Pokémon GO

When you transfer any Pokemon from GO to Home, you get a mystery box; which summons Meltan for an hour.
In terms of problems this is pretty low (meltan cant evolve outside of Go anyway and Home is the one that will handle my living dex) but I do like the ability to take pokemon in & out of Home. Living dexes all over the place, you see.

So Meltan having the same restrictions as any other Pokemon, that being they can't be transferred out of Home unless you already have them in SWSH, would be...obnoxious.

In terms of problems this is pretty low (meltan cant evolve outside of Go anyway and Home is the one that will handle my living dex) but I do like the ability to take pokemon in & out of Home. Living dexes all over the place, you see.

So Meltan having the same restrictions as any other Pokemon, that being they can't be transferred out of Home unless you already have them in SWSH, would be...obnoxious.
So you pretty much need Let's Go to get Meltan into your Sword or Shield save file, then. Though for anyone with access to Let's Go already, there is no reason whatsoever to use the Home transfer for any of the non-Galarian form Gen I Pokemon(outside of Mew who is blocked) and Meltan/Melmetal because the Go Park doesn't have any of the restrictions on how many you can send over a period of time, you can manipulate what natures they have, and you can give them access to various Let's Go exclusive TM moves like Toxic, Teleport, and Seismic Toss.

So you pretty much need Let's Go to get Meltan into your Sword or Shield save file, then. Though for anyone with access to Let's Go already, there is no reason whatsoever to use the Home transfer for any of the non-Galarian form Gen I Pokemon(outside of Mew who is blocked) and Meltan/Melmetal because the Go Park doesn't have any of the restrictions on how many you can send over a period of time, you can manipulate what natures they have, and you can give them access to various Let's Go exclusive TM moves like Toxic, Teleport, and Seismic Toss.
The whole restriction is dumb and arbitrary to begin with but Meltan brings this to a comical level.
Guess its a good thing its not actually in any of the pokedexes so it will just passively bug me instead of actively bugging me.

Ah well at least I have a Meltan & Melmetal. And also the original color magearna, how lovely.

Incidentally I went for a walk and was amused that outside of a single patrat I ran into nothing, instead my house is just situated on a pokemon hotbed. Also good thing I'm not getting into Go for real because there is one (1) pokestop in my area and its a car drive away any time i'd want ot mess with it.

e: Well turns out you can, in fact, transfer over Meltans without needing to have owned one before. So now a cute little level 3 meltan will be hanging out in Sword for a while.

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So you pretty much need Let's Go to get Meltan into your Sword or Shield save file, then. Though for anyone with access to Let's Go already, there is no reason whatsoever to use the Home transfer for any of the non-Galarian form Gen I Pokemon(outside of Mew who is blocked).
this isn't true fyi. I don't own Let's Go and I could transfer a Meltan I caught in Go to Sword just fine.

Pokémon Home event announced.

Rundown
  • November 17th, 8am to November 23rd, 10pm local time
  • Increased encounter rate for Alolan Sandshrew, Zubat, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Ditto, Porygon, Hoothoot, Remoraid, Whismur, Lileep, Anorith, Cottonee, Foongus
  • 5km eggs: Nidoran-F, Nidoran-M, Slowpoke, Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, Anorith
  • Increased raids for Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Shinx, Timburr, Klink
  • Shiny Slowpoke
  • Event-exclusive Timed Research that rewards Pidgeot Mega Energy, Poké Balls, Berries, encounters with Slowpoke and Gible etc.
  • Event-exclusive Field Research that rewards encounters with Slowpoke and others
  • Mega Pidgeot gets CP boost
  • Shiny Meltan via Mystery Box
  • Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion in five-star raids from November 16th, 1pm to November 24th, 1pm PST
  • Special avatar items including Melmetal Jacket, Melmetal Vest, Melmetal Shoes, Grand Oak's Glasses

Basically a bunch of common Pokémon become more common and return of Shiny Meltan.

Shiny Slowpoke, Shiny Meltan from the Mystery Box, and more during the Pokémon HOME event!

Trainers,

In celebration of Pokémon GO’s integration with Pokémon HOME, a special event will be taking place soon! Activate a Mystery Box during the event, and you might encounter a Shiny Meltan. There’s also plenty of research to enjoy—from Timed Research that rewards Pidgeot Mega Energy to Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Slowpoke and others! In addition, Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period, so if you haven’t Mega Evolved one yet, this might be a good time to do so.

