discussion is fun and all, but looking at pretty colors? Real shit.

Thoughts on the current CAP metagame?
I haven’t been super actively battling outside of using one meme team recently, but it appears that a lot of people are enjoying SS right now. The team Rabia used to win the Winter Seasonal just proves to me that there’s plenty of room for innovation right now, and I look forward to seeing how the meta will evolve during the CAP 29 playtest.

Thoughts on the current state of CAP 29?
I was worried for a bit at the beginning, but it’s really looking like this mon will be able to fulfill its concept and function well enough in the meta. Again, I’m just really looking forward to hosting the playtest.

How does being a room owner impact how you see CAP or showdown as a whole?
It’s definitely a different dynamic than being a room mod, but I’ve been enjoying it. Having the authority to reach out to other communities and act as a representative for CAP is something I’ve wanted to do for the longest time, and I’ve definitely got lots of plans in terms of outreach and trying to build the community. Most of the work I’ve been doing so far has been very behind-the-scenes stuff regarding staffing and room policy, but I’ve got some fun stuff planned for the very near future so stay tuned.

What was your favourite moment from a CAP tour?
Denryus vs Felucia in CAP Snake Draft. Deny is undefeated and the best CAP player to have graced this planet, any evidence to the contrary is fake and those spreading it are just jealous.

Share a particular team you are proud of?
https://pokepast.es/ec9311d1f933d176 This is the boys. Although they might not be the most competitively viable team, they have the strongest bond out of any team used in the CAP meta. You can expect a full RMT and lore drop once they all reach level 100 and achieve true fulfillment.

Can you give some advice for new CAPers starting off in the metagame?
Read through our resources. Watch replays from our tournament circuit. Ask staff for help or advice when needed, and at the same time test things out for yourself instead of solely relying on others for information. Play our official room tours. Join CAP tours hosted on Smogon. Join our discord and look for matches and advice there. Reach out to accomplished players and learn from them. Develop friendships with others who enjoy the metagame and help each other grow. Never assume you know everything, or anything for that matter. Stay open to new ideas and be ready for the metagame to shift away from what you thought it was at a moment’s notice. Don’t use Snaelstrom.

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What is the hidden "sauce" that makes you this good of a presence?
What's your favourite tournament you've hosted?
What advice would you give to a younger you? Can be mons or irl related.
Would you like to see a specific CAP meta explored more, if it meant not hindering the evolution of others? If so, which one? (EG CAP LC/NFE/UU/OMs).
What's stopping you from taking over CAP rfn
Will Zephyri ever get himself unlocked?
What anime in your opinion has the best OST?
What's your cat's breed? Can I see him again?
Where would you travel if money wasn't a concern?
Most importantly: when are you next seeing GMars so we can get the next musical passion project?

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey tada, the government and I locked Darek away and are now looking for his coconspirators.

Got any artist recommendations in the psychedelic genre?

Favorite DND class and subclass?

Which CAP do you think would cause you the most bodily harm in a fight?

Do you have any fun tournament ideas in the works?

What new mechanics, if any, do you hope to see out of the gen 4 remakes?

Will Rabia’s lead ever stop growing?

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Why didn't you win the best host award ?
clearly nepotism Because I wasn't the best host. I appreciate being on the slate at all though.

What is the hidden "sauce" that makes you this good of a presence?
What I do is I go to Subway and have them make a sandwich with no toppings, but every single condiment they have. I then go home, pulse it all together in a food processor, then throw it out and buy tahini.

What's your favourite tournament you've hosted?
CAP Snake Draft easily. I think the team tours are when CAP has the most visibility and activity as a tier. The meta always develops a ton, people make new friends, the memes can be great, etc. Very much looking forward to seeing if I can top it with CAPPL VII.

What advice would you give to a younger you? Can be mons or irl related.
Don't date people if they don't have your best interests at heart. Stretch before you practice. Don't worry as much about what other people think.

Would you like to see a specific CAP meta explored more, if it meant not hindering the evolution of others? If so, which one? (EG CAP LC/NFE/UU/OMs).
I remember CAP LC being a very fun meta for those involved, and working with the LC community again would likely be a ton of fun. The issue there is that as of now, CAP Prevos aren't built for any specific meta, they're very much a side project. I think it'd be cool to change that in the future, but I'm saying all this as someone who would likely never play the tier. Building a CAP for Ubers would be wild too, since I'd like to see what the project is capable of when it takes its gloves off.

What's stopping you from taking over CAP rfn
Snake is too powerful. I challenge him to 6th dimensional jedi chess battles every day but I lose every time.

