Pokémon GO

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This morning I put up a Lucky Egg and Incense for Nidoran Day just to see how much EXP I could rack up in an hour. Only managed around 100k, so my quest to level 40 with just over a month left is not looking good. Going to have to take advantage of spotlight hours, I suppose.
At the moment you get 2000 bonus EXP per Excellent Throw, so if you pop a Lucky Egg and a few bits of Incense and maybe a Lure or two, you can rake in the experience pretty quickly.

By the way, it seems like they've become rather generous with Stardust as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/k4l90j

At the moment you get 2000 bonus EXP per Excellent Throw, so if you pop a Lucky Egg and a few bits of Incense and maybe a Lure or two, you can rake in the experience pretty quickly.
Oof, not really good at the whole Excellent Throw ordeal.

Got about 250k XP during Spotlight Hour earlier. I'd cleared out some room and caught some evolution fodder but managed to get through that pretty quickly. Only around 4.3 million XP to go lol.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
So how the hell do they expect people to complete the research when Kalos starters are virtually nonexistent? What a dismal event this has been so far. Luckily I like Litleo, it's the only thing that spawns with any regularity.

Was running around the city a lot today, so got all except Noibat (Espurr was from a raid). Chespin, Fennekin, Bunnelby are semi-common encounters; and Litleo seems the most common.
Froakie does seem extremely rare though

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i found froakie within the first 10 minutes but now I'm on the step to catch froakie and it's nowhere in sight for me. i did evolve a male litleo so am looking forward to placing it in a gym sometime soon.

QuentinQuonce

i found froakie within the first 10 minutes but now I'm on the step to catch froakie and it's nowhere in sight for me. i did evolve a male litleo so am looking forward to placing it in a gym sometime soon.
This is the irritating thing. I can see a Fennekin if there's one a mile away. But if I've already caught one it won't show up on the nearby radar unless it's literally right outside my house. So it seems like one's the most I can expect to get.

I did catch a Noibat though, so shouldn't moan...

We have an event to tie in with the movie!

Rundown
  • Starts December 14th, 8am local time
  • Special Research guided by Jessie and James to encounter Shiny Celebi
  • Jessie and James to return in their Meowth balloon with different Shadow Pokémon
  • Explorer Pikachu available from December 14th, 8am to December 21st, 10pm local time
  • Snapshot to see Jessie and James
  • Explorer Pikachu for Spotlight Hour on December 15th, double Candy bonus
  • December 14th, 8am to December 17th, 10pm local time
    • Hoothoot, Nuzleaf, Drilbur, Cottonee, Dwebble, Durant to be more common in the wild
    • Lickitung, Mawile, Flygon, Rufflet, and more in Raids
    • Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Bonsly, Rufflet from 5km Eggs
  • Jessie and James to appear more frequently on December 25th

Celebrate Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle with a collaboration event featuring Shiny Celebi in Special Research and Jessie and James’s return to Pokémon GO

Trainers,

We’re excited to announce that the latest Pokémon film, Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle, is coming soon! In celebration of the upcoming release, beginning on Monday, December 14, 2020, Jessie and James will be returning to Pokémon GO, and you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Celebi by completing limited-time Special Research! You can also look forward to lots of other in-game content inspired by the movie!

Complete Special Research to encounter Shiny Celebi! Plus, Jessie and James return to Pokémon GO!

Date + Time

Starting Monday, December 14, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. local time

Features
  • A limited-time Special Research story inspired by the movie will be available! Complete this research line to encounter Shiny Celebi. In an odd twist of events, Jessie and James will be guiding you through this Special Research story instead of Professor Willow! You’ll need to prepare for trouble for this one! Stay tuned for updates on when this Special Research will become unavailable.
  • Jessie and James will be returning in their Meowth balloon for a limited time! It seems they’ve received different Shadow Pokémon from Team GO Rocket than the last time the pair appeared in the world of Pokémon GO. Stay tuned for updates on when Jessie and James will be leaving.
  • Be sure to check out the avatar items inspired by Jessie’s and James’s outfits from Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle. These avatar items will be available for free in the Style Shop!
Explorer Pikachu makes its Pokémon GO debut!

Date + Time

From Monday, December 14, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, December 21, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Explorer Pikachu will be appearing in the wild and in raids! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Explorer Pikachu!
  • If you take a snapshot during this time, you might see Jessie and James!
  • During the Pokémon Spotlight Hour on Tuesday, December 15, 2020, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, Explorer Pikachu will be appearing more frequently in the wild, and you’ll receive twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
Meet Pokémon connected to Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle!

