Pokémon GO

I rethink... Regice is better, because that means they don't waste their time to move on to Gen3 (and sooner or later we will get Regis anyway), since Gen4 has a lot of legendaries. This only makes them waste their time and needlessly lag themselves further.

There are also those who may have missed them out, but sucks to be them if their breakthrough never gives what they lack. 6 legendaries vs 5 breakthrough if lucky, chances that Arceus/Willow/whoever in charge of sending breakthrough/RNG screws your Dex's blank slot.

I rethink... Regice is better, because that means they don't waste their time to move on to Gen3 (and sooner or later we will get Regis anyway), since Gen4 has a lot of legendaries. This only makes them waste their time and needlessly lag themselves further.

There are also those who may have missed them out, but sucks to be them if their breakthrough never gives what they lack. 6 legendaries vs 5 breakthrough if lucky, chances that Arceus/Willow/whoever in charge of sending breakthrough/RNG screws your Dex's blank slot.
Can confirm it sucks as someone who lacks just Kyogre out of all the legendaries thus far.

I tested Adventure Sync with battery saver mode off and Go not running in the background on my way home, and, well, the results were similar. I walked 1.3km to have 0.2km registered, then when I got home, it took another hour or so before registering the rest of the distance to hatch my egg.

Something coming soon? Official account just tweeted this.

Last edited:
Somewhat disappointed in the event. Fewer total spawns than usual CD, though I guess they might not want to overload their servers. On the bright side I got my 10 raids, now I just need 4 more Exeggcute to proceed.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I got a few new shinies so far: Bulbasaur & Pikachu, am hoping to get more candies soon for beldum so I can evolve and power up a few including another shiny, might as well start using my overabundance of rare candies even though I have maximum of up to 2000 items I constantly run out of space and therefore usually first to go are revives and potions since I have plenty of gold gyms around me.

So far as Friendships, I've only accepted gifts lately of those that are not yet Best Friends nor have a halo for the day, but that's temporarily changing for this weekend event as I needs as much pinap berries especially for the beldum & larvitar candies I may need along the way. I've also been more frequently putting the likes of Metagross, Tyranitar & even Meltan in gyms so when I give them berries I have a chance of receiving more candies from them.

I'm hoping they make Community Day the full 24 hours of a day in the future with spawn rates similar to this weekend. The bonus time slot can still be from noon to 3pm, but it makes things less hectic.

Overall, I have to say really enjoyed this event. It was indeed less hectic to hunt for things over a longer period, than just cramming as much catching/walking/evolving as possible in 3 hours. I hope they do that more.

I finally found a usable Beldum above 80%, and I evolved my other ones to be able to trade-swap them for other MM Metagross, in the hopes of getting one with great IVs. I was also able to fully power my 100% Dragonite, got a few extra Tyranitar and Venusaur, and evolved a 96% Charizard.

Still didn't find the two shinies that I was missing, Bulbasaur and Beldum...

Overall, I have to say really enjoyed this event. It was indeed less hectic to hunt for things over a longer period, than just cramming as much catching/walking/evolving as possible in 3 hours. I hope they do that more.

I finally found a usable Beldum above 80%, and I evolved my other ones to be able to trade-swap them for other MM Metagross, in the hopes of getting one with great IVs. I was also able to fully power my 100% Dragonite, got a few extra Tyranitar and Venusaur, and evolved a 96% Charizard.

Still didn't find the two shinies that I was missing, Bulbasaur and Beldum...
unfortunately, same. i really wanted the shiny beldum. i did find a 15/15/3 beldum tho (lmao)

I hate how Exeggcute only appear way before I head to work or way after I get home at the nearest Poke Stop. At least I got the hatch an egg task that will give me one today.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PvP according to Serebii:

3 Pokémon vs 3, tap focused battle
You can activate two shields per match (protects from a charged move)
You can unlock a second charged move with dust and candies
3 leagues with 3 cp cap: 1500, 2500, >9000
Sinnoh stones in the poll of rewards

I appreciate they set the "CP caps" for leagues: that way you can actually hoard on your lower IVd mons and not feel they have absolutely no use other than being thrown in random abandoned Gyms for free money.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ditto and Shedinja banned.

No one cares about Shedinja, but Ditto's one is terrible: you have no reason to not used underleveled Pokémon in lower tiers.

For example Mewtwo ShadowBall/FocusBlast at lvl 40 can dominate the no limit.

Well, at level 20ish, it can dominate the CP 2500 as well. Ditto would have made those Pokémon plain bad (copy to get lvl 40 Mewtwo) and would have forced some diversity among the leagues...

Rip

I would be surprised if they allow the various raid Legendaries though... it would *even more* punish anyone not living in big towns or places where you can actually partecipate to raids.

Replace Mewtwo with Metagross
Even when going against even CPs? Okay the "limitless" category obviously will be dominated by mons that can reach particularly high CPs, but the ones where there's limit I don't see how simply having perfect coverage would save any mon from dieing to supereffective opposer hits...

IGN reports that:

"You can go to any Pokemon and spend additional Stardust and Candy to permanently add a second Charge Move, though Niantic couldn’t specify the final costs just yet.
After you have a second Charge Move unlocked, when you use a Charge TM in the future, you’ll simply decide which of the two moves you want to replace rather than one automatically being picked. The second Charge Move will be available in all battle scenarios, including Raids and Gyms in addition to Trainer Battles."

Now, does this mean they can add more movepool? I'm curious, and hoping that answer is yes because some mon are already in awkward position.

Vees are 1 Dimensional, and Birds and Beasts are in even worse position since they're legendaries and the Regis don't share their problem. Some are cursed by trash moves (regular 'gross, Deoxys' so-called Psycho Boost, etc.). I'm hoping that they'll give more moves, even if that probably means more TM costs for desirable sets.

Moves will play VERY important roles in CP restricted battles. Yep, sucks to be those who doesn't have powerful exclusive moves.

Two Charge Moves is a fun change to the battle dynamics. With access to coverage on top of their main attack, a Pokemon can now at least attempt to counter it's counters.

For example, Mewtwo will be able to have Shadow Ball as its main attack, and Focus Blast to deal with Normal and Dark 'mons. Machamp can also have Heavy Slam to counter Fairies, Groudon with Earthquake and Solar Beam/Fire Blast, etc.

Fun thing too, Mewtwo will be able to wield the fabled BoltBeam, which hits everything currently in the game, outside of the Magnemite-line, for at least neutral damage.

Now, I'm curious how that will translate to Gym Defenders. Will defenders have access to those 2 moves? How will the AI pick?

I just realised... with restriction based on CP, since HP and Def contribute less to CP, does this mean HP dominates the meta and... *shivers* Blissey ruins the meta yet again? It's TDO is still very large compared to most other things and it may as well the downplayed "Funbro" in that people will hate having to face this and waste time and require Machamp again and... you know where this is going to.

I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)