Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is a kicking move like Low Kick. Exeggutor and Mudkip's presence on this list means that anything involving hands would be incredibly bizarre. It also matches up 100% with the list of existing Low Kick users, which is true of very few existing Fighting moves that aren't obscenely rare.
Maybe that's smellingsault?Or however you spell it.

nobody has mentioned this yet, so I will!
PLOT PASS MIME! woo hoo!
pass or sweep with that wonderful special movepool.
oh, wait, there's technitop and fake out...
STILL!

Jumpluff to get a huge jump in usage with the ability to outspeed and Encore SubNastyMissy's Sub or Nasty Plot or any Nasty Plot from Mime, Jynx and Cacturne.

Arcanine will be used more in Sun Teams with Morning Sun.
Victreebel also got a boost under the Sun with 100BP + STAB Fire-type Weather Ball under the sun.

Qwilfish gets priority in the form of Aqua Jet but where can it be fit on the rain sweeper set Swords Dance/Waterfall/Poison Jab/Explosion... I'd take Poison Jab out.

Qwilfish gets priority in the form of Aqua Jet but where can it be fit on the rain sweeper set Swords Dance/Waterfall/Poison Jab/Explosion... I'd take Poison Jab out.
if aqua jet isn't actually a tutor move, you pretty much have to take out swords dance

Code:
[???]
Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Drowzee, Hypno, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Electabuzz, Magmar, Kabutops, Mewtwo, Mew, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Snubbull, Granbull, Heracross, Sneasel, Ursaring, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Elekid, Tyranitar, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Combusken, Blaziken, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Vigoroth, Slaking, Loudred, Exploud, Makuhita, Hariyama, Sableye, Aggron, Meditite, Medicham, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Armaldo, Kecleon, Deoxys, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Floatzel, Ambipom, Buneary, Lopunny, Bonsly, Riolu, Lucario, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Weavile, Electivire, Magmortar, Gallade, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S
This looks like it could by Dynamic Punch to me.(line above sky attack)

The Ghost one could be Shadow Sneak, but giving it to Giratina sort of ruins the uniqueness of the egg move. :\

Code:
Venusaur, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Muk, Onix, Rhydon, Lapras, Snorlax, Mew, Sudowoodo, Slowking, Forretress, Steelix, Donphan, Miltank, Blissey, Tyranitar, Slaking, Nosepass, Aggron, Swalot, Wailord, Cradily, Armaldo, Snorunt, Glalie, Walrein, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Torterra, Bastiodon, Gastrodon, Bronzong, Bonsly, Abomasnow, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Probopass, Froslass, Regigigas
Line about the "bug bite?". Could be earthpower? Definitely looks to be ground type, and the Slowpoke family do get access to Earthquake.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can't confirm this but Tutor moves you BUY

Dragonbreath りゅうのいぶき 79000円
Zap Cannon でんじほう 60000円
Bullet Punch バレットパンチ 80000円
Ice Shard こおりのつぶて 80000円
Aqua Jet アクアジェット 80000円
Shadow Sneak かげうち    80000円
Encore アンコール   35000円
From the other thread.

This metagame will be even more priority oriented than before. Shadow Sneak and Ice Shard are certainly welcome if more OU Pokemon get them, particularily against Latias, Salamence, and Flygon. Purely offensive teams that run fragile things will no longer have to only watch out for Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Those who wanted Encore, there you go. Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill still has a chance I think.

The first line certainly puts a damper on things, though.

Code:
[???]
Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Drowzee, Hypno, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Electabuzz, Magmar, Kabutops, Mewtwo, Mew, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Snubbull, Granbull, Heracross, Sneasel, Ursaring, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Elekid, Tyranitar, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Combusken, Blaziken, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Vigoroth, Slaking, Loudred, Exploud, Makuhita, Hariyama, Sableye, Aggron, Meditite, Medicham, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Armaldo, Kecleon, Deoxys, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Floatzel, Ambipom, Buneary, Lopunny, Bonsly, Riolu, Lucario, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Weavile, Electivire, Magmortar, Gallade, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S
This looks like it could by Dynamic Punch to me.(line above sky attack)
I hope not. Relying on the fact that Kabutops has scythes for arms, with no firsts. That would be a terrible move tutor, but I could see it.