Date + Time

From Monday, December 14, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Hoothoot, Nuzleaf, Drilbur, Cottonee, Dwebble, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Durant!
  • Lickitung, Mawile, Flygon, Rufflet, and more will be appearing in Raid Battles.
  • Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Bonsly, and Rufflet will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
  • If you’re lucky, you might even find a Shiny Rufflet!
Jessie and James’s Meowth balloon will be appearing more frequently on December 25!

Date + Time

Friday, December 25, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Jessie and James’s Meowth balloon will be appearing more frequently! Be sure to use this opportunity to challenge the duo.
Stay tuned for more details on Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle, Trainers!

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

It's so strange to me that at least Bunnelby, Fletchling and Litleo aren't common. I don't need them to be community day levels but wow.

And how about those catch rates, huh?
In my zone, I managed to get a lot of Litleo and Bunnelby, Fletching, less.
Starters are nowhere ...

Espurr is not in a lot of gyms ! Didn't try Mega Abo also

But I managed to get my Klefky ! French powaaaa :)

December Community Day details have also been release.

Rundown
  • December 12th, 6am to December 13th, 10pm local time
  • More common wild encounters: Charmander, Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Electabuzz, Magmar, Magikarp, Porygon, Seedot, Piplup
  • Raids: Totodile, Swinub, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Ralts, Slakoth, Trapinch, Bagon, Turtwig, Chimchar
  • 2km Eggs: Totodile, Swinub, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Ralts, Slakoth, Trapinch, Bagon, Turtwig, Chimchar
  • Exclusive moves list
    • Charizard: Dragon Breath
    • Beedrill: Drill Run
    • Alakazam: Counter
    • Rhyperior: Rock Wrecker
    • Electivire: Flamethrower
    • Magmortar: Thunderbolt
    • Gyarados: Aqua Tail
    • Porygon-Z: Tri Attack
    • Feraligatr: Hydro Cannon
    • Mamoswine: Ancient Power
    • Sceptile: Frenzy Plant
    • Blaziken: Blast Burn
    • Shiftry: Bullet Seed
    • Gardevoir/Gallade: Synchronoise
    • Slaking: Body Slam
    • Swampert: Hydro Cannon
    • Flygon: Earth Power
    • Salamence: Outrage
    • Torterra: Frenzy Plant
    • Infernape: Blast Burn
    • Empoleon: Hydro Cannon
  • One-time Community Day Box for 1,280 PokéCoins that includes 30 Ultra Balls, 5 Lucky Eggs, 1 Elite Fast TM, 1 Elite Charged TM
  • Event-exclusive Timed Research rewarding Elite Charged TM and other items
  • Special Research story for US$1 or equivalent
  • December 12th from 11am to 5pm local time:
    • Common wild encounters and shinies: Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Seedot, Piplup
    • Bonuses
      • 2x Catch Stardust
      • Half Egg hatch distance when Eggs are placed in Incubators during event
      • 3-hour Incense
    • Mega Gengar raids
  • December 13th from 11am to 5pm local time:
    • Common wild encounters and shinies: Charmander, Electabuzz, Magmar, Magikarp, Porygon
    • Bonuses
      • 2x Catch Stardust
      • Half Egg hatch distance when Eggs are placed in Incubators during event
      • 3-hour Incense
    • Mega Charizard X raids

Don’t miss December Community Day!

Trainers,

As we say goodbye to 2020, let’s take a look back on the Community Day events we shared together.

This year, our final Community Day event will be held on Saturday, December 12, and Sunday, December 13, 2020. Throughout the event, Pokémon featured in Community Day events throughout 2019 and 2020 will be appearing more frequently in the wild and in raids, so this event will be a great time for you to catch Pokémon featured in any Community Day events you may have missed! For a limited time each day, you’ll be more likely to encounter certain Shiny Pokémon, you’ll benefit from bonuses, and different Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in Mega Raids! Read on for details on what you can expect from each day of the December Community Day weekend.