Date + Time

Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, November 23, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Alolan Sandshrew, Zubat, Alolan Diglett, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Ditto, Porygon, Hoothoot, Remoraid, Whismur, Lileep, Anorith, Cottonee, and Foongus.
  • The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Nidoran ♀, Nidoran ♂, Slowpoke, Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, and Anorith.
  • Pokémon such as Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Shinx, Timburr, Klink, and more will be appearing in raids.
  • If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Slowpoke!
  • Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward you Pidgeot Mega Energy, Poké Balls, Berries, encounters with Slowpoke and Gible, and more.
  • Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will reward encounters with Pokémon like Slowpoke and more!
    Mega Pidgeot will receive a CP boost during the event period.
  • Be sure to activate the Mystery Box during this time—you might encounter a Shiny Meltan! It seems these Shiny Meltan will go back into hiding after this event is over. We'll sure be sure to let you know if they're spotted again in the future.
  • From Monday, November 16, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, November 24, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8), Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
  • There will be special avatar items available, including the Melmetal Jacket, the Melmetal Vest, Melmetal Shoes, and Grand Oak’s Glasses! Check out the Style Shop to get yours.
Let’s GO celebrate the eagerly awaited Pokémon GO integration with Pokémon HOME, Trainers!

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Basically a bunch of common Pokémon become more common
Feels like every event is starting to have that as its theme. "Look forward to increased Shellder spawns this week, and on Wednesday there'll be a Snubbull Hour!"

Every week is already Shellder week, and every hour with a cloud in the sky is Snubbull Hour already. Meanwhile, some Pokémon are still exceedingly rare for how long they've been released.

Niantic themselves have since they started teasing home compatability coming out soon, saying that a re-release of Shiny Meltan would soon follow. I had been holding back on using mine due to that very announcement.
I genuinely never saw this and I keep up with GO news. They could have at least announced this event in advance either way.

Edit: Oh this is going on for 6 days. Don't care then

I actually think the spawn increases this event are fairly good, by the by? Foongus, Cottonee and Remoraid aren't too common at least around my area; Anorith and Lileep are extremely elusive, and Porygon I've literally never seen outside of Community Day. So some of these choices are a bit odd, but a handful of them are pretty good.

... what I'm definitely disappointed in though are the raids. Metagross is kind of nice, I guess (though I already have two of them from the league), but there's nothing here that's particularly interesting; mostly just the same old stuff. They added the Muskedeers in too but we've known they were coming for weeks and we've had them before.

Yeah, it is a bit wild -- especially as both have 3 raid legends. Unless you pay it's not possible to get all of them with remote passes...
Well, in the case of the Lake trio each one is exclusive to different continents, not likely to get more than the one that is found on the continent you live on.

Well, in the case of the Lake trio each one is exclusive to different continents, not likely to get more than the one that is found on the continent you live on.
Not really if you're doing remote raids. I'm not sure what the last Legendary I got from the UK was.

Hopefully the lake trio will be far more accessible... I never managed to get Uxie during the debut, and only got my one pathetic one in a trade...
Let’s hope they are available across all countries this time EDIT: oh what a disappointment...
Although let’s be honest they’re nothing more than dex fillers

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Anyone in Asia on these forums? I have a reliable American friend added but sadly no-one in Asia, where I presume Uxie will be hanging out. 8006 0569 7020, will invite you to Mesprit raids in return.

(I presume it's Azelf for Americas, Mesprit for Europe & Africa, and Uxie for Asia, but I don't have any of them so it makes no difference)

Huge update coming.
  • Level cap increase to 50
    • EXP gain rebalance starting November 30th
    • Legacy 40 Trainer title awarded to those who reach level 40 before the end of the year
    • Double Catch XP bonus is live now
    • CP limit increased and the introduction of Candy XL
    • Leveling up beyond level 40 will require research tasks to be completed as well
  • Seasons implementation
    • Basically, common Pokemon become more common depending on the season
  • Kalos Pokemon
    • Starting December 2nd
    • Kalos starter evolution lines
    • Bunnelby and Diggersby
    • Fletching, Fletchinder, Talonflame
    • Litleo and Pyroar
    • Klefki (France only)
  • Friendship event live now
    • Quicker friendship level increase
    • Attack boosts and increased XP when raiding with friends
    • More gifts can be opened each day

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)