Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
2 days of triple dust for grass, ground and water types

And the spawns appear to be boosted

And Ive got a crap Mewtwo, 2200, 10-11-12, at least he got me 6 candy
Think of it this way, is your Mewtwo still better than the next best thing? (Perfect Alakazam, Lati@s, Mew?)

Then you, sir, have a winner!

Get ready for more Field Research tasks in May! On May 1 at 1:00 P.M. PDT, a brand-new set of Field Research tasks focusing on Flying- & Electric-type Pokémon will become available, including skill-based tasks that will challenge your abilities as a Trainer.

Source

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I did get a shiny wailmer today, not sure whether or not I should have waited to evolve it into wailord, hopefully I can once again get enough candies before it could possibly be the next thing needed to evolve when the Celebi quest comes along.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Got another ExRaid Pass on Sunday! Starbucks of Course at 10 am!
Not too far but a trip none the less.

Please wish me luck!
I deserve it after buying so many premium passes via the box sales and as I am now legit, I am excited to do my first Mewtwo in person!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's nice to have events for Earth Day and the Kanto Event and such, but sometimes I feel like they clash a little with the research system. During the Kanto Event, I kept getting tasks like "Catch 3 Dark-type Pokémon" or "Catch 3 Treecko or Mudkip". Yeah, that's easy when only Kanto Pokémon spawn.

Now for Earth Day, I have "Catch 3 Fire-type Pokémon" twice in the Research task menu. And the last one is "Catch 3 Pidgey or Murkrow". All while only Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types seem to spawn. I know I could just delete the research tasks, but I'd like to get the rewards...

Pidgey is doable, fire types are fine with nests... but all these spawn change events are wrecking my grinding of ralts candy, and the game is getting really buggy, so far this week:

numerous restarts due to error 2 selecting a gym
cleared a gym, and the game froze zoomed in on the empty gym, then a teammate placed before me (wtf)
error 2 in a raid, wasting a premium pass... (niantic better give that back, only did that raid to do a field quest, meaning I had to do another raid, with another bought pass...)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The worst thing is probably that with the lowered spawn rates of everything but Water-, Grass-, and Ground-types, it's getting even harder to find that darn Ditto for the Special research.

Haha, gonna get two Chikorita to fill it up. By the way, is there any news about Huntail/Gorebyss? I remember the Deep Sea Tooth/Scale being found in the coding a while ago.

Expert Evan

I'm almost at a point where I don't care if I get another ex raid invite. I have one for tomorrow (April 29) and another for May 7 which are located in the same area but different gyms. While I plan to attend both and am still excited about going to these, I feel like there needs to be a change in this method, and for those that never yet got an ex raid invite I feel your pain though it's probably much worse than my going 4 months until I successfully caught Mewtwo.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Lucky you, I still have had 0 invites. I'm at a point where I just completely forgot Mewtwo. Not gonna get it, ever. That's what I think :)
Passes went out today, but don’t give up hope. Stick to the Sponsored or Park ones:
From a Facebook Comment- READ IT;

You will have the best luck raiding in a moderately popular eligible gym that is isolated from other eligible gyms since their pattern is slightly more predictable. It is also easier to get an invite outside of the city.

Find eligible gyms in parks.

Use https://www.pokemongomap.info/ and set visuals to S2 L13 to see EX areas. One gym in each L13 cell can get an invite. Also under visual, you should set "parks" to "show".

Find a gym inside a park. If it's slightly on the edge, you will want to confirm that it is "inside" the park according to Niantic's algorithm, so you need to turn visuals to S2 L17. If the center of the diamond is outside of the park, it isn't eligible. See the attached photo, the southern gym (gyms are orange) is eligible, the northeastern one on the corner is not.

Now for schedule.

(1) Gyms that are the "only" eligible gym in their cell do not get invites back to back. But, they don't get raids during the week before their raid, so it doesn't matter. If you can raid there, it might be selected that week.

(2) L13 cells that have multiple gyms tend to go 2 weeks on 1 week off if activity stays high. So if you know there were 2 invites in a row in a particular cell, you should raid in a different area to try to get an invite as it will probably not get one this week. WHICH gym gets selected is not easily predictable, so if there are multiple eligible gyms in the L13 cell that is "awake" you will need to hit all of them to so that you're on the list no matter which gym is chosen.

