Pokémon GO

Yeah, first of all, I don't fully believe the CP thing that people calculated for gen 2, since they were a kind of preview without much info. Thinking about the potentials only, not the numbers we got, I can think of Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Scizor, Houndoom, Blissey, Steelix, Lanturn, Azumarill, Politoed, Quagsire, Schuckle should be a ridiculous tank to defend gyms, Heracross with Mega Horn will get the best of Exeggs, Kingdra should be nice as well. I see a lot of potential in gen 2.

Politoad was calculated at worse then wrath
and besides, people know the CP calculations so can get the stats and work them out.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Best thing about Gen 2 is that Zubats will finally be a useful Pokemon to find. Gotta get Crobat.

The Pokemon that stand out to me the most:
  • Tyranitar. Even higher stats than Dragonite. It may also serve as the first true Snorlax counter (resists all of its moves sans the inferior Earthquake) and fair well against Lapras (provided Ttar has a Rock-type move; fortunately Lapras lacks Water-type moves)
  • Ampharos. Finally a viable Electric-type, and great stats to boast too. Will be easier punishing the omnipresent Vaporeon
  • Blissey. May actually have enough CP to be viable unlike Chansey and be a pain-in-the butt when fighting gyms. Don't let it's max CP of 1235 fool you when it's base stamina (510) almost doubles Vaporeon's (260).
  • Scizor. Likely to be the first useable Bug-type and Steel-type for CP purposes. Its typing is excellent against Exeggutor and Scizor.
  • Kingdra, Ursaring, Porygon2, Feraligator and Slowking will likely also be successful on account of their high CP.

it's the same as not being able to see pokemon on sightings when travelling above a certain speed, but it's totally made up for now that pokestops give twice as many items as they used to. minimum of 6 :)

its ONE Pokestop not all of them.. i got 7 items.. and only 2 were balls, missing out on these extra ones means I can reach my 10 spin bonus on the way to work now for example, which nullifies the bonus.
and every other one was giving 3.. trying to restock pokeballs is still BS.

Somehow, every stop gives me 6 minimum. I managed to better my supply very quickly and ended up with stable Potions and overflowing better balls. Nice, although I suspect this is an error. I was about to see some sites regarding this matter.

Also, I recall only slightly, Politoad will be worse. Considering the current meta with these pesky trees roaming about as well and possibility that it learns other moves like Psychic to punish the common Grass/Poison, I'd say that's nice thing. Although indeed Ice Punch's spammability may be better than possible Ice Beam.
And Politoad looks cuter than this gloved toad.

EDIT: Time to party!! Although... sadly for short....
At least this is time to keep resupplying and better supply quality. I might want to try hunting 'vees now... despite deadlined artworks... ugh....

Last edited:
I was hoping the pokestop change was to help ppl whose main source of items is now skewered with the speed limit, but it seems i'm gonna have to go on a restocking spree in the next few days.

the thing with toad is, Poliwrath is just so good, what can toad do?
and MORE wild pokemon... (or as it is usually is.. weedle/rattata/Pidgey) this is just what I need when there are already too many (mainly useless) spawns.
More Ultraballs.. yea right... I'll believe that when I see it.. it will just be standard potions :P

I am more excited for Ampheros because its a bulky Electric, with high CP, meaning it can go toe to toe with Lapras, and clear out most gyms.. and then sit there. given the only proper counters to Lapras are Machamp (lol machops are stupidly rare) and Magneton (has meh moves) this is what the game needs
and Ttar is gen 2 dragonite so, hopefully larvitar comes to me quick.
oh and Niantic... please change the eggs to diversify the game a little, fed up of hatching common as hell water types, and not hatching fighting types etc..
slowking is as toad.. lower CP...
and as for poliwrath... no one uses Psychic or flying types anyway, they use grass because the other 2 types have nothing of note (except hypno)

Last edited:
Again, though, we are yet to see it in action much like upcoming Sun/Moon with promising meta changes. For all I know, Politoad may have good moves or even no bad moveset at all (while I'm still afraid of pulling trigger on next Poliwrath). And I happen to still keep a lot of Golbat to throw at it, and maybe Espeon will also be a common attacker despite (sadly) not that good.
The meta may be different than predicted before. Too early to say anything.

Also, Slowking has exactly same predicted CP as Slowbro. Isn't their stats just swapped like Gardevoir and Gallade?

Oh, and no mention on Kingdra? He doesn't fear most defensive pesky dragons. Yeah, the meta may change greatly with the new generation.