Will Zephyri ever get himself unlocked?
No. Zephyr is a menace to society and if unleashed the world as we know it will crumble. Real talk though, Zeph is an extremely promising user, and the only thing holding him back from soaring through the ranks on PS is his internet provider.

What anime in your opinion has the best OST?
Samurai Champloo. Nujabes killed that entire soundtrack.

What's your cat's breed? Can I see him again?
Not my cat but he's a tabby shorthair? No specific breed afaik, just a mutt.

Where would you travel if money wasn't a concern?
Honestly I'm not super big on traveling, so I'd probably just travel to a much nicer house and stay there permanently. Probably somewhere by the beach.

Most importantly: when are you next seeing GMars so we can get the next musical passion project?
Tentatively this summer? Tada+GMars Beat Tape 2021 is gonna blow your mind, it'll be even better than the Tada+GMars Spring Break 2009 Cool Jazz Holiday Special.

Hey tada, the government and I locked Darek away and are now looking for his coconspirators.
Got any artist recommendations in the psychedelic genre?
I can't recommend Mid Air Thief enough. Man is unbelievable, completely in a world of his own when it comes to music. Gotta represent Chicago by saying Makaya McCraven's music is wild too, definitely check out In The Moment and Moving Cities with Antoine Berjeaut. If you want to get more into classics, Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow by Funkadelic is a whole trip.

Favorite DND class and subclass?
Rogue and Arcane Trickster. I think skills are really what fleshes out 5e for me, and pursuing expertises within game can be really gratifying once you get them. Just the sheer versatility of rogues in general is incredible even outside of combat, then stack sneak attack, uncanny dodge, evasion, slippery mind, elusive, etc on top of that and you get a really great class to play. With arcane trickster you get all the benefits of being a rogue with increased magical fuckery just exponentially widening the horizons of what you can do in any given situation.

Which CAP do you think would cause you the most bodily harm in a fight?
Plasmanta.

Do you have any fun tournament ideas in the works?
I mean there's CAPPL VII. I'm kinda waiting to finish out everything I already have scheduled, but you can expect something fun in the latter half of the year, probably replacing the budget and regular tours. SS CAP Cyclohm Cup 2 is coming though, so be prepared.

What new mechanics, if any, do you hope to see out of the gen 4 remakes?
Bring back megas. Bring back Pursuit, Bring back Tail Glow.

Will Rabia’s lead ever stop growing?
hello tada

What is your favorite anime?
As of now Samurai Champloo is probably the classic that I show everyone, since that was what got me into anime in the first place. FMA Brotherhood was also really strong in my eyes, and The Boondocks is also one of the best animes out there (except for season 4).

Should I convince my gf denryus to join CAP PL?
Yes. She should join SPL too.

Favorite Spanish word
el

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Why isn't your name Tadasucky, that's how everyone pronounces it anyway
As the most recent room owner, how do you think the PS! room environment could be improved, if at all?
What's your favorite part of tournament hosting?
What are your ideas for and opinions on the format for the second team tournament, now that it's been revealed that snake drafts aren't really super viable
What do you think about retains, 8 teams, and permanent franchises in CAPPL?
I have basic af music tastes; all I listen to is pop or rock songs by mainstream artists, and sometimes anime. However, I want to act like i'm interesting and quirky in music discussions. Knowing all of this, what music or albums would you suggest me to listen to?
When are the boys getting their first team tour experience? I want to see Philbert officially manhandle spoo, in a replay visible to everyone, featured on Smogon's twitter and facebook and youtube and twitch.

Last edited:

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Why isn't your name Tadasucky, that's how everyone pronounces it anyway
Why isn't your name shut up dork.

As the most recent room owner, how do you think the PS! room environment could be improved, if at all?
I think the best way to really improve the room would be to move towards pursuing ways to increase room activity and the CAP meta playerbase. Since most of the people on PS are there to battle, it's only natural that the rooms with the highest visibility/populations are those with the largest playerbases. CAP's playerbase has ballooned since I last left in 2017, and I think there's still a lot of room to grow. During team tours is when I usually see the most new faces in the room, so I think improving their quality and promoting them better so more people want to stick around would be a key step towards achieving that. I have other ideas as well but I'm gonna keep them to myself until I discuss them with staff.

What's your favorite part of tournament hosting?
Being the first person to see the lineups in a week. There have been so many times where I'm entering a bunch of familiar names into the bracketmaker and I just get hyped thinking about what matchups are coming. Usually the end result is me thinking "oh shit sorry SHSP" but it's still a lot of fun. Also being in every team's discord for team tours is really interesting. There seemed to be a huge variance in approaches to winning Snake Draft and I loved watching everybody strategize and build. Hopefully CAPPL will be more of the same.

