Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not looking here first, Firestorm. Thanks for the link.

Is there any info on whether they're releasing anything new regarding species aside from what seems to be like new Formes if not hybrids of the BW legendaries?
...You mean, like, new pokemon? I get a feeling that the Keldeo event is getting closer (but a date has not been set anywhere iirc), and it could be possible to catch Meloetta in the new games (but it will most likely come from a future event).

I agree with making these games like red/blue mystery dungeons. One for the DS and the other 3DS.
They would still be compatible together but the 3DS one would have more features.

It would be awesome if it was on 3DS and had BResk graphics.

You know what they might do though: they might have one for DS and one for 3DS. (kind of like Mystery Dungion Red and Blue)
Highly doubtful as they outright said it would be for the DS no point in making one for 3ds and saying 'hey remember mystery dungeon red and blue? well we fucked you all with having it on two different platforms, you should know better' and be done with it

People who have been playing pokemon on the ds since sinnoh would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for 3ds. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play ds games on 3ds anyway. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the 3ds at all.

So anyway, since it's 2 and not a third adaptation like emerald or platinum, I'm looking forward to a new storyline playthrough experience. With the nature vs man aspect of black and white, I'd guess that black 2 will be some time in the future after black, and white 2 could be in the past before white maybe.
That would actually be a really cool concept
ugh I am so hyped for this @.@

Based on the anime's pace, Gen 6 on 3DS is coming in June 2013 in Japan for sure, so it's just one more year. (Well, closer to two everywhere else.)
How do you know we're going to get a sixth generation that quick? Not trying to be argumentative, I just really want to see a new generation. (Unova isn't really my thing.)

Eventually they'll have to 3DS, so they might as well get it over with. Besides, that would be a good thing to advertise it as. Also, a lot of people (including most people here) will buy a 3DS just to play this, so that would boost sales there.

Skyla said something about wanting to take the player up in her plane one day. Looker said that N had been spotted again far away somewhere. I think there's a good chance that these games take place in Hoenn and Unova...

People who have been playing pokemon on the ds since sinnoh would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for 3ds. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play ds games on 3ds anyway. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the 3ds at all.

So anyway, since it's 2 and not a third adaptation like emerald or platinum, I'm looking forward to a new storyline playthrough experience. With the nature vs man aspect of black and white, I'd guess that black 2 will be some time in the future after black, and white 2 could be in the past before white maybe.
People who have been playing the gameboy advance since Ruby and Sapphire would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for the DS. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play gameboy advance games on DS anyways. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the ds at all.

People who have been playing the gameboy since Red and Yellow would be pretty pissed if the new pokemon game came out for gameboy advance. You'd have to go and get a whole new handheld. And it's not like you can't play gameboy games on gameboy advance anyways. Everyone has access to it this way. No one is "missing out on sales" for the gameboy advance at all.

See what I did there?

That argument makes no sense. The DS is for all extensive purposes dead. Nintendo is pushing the 3ds. It's a more powerful machine with new potential for the series. Just because people are accustomed to something doesn't mean they shouldn't go in the proper direction. I'm not looking at it for a sales standpoint, but rather the standpoint of advancing pokemon as a series. The 3ds provides MUCH more potential than the DS and it's not like the 3ds is an unreasonable price. I'm pretty sure its only a little bit for expensive than the DS was in 2007 with the release of diamond and pearl. Moral of the story, shut up. Platforms evolve and new hardware is more powerful than the old. I'm sick of people being glad that this is on DS. This was a lazy thing on gamefreak's part as they are a first party nintendo development studio. They've had enough time with the 3ds hardware and should be using it effectively, not continuing to do something they are comfortable with. For those who are glad because it's on the DS, sure you can be, but a 3ds is a good purchase, it is a great system, and a pokemon game on 3ds would be a much better experience than on DS.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm slightly disappointed at the idea of fusing 2 legendary dragons, but the new formes look sick!

The formes will still be Dragon / Ice - they can't simply throw away the dragon-type :o nope.

Also, on a much less serious note, how will we abbreviate this generation? We had RBY, GSC, RSE/FRLG, DPPt/HGSS. So now what, B1W1/B2W2? It's kind of awkward the way it looks.
It'll be BWBW :)

So, maybe we can expect a different type of dual region game (like G/S/C), except with unova and hoenn.

First sequel in pokemon. Pretty exciting. Looks like they're finally emphasizing on storyline.

Did anyone see 3DS on right corner of the site http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/ ? I can't read japanese, but if anyone can translate it, that'll be nice.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If it gets rid of that horrible Dragon/Ice typing (at least in Overused and Uber standards, or for people who don't like hail), I'm in.

Just kidding. I'm getting it no matter what.

(but still what happens to the Dragon-typing?)

Sorry but the whole fusion thing with Kyurem is making me think too much DBZ involvement...

Other than those horrible fusions, about time GF does something new and different than before. I think I might go back to Pokemon if the new games have a additional story, new tutors, and Hoenn! Mostly the latter is going to push me to buy not one, but both.

no, its not confirmed

also what if each of the forms got the typing of the mascots? Kyurem-R would be Dragon / Fire, Kyurem-Z would be Dragon / Electric. That would honestly be pretty swell especially if they got the mascots STABs!