EDIT: Pulled the trigger anyway. Unsurprisingly, Mud Shot again. At least decent against Laplace, but that's it.

Last edited:

breh

強いだね
machop is actually getting kind of commonish around me but I'm too lazy to go get it half the time :(

got the 200 fire badge after catching something to the effect of 20 growlithe in a row

In a few weeks I'm visiting LA for a few days. Even though it's for work I just have to go and catch some Kangaskhan. Pretty good (and perhaps only) opportunity for someone who lives in Europe. So yeah, I'm planning to play some PoGo there. However, I'm very scared when it comes down to playing this game in other countries, let alone another continent. As in, will I get banned? Will they mistake me for a spoofer? I've seen and heard it many times already, and on the one hand I don't want to risk it. On the other hand, it's ridiculous that there's even a chance for legit players to get punished for doing nothing wrong. I just have to get my hands on a few Kangaskhan... Not to mention the extreme diversity of all the other possible encounters.

Wat do?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it's LA as in Los Angeles, you will find Tauros, not Kangaskhan

There is no way they ban you for that, it's a punctual change, not like you were overtravelling for a while

Also please put a Mr Mime in every gym you meet :D

If it's LA as in Los Angeles, you will find Tauros, not Kangaskhan

There is no way they ban you for that, it's a punctual change, not like you were overtravelling for a while

Also please put a Mr Mime in every gym you meet :D
Oh yeah, oops. Well, I guess I'm just going to do it if I get the chance. Fingers crossed.

Crobat will always be handy, only reason I kept all these useless Golbats.
i'm still waiting for future Gens... Slacking and Wailord will be fun :D

I see no problems with playing in another country, except for the data costs.
getting rather fed up. once again gyms have changed hands, and then back again, which means leveling up gyms to put things in.. and as usual Lapras Snorlax and Exeggutor.... super. how the hell am I supposed to level that up.. the Exeggutor is at the top.. otherwise it would be easier.

I'm really hoping they revamp the battle mechanics, and put a speed status, ie: fast Pokémon can put off more attacks/charge faster. This way, good Mon like Alakazam, Raichu, Jolteon, Gengar and Crobat become better at battling.

messing with that would mess with CP as well.

865 CP Growilthe I caught last night has 73% IV :(... but, using a calculator, evolved it will have 1998 CP
not enough candies, due to rarity of the thing, but... wow... I do already have a 1607 cp one from egg hatched Growlithe + buddy candy.
80% tentacool, near my house, caught, and even though waters are common, these are still rare, poison jab+Hydro pump.. best moveset, 767 CP though.. needs some leveling, but should have enough candy for that.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. A 98% Mon would still be 98%, atk, def and hp would stay the same, just a base speed would be added. That's what they did in the main games from gen I to II, when they splitted the special Stat in two.

I'm really hoping they revamp the battle mechanics, and put a speed status, ie: fast Pokémon can put off more attacks/charge faster. This way, good Mon like Alakazam, Raichu, Jolteon, Gengar and Crobat become better at battling.
I totally agree. I feel like that's what missing. Now Pokemon with the highest overall stats have the highest CP. Hence Pokemon such as Gengar and Alakazam are trash :(

Starmie as well...
oh and went out and about... in teh rain.. and STILL running out of pokeballs due to one raindrop making balls go all over the place, drop, not throw far enough..... honestly irritating, and because where all the main pokestops are, now spawns 10+ pokemon in such a small area, you cant even collect and loop around after all of them are caught, because more spawn.
does give me an idea though, after I walked past the clefairy nest where they do sometimes spawn across from it.. and found 3 of them (all high CP with only pokeballs... cheers for that) I did locate a Pinsir nest, within reach of public transport that looked sort of patchy (several throughout the day) which might be now worth a visit due to the increased spawns spamming nest stuff in nest areas. also located a Growlithe and exeggcute nest near the city i could walk to, that were not reliable before.
and Ninatic mechanics would take attack and split it into 2 stats, therefore changing the calculation for CP
ok so before the event.. 3 pokemon spawn in the same place... during this one... its 7
is they what Santa Monica feels like?
but even on double items 7 spawns is too much, 3 spawns near 2 pokestops is manageable on old items as there are a few other spawns, also nearby, on double items, you got that 7.. plus another 4 or 5, so where I would see 5 or 6 pokemon there is now 12+ and given I caught 3 in spawns in areas where NOTHING spawned before, near 2 pokestops I would collect and sometimes find 1 spawn... there was 3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)