What are your ideas for and opinions on the format for the second team tournament, now that it's been revealed that snake drafts aren't really super viable. What do you think about retains, 8 teams, and permanent franchises in CAPPL?
I'd love to have a World Cup of CAP (WCAP) but I don't think we have enough people at this point. The final decision will ultimately be up to consensus via PRC, but I wouldn't mind having a second auction based tournament. The difficulty would come in finding a way to really differentiate it from CAPPL, and I'm not super sure what the best way is to do that yet. It's not as if Snake Draft doesn't have its upsides though, but I think that I and most of the managers from the previous snake would appreciate having a more balanced draft style. I could see retains being a part of the team tour scene in the future, but at this point we kinda have too few people to do them fairly. Again this would be something I'd rather have the community decide, but personally I wouldn't want to implement them just yet. The same goes for permanent franchises. 8 teams though? Let's do it, so long as enough people sign up.

I have basic af music tastes; all I listen to is pop or rock songs by mainstream artists, and sometimes anime. However, I want to act like i'm interesting and quirky in music discussions. Knowing all of this, what music or albums would you suggest me to listen to?
First of all there's no need to act like anything other than yourself, but if you're actually interested in exploring music I might have some advice. The most important thing is to start thinking about what it is about the songs you like that makes you like them. Once you can pin that down, explore the artists who made that thing that you liked happen. Any pop song is going to have one or more producers on it, and if it's the production that you like, check out who they are, who else they've worked with, and just listen through their catalogues. You can check out who your favorite artists list as influences, what samples they use in their songs, etc to get a good idea of who else you might like. At the same time, a lot of pop artists use studio musicians that show up all over the place. For example, if you liked the bass line on Watermelon Sugar, you could look up who played it and find out that that same bassist played with a whole slew of other acts, like Adele, Paul Simon, John Mayer, The Who, Ed Sheeran, Nine Inch Nails, Phil Colins, Eric Clapton, Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, Elton John, BB King, members of Pink Floyd, etc, then start exploring all of the stuff he recorded with them. This is all very rambly but the point I'm getting at is that music doesn't exist in a vacuum, and if you look at the circles of musicians surrounding who you already like, you'll probably find more music that you enjoy.

When are the boys getting their first team tour experience? I want to see Philbert officially manhandle spoo, in a replay visible to everyone, featured on Smogon's twitter and facebook and youtube and twitch.
If someone brings the boys in a team tour that would probably constitute throwing. Their services would better be offered as life coaches to the team rather than warriors.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Greetings Lord Tadaskulus, many many questions are afoot, but here are those I have at hand.

How have you seen the CAP meta change/evolve during your tenure as an active player, and where would you like to see it go in the next 6 months, year, and beyond?

What aspects of CAP tours have you been enjoying, and what do you think could use improvement? If you could host any tour at all what would it be and why is it SPL?

What are your current goals within the CAP community? Do you plan on branching out beyond it at any point?

When you and snake_rattler get married, will the wedding cake be a bad pun covered in bad puns or a bad pun made of bad puns?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Thank you for coming to my TEDasuke talk.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
Greetings Lord Tadaskulus, many many questions are afoot, but here are those I have at hand.

How have you seen the CAP meta change/evolve during your tenure as an active player, and where would you like to see it go in the next 6 months, year, and beyond?
It's changed quite a lot since I first start playing. It went from being a side project of the meta to being the main focus of the project, which I think was a huge step forward. The playerbase has increased a lot, as well as the quality of play. Having frequent tours, both in the room and on the forums, has been good for that. In the next 6 months I'd just like to knock the playtest, CAPPL, and all the other singles tours out of the park. I've seen a lot of genuine effort put towards developing a few CAP OMs/Old Gens and I'm looking forward to seeing how all that blossoms over the course of the year. Reaching out to and developing connections with new people is always fun too, and I look forward to seeing a lot of that happening in the future.

What aspects of CAP tours have you been enjoying, and what do you think could use improvement? If you could host any tour at all what would it be and why is it SPL?
I think I've covered a lot of this in the posts before this, but really I just like seeing the community learn and grow. Honestly I think the best way to improve CAP tours is to replace the guy who keeps hosting them, he sucks. If I could host any tour, it would probably be a tour at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so I could sneak in at night and steal the pick of destiny.

What are your current goals within the CAP community? Do you plan on branching out beyond it at any point?
My main goal is to develop a CAP VR game so we can go fight Plasmanta irl, and see if an Astrolotl with a spear can actually beat a Miasmaw with a shield. Outside of that I'm just looking to make the meta grow, and trying to take advantage of any opportunity to do so. I've been branching out a bit with tournament hosting, but I don't really plan on becoming super involved with any other communities unless the D&D room comes back.