Code:
Venusaur, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Muk, Onix, Rhydon, Lapras, Snorlax, Mew, Sudowoodo, Slowking, Forretress, Steelix, Donphan, Miltank, Blissey, Tyranitar, Slaking, Nosepass, Aggron, Swalot, Wailord, Cradily, Armaldo, Snorunt, Glalie, Walrein, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Torterra, Bastiodon, Gastrodon, Bronzong, Bonsly, Abomasnow, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Probopass, Froslass, Regigigas
Line about the "bug bite?". Could be earthpower? Definitely looks to be ground type, and the Slowpoke family do get access to Earthquake.
Earth Power was a tutor in Platinum. I don't think they would do it again.

DynamicPunch and Zap Cannon are most likely not here. This is based on comparing the TM lists with the Tutor Lists here.

I hope not. Relying on the fact that Kabutops has scythes for arms, with no firsts. That would be a terrible move tutor, but I could see it.

I think those are probably for the curse tutor is there is any since they all seem bulky and probably would have gotten curse in gne2.

All the move tutors~

slowkingsley from serebii said:
All the move Tutors

Snore 32BP
Spite 40BP
Helping Hand 40BP
Synthesis 40BP
Magnet Rise 40BP
Last Resort 48BP
Swift 40BP
Uproar 48BP
String Shot 32BP
Tailwind 48BP
Gravity 32BP
Worry Seed 32BP
Magic Coat 32BP
Role Play 48BP
Heal Bell 48BP
Block 32BP

Mud-slap 32BP
Rollout 32Bp
Superpower 48BP
Iron Head 40BP
Aqua Tail 40BP
Gastro Acid 32BP
Endeavor 64BP
Outrage 48BP
Ancientpower 40BP
Signal Beam 40BP
Earth Power 40Bp
Gunk Shot 32BP
Twister 40BP
Seed Bomb 40BP
Iron Defense 40BP
Bounce 32BP
Heat Wave 48BP
Super Fang 40BP
Pain Split 64BP
Low Kick 32BP
Sky Attack 64BP

Dive 40BP
Fury Cutter 32BP
Icy Wind 48BP
Thunderpunch 64BP
Ice punch 64BP
Fire Punch 64BP
Ominous wind 48BP
Air Cutter 48BP
Zen Headbutt 64BP
Vacuum Wave 48BP
Trick 48BP
Knock Off 40BP
Bug Bite 32BP
Sucker Punch 40BP

So there are all the Move Tutors in Platinum plus 14 new ones.
Bug Bite, Sky Attack, Low Kick, Pain Split, Super Fang, Block, Heal Bell, Role Play, Magic Coat, Worry Seed, Gravity, Tailwind, String Shot. (Plus Headbutt in Ilex forest)

That will be a bit of a disappointment for me, honestly, if it is Curse, as Grotle learns it by level up. Oh well, almost all of my favorite pokes have received improvements, no need to be greedy.

EDIT: Wow, Super Fang IS a tutor. Holy shit.

I think those are probably for the curse tutor is there is any since they all seem bulky and probably would have gotten curse in gne2.
If so, I am excited for Cursegross.
-Curse
-Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake/Hammer Arm

Large attack stat to abuse STAB Gyro Ball, due to the Speed drops. Has the Defenses to do it too. Bullet Punches for Priority

EDIT:nvm , was a shot for it though.

I cant beleived they raised the prices of the punches that much if it was heatwave/discharge/ some other good ice move then it mihgt be agreeable but an extra 16 bp.

Missed Kabutops :\ and Exeggutor is totally know for his punching capabilities... Plus, I'd expect Charizard, Pikachu, Clefable.... There's alot that could get Dynamic Punch that are missing. Would check if they got them in Gen 2, but bulbapedia won't seem to load.... Definitely leaning towards a fighting type move though.

Earth Power was a tutor in Platinum. I don't think they would do it again.
Not necessarily saying it IS Earth Power, but they could repeat it. Could be to add in things they missed last time round, but I'm sticking with ground type as my guess though.

Looking at the ghost one again, I think we can sort of assume at this point that it might not be shadow sneak. Come on, Magcargo and priority? Could happen, but still...

EDIT: Beaten to it by two posts :S. Looks like I could be right about earthpower, but no dynamic punch. Lack of zap cannon also disappoints...

Bug Bite, Sky Attack, Low Kick, Pain Split, Super Fang, Block, Heal Bell, Role Play, Magic Coat, Worry Seed, Gravity, Tailwind, String Shot, Headbutt

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit Super Fang tutor real.

Holy christ Walrein usage is going to go through the roof.

I was right about Heal Bell. sadly Articuno and Dragonite don't get it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)