Pokémon GO

Along with Pikachu and Exeggcute, I noticed an increase in Slugma spawns, of all things... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got my first Sinnoh Stone today. Evolved my 14-15-14 Togetic into Togekiss, and he ended up with Hidden Power Psychic, which seems worse than Air Slash for the purpose of countering Machamp. Oh well.

Oh, and as far as Excellent Throws go, Tentacool is a good one to try. And in North America, Tauros is still the best.

I've personally found round pokemon easier to get greats and excellents on. Maybe its the outline of the pokemon adding to the illusion of a ring target? Thank goodness this didn't get released during Halloween, though. I'm terrible at targeted throws on ghosts.

I've personally found round pokemon easier to get greats and excellents on. Maybe its the outline of the pokemon adding to the illusion of a ring target? Thank goodness this didn't get released during Halloween, though. I'm terrible at targeted throws on ghosts.
Shuppet............. :blobglare:

Yeah there's an evolve 5 Gulpin/Slugma quest later on. Wonder if it can be a combination of both.
EDIT: thinking about it, I assume you're talking about Meltan quest. Sorry about it.
Although, how long is the quest? 8 stages like standard mythical? I haven't seen this ever since I want to reduce spoilers.

Last edited:
EDIT: thinking about it, I assume you're talking about Meltan quest. Sorry about it.
Although, how long is the quest? 8 stages like standard mythical? I haven't seen this ever since I want to reduce spoilers.
Yep it's 8 after which you get Meltan, and then an additional 9th one that you just collect without doing anything.

I wish I'd known about the Excellent Throw quest reward being Ditto, I would've spent more time spinning Poke Stops in the city while I was there on Saturday. Now I may have to wait until Friday...

Last edited:
I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't gotten anything useful from a 10km egg in a while, my latest hatch being a Chingling.

By the way, is there a(n updated) list of Pokemon that Ditto will disguise itself as? Just so I know what to prioritize when walking through a bunch of Pokemon.

Hatched a 100% Misdreavus, too bad Mismagius isn't great. Also been getting a lot of the "Evolve two Anorith" quest that I'm trying to save for the eventual Scyther one.

Good news, Cresselia is one of my most faved legendary, and I just need to modify a bit my raid team.
Bad news, she's even worse than Latias and arguably even the Regis. I don't know if I still want to raid now. they seriously have to reconsider their gym defender policy.

At least Vees come later. I want to try the same team with raid Espeon.

I can imagine we all respond to the announcement with flat joy....

Last edited:
Next Community Weekend: Everything we had so far!

From November 30 to December 2.

Increased spawns of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Dratini, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Mareep, Larvitar, and Beldum!

All their special moves will also be available.

On December 1st, for 3 hours, we also get a Special Bonus:
  • Double Catch XP
  • Double Catch Stardust
  • Double Incubator effectiveness
Neat!

I'll set my eyes on Larvitar only for candies to up my Dark sets (I already has a lot of Rock sets, but no candy) and Eevees to actually catch....
Well, this also means I can evolve the leftover Squirtles....

Pokemon storage capacity has been upped to 2,000.

That'll be the third Beldum Day in 2 months. Wonder how they'll manage the servers this time with issues the past two CDs here. I'll probably prioritize Eevee for the eventual Eeveelutions as well as Larvitar.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was expecting Palkia or Dialga based on the 3rd gen pattern, but Cresselia? I wonder. Cresselia is much harder to catch as I'm currently 4 for 8 with it. I almost had a perfect record catching Giratina if it weren't for technical issues when raid time ended and wouldn't let me catch it upon returning to the gym back to normal.

Pokemon storage capacity has been upped to 2,000.

That'll be the third Beldum Day in 2 months. Wonder how they'll manage the servers this time with issues the past two CDs here. I'll probably prioritize Eevee for the eventual Eeveelutions as well as Larvitar.
I'll be surprised if we manage it smoothly this time. No, my perfect Ponyta and Spinda say we will crash again. Unless the starters dilute the spawns heavily.

