PMing users when you delete their posts/topics

This would be nice. I mean if it's something obviously stupid then yeah, that doesn't need a PM but if it's something relevant and is deleted then the user might not know what's going on. For example, I posted an error in Scizor's moveset (it doesn't list Vaccuum Wave) - deleted with no explanation. Then I posted another error (Heracross does not hit 403 speed) - deleted.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
In general, I agree moderators should PM when deleting threads and posts.

In your case, I assume the reason your posts were deleted is that small changes are supposed to be posted in the small changes thread, and the usual procedure is that posts are deleted from that thread once the small change is made, though perhaps that procedure should be changed or made more clear.

In addition, if you looked, your scizor post was deleted because a latter post was made in the same topic that compiled all the mistakes that were found since you posted.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If a mod deletes a post/topic for something other than outright "rule breaking" a PM should be sent.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can this be done automatically the way infractions are? Just have the "delete reason" PMed to the user or something? This could be useful just so people learn from their non-infraction worthy mistakes and don't throw a hissy fit on the forums.

I agree with this 100% I started a thread about the European release date, and was engaged in a conversation, I then went back to the board, and spent 15 minutes trying to find it. I assumed it had been deleted and this was confirmed when I saw the thread about USA release, now mentioned the Eu release. But it would have been nice to have that PM, just so I could have saved myself those 15 minutes I wasted. Just putting in my 2 cents there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)