Pokémon GO

I think I have had just enough. There's no way one person can be physically fit staying all night for hours just to attack gyms.

So, I live in outskirts area. I covet other outskirts' gyms which don't seem to have as much activity as the central city for I want to get Golds, but each night there's just be this one nightwalker screwing me up. I notice they're also cowardly, not attacking tall gyms. Either this guy is a darned spoofer or just so dedicated to point of having no life.

I can get why a player might avoid full gyms. I'm in this crunch zone right now where I have 0 potions and the stops only give me one once in a blue moon. So I have to give the hairy eyeball to gyms I want to take and ask myself, "Are any of these gyms worth placing defenders, knowing that once they come back, I can't use them for quite some time afterwards?"

the usual gym hog around here decided to only take 2 around here tonight, I mean I don't understand the point in taking 11 gyms at 10:30pm.. what does it achieve? other then stops people getting coins? so its nice they actually stopped taking a few, not that coins is getting an issue, but its annoying as when you want a community and you get a guy doing that.. then there is a spoofer who has decided to turn up in the neighbourhood, level 40, and from what I know, they seem to have expanded massively while maps are down, they are spoofing from miles away.

I avoid battling gyms unless I need them, full stacked 6 is handy for badges, wont bother if it isn't a badge gym.

I just realise the next Community event clashes with EX Raid. I happen to have EX Pass for a gym somewhat further than the spawn centres. Oh great. I'm not prepared for this, it was already great when they put EX Raid on Sat and Community Day on Sunday. Why must they do this now?
:mad:

According to the newsletter, there will be an event starting April 11th featuring Kanto Pokemon, with details to be released soon.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a few flaffy ready to evolve, not going to power them up since I have no need for them especially since my dragonites and rayquazas can do the job effectively.

While I still have not gotten a 100% IV in any raid, I did get a Latios with CP 2076 which has 14 in HP and 15 in attack & defense so I'm happy with that. Unless I ever get a perfect one, this will still be a good generalist and already had the dragon moveset so no TM will be necessary anyways. I'm also happy that the magikarp I recently evolved had the desired moveset of waterfall & hydro pump as well.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
13/10/10 was mine but I've given up on finding a Mewtwo above 89%. 10 Mewtwo is enough and better than most people as is.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
No, they didn't. Look at any screenshot with Zapdos in it since it was released; the model used is the shiny one. Zapdos has been eternally shiny since it was added to Go. Some examples:

On Capture Screen
On Status Screen
On Announcements

So, adding its "shiny variant" should signal to them that the original is wrong... Enough about that, though, let's get down to the KANTO EVENT!

Kanto Region Event Details from the Official PokemonGO Japan website:

- April 10/11 to April 17/18
- Kanto Starters will appear more
- Snorlax and Aerodactyl return as raid Bosses
- Double Candy for Catching and Transferring Pokémon
- Bundle with Raid Passes will be in the shop.

Kanto starters to appear more... shortly after a Community Day featuring one of its starters lmaoooo something tells me they didn't really think too hard about it.

At this moment, I have to fall ill. Ah nabbit! I probably had done too many researches and fell too tired.

Anyway, I'm dumb for not reading the posts more carefully. So I'll go to my thoughts....

I still hope they add more raids... I just want to raid more Vappies as soloist in my secluded areas.
I also still have many unused passes from past sales....

Now what I concern is EX Raid + Community Event + Kanto Event. This is chaos (to me).

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
At this moment, I have to fall ill. Ah nabbit! I probably had done too many researches and fell too tired.

Anyway, I'm dumb for not reading the posts more carefully. So I'll go to my thoughts....

I still hope they add more raids... I just want to raid more Vappies as soloist in my secluded areas.
I also still have many unused passes from past sales....

Now what I concern is EX Raid + Community Event + Kanto Event. This is chaos (to me).
Community Event for Mareep only matters for Mega evolutions, and by then we might already have Zekrom. Rare Candies make Zekrom less relevant, but it might have Outrage or Draco Meteor, making Dragon Pulse still feel pointless. Maybe they will give it the Sky Attack treatment and buff it once it’s released.

I think for the Dragons they should have done the following:
Ray: Dragon Tail, Outrage
Dragonite: Dragon Breathe, Outrage
Salamence: Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw
Latios: Dragon Breathe, Dragon Claw
Latias: Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor
Mega Ampharos: Hidden Power Dragon, Outrage

It would be cool if the Community Day event allowed it to get a guaranteed HP Dragon, otherwise Ampharos would suck without a Dragon Quick Move.

Last edited:
There's something called defending. Dragon Pulse isn't good, but at least better than the 1-bar moves it has. I can think of at least having them defending less active areas for Gold Badges.

Also, can the Lati twins learn Dragon Tail? I don't remember that's possible in their learnset since beginning, I'm under impression they have even less of a "tail" than a Jolteon.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They can't learn it

Also I don't think mega will be available to defend. It doesn't make sense, the whole thing about the mega evolution is that you need both the trainer and Pokémon to sync, so without the trainer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)