I feel like the only way this can happen is if they saturate the maps with spawns. But wouldn't that overload the servers? I'm no tech person so I have no idea, btw. Otherwise it really wouldn't be a CD, per se.

I was expecting Palkia or Dialga based on the 3rd gen pattern, but Cresselia? I wonder. Cresselia is much harder to catch as I'm currently 4 for 8 with it. I almost had a perfect record catching Giratina if it weren't for technical issues when raid time ended and wouldn't let me catch it upon returning to the gym back to normal.
Somehow, I caught my first Cresselia on the first throw, with only a "Nice" throw, after mistakenly feeding it a Pinap berry...

I guess RNJesus was with me that day.

I only caught one Giratina in three attempts. It had been a while since I failed to catch a legendary.

The Aerodactyl quest reward I got today turned out to be shiny, but I'm still trying to get a Ditto. It's not getting any easier with it getting snowy, either.

I'm super pissed that this was just announced after I evolved my 15/15/15 Charmeleon after holding out for month. So, so frustrating. Why the hell doesn't Niantic make a Legacy TM? There's no longer an argument for "It devalues the work of people who came out on community day". Blah. Salty.

I'm super pissed that this was just announced after I evolved my 15/15/15 Charmeleon after holding out for month. So, so frustrating. Why the hell doesn't Niantic make a Legacy TM? There's no longer an argument for "It devalues the work of people who came out on community day". Blah. Salty.
It devalues the work of those who got Shadow Ball Mewtwo via EX Raid.

It devalues the work of those who got Shadow Ball Mewtwo via EX Raid.
Hahaha, I'm not sure you're trying to one-up me for fun or for real (I'll just stick with "for fun") but I feel like the game is still unfair in that sense- I've been living in a Scottish community for awhile and according to them, they never had an EX Raid gym despite raiding actively at all available gyms in the town. So how does Niantic explain to these people that they'll never have access to this feature instead of making it available to everyone?

Just throwing in an edit to say: if we want to avoid "devaluing" people's "work" we could instead restrict it to a "Community Day TM", which I think solves the problem nicely by only switching it for particular moves on particular Pokemon.

I have to agree that I dislike legacy moveset too. I know there are many people who missed S Ball M2, and while I got few, I'd rather everyone can have chance to get legacy sets in future, while improving quality of raid goers. This will also lessen FoEM, which causes me to be too paranoid to enjoy the game.

Admittedly exclusive content is one old tactics in mobile game marketing....

Hahaha, I'm not sure you're trying to one-up me for fun or for real (I'll just stick with "for fun") but I feel like the game is still unfair in that sense- I've been living in a Scottish community for awhile and according to them, they never had an EX Raid gym despite raiding actively at all available gyms in the town. So how does Niantic explain to these people that they'll never have access to this feature instead of making it available to everyone?

Just throwing in an edit to say: if we want to avoid "devaluing" people's "work" we could instead restrict it to a "Community Day TM", which I think solves the problem nicely by only switching it for particular moves on particular Pokemon.
Eh, I'm kind of serious about it tbh, even though I never got to participate in an EX raid before since I live in the countryside with a small Pokemon Go community and very few gyms, none of which are EX in my experience. I eventually got an invitation to one before Mewtwo exited EX raids but it was on a workday in the afternoon at a gym that's 1.5 hours away from me that I'd only been to a handful of times.

I see why people think it's unfair, but it's also unfair to those who actually bothered to get those movesets if they make it widely available. Maybe they can make it available in a distant future (say, six months?) after it gets discontinued so players who got those movesets can use them to their advantage for a while first. In Niantic's defense, this is their way of making previous CD moves available to those who may have recently started Go, or missed out on previous CDs due to one reason or another. It's unlucky that you chose to evolve your Charmander just before this, but you're probably not the only one.

Just adding to this: Hokkaido was hit by a huge earthquake on September 6th, just before Moltres Day. Niantic cancelled Moltres Day for just Hokkaido that weekend and never provided a make-up day. But y'know, such is life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)