Pokémon Conquest

Anyone going "Pokemon + Feudalism lolwat?" watch Movie 12. It sucks pretty major pelota but it explains the phenomenon
You do realize that saying the Spanish word for "ball" as we would use "testicle" is kind of like calling a girl "caliente" in Spanish to a bunch of Spanish speakers, right? (they're more likely to get her ice water than comment on her appearance if they don't immediately burst into laughter at the Anglo-Saxon idiot who thinks "hot" means "sexy" in all languages.) The idiom doesn't translate well.

Try "cajones," which is Spanish for testicles and is probably more recognizable.

Idiotic rant over.

Either way, this game looks interesting. Besides, it's an SRPG about Pokemon, and the Nobunaga series seems to have lasted a while (i.e. it's good enough to have survived this long, at least in Japan.)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yep.

Strategy RPGs are great. Actually, I'm sort of scared this will be too easy and watered-down, because of the audience. The most jarring thing for me about it is the clash of settings (Pokémon and uhh.. feudal Japan?). But this has a lot of potential. Give it a chance, everyone! It's a new way to experience Pokémon and it's really not gimmicky except for the crossover aspect, which does make me a bit wary. I say it's not gimmicky because tactical RPGs are an old, diverse, and well-explored genre; there's something out there setting-wise for everyone who loves strategy. And considering a lot of us have played competitive Pokémon at some point, it's not a stretch to translate one form of turn-based tactics to another, isometric form. We have a lot of weird spinoffs anyway: Pokémon Snap, anyone?
well, so long as they water down fft and not ffta it is still guaranteed to be harder than any fire emblem game

gdi fft... v_v

I kind of feel like the story line is great, but that the gameplay would have been better if it was a standard Pokemon game, where battles were those of competition and skill vs ranger style gameplay.

Wait, what.

Holy crap, this looks cool. Gonna have to research this to find out more about it. But I hope that when you ride up the ranks, your pokemon evolve! Like if you start out with eevee, then later on when you are a higher rank, you can evolve it into your choice of eeveelutions. That would be cool.

EDIT: I just hope you can get cool pokemon, and not some crap that follows you through the rest of the game like pichu.....That would suck.

And lol, just saw the trailer, and yay, infernape samurai looks hilarious. Totally buying this game when it comes out for Canada! Lets just hope that it's for DS and not 3DS people. I'm not wasting my money on one of those things..........

I can't wait for this game to come out. I love Samurai warriors and pokemon! Nobunaga is the best this game will be win. I made an Ubers team with Zekrom Mewtwo and groudon and named them after the appropriate people too! SO excited!

At first I was like :S
Then I saw Oichi and was like ^_____________^
Then I saw it is going to be like Fire Emblem and now I am like >:(

I honestly have like, no idea how this is gonna work. I just hope that we can catch pokemon to add to our armies. That would be pretty cool. Besides, I don't want it to be like you are forced to use one pokemon throughout the whole entire game. Like in pokemon myster dungeon. So yeah, I hope we get some variety. I hope more info gets released soon!

That means that like, a lot of pokemon are gonna be taken out. Porygon line, magnemite line, rotom and team, muk, garbador and genesect.

I seriously hope that I can get a serperior. And a tentacruel. And a golurk. Otherwise I will be ragin.

As you can see, I have high expectations for this game. But I should. A crossover should be made as nicely as they can make it!

breh

強いだね
I think that has to be one of the best boxarts for a pokemon game in recent years.

Also somebody remind me why this is on the DS again ?_?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am very undecided about this because I love pokémon but I hate tactic games because I am very bad at them

But if it ends up available to the world and on DS, I'd try it.

I 'like' the idea of mewtwo suddenly "teleporting" itself several hundreds years earlier before he was even created...

facepalm.png
This too. I'm also on the fence with the use of Groudon and Zekrom since those are intensely connected to regions and recent games, so I'd prefer if they had just kept on using other legendaries like Entei and Jirachi or anything.

Haha, I was thinking that about 'puff when I saw the cover too, it's like shit that bitch is ganna get reamed.

It's interesting that three of five cover Pokemon are from the original 151, kind of backs up that they're targeting an older audience with this game, in addition to the gameplay being a little more complex than what you'd seen in a normal Pokemon game... it's a bit of a pity that going so far off their normal genre will probably lead to lower sales that make them think that isn't a good strategy.

...What the crap, Nintendo.

Please tell me this is some extremely early April Fool's joke. The screenshots look kind of cool, and the premise might add a new depth to the series--especially the backstory--but this just looks so...weird. Nintendo had better hope to God it's actually somewhat decent.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i've always felt the best way to develop and publish games is just hope that they are good

I am so relieved that this is for the NDS. I originally thought this was for the 3DS and was thinking "Crap, I'm missing out on another cool sick game!". However, what I'm interested in is seeing what the gameplay is gonna be like. I'm assuming there won't be cutscenes, but miniature animations of attacks. Like in pokemon dungeon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)