December Community Day Weekend

Date + Time

Saturday, December 12, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. local time
  • Pokémon appearing more frequently in the wild: Charmander, Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Electabuzz, Magmar, Magikarp, Porygon, Seedot, and Piplup.
  • Pokémon appearing in raids: Totodile, Swinub, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Ralts, Slakoth, Trapinch, Bagon, Turtwig, and Chimchar.
  • Pokémon hatching from 2 km Eggs: Totodile, Swinub, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Ralts, Slakoth, Trapinch, Bagon, Turtwig, and Chimchar.
  • Get Pokémon that know exclusive attacks from 2019 and 2020 Community Day events: If you evolve the following Pokémon during the event, their Evolution will know an exclusive attack. Don’t worry, Trainers—exclusive attacks featured in 2018 will be available in the future.
    • Evolve Charmeleon to get a Charizard that knows Dragon Breath.
    • Evolve Kakuna to get a Beedrill that knows Drill Run.
    • Evolve Kadabra to get an Alakazam that knows Counter.
    • Evolve Haunter to get a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch.
    • Evolve Rhydon to get a Rhyperior that knows Rock Wrecker.
    • Evolve Electabuzz to get an Electivire that knows Flamethrower.
    • Evolve Magmar to get a Magmortar that knows Thunderbolt.
    • Evolve Magikarp to get a Gyarados that knows Aqua Tail.
    • Evolve Porygon2 to get a Porygon-Z that knows Tri Attack.
    • Evolve Croconaw to get a Feraligatr that knows Hydro Cannon.
    • Evolve Piloswine to get a Mamoswine that knows Ancient Power.
    • Evolve Grovyle to get a Sceptile that knows Frenzy Plant.
    • Evolve Combusken to get a Blaziken that knows Blast Burn.
    • Evolve Nuzleaf to get a Shiftry that knows Bullet Seed.
    • Evolve Kirlia to get a Gardevoir or Gallade that knows Synchronoise.
    • Evolve Vigoroth to get a Slaking that knows Body Slam.
    • Evolve Marshtomp to get a Swampert that knows Hydro Cannon.
    • Evolve Vibrava to get a Flygon that knows Earth Power.
    • Evolve Shelgon to get a Salamence that knows Outrage
    • Evolve Grotle to get a Torterra that knows Frenzy Plant.
    • Evolve Monferno to get an Infernape that knows Blast Burn.
    • Evolve Prinplup to get an Empoleon that knows Hydro Cannon.
  • There’ll be a special one-time-purchase December Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins featuring 30 Ultra Balls, five Lucky Eggs, one Elite Fast TM, and one Elite Charged TM.
  • Event-exclusive Timed Research will be available! By completing Timed Research tasks, you’ll be able to earn an Elite Charged TM and other rewards.
  • For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the December Community Day–exclusive Special Research story.
Stay tuned for when tickets for the December Community Day 2020 Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

From 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, you can experience the following.
  • Pokémon appearing even more frequently in the wild and more likely to be Shiny: Weedle, Abra, Gastly, Rhyhorn, Seedot, and Piplup.
  • Bonuses:
    • 2× Catch Stardust
    • 1/2 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during these hours
    • Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
  • Mega Raids: Mega Gengar raids will be happening more frequently.
Sunday, December 13, 2020

From 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, you can experience the following.
  • Pokémon appearing even more frequently in the wild and more likely to be Shiny: Charmander, Electabuzz, Magmar, Magikarp, and Porygon.
  • Bonuses:
    • 2× Catch Stardust
    • 1/2 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during these hours
    • Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
  • Mega Raids: Mega Charizard X raids will be happening more frequently.
As 2020 comes to an end, let’s look back on the memories we made during all the Community Day events this year. Don’t forget to share your experiences from this weekend with us on social media with #PokemonGOCommunityDay. Let’s GO!

Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Poké Balls are going to be more common at Poké Stops this month. Niantic felt it was extremely important they let you knew this through an entire CG trailer

Either it’s a teaser for more types (maybe?) of Pokeballs, a teaser for the Kalos legendaries, or just another Niantic ad. Kinda doubt we’ll see ‘more’ pokeball drops (considering I get 4+ Pokeballs only from Pokestops already), so sure hope its teasing something

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm no mention whether 2018 community day pokemon can learn their exclusive moves now that charizard got something different this year. i have a lucky beldum and a 98% shadow larvitar that would like to get meteor mash and smackdown respectively without needing an exclusive tm for that.

QuentinQuonce

Literally none of the 2020 community day Pokemon are ones I want more of (with the possible exception of Porygon) so I guess I'm going to be hatching a lot of Eggs next weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)