As long as you do this somewhere that is not frequented by cloud people, you should have a high chance of getting an invite. I would recommend joining the raids discord and raiding eligible gyms in the western half of the city, where the cloud does not tend to wander.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Double post justified:

NEWS FROM THE CEO HIMSELF
John Hanke - Sinnoh Confirmed! PVP Confirmed! Watch for more!
From PokemonGo Hub contributor, also proven by PokeTuber Reversal and you’ll see the rest.
#NotClickBait

Thing is, I don't want to follow a certain formula or play according to certain rules, only to get an EX invite. Yes, I do want one. No, I do not want to adjust my entire behavior and way of playing. I raid a lot and that alone should be enough. I just casually play every day doing a couple of raids. Wherever life takes me, that's where I'm going to raid. As I said, I don't even mind anymore.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Thing is, I don't want to follow a certain formula or play according to certain rules, only to get an EX invite. Yes, I do want one. No, I do not want to adjust my entire behavior and way of playing. I raid a lot and that alone should be enough. I just casually play every day doing a couple of raids. Wherever life takes me, that's where I'm going to raid. As I said, I don't even mind anymore.
Ya I didn’t follow that either, someone posted that on a comment I made to an ex Raid I have today when a replier asked which Starbucks.

Point is, I wouldn’t necessarily adjust where I play and follow that rule, but if I happen to frequent a certain area and can use that tool to know which ones I would have gone to anyways that are more likely then it’s better than nothing.

I don’t like to use complex tools, but for anyone that finds it helpful, why not? Say you frequent gym A, B, C and you happen to know Gym C will have the next wave of passes. May as well go to that one with your free daily pass than A or B.

EDIT:
C07DF54F-82D6-44C9-A309-7F8C5007BA25.jpeg
Mewtwo done!!

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Today's ex raid was fun, we had over 20 ready to raid at hatch so we split into groups by teams. Since the Mewtwo we were raiding knew Focus Blast, I was ready to lead with my semi-leveled up mewtwo, 2 fully powered rayquazas and rounded out with dragonites as 12 of us Mystic players took it down within 80 seconds as I was still on my 4th pokemon. Catching Mewtwo was anti-climactic since I caught it on first throw with a curveball excellent. Now to look forward to the next ex raid on May 7 so my current Mewtwo inventory has 6 of them none of which I released during the double candy cleanup in case trading were ever to become available. We had a few that were doing an ex raid for the first time ever so it was nevertheless exciting to see and the thrill when they caught it for first time ever reminiscent of when I got mine back in January.

Fluke I recommend raiding each week at popular ex raid gyms especially the ones that yield invites frequently. My next ex raid will be at a gym that 4 of us successfully raided Latios recently.

3rd mewtwo caught, this one an 82% boosted one.

although it it is easier when there is one gym giving out passes to at least get a pass... it probably isn't difficult t get one every week in some places with multiples, I know the city I will be in had 4 this week and 1 next week, so just do raids on them one week, and do the other the next week.

In the end, I made so much dusts, I didn't count it anymore, while finally having nearly leveled up my Tyrannitars to maximum (alas, candy....) and some more. Ah well, I still regret that I had many things to deal with, I wish I could spend even more time on lure centres and use every Star Pieces I have.
The multitude of spawning Pokemon with low candy requirement to evolve also makes it easy to stock candies and do more frequent Evolve session.

Also, this time a 14-flat Mewtwo joins my rank. This is the highest yet, only lacking 1 IV point in each stats. But what mattered more to me was the golden berries I need to feed my defenders in another small town I came and left few days ago and ward off spoofers. And also rare candies I may use to fund my other legendaries like maxing Raikou for possible future Vappy raid (hopefully during Regirock raid time).

With rumours on future overhaul, I hope Latias will have a place in the future meta I have been catching a lot and as of now her use is only for potion efficient attacker (itself is horribly inadvisable in spending resources on), Dragon-type quest fodder, and a great defender that can't defend by default. Sad, since I love her, and had been seeking more of her....

Also, I run out of Fire-types now. Flareon quest is not easy to find, but not that rare either. I don't know what I should use, other than hoping for Achamo / Torchick? to catch or hatch, stocking up Charmander soon, or using up my Houndour? candies and Houndour quests (Gym battle 1x).
Still, the research feature had been such an addictive success, I couldn't stop completing quests like a fantasy mercenary.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)