When you and snake_rattler get married, will the wedding cake be a bad pun covered in bad puns or a bad pun made of bad puns?
So the issue with that line of thought is that the priest performing the ceremony is actually an anthropomorphic carrot cake. The cake is wedding us, yes, but there will be no wedding cake. I'm gluten free.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Only me.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
after days spent journeying among the mountaintops, fervently searching for new questions to ask, i've proudly returned bearing the best non-plagiarised questions that mankind has to offer

can you fit your entire hand in your mouth ?

have you ever seen a ghost before? what about aliens? any encounter with the supernatural at all ?

top 5 favorite albums OAT ?

top 5 albums to consume legal substances to in an indeterminate location at a legal age ?

if a hypothetical indebted witch offered to place an evil hex on anyone of your choosing, who would you hex and what would it be? id probably curse lasen to get his likes taken away again because it would be really funny

who will win the cap29 playtest and why?

what's the best piece of advice you've ever received from someone else?

what's your favorite magic trick?

and finally, what's the coolest kind of hat ?

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
after days spent journeying among the mountaintops, fervently searching for new questions to ask, i've proudly returned bearing the best non-plagiarised questions that mankind has to offer

can you fit your entire hand in your mouth ?
No, but my hand is larger than my face so you might have cancer.

have you ever seen a ghost before?
Yes, I've used dating apps before.

what about aliens? any encounter with the supernatural at all ?
I believe the correct term is foreign national, and nah Supernatural was alright but I liked The Vampire Diaries better.

top 5 favorite albums OAT ?
In no particular order:
  • Voodoo by D'Angelo
  • Crumbling by Mid-Air Thief
  • Pink Moon by Nick Drake
  • At the Pershing: But Not for Me by Ahmad Jamal
  • Louis Cole by Louis Cole
  • Kind of Blue / In A Silent Way / Bitches Brew / Jack Johnson / We Want Miles by Miles Davis
  • Penthouse Serenade by Nat King Cole
  • Quiet Signs by Jessica Pratt
  • Choose Your Weapon by Hiatus Kaiyote
  • Funkentelechy vs The Placebo Syndrome by Parliament
  • We Like It Here by Snarky Puppy
More than 5, but who trusts numbers anyway? A lot of this is subject to change at any given point though, so do with that what you will.

top 5 albums to consume legal substances to in an indeterminate location at a legal age ?
Continuing with a lack of order (providing links to anything not on Spotify):
if a hypothetical indebted witch offered to place an evil hex on anyone of your choosing, who would you hex and what would it be? id probably curse lasen to get his likes taken away again because it would be really funny
I'm not super certain I've got anyone I'm spiteful enough towards to do that. Maybe if I see I burned Hippowdon I'd hex it but honestly your idea sounds pretty solid.

who will win the cap29 playtest and why?
Really depends on who signs up. Rabia's lead is ever increasing, but I think there could be a few people that would have a shot at dethroning him. Stresh could do it if we fax him a better router, maybe this'll be the tour Finch wins? Again I could probably give a better answer once I see who signs up.

what's the best piece of advice you've ever received from someone else?
Don't kill the child in you; stay young at heart.

what's your favorite magic trick?
The one where my dad disappeared.

and finally, what's the coolest kind of hat ?
Any hat being worn by a cat.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
What is your favorite fruit?

What is your favorite vegetable?

What is your favorite grain?

What is your favorite meat?

What is the best dairy product?

What is your favorite kind of syrup?

What is your favorite time of day?

What is your favorite team tour experience?

What is your favorite party game?

What is your favorite cosmic body?

What is your favorite chemical?

What is your favorite thing to say when jumping off of a diving board?

Thanks and congrats!

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
What is your favorite fruit?
You.

What is your favorite vegetable?
Onions probably since they're super versatile? My go-to's are usually onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, leeks, kale, spinach. If garlic counts as a vegetable then that too.

What is your favorite grain?
Rice.

What is your favorite meat?
Veal. I don't care about how cute baby cows are, they taste better than they look.

What is the best dairy product?
None, I can't consume them.

What is your favorite kind of syrup?
Probably maple, have don't much syrup exploring.

What is your favorite time of day?
Dinner time.

What is your favorite team tour experience?
GF draft round 2.

What is your favorite party game?
Beer pong is decent. I've apparently won a few games but unsurprisingly I don't remember them very well. Never have I ever used to be fun but then I became an adult and get out after the first few rounds every time.

What is your favorite cosmic body?
Earth.

What is your favorite chemical?
H2O

What is your favorite thing to say when jumping off of a diving board?

Thanks and congrats!
Man I wish they put water in this pool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)