Pokémon GO

Assuming you guys are throwing Rock types, 4 should be decent at handling Moltres even without full optimized stuff. It's weaker than a normal T5 is for the special appearance, and it has a lot of common weaknesses, one a double weakness, to types that often see Weather Boosts. I've done a 4 man Mewtwo with a bunch of ~35 players throwing glass cannons like Gengars or random Crunch Ttars, so Moltres, who's all around weaker and has more type advantages to exploit should be fairly simple to build for.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
New information regarding Lucky Pokémon:

Starting now, if you trade a Pokémon that has spent time in a Trainer’s Pokémon storage since July 2016 to August 2016, it is guaranteed to become Lucky. However, there is an exception to this if you or the person you're trading with has had more than 10 Lucky Pokémon. There is no guarantee in that situation.

Moreover, the new IV floor of Lucky Pokémon is 12/12/12. Meaning, the minimum IV you can obtain is 80%, and the chances of rolling 15/15/15 is just 1/64. Pretty big boon overall!

This is not an event, and is a universal mechanic change (meaning, this applies to all Lucky Pokémon and people who have yet to reach the 10 Lucky cap) for now.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure whether I'll have any time to participate in the Moltres raid though am set with the strong rock types that should essentially handle it though have not even evolved any alolan geodudes yet, maybe if one is lucky I would.

Now that my Celebi quest is done am going to focus more on stardust at least.

I'm rather confused about the wording for the Lucky Pokemon news. While I'd be encouraged by guaranteed lucky involving pokemon originally caught in July/August 2016 which I actually still have at least 7 of them around, not useful these days but don't mind trading at least, I already have over 10 lucky pokemon and wonder whether or not making any trades involving these oldest pokemon would still work or not.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
The wording is indeed confusing (and they rectified the blog post to say otherwise). They will not be guaranteed if you or the person you're trading with has more than 10 Lucky Pokémon - the chance falls BUT it's still pretty high because they're very old Pokémon, but not guaranteed.

Hokkaido got hit by earthquake. Pretty large, with quite damages and possibly (hopefully not) any fatalities.
Moltres Raid Day and Ultra Reward may be delayed this way. Nintendo already delayed their Nintendo Direct. Kindly be considerate if they do delay it.

Seriously though, what's wrong with the nature right now?

Hokkaido got hit by earthquake. Pretty large, with quite damages and possibly (hopefully not) any fatalities.
Moltres Raid Day and Ultra Reward may be delayed this way. Nintendo already delayed their Nintendo Direct. Kindly be considerate if they do delay it.

Seriously though, what's wrong with the nature right now?
Yep, we got hit by a typhoon on Wednesday and then a major plus a minor earthquake on Thursday that knocked out electricity for a good 16 hours in my area. Some parts of Hokkaido got power back earlier but there are still some without any power yet. There have been two fatalities the last time I saw. There's also a fear that the main shock is still to come (similar to the one that led to the 2011 Tsunami and 2016 Kumamoto earthquake).

I'm guessing Moltres Day will be delayed by at least a week similar to what they did with Squirtle Community Day and Articuno Day. Maybe they do it on the same day as Chikorita Community Day but at different times?

Yep, we got hit by a typhoon on Wednesday and then a major plus a minor earthquake on Thursday that knocked out electricity for a good 16 hours in my area. Some parts of Hokkaido got power back earlier but there are still some without any power yet. There have been two fatalities the last time I saw. There's also a fear that the main shock is still to come (similar to the one that led to the 2011 Tsunami and 2016 Kumamoto earthquake).

I'm guessing Moltres Day will be delayed by at least a week similar to what they did with Squirtle Community Day and Articuno Day. Maybe they do it on the same day as Chikorita Community Day but at different times?
With the extent of damage and fear of possible further shock, yeah... better delay it than risk hells to come. No one is going to meet Giratina by losing their life while carelessly outside or even playing Pokemon GO under such situation. I just hope this will end though....
I'm sorry to hear all of this happened....

(well, that might mean I can get a resting time this weekend instead of hunting that birb like a zombie)

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader

This image hopefully clears up the new Lucky Pokémon news that Niantic edited around 4 times to (not) clarify.

Moltres Day and EX Raids next Monday have been canceled for Hokkaido. They’ll go on as usual for the rest of Japan.

Seeing a lot of complaints from people living in Hokkaido about why it was postponed last time for the entire country for the Kansai rain but it’s canceled only for Hokkaido this time around. I kinda understand the frustration but I couldn’t care less if I have to miss out on a few Moltres.

Anyway, some mobile networks went down for a good 10-12 hours today, and more than half the island has electricity back, though the main power plant that supplies the majority of the power is still down and it’ll take a week to fix. Fatalities are in the double digits and there have been over 100 aftershocks since the big one.

EDIT: they’re planning to compensate Hokkaido players with some other event. Could just be postponing Moltres/EX Raid, but the wording is ambiguous.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

This image hopefully clears up the new Lucky Pokémon news that Niantic edited around 4 times to (not) clarify.
Looks like I'll be holding on to my july/august 2016 stuff a lot longer as I don't want to risk it not being lucky with what I get in return. Am not sure I'll get to any moltres raids today depending.