Empire State Pants going on in here tonight. Totally getting one. I mean the game and an Empire State Pants.

Oh, and to clear some things up that you people keep saying over and over:

-The typing for Kyurem's formes will NOT be determined by what the competative fanbase wants. In fact, is there really anything determined by that? VGC is run by the creators and what does it do? Double battles. No one plays doubles (that was totally serious and not in any way an exaggeration for the few that I know will think that was serious and not in any way an exaggeration). The typing isn't decided by the competative community, they are the creators, they will do what they want with it, and we will have to deal with it.

-They're doing this to make money. Yes. That's why they've been releasing generations in pairs since the day Pokemon was ever created. Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? You think that wasn't for money? They need to pay people who work there. They need to eat. They need to run the company, pay rent, electricity. They need money. They are doing it for the money. They are in it for the money because they need the money. Get over it.

-They're releasing it on DS because not everyone has a 3DS. Everyone who can't get a 3DS by the release date is a lost sale, maybe permanently. If they offer it to the wider market, then they are going to make more money because more people will be able to buy it.

I'm not going to make any speculations. But the speculations I have seen here, especially regarding Hoenn, which is by far my favourite region, please re-read my first sentence. No, my first three.

Im very disapointed.

GF: guys these bitches actually buy the third version of the games
GF: what if...
GF: we made 2 versions of it ! $$$
Lol, they probably do say that. But so what? From a sales standpoint, it's a pretty smart move. It's pretty much the same reasoning behind why the final Harry Potter movie was split into two parts.

I myself will most likely get only one, the decision being entirely based off of which pokemon are exclusive to which version.

-The typing for Kyurem's formes will NOT be determined by what the competative fanbase wants. In fact, is there really anything determined by that? VGC is run by the creators and what does it do? Double battles. No one plays doubles (that was totally serious and not in any way an exaggeration for the few that I know will think that was serious and not in any way an exaggeration). The typing isn't decided by the competative community, they are the creators, they will do what they want with it, and we will have to deal with it.

-They're doing this to make money. Yes. That's why they've been releasing generations in pairs since the day Pokemon was ever created. Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? You think that wasn't for money? They need to pay people who work there. They need to eat. They need to run the company, pay rent, electricity. They need money. They are doing it for the money. They are in it for the money because they need the money. Get over it.

-They're releasing it on DS because not everyone has a 3DS. Everyone who can't get a 3DS by the release date is a lost sale, maybe permanently. If they offer it to the wider market, then they are going to make more money because more people will be able to buy it.

I'm not going to make any speculations. But the speculations I have seen here, especially regarding Hoenn, which is by far my favourite region, please re-read my first sentence. No, my first three.
So much this ^^

It's all clear now.

N flied to Hoenn.
Giovanni is probably gonna escape with Reshiram too, and you gotta take Kyurem with you in Hoenn.

And before you say "Team Rocket is dead", explain why the anime featured a redesigned outfit for Jessie & James and the last Rocket Grunt from HGSS is in BW1. It's gonna happen.
It makes perfect sense. I am such a Team Rocket fan lol

It's hilarious how we all of sudden became Smogon Hardcores to Fanboys
Talking about story line and such. Lol

That argument makes no sense. The DS is for all extensive purposes dead. Nintendo is pushing the 3ds. It's a more powerful machine with new potential for the series. Just because people are accustomed to something doesn't mean they shouldn't go in the proper direction. I'm not looking at it for a sales standpoint, but rather the standpoint of advancing pokemon as a series. The 3ds provides MUCH more potential than the DS and it's not like the 3ds is an unreasonable price. I'm pretty sure its only a little bit for expensive than the DS was in 2007 with the release of diamond and pearl. Moral of the story, shut up. Platforms evolve and new hardware is more powerful than the old. I'm sick of people being glad that this is on DS. This was a lazy thing on gamefreak's part as they are a first party nintendo development studio. They've had enough time with the 3ds hardware and should be using it effectively, not continuing to do something they are comfortable with. For those who are glad because it's on the DS, sure you can be, but a 3ds is a good purchase, it is a great system, and a pokemon game on 3ds would be a much better experience than on DS.
Didn't people use that same argument when b&w was announced and there was speculation it would be for 3ds?
It's game freaks baby and they can do whatever they want and release it for the ds or 3ds if they want to. Nintendo can say "we'd like it if you made this for the 3ds as it would boost sales for it" but game freak ultimately decides what it's going to be on.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't people use that same argument when b&w was announced and there was speculation it would be for 3ds?
It's game freaks baby and they can do whatever they want and release it for the ds or 3ds if they want to. Nintendo can say "we'd like it if you made this for the 3ds as it would boost sales for it" but game freak ultimately decides what it's going to be on.
From what I understand, Nintendo owns Creatures. Nintendo owns 1/3 of Pokemon, Creatures owns 1/3 of Pokemon, and Game Freak owns 1/3 of Pokemon. This means Nintendo actually owns 2/3 of Pokemon and has final say, not Game Freak.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
From a business perspective, a DS release makes the most sense, since you're not limiting your market to early adopters. Let's face it, the number of people who own a DS (or DSi if you count it) dwarfs the number of 3DS owners by an order of magnitude.

Besides, the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS and DSi games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)