Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So if I have a North American DSi, I will be unable to play a Japanese Black/White 2 on it?
Yes, pretty much.

EDIT:

Confimation from Serebii:
The games can be played on any model of DS and 3DS, however they contain a region lock on DSi and 3DS models.

F*ck no... That means I can't get the formes on my japanese game... That means I have to pull out PokéGen for them, no matter how you get them to change formes.

EDIT 2: Well, this is pretty obvious now anyways, the AR Searcher is only released in Japan on the 23rd of june.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
As for the origin of these formes:

Landorus: Inari the Kami of Ferility is commonly depicted as a fox.
Thundurus: Ryujin, "dragon kami," is a water kami often connected with Raijin, the Kami of Thunder, who brings forth rain and lightning. (Closest thing I could find)
Tornadus: Absolutely no idea here. Fujin, the Kami he's based off of, has no connection to birds. He's probably a bird just because Flying-type. *shrugs*

We'll see when the full art gets leaked but I'll stick with Bird, Dragon, and a Fox for the alt formes until then..
Awwww yea-Wait he's a tiger? ...Actually that makes Landorus the first Tiger Pokemon. "OMG GAIZ! THEY'RE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!" And yet somehow this is the first tiger.

Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack
Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack
WHY?
Because Base 125 was just too damn low?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I actually just remembered Raikou was a sabertooth because I use him on my team. No idea how I forgot about him when I constantly see him.

I'm still loving the designs for these guys but...they already have Base 125 Offenses. How much higher are they going? They really need to slow them down if they're coming at us with more power.

I do like the sound of Tornadus. If he ends up being a defensive, yet extremely fast Pokemon, I'm down for that as long as they give him some decent support moves and lower his Sp.Attack so we don't end up with a bulky, speedy, and very powerful Pokemon that can abuse Hurricanes like nothing.

Well he's in the very first town and probably owns/heads the school in town. He probably uses normal typings for his "students" maybe?
Normal types are a nice early-game type, at least.
That fits him well - he was looking for his purpose in B/W, and now he's found he wants to teach others about Pokemon.

Well that page was cool, we get to see the returning characters.

Hmmm, those new formes look really badass actually. And I'm so glad Landorus doesn't really look like a turkey.

Oh look, Brycen's doing films again. He was supposed to be an old movie actor. Dunno whats going on on the right though.

Right then, what's up next? W-w-ohmygod... I though the rumours were lies but they were TRUUEEE-(head explodes)

Nice! The Genies with the best offensive typings will also be getting a boost to the most relevant attacking stats. I'm calling base 140 Spa/Atk for Thundurus/Landorus. They can pull 15 points off the other attacking stat. Tornadus will be pretty unique with a fast but bulky stat spread. I'm thinking Lugia, although most likely faster and less bulky.

Oh my, this is just crazy, how much are they gonna stuff this game with awesome things?
The three genies getting new forms still seems like something completely not needed or asked for... Apart from maybe boosting 3DS sales, because I don't see these three being relevant to the storyline. Doesn't take away that they look pretty awesome, especially Tigergenie.

But I have to agree with something someone else said on the previous page of this thread, that GF is really starting to make the power creep too high. Now, I know this is very farfetch'd, but I have the weird feeling (I've already said this a few pages ago) that they're gonna change something radically in the coming games. My reasons to believe this are that they're putting 'too many' things in just BW2, something GF doesn't usually do. Then, the power creep... The power creep is just getting too high. What if they simply start deleting pokemon from coming games, or radically change all the stats of everyone?

Yeah, it's dumb and ridiculous, but I don't see the pkmn series going very far if they have to stuff every single game with more and more, and if they have to give every poke a BST of 800.

We can only wait and see, and DAMN I can't wait for Autumn!

According to some speculations, the Sacred Beast formes are based off Aztec lore. Thundurus is based off Quetzalcoatl who was a serpent, which fits the guy's slender build. Landorus is based off Tezcatlipoca, which is actually a jaguar, big cat variant. Tornadus is designed after Huitzolipochtli, a god who upon death became a green and purple hummingbird.

Yeah, Thundurus and Landorus on top of getting more of their best stat are based off badass creatures while the other steve is a mere hummingbird.

Looking at the gym leaders/champions picture again, I just realized that all of the battle shots showed that Blue, Lance and whoever the other one was had three Pokemon each. Is it possible this could have something to do with the Battle Frontier? Possibly something very obvious, because it would have to be post-game to justify putting all these people in, but something that hasn't been said yet.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
BTW, what's with that Pokemon World Tournament thing?
Is it when you're able to team up with all the gym leaders (not sure about Hoenn gym leaders) in double/multi/wi-fi battles, or maybe in battle frontier? (if there's a new battle frontier)

Hmmm... the new Landorus forme kinda looks a bit demented :p

Gonna hazard a guess as to the new forms' stats:

Tornadus: 79/115/70/125/80/111 -> 79/60/130/60/130/121
Thundurus: 79/115/70/125/80/111 -> 79/100/65/145/80/101
Landorus: 89/125/90/115/80/101 -> 99/145/80/90/85/101

Sure, 145 is high, but after Chandelure and Haxorus it isn't that implausible.

BTW, what's with that Pokemon World Tournament thing?
Is it when you're able to team up with all the gym leaders (not sure about Hoenn gym leaders) in double/multi/wi-fi battles, or maybe in battle frontier? (if there's a new battle frontier)

Hmmm... the new Landorus forme kinda looks a bit demented :p
3vs3 singles, 4v4 doubles, and rumored triple battles/rotational battles. Then tournament style with previous gym leaders/champion (Maybe elite 4 who knows)

Curious how the new professor with that blue thing in his hair relates to the World Tournament. If memory serves during one of the trailers he was shown at the stage. I bet he host's it or is some sort of opponent at some point. And since he has a focus on Power/ Pokemon's potential (Forgot which the description was) it kinda makes sense.

Ever since i heard that one line from Cynthia, i was hoping for something like this. And then, it turned out to look even more awesome than i could have hoped. Bless you GF.

Also, a Thundurus with MORE Sp. Atk? If it doesn't lose prankster in its new form.... we've got one hell of a beast on our hands...

One question though. This is the second time in the series we have a direct sequel to the games (the first being GSC). To which at the end, we dealt with Red.

We seem to have some development with a lot of people from BW (except N who's in parts unknown according to them). Question time...where's the player (or I guess, Black/White)?

Before, I said I didn't like the new Thundurus & Co. forms, but they've really started to grow on me. And holy crap, they're really trying to make this game worth buying, aren't they? All they need are move tutors and, depending on other developments, this could be one seriously awesome game.

Has anyone heard about the world tournanment? apearentlly you can battle all past gym leaders and champions from past games! Also I think the genie's deserved a form change along with kyurem. And yes my spelling could use some work, I know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)