Edit: did 6 moltres raids (5 free raid passes plus yesterday's) best was 1841 with perfect attack but no shiny. Oh well.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
2 shinies, nothing above 84%. Pretty mediocre but I got a Moltres Trade lined up with someone who doesn't have Luckies yet so hopefully that works.

Onto 7/8! I was lucky that I went out early on Thursday while my phone still had battery and early on Friday before the phone signals were completely down from the earthquake to keep my 7 day PokeStop visit streak alive. In any case, 40 grass or psychic type Pokemon will prove to be a pain, and I'm not sure if the curve excellent will be any better.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
https://pokemongolive.com/post/globalchallenge-ultrabonus

Professor Willow’s Global Research Challenge Ends with a Power-Packed Ultra Bonus Event!

Important bits:

From September 13th until 20th:
will reappear in Raid Battles.
Shiny forms are included too!

On September 20 at 1:00 P.M. (PDT), until October 23rd:
will come to Raid Battles for the first time ever!

Finally, there is one more special surprise:
will be joining the Alolan Pokémon in 7KM Eggs through the end of September!

Kanto Pokémon will spawn more in the wild and in Raid Battles throughout September.

Miscellaneous Notes:

- Presumably, the Legendary Birds will not have their event exclusive moves of Hurricane, Thunder Shock, and Sky Attack respectively given the lack of announcement. Consequently, Psystrike (which is in the game's code) is likely not given to Mewtwo yet.

- We do not know if Ex Raids will cease to happen (for the time being) or if Mewtwo will be replaced by another boss (such as Deoxys).

- Regirock was tweeted yesterday to stay as a Raid Boss until September 20th, which is when the birds leave. It is not known if it will join them, or if it will leave when the Ultra Bonus Event begins.

Just to add to the above: according to the Japanese site, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, and Tauros will show up in 7km eggs starting Friday, September 14th morning Japan time, which is probably September 13th 1am PDT.

最後にもうひとつ、特別なサプライズがあります。9月14日(金)早朝から9月30日(日)までの間に手に入れた フレンドからのギフトで手に入る「7kmタマゴ」から、アローラのすがたのポケモンに加え、カモネギ・ガルーラ・バリヤード・ケンタロスがかえるようになります! いずれも一部の地域でしか見つからなかったポケモンですので、この機会にフレンドとギフトを贈りあってカントー地方のポケモン図鑑を完成させましょう!
Which means I'm gonna walk all my eggs by Thursday night so I can open presents and walk new 7km on Friday morning. I'm guessing eggs aren't finalised until you open the presents.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Kanto Pokémon will spawn more in the wild and in Raid Battles throughout September.
Oh, come on, haven't everybody got a full Kanto dex by now? Kanto 'mons already seem to be proportionally much, much more common than those from Johto or Hoenn, and they had their own theme month less than half a year ago. Can't we please get on to Gen IV already, Niantic?

Caught my 4th ever 100% Pokemon this morning from a research task reward: a Roselia. While Roserade doesn't look to be all that strong whenever Gen IV is released, I'm quite happy with it.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, come on, haven't everybody got a full Kanto dex by now? Kanto 'mons already seem to be proportionally much, much more common than those from Johto or Hoenn, and they had their own theme month less than half a year ago. Can't we please get on to Gen IV already, Niantic?
I'm happy at least for my luckydex, it wasn't a goal yet last Kanto event.

Also remember when they added every gen 1 shinies in the game code? Well, I feel like it is time.

PokéStop nomination coming soon

PokéStop Nomination Beta Comes to Brazil and South Korea!

Trainers,
Coming soon, we’ll be rolling out the first beta test of the new PokéStop nomination system! This will be the first time that Trainers will be able to submit locations in Pokémon GO. Submissions will be evaluated for future inclusion in the game.
This feature will initially be limited to level 40 Trainers (child accounts excluded) in Brazil and South Korea.
Trainers who meet these initial requirements will be able to nominate potential PokéStops by submitting photographs and descriptions of the locations. Submissions will be reviewed by experienced users in the Ingress Operation Portal Recon (OPR) project.
You can find rules and guidelines on how to submit a PokéStop in our Help Center. Stay tuned for more news as this program expands to other countries, and please accept our thanks for working to make Pokémon GO an even better experience!

—The Pokémon GO team

Expert Evan

Looks like I'll be back to doing 7k eggs again if it means getting a regional I don't yet already have namely Kangaskhan & Mr. Mime as I already got Farfetch'd during the Thanksgiving event and Tauros is native to my region. While I already have 12 mewtwos from ex raids, my best is only an 82% with perfect attack so I'm excited about not going out of my way to ex raid locations for now if ever again. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a lucky perfect Mewtwo which I already know someone personally that has accomplished that yet I'm rather jealous of now.

lol, I got my first Chimecho today. Was it in the game all along? Or was it just recently added? Encountered it in the wild.

Reposting this for research purposes. My friend code is 8880 3012 7532, username PunkQuixote. I'm a weekly/semiweekly player who usually doesn't have many gifts to give out.

lol, I got my first Chimecho today. Was it in the game all along? Or was it just recently added? Encountered it in the wild.
It's been in the game for a while, I hatched mine in March this year and seen it on my radar once or twice, though I've never been close enough to actually catch it.

Got my curved excellent on a Sentret today, only 23 more grass/psychic types to go, which I'll hopefully complete this (long) weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)